Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Had my Miku from Best Buy ship today. That's awesome, I thought they didn't ship til the game came out.
You still may not get it for a week or so depending on what service they used to ship it. Free shipping is usually a combination of UPS and the USPS for delivery which could mean delays as once it gets handed off to USPS, all bets are off. Not sure if the speed will increase now that they are upgrading Elite Plus shipping to Express for free for the holidays.

Ah well, I never noticed the money-for-levels/gald was also for Xillia.

As for exclusivity, it's more like "unlikely I can get it for $20 down the road" but I'll still hold off for a Namco site sale where is where I got Graces F (and Symphonia but that one has been $20 anyway or less many times since).

So many other things to play....including Graces F (and Xillia 2 if the $20 BF thing happens again) to really care to need it now anyway.

It looks like Namco-Bandai is finally beginning to ship out their copies of Tales of Hearts R for anybody who ordered through them. Assuming everybody who ordered through them had the delayed shipping issue.
I can confirm this, I got an email earlier saying they're shipping mine overnight so it should get to me tomorrow.

Ah well, I never noticed the money-for-levels/gald was also for Xillia.

As for exclusivity, it's more like "unlikely I can get it for $20 down the road" but I'll still hold off for a Namco site sale where is where I got Graces F (and Symphonia but that one has been $20 anyway or less many times since).

So many other things to play....including Graces F (and Xillia 2 if the $20 BF thing happens again) to really care to need it now anyway.
sadly I don't think xillia 2 will get marked down like 1 did as if it was it would of happened already.

sadly I don't think xillia 2 will get marked down like 1 did as if it was it would of happened already.
not really and i got mine for 40 when it was on sale for a couple of weeks on amazon, havent checked lately, will get cheaper soon like black friday or after, defiantely next year closer to zestra

IMHO They overproduced copies of Xillia 2.  For a 'niche' game, my local BB has at least 6-8 copies on the shelves and every local Target has the game.  I'm hoping for a Collector's Edition around $50-60, but I am counting on the game getting discounted before Christmas.

Xillia 1 didn't get marked down $20 until Black Friday at Gamestop I believe.

Target actually already has Xillia 2 at $40, but I'm still holding out for a sale.
xillias price dropped to below 30 in october I scored the le for 25$ then off amazon. Only reason I would remember is because I'm still bitter. I bought it ni no kuni and atelier ayesha before the big blowout sales they all had. Paid 20 for ni no kuni 25 for ayesha and they all dropped like a stone a little bit after. ayesha burns the most because it dropped below 20 the day I bought it.

Either way my point is xillia was much lower by this point last year.

xillias price dropped to below 30 in october I scored the le for 25$ then off amazon. Only reason I would remember is because I'm still bitter. I bought it ni no kuni and atelier ayesha before the big blowout sales they all had. Paid 20 for ni no kuni 25 for ayesha and they all dropped like a stone a little bit after. ayesha burns the most because it dropped below 20 the day I bought it.

Either way my point is xillia was much lower by this point last year.
I got those same deals for Ni no kuni and tales of xilli. I think tales was $20 though.
And the first batch shipped from amazon were LE version. I still havent
opened them and this purchase was over a year ago.

and that's not even counting that it dropped to 10$ on psn back in january ^ ooh I was so mad. On another note I wonder how many people bought that tog and tox bundle when it was 15 for plus users?  I'd guess that and 2$ symphonia moved like crazy.

Xillia 1 also came out a month earlier than xillia 2 (2013/2014). That's probably why it hasn't drop to $30 normal.
Maybe we get the $20 price around Christmas

It has a great story
It had potential. The biggest problem is it goes no where for half the game,and then they decide to kick it in high gear with one of the worst exposition drops in a game. Then you got the juvenile dialogue which feels the need to constantly repeat jokes that weren't funny the first time another 20 times.

Okay deal. I believe it's been $25 or $20 on PSN. I'd say $20 is the perfect price but it's a good game and required to play before playing its sequel.
5E5eJox.jpg.gif

Danganronpa is so good I don't think you'll be upset if you buy it and see it for less later
Agreed, there aren't too many Visual Novels localized, so it's a gem for sure. I did become addicted to the game and did a case a night while playing the game. I didn't want it to end. I Liked all the characters and I have the sequel and will get to it soon. For right now it's Destiny(not too much but i'm leveling slowly as it bores me quickly)/COD AW and Tales of Hearts R.

Wow I love how my copy of Tales of Hearts R is on a FedEx delivery truck 48 miles away.... :/

Edit: I got it never mind lol

I still like the first game more than the second one. Most of the reason is just because I don't like almost any character in the second one.

As for Miku, mine hasn't shipped. Are you guys buying it for Vita or PS3?

I ordered it for Vita, thinking I'd get a Vita TV. I ordered one last night, but now I'm leaning on canceling it.

Will probably still keep the Vita Miku though.

PS3 since I own the JP Vita version.
Nice, any of you need a BF? J/K.

I got the PS Vita Jap version as well. I am getting Diva F 2nd PS3 from Gamestop though so I can get the Americana module and whatever else is in the DLC.

I'm a huge Miku fan...I even bought her dollfie....that's a bit crazy....but I doubt I'll get anymore of those.

Well, also like Miku as well, more or less, but hey I got a plushie thanks to some people I held their spots in line for to get their goods over at the Miku Expo - Halloween Event a while back (Good Karma! ;)).

And on topic...Only getting the PS3 version of PD-F 2nd, Vita ver. may come later if for a sale or something.

Well, also like Miku as well, more or less, but hey I got a plushie thanks to some people I held their spots in line for to get their goods over at the Miku Expo - Halloween Event a while back (Good Karma! ;)).

And on topic...Only getting the PS3 version of PD-F 2nd, Vita ver. may come later if for a sale or something.
oh I went to that & the concert. They probably bought the miku Halloween figure, that thing sold out instantly & tripled in price.

oh I went to that & the concert. They probably bought the miku Halloween figure, that thing sold out instantly & tripled in price.
Nice I need to see one of those someday. I have that nendo and it looks nice but the back peg was very hard to get in. I had to shave her back hole a little bit, otherwise the fit was too loose. She looks awesome though.

Nice I need to see one of those someday. I have that nendo and it looks nice but the back peg was very hard to get in. I had to shave her back hole a little bit, otherwise the fit was too loose. She looks awesome though.
I gave up trying to get the peg in. Most stressful 10 minutes of my life!

After using/watching the CrunchyRoll app on PSVita, I learned to not buy Rhino horn, that a Toyota Prius is a luxury car, and that it's ok to be creepy around children, as long as you say you're a father figure.

It's a cool app, but there are limitations to it. It doesn't have ALL the anime you could ever want. But I do applaud them for the service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back