Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Woah I was just about to get the vita version but it seems kind of hard to find and is expensive. Will definitely grab the pc version for $15. Time to sell some steam cards

ugh I'm so disappointed that alicia is practically a temp so far in zestira I read.  I expected her to be one but was hoping i would be wrong.

I'll likely do the same thing I always do with a NisA release anymore...

preorder the limited... put it sealed on the shelf, and then look at it a year later sighing as it's still sealed and I have no plans on playing it, but am ok with it since it doubled in value :/
I'm guilty of this as well. I'm really on a new philosphy that if I wont play it right away I wont buy it unless it's extremely cheap.

I'll probably wait for it to be even lower than $15 one day since I'd rather play it on Vita.

I'm definitely looking forward to this game getting modded to hell though.

I got my confirmation for Neptunia RB2. They're charging cards at 12PM pacific today (five hours from this post) and payment can only be changed until 9am pacific (two hours from now.) Aparently this is just for confirming order amounts and they will ship later.
I don't understand why they charge you if it doesn't ship until the 27th. Usually you wouldn't be charged until the order ships, at least that how other online stores function.

Also if anyone is looking for DanganRonpa 1 it's 29.99 again on Amazon.

I don't understand why they charge you if it doesn't ship until the 27th. Usually you wouldn't be charged until the order ships, at least that how other online stores function.

It's a small company. They manually process transactions and they can't process everything the day it ships. This is pretty standard practice for smaller companies handling their own payment processing and shipping and gives them time to then pack and label everything so it can actually all ship at once and on time. NIS does the same thing and it wasn't until just recently that they handed packaging and shipping off to an outside company.

Thanks for the heads up. Think I'm just going to go ahead and order it this time around.

Akiba's Trip and Tales of Hearts R are $30 now.

I'm over budget this month, so should I cancel my Re;Birth2 LE ($58) and buy those two games ($60) or keep it?

I played Neptunia mk2 in PS3 already and I just want the calendar item, wondering if it justify the $58 price tag seeing the preoder hasnt been out of stock since it was available.

I'm over budget this month, so should I cancel my Re;Birth2 LE ($58) and buy those two games ($60) or keep it?

I played Neptunia mk2 in PS3 already and I just want the calendar item, wondering if it justify the $58 price tag seeing the preoder hasnt been out of stock since it was available.
That's a hard one, but I can tell you Tales of Hearts R is a pretty fantastic game. It's one of the few Tales games that I played exclusively and all the way through until I finished. Haven't started Akiba's Trip, but most folks here recommend it.

I find Tales of Hearts R good...not great but good and same for Akiba's Strip...PS4 version played here. Both good but not great games....I don't think Rebirth 2 is great either though and likely will drop in price to at least $30 shortly after. Your choice but I doubt this LE will be that rare though I do believe it will rise slightly in price once everything is sold out.

I'm the opposite of Cloyd--I haven't played ToHR yet, but I played Akiba's Trip on Vita and enjoyed it very much. I think you'd probably get more enjoyment out of those two games vs. the single LE that you mainly just want for the calendar.

I'd prolly opt for the 2 games too. I haven't started Akiba's yet, but so far Tales is really good imo. If you only want the calendar maybe you can find someone selling it on ebay for 10-15 bucks by itself later? Or work something out with another CAG that maybe only wants the other goodies?

Haven't played Tales but Akiba's Trip on PS4 is a good game, lots of flaws, but enjoyable, and an easy platinum. It is also possibly the funniest game I've ever played. But it is extremely short though if you play through only one ending.

Mk2 probably doesn't justify the $58, and there is still some stock left, but I am pretty sure than a few months down the line the LE will be very rare, maybe not as rare as the other ones but eventually they will run out of stock just like the other LEs that never seem to run out of stock, Bioshock 2, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3.

Also, the other games will be on sale other times too, but the LE's price will almost always go up. If you really like the calendar, getting it now is the best as there are still months left to use it.

Haven't played Tales but Akiba's Trip on PS4 is a good game, lots of flaws, but enjoyable, and an easy platinum. It is also possibly the funniest game I've ever played. But it is extremely short though if you play through only one ending.

Mk2 probably doesn't justify the $58, and there is still some stock left, but I am pretty sure than a few months down the line the LE will be very rare, maybe not as rare as the other ones but eventually they will run out of stock just like the other LEs that never seem to run out of stock, Bioshock 2, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3.

Also, the other games will be on sale other times too, but the LE's price will almost always go up. If you really like the calendar, getting it now is the best as there are still months left to use it.
they may no go out of stock until it ships . They will just print up enough stuff to fill the preorders

Yep, cancelled my Neptunia 2 LE, not crazy about the bonus items, still available to order, I'll just wait for the base game to go on sale at this point. 

Thank you so much for the replies, everyone. I've decided to keep my Re;Birth2 preorder. Been wanting to play Akiba's Trip and Tales of Hearts R for a while so hopefully they're on sale again in the future, or even get better sales. That was a hard one!

Not sure if this has been mentioned alrdy, but Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker is up for pre order on best buy. GCU helps negate the atlus SMT tax atleast.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/shin-megami-tensei-devil-survivor-2-record-breaker-nintendo-3ds/2299558.p?id=1219556851049&skuId=2299558
thanks but i see gamestop and amazon come with a bonus soundtrack CD. Is this exclusive to them or does anyone know if this is just for the 1st print run? I want to get it at BB using GCU but only if the soundtrack comes with first print runs

thanks but i see gamestop and amazon come with a bonus soundtrack CD. Is this exclusive to them or does anyone know if this is just for the 1st print run? I want to get it at BB using GCU but only if the soundtrack comes with first print runs
It's all first print run copies, so BB will have it as well.

Any word on Best Buy having Devil Survivor in store? The flimsy outer box will be demolished in the padded envelope they'll send it in. Haha

Any word on Best Buy having Devil Survivor in store? The flimsy outer box will be demolished in the padded envelope they'll send it in. Haha
I hope they do. They haven't for Etrian Mystery Dungeon either yet. But Persona Q was. So I'm thinking it will a be a toss up.

This is CAG after all so 2 games are greater than one. :p

I say wait for the standard version of Rebirth to come down in price and grab the other two.

More DLC planned for Theatrhythm FF: Curtain Call...and "Liberi Fatali" is finally coming, along with a couple of TWEWY and Chrono Trigger tracks: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/20/world-ends-music-heads-theatrhythm-final-fantasy-curtain-call/

We're supposed to be getting them this week according to one of the comments.
Woot! Love Liberi Fatali. Might get some of the others too.

If Rebirth is $15 on steam, then when it goes on sale, I might just get it there and leave my LE sealed...

lol @ all the people that no longer want it cause it still hasn't sold out.

Woot! Love Liberi Fatali. Might get some of the others too.

If Rebirth is $15 on steam, then when it goes on sale, I might just get it there and leave my LE sealed...
It's $30, $15 for the first week.

I beat hearts r shortly after it came out.  Great battle system one of the best in the series.  But the story is pretty meh and honestly leaves you rooting for the villain and disappointed that they failed.  Character availability is pretty bad, the writing seems to have taken some liberties, some occasional grammatical errors and very static characters outside beryl.  Beryl made the game for me.  Also they took the boob jokes a bit too far this time not to mention the other ones...

Having only shing and hisui for too long was the biggest issue for me.  I was not happy with the rest of the party joining so late.  I can't imagine the drag for what the original version was like without gallando and charizard being playable.  

Even though I was one of the lucky thousand that got the LE and one of the handful that actually opened it, I'll probably picked up Rebirth 1 on STEAM just to have a HD version on hand and to support the game again.

I beat hearts r shortly after it came out. Great battle system one of the best in the series. But the story is pretty meh and honestly leaves you rooting for the villain and disappointed that they failed. Character availability is pretty bad, the writing seems to have taken some liberties, some occasional grammatical errors and very static characters outside beryl. Beryl made the game for me. Also they took the boob jokes a bit too far this time not to mention the other ones...

Having only shing and hisui for too long was the biggest issue for me. I was not happy with the rest of the party joining so late
So im guessing you'd proab rate it a 6-7 out of 10? Curiousss.

And for the hyperdimension i bought it on vita but never got a chance to play it now im not sure if i should play the steam version or whut.. Dang it. Atleast its sealed so maybe ill keep it sealed or just enjoy it on the vita, ugh idk

I liked played Hearts R. It was a good game. The battle system was very enjoyable. The levels were great. The story was ridiculous and boring. Its basically "we hate you, die" "oh you beat me, lets me best friends and ill help you fight" rinse, repeat. It got real old real fast.

I just like Neptunia because its quirky. The story is pretty stupid, but it makes me laugh. I like the battle system also.

I'd give it around a 7.5-8.5  Once you get to the battle tower and have 6 party members the game finally starts picking up.  The beginning is just really slow and long like xillias. shing is the only real melee option you have until the awesome kunzite and charizard join shortly after finishing part 1.  part 2 is really short but great. 

I definitely think character balance could of been better.  They tried to make melee mage hybrids with specific elemental typing and it just didn't work that well.  Beryl has full coverage and being pure mage typed stats she ends up as one of the best characters.  Innes is a great melee but she only has water coverage which hurts her since alot of late game enemies resist or aren't weak to it. shing and charizard have about half covered (light fire lightning) and the majority of enemies are weak to them.  So it seems more like the game is bias to those 3 and then hisui/kohaku bring up the rear with being healers and having some coverage.

So let's be honest, who ordered more than one copy of Re;birth 2 and, while we're being honest, how many? PURELY CURIOUS!

(As much as I wanted to talk someone into ordering another copy for me, alas, planning such a feat failed to develop past the stages of idea planning.)

Aside from the story I agree with the others about the battle system being pretty decent. It definitely wasn't the worst Tales game out there to me and had it's strong points in some areas.

Plus the fact that it was shorter than other Tales games helped as well as if it ended up being 60 hours many people might not be able to finish it with that kind of story >.<

Man, I don't know about you guys but Hearts R was an easy 4/10 in my book. It's the embodiment of generic.
Did you find this to be the worst Tales game made then? If not, I'm interested in hearing what gets even lower than 4/10 for the Tales games? (I read this again and it sounds rude, but its not meant to be >.< I am honestly curious lolol!)

Man, I don't know about you guys but Hearts R was an easy 4/10 in my book. It's the embodiment of generic.
I have only done 1 full playthru (on 2nd now) & I find it extremely hard to play it again. My problems with the game:

-World map: No running, bland

-Music: Forgettable

-Characters: Kor/Shing is an awful MC, very generic indeed. Gall, Wings, and Beryl are alright...Kunzy's design is bad though. Sort of mixed on Kohaku, don't like how the story focused on her really

So let's be honest, who ordered more than one copy of Re;birth 2 and, while we're being honest, how many? PURELY CURIOUS!

(As much as I wanted to talk someone into ordering another copy for me, alas, planning such a feat failed to develop past the stages of idea planning.)
Only 1. I had the chance to buy multiple LE's of Re;Birth 1 but didn't (would've gotten away with it too xD).

And for the hyperdimension i bought it on vita but never got a chance to play it now im not sure if i should play the steam version or whut.. Dang it. Atleast its sealed so maybe ill keep it sealed or just enjoy it on the vita, ugh idk
Since you have the Vita version sealed I would just get the Steam version. You'll get 1080P/60FPS & it's 14.99 versus whatever you paid for Re;Birth. However, if you care about trophies then I would suggest you keep the Vita version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back