Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
As for Miku, mine hasn't shipped. Are you guys buying it for Vita or PS3?
I plan on picking up the PS3 version later. Too many games coming out + BF sales. I also already have the JP Vita version so I'm in no hurry. Still need to know if cross save will work between the JP Vita copy and a US PS3 copy.

Same here. BBY keeps dropping the price by only a little. They'll drop it to $30 eventually.

I had to shave her back hole a little bit, otherwise the fit was too loose.
Giggity

I plan on picking up the PS3 version later. Too many games coming out + BF sales. I also already have the JP Vita version so I'm in no hurry. Still need to know if cross save will work between the JP Vita copy and a US PS3 copy.
You can transfer a save from JP version to US, so it's quite possible cross save between regions could work. You already knew that though I assume

Got my copy of ToH:R today and I noticed that sony is now putting "Playstation TV compatible" on the box. Hopefully this encourages more compatible games going forward.

After using/watching the CrunchyRoll app on PSVita, I learned to not buy Rhino horn, that a Toyota Prius is a luxury car, and that it's ok to be creepy around children, as long as you say you're a father figure.

It's a cool app, but there are limitations to it. It doesn't have ALL the anime you could ever want. But I do applaud them for the service.
the sad thing is the rhino commercial has bled onto regular tv channels too :/ Yeah like the average person can even afford rhino horns.

I am gettig the ps3 version of miku, it is much better imo.  I got a plat in the first game on ps3, but I am 2 trophies away from the vita version.  I find the touch screen a lot harder to master than the ds3. 

I am gettig the ps3 version of miku, it is much better imo. I got a plat in the first game on ps3, but I am 2 trophies away from the vita version. I find the touch screen a lot harder to master than the ds3.
F 2nd Vita lets you choose whether to use the touch screen or the analog sticks for star notes.

Well, my tracking number is showing stuff and it's projecting and arrival date of the 18th! Things usually get to my place when they're projected to, so hopefully I'll be playing this release day.

Dumb question but does dlc ever go down in price over time? I was just looking at the character dlc for the ateliers and Totori's is at $3, Meruru's at $4, Ayesha's at $5 each, etc. Is each additional character in Shallie gonna be $7 each?

Also, if the download is 100kb does that mean it was on disc dlc? The bastards.

Dumb question but does dlc ever go down in price over time? I was just looking at the character dlc for the ateliers and Totori's is at $3, Meruru's at $4, Ayesha's at $5 each, etc. Is each additional character in Shallie gonna be $7 each?

It goes on sale. I'm sure some of it gets price drops on occasion, but I've not noticed that happening much.

that's why people buy the plus versions I guess since all the dlc is on disc?

Ever since seeing the CrunchyRoll ad for Puzzles and Dragons, I've been on it like crack. Why didn't anyone tell me there was a match 3/RPG-lite/monster collecting game out there!?

So many games coming out soon... Gonna celebrate Thanksgiving playing most of them. Luckily this year I don't have to worry about going out and braving the crowds. Mostly thanks to GCU tempting me to buy games new more often and digital distribution (thank you based GabeN).

I've actually wanted to try that but alas I have no device to play it on.  It's for the best though as I need to finish grandia then I can maybe start hearts r. Since I have the next 2 days off but then work the next 4-7 in a row so I kinda don't want to start it just to not be able to play it for a week or more.  Then there's the stuff in my backlog xD. Oh god I still haven't finished arc the lad 2 yet >.>

Ever since seeing the CrunchyRoll ad for Puzzles and Dragons, I've been on it like crack. Why didn't anyone tell me there was a match 3/RPG-lite/monster collecting game out there!?

So many games coming out soon... Gonna celebrate Thanksgiving playing most of them. Luckily this year I don't have to worry about going out and braving the crowds. Mostly thanks to GCU tempting me to buy games new more often and digital distribution (thank you based GabeN).
I think the main problem with the game and why I stopped playing was it was very hard to get rare monsters without paying. It required having too many friends and it got extremely grindy at on point. That point was at a boss that could take out my team in two attacks....never had a chance. It was fun for what I played and am now playing Terra Battle which is getting to a point to where I'm getting bored also, but it's way easier to get rare characters.

They both are decent F2P games though.

Also on another note, I've been playing Tales of Hearts R. It's a very decent game, but I can see it being decidingly average. The gameplay is alright and the controls are good in battle. The leveling up system is fun to get new skills and weapons. The graphics also look pretty good for the Vita. The story is close to being terrible though. I'm not liking these characters as much, as some are just terrible ideas like the overprotective big brother and kind of dumb main character who has an attitude problem and a girl who doesn't do much. The big brother thing is the most annoying though......whoever thought that was a good idea should be shot. Also at times the story is extremely spastic. It goes from one thing to another without giving too many details a lot of the time. I will beat it and I enjoy the battle systems and leveling systems, but the rest is just average or below average. My 2 cents of course, I have played about 5-6 hours so far.

super stupid mc's is rpgs and especially tales of shtick :/  I knew I wouldn't like shing the moment I saw his generic design and thought what is yugioh doin in mah tales. 

It depends, the DLC for gravity Rush is still the same price despite the game's age. And DLC for Dynasty warriors never seems to decrease either...I guess you really have to wait for sales. Or Koei Tecmo, or Tecmo Koei is really strict with DLC prices.

It depends, the DLC for gravity Rush is still the same price despite the game's age. And DLC for Dynasty warriors never seems to decrease either...I guess you really have to wait for sales. Or Koei Tecmo, or Tecmo Koei is really strict with DLC prices.
that is just the japanese m o , especially on sony systems, since they allow them to go dirt cheap sometimes, they are hoping they make up for the low price with the high dlc, should be a rule that instead of keeping a game on the site more than two years, all dlc and prices should be slashed, its already past the time they were counting on profits especially with the maybe if every then years later release we get from over there, just stingy bastards and they wonder why their series dont get popular with a new audience

I wonder, how come noone is talking about Kindom Hearts? I just preordered the collectors edition. I have never played any KH before.
Most people have, its a port and it will also be 20$ in no time if the other port compilations are any sign of things probably have something to do with it. I plan on getting it once its dirt cheap to play bbs since I haven't played that one yet.

I wonder, how come noone is talking about Kindom Hearts? I just preordered the collectors edition. I have never played any KH before.
It's old....it's just a remaster...kind of like how no one was really going crazy after FFX HD collection was out. It's nice and all, but it's old stuff and will go cheaper eventually. The S-E remasters all go to $20 and cheaper fairly quickly. I'm sure within 6 months Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Collection will be the same.

I bought FFX on day one, only to be disappointed to see it drop to 20 in a few months. Never again.  :shame: I learned my lesson.

Omg, should I cancel my pre order then? I kind of like to collect Square Enix games, but now that I think of it, 100 is kind of expensive.
ce wise it comes with both the first collection and the second but unless you like the extras and feel you really need to have it I wouldn't bother when more than likely you could get both hd collections for 20 each new. It's possible the ce will drop in price or dingers will show up on awd but ces are almost always a gamble and depends on the number printed.

I think kh2.5 reception will be a bit better since it has the better games in it.

On the subject of ce's anyone know how bamco is going to do the drawing for hearts r's? And how they are going to contact the winners?

ce wise it comes with both the first collection and the second but unless you like the extras and feel you really need to have it I wouldn't bother when more than likely you could get both collections for 20 each. It's possible it will drop in price or dingers will show up on awd but ces are almost always a gamble and depends on the number printed.

On the subject of ce's anyone know how bamco is going to do the drawing for hearts r's? And how they are going to contact the winners?
KH2 CE is Square Enix store exclusive, so you not going to get it from AWD.

Yeah Gamestop ad isn't too hot. I will get Xillia 2, probably Curtain Call and maybe FFXIII-3. It's looking like i'll likely be spending close to $100 on BF for games....not much really.

KH2 CE is Square Enix store exclusive, so you not going to get it from AWD.
That's why I said it was possible. Stuff amazon doesn't sell has appeared on awd before so thus why I wasn't dismissing the possibility of it happening again. How it gets on there I have no idea resellers maybe?

Glad to be wrong about xillia 2. Think amazon will price match it?

That's why I said it was possible. Stuff amazon doesn't sell has appeared on awd before so thus why I wasn't dismissing the possibility of it happening again. How it gets on there I have no idea resellers maybe?

Glad to be wrong about xillia 2. Think amazon will price match it?
Amazon price match just about anything depending on if they have the stock. I hope some deals do get price matched so I can just get them there and keep nice and warm on BF.

Yeah Gamestop ad isn't too hot. I will get Xillia 2, probably Curtain Call and maybe FFXIII-3. It's looking like i'll likely be spending close to $100 on BF for games....not much really.
its pretty crappy, sucks i got xillia 2 last month when it went to 40, most of their prices are the regular prices anyway so no deals, was at least hoping for some good trade in prices or something, guess my pile will wait till target does one again

I was fortunate enough to get this over the weekend.

54dbpt.jpg

My Miku shipped today. Going to be an amazing week for gaming.

Still peeved about Gamestop not including my preorder dlc. Now I have to jump through hoops for their incompetence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back