Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i hope that is a sign they will bring yakuza [SIZE=111%]Ryū ga Gotoku Ishin! to the states too[/SIZE]

I knew this would come. They said it wasn't, but I KNEW. FIRST DAY BUY. Don't wait on this one if you want Zero and the inevitable Y6, folks. Now I can start Yakuza 4 and Dead Souls, but I need to find a copy of Y4 first.

I knew this would come. They said it wasn't, but I KNEW. FIRST DAY BUY. Don't wait on this one if you want Zero and the inevitable Y6, folks. Now I can start Yakuza 4 and Dead Souls, but I need to find a copy of Y4 first.
i will def purchase it day one from bestbuy. it is most likely going to be a low print like hastune miku. i am def goign to get 3 and 4 now.

Don't forget Yakuza 1 & 2 HD. Great games. :)
Yeah, this would easily be the most profitable one. Odd they didn't announce this one. The work is all there. They'd literally just need to insert the translation and get the original voice track for Y1. I heard it kinda flopped over in Japan, though.

Yeah, this would easily be the most profitable one. Odd they didn't announce this one. The work is all there. They'd literally just need to insert the translation and get the original voice track for Y1. I heard it kinda flopped over in Japan, though.
you are dealing with sega tho

Hopefully, they don't price themselves out with Y5. Should be $40-50 max on release for the long delay/last-gen status. Assuming we're getting it physically... Still day 1 for me.

Yakuza 5 baby...and Suikoden 2 psn...good stuff! Don't be cheap on Yakuza 5...get it at release. We saw what happened last time and we want more of these games! Playing Akiba Strip this week made me realize how much I liked the Yakuza series more. They don't compare at all.

I could be missing something, but I don't think they confirmed a simultaneous release of Persona 5 for Japan and NA - just confirmed that US will be getting the PS4 version whenever we get our release.

I would love to be wrong though.

I could be missing something, but I don't think they confirmed a simultaneous release of Persona 5 for Japan and NA - just confirmed that US will be getting the PS4 version whenever we get our release.

I would love to be wrong though.
Only if I could replay the Twitch Stream to watch it again. But nonetheless, we still get Persona 5 in 2015.

FFVII on PS4, a port of PC version. What a huge let down.
It's almost like Square doesn't care, shocker. Ya know what, heck with them. If they're not going to do it properly, I still have my PS1 copy. It was the first game I played on the PS1, it was the last game I played on the PS1, I don't need Square's excuses.

Maybe we will get lucky and they will sell it for 30 like they did for Anarchy Reigns. I doubt it through  :(
But still Yakuza 5! 
Lots of good stuff coming to the vita as well  including  day of the tentacle and grim fandango :)

I can't wait for yakuza 5. Maybe they'll change their minds and release a collector's edition. I don't like to buy psn games for more than $20 but I'll buy this just for a chance of playing Yakuza Ishin.

I'd rather they start working on XV-2
They probably already have. That game has sucked up so much money that if they don't turn a franchise out of it it'll never make a profit. I hope that doesn't keep the games from turning out good though.

And just a month after I finally got around to buying the Japanese version, too.  Oh well, at least I only paid $15 for that one, and I'll still have something to put on my shelf.  Better late than never, Sega!

And just a month after I finally got around to buying the Japanese version, too. Oh well, at least I only paid $15 for that one, and I'll still have something to put on my shelf. Better late than never, Sega!
Haha me too. Should have brought Ishin instad

Good guy Sony
so is sega, they really care about the gamers, in their press announcement blog they said the following:

We’ve received so many requests from our fans to bring Yakuza 5 to the U.S. and Europe. Yakuza 5 also made the top of the list of Sony’s #BuidingTheList campaign led by Gio Corsi at Sony Computer Entertainment and we were moved by all the support given to Yakuza 5 by the PlayStation community.

http://blogs.sega.com/2014/12/06/sega-sony-partner-to-launch-yakuza-5-in-the-west/

well hopefully ur lifetime high of sony fanboy will hug u long time, continue to bow down to ur jap overlords

apparently sony heavily funded to make the localization happen.
well sony apoligites say the same thing, likewise continue to suck on sony on ur knees without any thought to idividualism

Wtf, Yakuza 5 is not getting a physical release?
well the new jap is no dub, accept are s*** and be glad westerners are still licking are trash, goes out to those ignorant sony/nintendo all accepting fanboys who know jap cant know wrong

well hopefully ur lifetime high of sony fanboy will hug u long time, continue to bow down to ur jap overlords

apparently sony heavily funded to make the localization happen.
well sony apoligites say the same thing, likewise continue to suck on sony on ur knees without any thought to idividualism

Wtf, Yakuza 5 is not getting a physical release?
well the new jap is no dub, accept are s*** and be glad westerners are still licking are trash, goes out to those ignorant sony/nintendo all accepting fanboys who know jap cant know wrong

pepsiman 2.0?

Suikoden 1 and 2 is coming to Vita next week.
Since Suikoden 1 is already a classic psone game on psn, I hope that it's just an update to natively work on the vita and not a new release that requires a new purchase.

Suikoden 2 will finally be mine though =)

Code of Princess for 3DS is $23 at Amazon with Prime shipping.

Not a fantastic price, but it has been on my watch list there for years and this is the cheapest I've seen it.

http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0089X37NW/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1QVSZVJW94PZV&coliid=I32TVOA3KK4LDH
I'm kind of amazed that $23 really is a good deal for the physical version when it goes on sale digitally for $15 so often.

Seems like a weird battle system.
It's a beat-em-up with the ability to customize your character's stats with equipment like in a RPG. It looks a lot weirder than it actually is.

Since Suikoden 1 is already a classic psone game on psn, I hope that it's just an update to natively work on the vita and not a new release that requires a new purchase.

Suikoden 2 will finally be mine though =)
If it's anything like Legend of Dragoon, then it should only involve somebody at Sony flipping the switch to allow it to be downloaded to Vita.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back