Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Agreed. Easily NIS's worst game. Although Last Rebellion is a close second.[/QUOTE]

no way, Last Rebellion is way worse

I wish the PSN Record of Agarest War would drop. Traded my 360 version back in, in favor of the PS3 version. No particular reason, just been playing my PS3 more lately.

Anyone know if Aksys/PlayStation ever had a previous sale on this one - or any sales on codes for it?

It had a price drop to what it is currently, but that's it. I wish they would put it on sale too. I have the PAL CE version, but it has no trophies, so I would rather buy it again on US PSN and play it that way.

I doubt it's really selling all that many at this point. Might as well drop this to $9.99 - I bet it would get a nice uptick in purchases after that.

Any clue when that drop was? Trying to figure out if it's likely we'll get another soon.

I was also hoping for a PS Plus discount on it - I'd even pay 50% off. $15 would be totally fine for that game. Just, with Zero and then this one, it's a lot to spend.

Also, just got this e-mail from Atlus, noting PSP game Price Drops on PSN:

Persona - 19.99
Persona 2 - 29.99
Persona 3 - 19.99

Riviera: The Promised Land - 9.99
Yggdra Union - 9.99
Knights In The Nightmare - 14.99

Hexyz Force - 14.99
Kenka Bancho Badass Rumble - 14.99
Crimson Gem Saga - 14.99
Class of Heroes - 14.99

Getting there... Now need a 25% off sale on them >.<

Also, damn Square and Namco with the flooding of Tales/XIII-2 DLC, shit is so numerous and expensive. They need to release a "complete" edition with all DLC included; rather rebuy that then pay what they're asking for.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Getting there... Now need a 25% off sale on them >.<

Also, damn Square and Namco with the flooding of Tales/XIII-2 DLC, shit is so numerous and expensive. They need to release a "complete" edition with all DLC included; rather rebuy that then pay what they're asking for.[/QUOTE]

Agreed - if they cut a deal on the bundle, I'd consider biting.

Their are quite a few good jrpgs in amazons b2g1 free sale. I personally picked up radiant historia, shin megami devil survivor 2, and white knight chronicles 2 for about 64 total. I also remember seeing tales of the abyss as part of the deal.

[quote name='ryanelittlefield']Also, just got this e-mail from Atlus, noting PSP game Price Drops on PSN:

Persona - 19.99
Persona 2 - 29.99
Persona 3 - 19.99

Riviera: The Promised Land - 9.99
Yggdra Union - 9.99
Knights In The Nightmare - 14.99

Hexyz Force - 14.99
Kenka Bancho Badass Rumble - 14.99
Crimson Gem Saga - 14.99
Class of Heroes - 14.99[/QUOTE]

Ok, so if I was to get any of these (or more specifically one of the Personas) which should I get?

[quote name='WormFOODx']Ok, so if I was to get any of these (or more specifically one of the Personas) which should I get?[/QUOTE]

Persona 3
Hexyz Force
Riviera

Persona 3 is quite different than Persona 1/2 in that it's much better. Hexyz Force is a relatively standard RPG, but it's much better than the other standard offering there -- Crimson Gem Saga. Riviera is a little different; you'll probably wanna play it with a guide. However, it's still quite fun.

Overall, those are the three I'd recommend to you. Make sure you catch clips of Riviera/Hexyz before you bite on them. Persona 3 is universally loved, so you can just go ahead and blind buy that.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Ok, so if I was to get any of these (or more specifically one of the Personas) which should I get?[/QUOTE]
Definitely P3 if you're only going to grab one of them

P1 and P2 are a completely different style of game and you may not enjoy them depending on how well you handle aged battle/dungeon mechanics

Yeah, bought Riveria at that price since I hadn't played it yet. All that leaves me for niche RPG's is class of heroes and Cladun 2. The former of which I won't be playing based on reviews and ratings.

Did anyone have Dragon's Crown pre-ordered at Amazon?

I had the PS3 version for $29.99 pre-ordered, but I just got an email saying it was cancelled:

We're writing to let you know the items listed below will not be released by the supplier on the expected date. As a result, we cancelled them from your order and your credit card wasn't charged.

Dragon's Crown

We're sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment this may have caused.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Probably due to the pricing they had? They had both PS3/Vita for that price.

[quote name='barrit']Did anyone have Dragon's Crown pre-ordered at Amazon?

I had the PS3 version for $29.99 pre-ordered, but I just got an email saying it was cancelled:

Probably due to the pricing they had? They had both PS3/Vita for that price.[/QUOTE]

I just got the same email. I really don't think the game will be out on time either or maybe they scrapped the ps3 version. I checked out the website for it and it looks pretty bare. I used a GC, so hopefully that will be back in my account.

[quote name='whitereflection']Aw, crap. I forgot to preorder it and now they might be raising the price for it?

Did Amazon give you anything as way of compensation for canceling?[/QUOTE]

nope.

[quote name='whitereflection']Aw, crap. I forgot to preorder it and now they might be raising the price for it?

Did Amazon give you anything as way of compensation for canceling?[/QUOTE]

No, I'm saving the email though. I still have both versions on my wishlist, but they say "Currently Unavailable". I figure if they bring them back at a higher price, I'll contact them and see if they will honor the previous price since I was willing to wait til whatever release date.

Sucks about Dragon's Crown. I hope Amazon doesn't list it later at a higher price. They kept Monado listed for an incredibly long time, so I'm wondering what's the real story behind this.

[quote name='keine']Sucks about Dragon's Crown. I hope Amazon doesn't list it later at a higher price. They kept Monado listed for an incredibly long time, so I'm wondering what's the real story behind this.[/QUOTE]

I expect Amazon to list it with the higher price. They have done this for a few games already.

I pledged $59. At least enough to secure my copy of the Deluxe stuff. I think they'll probably reach their goal though. Funny how things come together in the last few days of Kickstarter projects.

Loved working Designs, still have my copy of Lunar 1 and 2 in their premium boxes for PS1, and the Growlanser Generations LE Sealed for PS2.

Miss them, so this is definitely a good cause.

[quote name='elessar123']It's a dating sim aimed at girls. If the premise still intrigues you, it if supposed to be a good one in the genre.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was intrigued by this game at first too with the samurai guy on the cover and the 3rd image on the amazon listing that shows a group of samurai wearing a shinsengumi-looking haori. I'm a sucker for anything bakumatsu-related. But then after reading what it was I was kinda disappointed. Surprised they're trying to sell such a game in America.

I loved WD back in the day, but I don't want Class of Heroes 2... If they opened their localization to a fan vote, I'd throw money down.

Also, I'd want the physical collectible stuff but eff the UMD. Give me a digital copy of the game -.-

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I loved WD back in the day, but I don't want Class of Heroes 2... If they opened their localization to a fan vote, I'd throw money down.

Also, I'd want the physical collectible stuff but eff the UMD. Give me a digital copy of the game -.-[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree about the digital vs physical copy of the game, but I feel like putting together this whole incredibly insane deluxe package for the $59+ contributors would be cheapened by a digital download. If they offered a digital copy to accompany it though, that would be cooler, and would also help to spread the word to friends, I think.

[quote name='ryanelittlefield']I think they'll probably reach their goal though.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it, but I certainly hope they reach their goal.

[quote name='keine']I doubt it, but I certainly hope they reach their goal.[/QUOTE]

Only 10205 people need to pay the $59 to reach $500k, so it's very possible (assuming they're not counting the $10 shipping, 8475 if they do).

I'm actually really tempted for the $500 pledge, but I don't think I'll do it. If it was Infinite Space 2, Etrian Odyssey IV, or Bayonetta 2, I'd probably do it.

[quote name='elessar123']Only 10205 people need to pay the $59 to reach $500k, so it's very possible (assuming they're not counting the $10 shipping, 8475 if they do).[/QUOTE]

Sounds feasible. We shall see.

In for the $59 pledge. I too was a huge WD fan. I have my WD collection nearly complete.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Also, I'd want the physical collectible stuff but eff the UMD. Give me a digital copy of the game -.-[/QUOTE]

Heh, I'm the exact opposite. If it was a digital copy of the game I would have skipped it all together.

[quote name='scott_matthews']
Heh, I'm the exact opposite. If it was a digital copy of the game I would have skipped it all together.[/QUOTE]

I'll sit this one out.. i've done several of these kickstarters. Time to see if any of these pan out first. And I'm a big fan of physical copy games. Digital copies can not be shared with friends/family, eff that. If the digital copies of the games cost 1/2 - 1/3 of physical copies.. I'd think about it.

[quote name='janesvilleninja']so does 59 get me a UMD copy ?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, $59 gets you the deluxe UMD copy as long as they actually meet their goal...

I went for $59. Seems worth it if it's anything like the old WD deluxe editions.

"Starting at the $59 ($49 for the Deluxe Pack w/$10 shipping) level, you will get one of these Limited Edition Deluxe Packs and some sweet swag perks for supporting this effort. In fact, more swag than we’ve ever done for one game - more swag than any other console game I know of. This is epic stuff."

Sounds legit enough to me.

Me, too. I can't believe this sort of game made it here, and countless other Jrpgs don't. I have the game, but couldn't get past the 1st 30 minutes.

[quote name='roymustang']Yeah I was intrigued by this game at first too with the samurai guy on the cover and the 3rd image on the amazon listing that shows a group of samurai wearing a shinsengumi-looking haori. I'm a sucker for anything bakumatsu-related. But then after reading what it was I was kinda disappointed. Surprised they're trying to sell such a game in America.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back