Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
no right answer, still waiting for a reply from my phone and email i left from back in january when they started sending emails about their screw ups, their is a direct number with someone answering and not the voicemail crap number they give u on their site but i dont know where to find it, someone posts way back about it, might be your best bet
I have the direct number. Got it off an old invoice from a year ago or so. No one picks up there most of the time. Tried off and on all week with no luck. I HAVE gotten someone in the past but no luck this week. I guess i'll try a few more days nxt week and if i get no one try emailing. Sad whats happening to NISA. Between this and how they seem to keep censoring their releases theyre really fallinng out of favor with me

got mm 3ds LE game edition from bestbuy shipping. good packaging, but there is a little tear on from
umm.. ok how is zelda even remotely a Japanese niche game?

Some off-screen gameplay of HDV II. Out of all the transformation animations, I have to say Blanc's looked the coolest IMO.

If I was to rank them based on animation alone and not looks, it would be Blanc>Vert>Noire>Neptune

Skip to 44 seconds if you want to skip the initial dialogue just showing what command you use to tranform

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1MKbAgr1GM

Stupid USPS my Hyperdevotion Noire was scheduled to be delivered today, but not here! It'll probably be here Monday along with The Firefly Diaries. Oddly enough my FedEx smart post Walmart Amiibo that were supposed to get here Wednesday got delivered by USPS today.

I completely forgot that Hyperdevotion Noire comes out next week...

But unfortunately I have priority on Dragonball Xenoverse and RE Revelations 2, so Noire will have to wait Dx

I have the direct number. Got it off an old invoice from a year ago or so. No one picks up there most of the time. Tried off and on all week with no luck. I HAVE gotten someone in the past but no luck this week. I guess i'll try a few more days nxt week and if i get no one try emailing. Sad whats happening to NISA. Between this and how they seem to keep censoring their releases theyre really fallinng out of favor with me
I contacted NISA by phone on 2/13 and 2/20. Both times I called at about 6:00 EST and got a human right away. I spoke to Robert on both occasions and he was very nice and helpful. He even remembered me when I spoke to him the second time. Hopefully my situation is resolved and I don't have to call again. NISA customer service is pretty good, for me at least.

Just got my Noire from USPS (I'm in NY if anyone cares for shipping time). I don't think it was previously mentioned, but if anyone was curious, it's in the same size box as the Rebirth 2 LE. Puffy edges and all.

I contacted NISA by phone on 2/13 and 2/20. Both times I called at about 6:00 EST and got a human right away. I spoke to Robert on both occasions and he was very nice and helpful. He even remembered me when I spoke to him the second time. Hopefully my situation is resolved and I don't have to call again. NISA customer service is pretty good, for me at least.
Same with me. I've never had trouble with calling them. Not sure what number you're using, but I always call (714) 540-1122. I usually call around 3 pm PST and have no trouble getting anyone to answer.

Got my Hyperdevotion today...

TULY6Pc.jpg

I emailed to try to get an exchange.  From their webpage it looks like they have a process for it so I have high hopes.

I had hotl#niq preordered, got an email about needing to do manual payment. I completely forgot about it until I saw this thread, but I haven't seen a shipment notice or anything. My order doesn't show on the website. I guess I have to call in on Monday...

Has anyone been able to pay NISA for their HTOL#NIQ LE pre-order from the whole PayPal express checkout ordeal? 

I tried paying for it my sending payment but when I try that, I get an error. I emailed them but haven't heard back yet. My order still says processing but no updates, obvious. 

Has anyone been able to pay NISA for their HTOL#NIQ LE pre-order from the whole PayPal express checkout ordeal?

I tried paying for it my sending payment but when I try that, I get an error. I emailed them but haven't heard back yet. My order still says processing but no updates, obvious.
I called them and they created a new Paypal order for me. I was able to pay it easily after that.

I emailed them about it and they got back to me pretty quickly. They wanted me to just give them all my credit info directly through email. I thought that was pretty funny, and told them so, so they offered to send a PayPal invoice instead.

I had to call NISA to have them retry the payment.  This happened to me with Criminal Girls too.  I asked the guy if he knew what was going on, and he said he wasn't sure but it is something with the new site's billing system.  He said it was only affecting a small handful of people, but he recognized a lot of them to be the same from Criminal Girls.  I'm hoping whatever the issue is they fix it... I don't want to have to call every order.

My HD Noire came in today too.  I only played for an hour or so, and that was mostly text bits.  I'm enjoying it so far but I'm biased because I like the HD series and srpgs a lot, and don't mind it being so text heavy. 

I got an email telling me to resubmit the payment through Paypal, I did that, and I got a confirmation email back within 24 hours saying the resubmission was successful.

They charged me on Paypal and sent me back a reply on  2/19  saying that my order had been charged and was just waiting for shipment, but my HTOL#NIQ LE still hasn't shipped yet. Hoping they send it out on Monday, not in a rush for it so I don't mind if it doesn't make it there by release date.

They charged me on Paypal and sent me back a reply on 2/19 saying that my order had been charged and was just waiting for shipment, but my HTOL#NIQ LE still hasn't shipped yet. Hoping they send it out on Monday, not in a rush for it so I don't mind if it doesn't make it there by release date.
They're distribution center is located near me, I usually get packages from them 3 or 4 days before release. You'll prolly have a longer wait than expected because Texas is getting a couple of inches of ice so the entire state is shut down

They're distribution center is located near me, I usually get packages from them 3 or 4 days before release. You'll prolly have a longer wait than expected because Texas is getting a couple of inches of ice so the entire state is shut down
I swear, it rains in Texas and people drive 10MPH slower. I'm in NE Texas and we're supposed to have freezing rain, and sleet/snow all morning/day. Good luck on any deliveries then.

reading some these comments about NISA htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary pre-orders got me a little worried.

I never ordered from NISA Before and made a account over the weekend and ordered late friday night the LE using my paypal mastercard debit card. It errored out at the end i think but it did charge my card but i never got a confirmation email and still havent but the order does appear in my order history so am i ok or not? the status is still processing in order history. 

i just figured since it shows in my order history that i was fine but now im wondering if i was wrong. 

reading some these comments about NISA htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary pre-orders got me a little worried.

I never ordered from NISA Before and made a account over the weekend and ordered late friday night the LE using my paypal mastercard debit card. It errored out at the end i think but it did charge my card but i never got a confirmation email and still havent but the order does appear in my order history so am i ok or not? the status is still processing in order history.

i just figured since it shows in my order history that i was fine but now im wondering if i was wrong.
NISA has been 10 levels of messed up ever since they went to a different billing system. The best thing you can do is call and email them to make sure the order either did or did not go through. I ordered Criminal Girls LE through them and got the initial "Order has been placed," message, but never got an email and it didn't show up in my account info. Finally after a few days, they replied to me with the information needed. IE - tracking. It took a few days before it hit my checking account. Of course, I used a debit card.

NISA has been 10 levels of messed up ever since they went to a different billing system. The best thing you can do is call and email them to make sure the order either did or did not go through. I ordered Criminal Girls LE through them and got the initial "Order has been placed," message, but never got an email and it didn't show up in my account info. Finally after a few days, they replied to me with the information needed. IE - tracking. It took a few days before it hit my checking account. Of course, I used a debit card.
+1 I personally havent had any billing issues yet other than when the site first changed over, just logging in and getting an order placed =P But a lot of people have been having problems. Plus their customer service and shipping aren't nearly as good as they used to be

I normally only preorder at NISA, so I always use a credit card Vs. Paypal, as normally the funds are taken right away with PP, and I don't like giving funds to companies to hold over long periods. I've yet to have any CC issues going this route, but I have seen all the issues they seem to be having lately.

Remember that htoL doesn't actually get released until tomorrow.  If you don't get a shipping confirmation or anything by Thursday, then I'd be more concerned. 

It is a drag though on limited time things like this (and another one that I won't bring back up) because you don't want a company's inability to process your order to prevent you from getting a copy.

The good thing about NISA is that they always have extra stock for damages and processing issues, so even though they are SOLD OUT, I haven't seen a big issue from customers saying they weren't able to get there LE at some point.

When Amazon, BB, or GS have issues with LE items, your pretty much screwed, as once they are sold out, that is all they had. So NISA and some of these other smaller producers seem to be more fan friendly for sure.

[media]https://youtube.com/watch?v=-Dc4BARsFMQ[/media]

New Persona 4 Dancing All Night Promo with Rise

I normally only preorder at NISA, so I always use a credit card Vs. Paypal, as normally the funds are taken right away with PP, and I don't like giving funds to companies to hold over long periods. I've yet to have any CC issues going this route, but I have seen all the issues they seem to be having lately.
I think NISA has it set up so PayPal only authorizes. They're one of the few retailers that does. But if using CC is working fine for you, no real reason to test the waters anyway.

I approve P4DAN Rise....cute outfit. I'm surprised the game looks like it has a story line....I was expecting more like an opening video with a general explanation for everything (kind of the like the Project Diva games) and that's it. 

I just got my CE of htoL in today, along with the Big Hero 6 Steelbook. Noire came in on Saturday:

bUF0ssZ.png

Sorry for the big pic. I'm not sure how to make it smaller. ; ;

That's not a Chie or Naoto trailer... Damn I can't wait to see how reluctant Naoto is to dance
The 50 second mark? Doesn't look very reluctant to me.

I just got my CE of htoL in today, along with the Big Hero 6 Steelbook. Noire came in on Saturday:
My Noire came in Saturday too. It has a big hole in the shrink wrap on the front, about the size of a packet of ketchup. Doesn't look like a rip, just a bad shrink job.

Was about to post this.

The big highlight for me is RORONA PLUS, finally on sale, and for a less than I was willing to pay.

Rorona Plus, Totori Plus, and Meruru Plus are all going to be $15.99 for PS+.

Project Diva f 2nd will be $20 (meh).

Re;birth 1 $16 (meh).

Monster Monpiece $12 (meh).

Sword Art Online $16 (meh).

Tales of Hearts R $20 (tempted).

Virtue's Last Reward $7.50 (really glad I procrastinated and didn't buy it this week)

My question went unanswered in the PSN thread - so I figured I'd ask in here too:
Is the PS4 region free and can I earn trophies on imported games as normal? Thanks in advance.
(I want to import a game from the UK shop, Zavvi.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back