Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was set on getting Persona 5 on PS3. But once they announced that it is also getting PS4 release, I'm getting the PS4 ver. instead. I'm still keeping my PS3 though.
i am probably going to trade my ps3, once i am done with current backlogs, or if there is a hard to resist trade in offer. i don't want to keep it till it dies, and not being able to recoup anything of it. i am not as hardcore of a gamer as some people on here, who still have a ps2 console, just so they can play their ps2 games.

I just got a PS3 a bit over a year ago so still have a massive backlog. Like 100+ games.  :wall:

KH 2.5 just came out...can't think of any big PS3 exclusives still due to come out. I'd guess mostly Japanese games at this point.

Well, yeah, it was an error, and their post as this on their FB...

To the subscribers of Iffy's News Flash - we're sorry about any confusion the last email may have caused! There was a scheduling error with the email, but rest assured the LE preorder date for Re;Birth2 is set for 1/14 and NOT tomorrow! Sumimasen~

There is a Japanese rape stimulator called rapelay where you play a guy raping his mom. Some of you might like those games.http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RapeLay
Sorry, this still does not compare to glorified violence and simulated mass murder in fps aka cod, bf, far cry. Yes. Sexual violence is bad, but teaching your kids to focus in on headshots is worse in my book.

Sorry, this still does not compare to glorified violence and simulated mass murder in fps aka cod, bf, far cry. Yes. Sexual violence is bad, but teaching your kids to focus in on headshots is worse in my book.
I'd rather teach my kids to stimulate murder in FPS then stimulate rape.

Doubtful. They are limiting quantities to one and requiring Paypal or Credit Card payment. They are also producing more than 1000 this time and doing separate North American and European stores.
Besides adding more qty this time, wasn't everything else supposed to have happened the first time around?

Got an email from NISA saying Atelier Shallie's LE is at less than 10% stock. Just a heads up if anyone wanted to order it.

Besides adding more qty this time, wasn't everything else supposed to have happened the first time around?
The quantity limit failed and many people ordered more than one from Amazon. People also were using Amazon credit to finance their purchases. You also had a lot of people outside of North America flooding in to try and purchase without success because they were told they could order last time only to be denied when they tried to check out. I suspect it still will be limited, but nowhere near as limited as the first one and I doubt preorders will sell out in a minute or so like the first time. My only concern is that their web store will not be robust enough to handle the rush at 6:00 PST without crashing.

Yes but every argument is either trying to take the moral high ground of "cencorship is wrong" or trying to say that since it's alright in Japan, it should be alright in the West. I get being pissed off its censored but Japanese erotic culture fly's in the face of a lot of western values.
See, I am the one that decides if those values are acceptable to me. Even if I find the censored content objectionable, its removal for the sake of my acceptance is still detestable. It is both my freedom and responsibility - as a functioning adult citizen - to seek things that I find enjoyable, and avoid those that I find objectionable.

How can this point of view be a "moral high ground" when censorship is the notion of strictly adhering to an established set of morals? (To the point of trying to remove the existence of objectionable material.) I respect that everyone has the ability to choose their own path of enlightenment - it is the opposite of taking a moral high ground.

Except that the Vita has shelf space at Target, Best Buy, and Walmart.

Sure, it feels like it's dead in the water at retail, but what you just posted is factually incorrect.
what you posted was non specific so you're not exactly doing any better. My target has vita games but the closest walmart and best buy does not.

As usual, there are two sides to every story, and you neither believe the Vita is dying, or you don't. The last time I saw all this negativity, I pasted the NeoGAF link where there are tons of games coming in 2015.

Here is another one showing how well it's doing in Japan:

http://kotaku.com/in-japan-the-vita-has-more-upcoming-games-than-any-oth-1678196355

Yes, Sony has treated the Vita very poor in the states, and the memory cards are about as dumb as they come, but I buy more games for the Vita than anything else. Just look at the GameFaqs release schedule for the next 5 months in the US compared to the 3DS. There's a night and day difference between the games being released.

I own the 3DS as well, and I always found that system to be great, and I'm very much looking forward to the N3DS, but over the cycle of both systems, the Vita has slowly started taking over on game releases, and where there may be 1-3 games for the 3DS I'm planning to buy in 2015(so far), I can't even keep track of all the Vita titles.

For me, I find the Vita to be the most solid purchase going in to the near year. The 3DS has done well, but "N" seems unable to fix the WiiU situation, and still produce for the 3DS. The PS4/ONE are both early tech, and I see no reason to buy either until some serious games arrive, or bigger price drops for both happen.

I've already filled one Hori "24" card case for my Vita, and I'm just about getting ready to fill number two(I've got 5 spaces left), so I guess I need to buy a 3rd "24" case. I've just finally filled my first 3DS "24" case, and I'll probably be lucky to fill another before the 3DS life cycle is done, based on the current 3DS climate.

So if your not seeing the "life" left in the Vita, oh well, I see plenty :D/
tldr you don't like 3ds games and are bias towards the vita.

as for the bolded there is a 4 game difference STOP THE PRESSES. Unless you are talking about the games specifically being different from each other I don't see the big deal. Also notice they share 2 games on that list. 3 counting quell memento which released on the vita as well.

It is both my freedom and responsibility - as a functioning adult citizen - to seek things that I find enjoyable, and avoid those that I find objectionable.
and its also your responsibility to adhere to the laws of the country you live in whether you find them agreeable or not.

Monster Girl Quest > The Last of Us
Last of Us is a very overrated game that people love cause of muh grafics and muh ellie.

Monster girl quest... It's too much to put int owords. The story, the characters and oh sweet lord that plot and backstory. I did not live until I played that game, it wasl ike playing Devil May Cry 3 or Persona 4 for the first time all over again... Just fantastic

i am probably going to trade my ps3, once i am done with current backlogs, or if there is a hard to resist trade in offer. i don't want to keep it till it dies, and not being able to recoup anything of it. i am not as hardcore of a gamer as some people on here, who still have a ps2 console, just so they can play their ps2 games.
I have every console/handheld I've ever owned, sans my Saturn and Dreamcast which I sold. Some like my PS1, PS2 and Gamecube are even still hooked up to a second CRT TV in my game room.

I have every console/handheld I've ever owned, sans my Saturn and Dreamcast which I sold. Some like my PS1, PS2 and Gamecube are even still hooked up to a second CRT TV in my game room.
after the introduction of led/plasma tvs. i cannot go back playing my games on a crt tv

Last of Us is a very overrated game that people love cause of muh grafics and muh ellie.

Monster girl quest... It's too much to put int owords. The story, the characters and oh sweet lord that plot and backstory. I did not live until I played that game, it wasl ike playing Devil May Cry 3 or Persona 4 for the first time all over again... Just fantastic
I loved it because you could literally fuck jelly.

I'd wager you haven't tried to play an 8 bit or 16 bit console on a newer tv then. It just looks wrong.
I'll never forget lego dad from xenogears.... Though I imagine it looked ugly no matter what year you played it in :p

Or those pixel flowers in ff13-3. Then there's that hideous dog eww.

I played persona 4 for the first time last year. ok game but hiimdaisy's comics were better. They should of just embraced the campyness like it did or to a latter extent the anime. mc's troll antics in that was great.

On the note of games I'm excited for this year nothing for me really. p5 I would be if there was anything to go on other than a teaser with the 5 main characters in it.

Where as toz I'd be excited for if it wasn't reusing some bad stuff I didn't like from the last games. Fixed party members, fusion/links and graces a artes are a deal breaker for me. Forcing slay as the on screen character was also a stupid decision that outside xillia 2 you were always able to pick who you wanted in the other games. That and taking so long to confirm the playable party members. They still haven't confirmed zabida and the damn game comes out this month in jpn. Other than the fugly looking dungeon textures that resembles ps1/n64 games Zestiria has high marks for me in its story, characters, music, boss fights, world design and including puzzles.

Works in my favor though as I have more than enough top tier rpgs in my backlog and I'm trying to stop buying so many games (unless they are on sale as I have no self control)

after the introduction of led/plasma tvs. i cannot go back playing my games on a crt tv
I have a CRT in my game room as well. Nothing like it for retro games, unless you have an awesome scaler and super low latency TV.. But then you're just pretending.

I have a PS2 with a screen... and an unused PS3 with a screen...

To be fair, almost any anime boob game (pretty much all there is in terms of legitimate Vita exclusives) would be more entertaining than TLOU.
But it's the Citizen Kane of gaming. A perfect 10/10 by every respected video game journalist in the industry. Winner of countless awards, and has such a deep and affecting story. It's not its fault that the game plays like a shittier version of any Uncharted game only with brain-dead AI and zero consequence for your CPU-controlled partners. It's the highest form of art, so it doesn't have to be a good game. It's this stupid misogynistic industry that's at fault for never being able to understand the brilliance of a zombie game with tired tropes and a groundbreaking portrayal of pure sexual identity. The Last of Us is a perfect game BECAUSE it's a terrible game. You're supposed to feel the dread of walking around the same three environments by making you hate to play any part with forced stealth, and the weight of your actions rings ultimately true when you're ambushed by a cutscene attack you can't avoid despite the fact you just killed every enemy in the area before it. I am lucky to be alive to witness a game bold enough to take so many of the same chances that countless of other people have taken before only to repackage them in a very shiny presentation just dull enough to herd praise and accolades.

The golden age of gaming is here, and all I can say is "GOTY"

That game better come to the U.S. I've been wanting to play a yugioh game on my vita for a long time
I wouldn't count on it getting an official release, but...

I imagine someone will translate at least the cards and menus, whether it be the same people who did Tag Force 6 or not. Being able to read the dialogue would be nice, of course, but it's nothing you can't live without.

I'd wager you haven't tried to play an 8 bit or 16 bit console on a newer tv then. It just looks wrong.
Not once you've modded all your retro systems to output RGB (or native RGB if supported), run the signals through SCART to a Framemeister, and layer on some scanlines. Looks much better than it did on CRTs because the RGB signal is far more vibrant with no bleed.

Info on SAO:

http://gematsu.com/2015/01/sword-art-online-lost-song-developed-artdink

Notably that Hollow Fragment sold 450k units worldwide, 70k of which were in NA. 200k units was stated as the threshold at which they'd make a sequel (not Lost Song,) so looks like a second game should be made. Hopefully one that will get a better translation.
Great! I just hope it's not based off the second half of the newest season. It was so boring once they stopped playing ggo.

Great! I just hope it's not based off the second half of the newest season. It was so boring once they stopped playing ggo.
I thought it was going to be really cool since it started off

with them exploring ALO and finding secret quests

but then it turned into

AIDS

WTF?

I thought it was going to be really cool since it started off

with them exploring ALO and finding secret quests

but then it turned into

AIDS

WTF?
No kidding, it went from an anime I liked watching, to an anime my wife likes watching.

Not once you've modded all your retro systems to output RGB (or native RGB if supported), run the signals through SCART to a Framemeister, and layer on some scanlines. Looks much better than it did on CRTs because the RGB signal is far more vibrant with no bleed.
Unless you have CRT's that support RGB... Because that's still a superior image quality. My PVM has better image quality than the framemeister puts out, and I'm not just being anti-upscaler. I have both a XRGB3 and a framemeister, neither one really touches the PVM, though they're infinitely better than non-RGB CRT's for sure.

Is Fairy Fencer any good? I've watched gameplay videos and read a few reviews, but would like to hear any personal experiences from the community here. This seems like a good price, as everywhere else I look is either sold out or selling for $40+.
It's an alright game. If you like the Hyperdimension Neptunia series, FFF is made by the same developers, and a lot of the musical score is done by Nobuo Uematsu of the Final Fantasy fame. You can beat the game in about 15-20 hours, and to 100% the game gets a little tedious with the quests, and getting all of the Fairies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back