Japanese Video Game Figure Thread

lilman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
This thread is dedicated to Japanese produced video game figures. In the past, Japanese figures were mostly used for manga and anime characters, but lately they have started making figures from video game franchises. This is more of an awareness announcement than a deal thread since figures can easily sell out long before they are available and the second hand market can be crazy expensive. Pre-ordering is usually the cheapest way to get a popular figure.

Released Figures:

To give you an idea of what Japanese figures look like, the following are some that have been released over the years:

Majora's Mask Link Nendoroid (April 21, 2016):
cB1FifX.jpg

Kirby Nendoroid (January 27, 2016):
ud0Oq0h.jpg

Rockman Nendoroid (January 14, 2016):
7KVFZ4K.jpg

Metal Gear Solid Snake Nendoroid (January 21, 2015):
Cu9jSHm.jpg

Luigi Nendoroid (June 24, 2014):
MUcku2k.jpg

Samus Varia Suit Figma (October 27, 2014) (re-release):
CVRU4tK.jpg

Wind Waker Link Nendoroid (June 2015) (re-release):
J8LMIup.jpg

Sonic Nendoroid (October 8, 2013) (re-release):
mc7o15.jpg

Skyward Sword Link Figma (September 2015) (re-release):
2ymehx1.jpg

Shizue (Isabelle) Nendoroid (April 2016) (re-release):
Mr7WyAS.jpg

Marth Nendoroid (May 10, 2016):
5vFuwLa.jpg

Zero Suit Samus (May 2016) (re-release) (exclusive):
NbL16GM.jpg

A Link Between Worlds Link Figma (August 2016):
SQ9YprG.jpg

DX ver includes additional accessories: hookshot, bomb, tornado rod, clay pot, rupee, baby Maiamai

Figma Fire Emblem Awakening Lucina (August 2016) (re-release):
cdL4RAu.jpg

Wind Waker Zelda Nendoroid (October 2016):
DQXupxZ.jpg

GSC 1/7 Skyward Sword Link (November 2016) (exclusive):
nHhJ8VW.jpg

Figma Zero Suit Samus (December 2016):

iVukTJr.jpg

Breath of the Wild Link Nendoroid DX Edition (June 2017):

2s69e1g.jpg

Pit Figma (April 27, 2013):

lq9Ox.jpg

Dark Pit Figma (April 27, 2013):
fBALb.jpg

Kongiku (May 8, 2013):
6mPGP.jpg

Momohime (January 18, 2013):

bTkVzCN.jpg

About Japanese Figures:

Scale figures, like Zero Suit Samus, are statues made of ABS and PVC. Scale are bigger than Figma, more detailed, and again for display rather than play. Scale figures are not posable and may not come with accessories or alternate facial expressions.

Figma is like an action figure but higher quality. Figma are very posable and come with accessories, alternate faces, and alternate hands to recreate poses from the source material (as well as make up your own scenarios). Check out all the different display poses they show off in pics. While they are designed with posability in mind, these are still meant for display rather than play. These aren't like action figures you would give a kid. Many Figma parts are compatible with other Figmas, allowing you to create interesting combinations of outfits and expressions.

Nendoroid are cutesy interpretations of characters. Each is about 4" tall and, like Figma, usually comes with various faces/hands/accessories to reproduce poses/scenes from the source material. Also like Figma, many Nendo parts are compatible with other Nendos. Faces, hair, hands, and outfits can often be swapped between characters.

Real Action Heroes (RAH) are like a blend of scale figure, Figma, and doll. They are still made of ABS and PVC, but the clothes are made of fabric, giving them a more realistic look. RAH are posable like Figma and typically include accessories and alternate faces. They are bigger than your average scale figure and very high quality. Accordingly, they are also exceedingly expensive.

Shipping:

Don't forget about shipping cost. SAL small packet registered should cost $10-20 and takes about 2-3 weeks to reach me in Florida. SAL may also be available unregistered for 410 JPY less, but you lose tracking and insurance (so if your package goes missing, you are sol). EMS is the best shipping and only takes about 2 days to arrive but is considerably more expensive. There is also SAL Parcel, but it is worth spending a little extra for EMS. You may have to use EMS if your item is too big to fit in a SAL box. I always use SAL registered when I can. If you pre-order multiple figures, you can combine shipping if they come out in the same month (assuming no delays) and save some money.

Shipping cost is based on weight. If you are ordering multiple figures at once, it is cheaper to request two SAL shipments than one EMS. It is also cheaper to combine items than do separate shipments for each. From my experience, 3-4 Nendoroid/Figma will fit in a single SAL box. A scale figure may fit with 1-2 Nendoroid/Figma boxes, depending on the scale and size of figure box used. Some figures come in larger boxes than expected. There is no way to know how large/heavy your figure will be before ordering. Some stores may offer an estimate at time of order or indicate that an item should be compatible with SAL.

SAL unregistered (no tracking or insurance) does not require a signature upon delivery. All other shipping methods do, so try to be home on delivery day. If you miss the delivery, you can stop by your local post office for pickup starting the next day.

Payment:

For most Japanese shops, you don't pay until the figure(s) is ready to ship. The exceptions are some limited edition items (which you'll have to pay for in full at time of purchase, including shipping) and certain stores that require a % deposit. Payment is best done through PayPal.

The current exchange rate can be viewed in PayPal -> Profile -> My Money -> Currencies (disclosure arrow of PayPal balance). The PP rate is always a little more expensive than the current rate since they charge a fee for the exchange (I believe 2.5%, the rate you see is already calculated with that fee). You can also opt to pay directly from your PP tied bank account or cc when checking out with PP.. You will have to check your bank and cc websites for their rate info, including whatever % fee they use for the exchange. Best case scenario would be to use a credit card that doesn't charge foreign transaction fees.

You will usually receive an invoice the day after an item is released. Shipping usually occurs the day after payment is sent, depending on the store.

Japanese Shops I've Used and Recommend:

AmiAmi: http://www.amiami.com/
My favorite store. Among the best prices. Easily combine orders by month. Amazing pre-owned section. Shipping is usually a little more than other stores since they use lots of packing materials.

Hobby Link Japan: http://www.hlj.com/
My second favorite store. Usually a bit more expensive than the store listed here. In exchange for higher prices, you can cancel orders at any time. Private warehouse feature lets you hold items for up to 60 days to combine shipping, though you still pay for the figure at time of release. Excellent customer service.

Hobby Search: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/
Can combine orders of the same month but not as nicely as AmiAmi. Can cancel a pre-order within the first week of placing.

Big in Japan: http://biginjap.com/
Prices usually a little lower than the rest. Good selection of prize figures. Can pay for pre-orders upfront. Can combine orders by month if you send them a message through your order history page. Can act as proxy or forwarder. Not good at responding to emails, so I don't use them now as much as I used to.

Tokyo Otaku Mode: http://otakumode.com/
Charges in USD $, pay upfront at time of placing order. Regularly offers coupons and bonus point campaigns. Has a Premium membership that is well worth getting since it pays for itself ($15 for 3 months gives you $16.50 in points), 5% off everything, slightly cheaper shipping, and better coupons. You get $5 in points when you register your account, plus another $5 if you signup through a referral link (referrer also gets $5), making your first order $10 off. Excellent customer service.

Amazon Japan: https://www.amazon.co.jp/

Thanks to their Global program, many of their figures are now eligible to be shipped directly to your house rather than having to go through a proxy/forwarder. This is only available on figures fulfilled by Amazon, including those sold by third-party and fulfilled by Amazon. Not all Amazon fulfilled items are eligible for Global shipping. Shipping cost is very good (around RSAL cost) and very fast (3-6 days). Japanese consumption tax (8%) is removed from the advertised price at checkout.

Plamoya: http://www.plamoya.com
Check for sales, otherwise usually overpriced.

Secondhand Japanese Shops I've Used and Recommend:

I buy a lot secondhand. The items are usually in great condition and, for most of my orders, have never been opened before. This lets me get figures I missed out on before I started collecting or couldn't budget at time of release.

AmiAmi Pre-owned: http://www.amiami.com/top/page/c/preowned.html
My favorite store for secondhand figures thanks to a daily updated selection, cheap shipping options, and combining pre-owned items with my pre-orders for that month. Items are rated by separate figure and box conditions. "A" condition means it looks brand new, "B" means there is some normal ware but should still be good, "C" or lower you should probably avoid (at least for figure condition, I personally don't care too much about secondhand box condition). Pricing is hit or miss, but usually good compared to other stores. Their selection is good and updated daily (except Sundays). Stock status is accurate when ordering.

Mandarake: http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/
Excellent source for secondhand figures. Mandarake is a web front for a collection of B&M hobby stores in Japan. Their selection is huge, pricing is great, and new items are added daily. Many of their secondhand items have never been opened. The condition is commonly something like "not opened/box damaged" which translates to it will look brand new when you get it :3 Each order can only be from a single store since it will be shipping from that one location. Because these are B&M stores, an item you ordered may sell out that same day in store (this has happened to me a few times). In that case, the item is removed from your order, or if your order is just one item, the order is cancelled. You can check boxes for "cancel order if this item is oos". You'll receive an email the following day with the items they were able to secure (hopefully everything in your order), the total including shipping, and a link to payment.

Suruga-ya: http://www.suruga-ya.jp/
Warning: Suruga-ya is in Japanese and requires a proxy or forwarder to get your items (see below for details).
Huge selection and low prices. Sales on items can randomly start at any time. Adding more items to your cart can give you a % discount. Stock system is accurate, at least from my experiences. As the website is only available in Japanese, use MFC to find the Japanese name of the character you are interested in so that you can perform a search.

Recommended US Shops:

Big Bad Toy Store (BBTS): http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/ (allows cancellations, no money down required on pre-orders, warehouse feature, $4 shipping)
Crunchyroll: http://www.crunchyroll.com/store/ (check for weekly deals, free shipping at $75)
Tokyo Otaku Mode (TOM): http://www.otakumode.com/ (I also count them as a US shop since some of their items are fulfilled by US warehouse, free shipping at $150)
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/ (occasionally has some figures at good prices)

My Figure Collection:

MFC is an amazing (and free) community of figure collectors. It has info on all Japanese figures including release dates, pics, user ratings, reviews, etc. If you are interested in Japanese figure collecting, I highly recommend joining to keep track of your collection and follow the latest news on upcoming releases. Here's my MFC profile as an example: http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/Cantisama

CAG has an MFC club that you can join here: http://myfigurecollection.net/club/1219

Proxy and Forwarding:

There are two services when buying an item that cannot be shipped directly to your country, a proxy and a forwarder. A proxy is a business or person located in the host country (Japan in our case) that places an order on your behalf and then ships it to you.

With a forwarder, you are the one who places the order. You set the shipping address to that of the forwarder who is located in the host country. The forwarder then ships the package to you upon receipt.

Forwarding is typically cheaper than using a proxy since a proxy will charge a % fee based on order total that includes the cost of the item(s). Since with forwarding you are the one paying for the items directly, any % fee is only applied to the cost of shipping + a small forwarding fee. Using a proxy can be easier though since you don't have to place the order yourself on a website that may be only available in a foreign language.

There are many proxy and forwarding service providers. For Nendo Red from Amazon.co.jp, I used Big in Japan as a forwarder and the transaction went perfectly. Fees were also very reasonable.

My first proxy experience: http://myfigurecollection.net/blog/15573
My first forwarding experience: http://myfigurecollection.net/blog/16415

Sites offering proxy and/or forwarding services:
Big in Japan (proxy + forward): http://www.biginjap.com
dv8cag (proxy + forward): http://dv8cag.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Last day of TOM Super Sale. They had a cool daily deal the other day where Nendo Wind Waker Zelda for $45 gave $41 in points, lol.

TOM sent me a premium member birthday coupon for 10% off an order. I don't remember them doing this before, or maybe I wasn't premium last December. The coupon is issued at the beginning of your birthday month and has a three month expiration (so my December coupon is good until the end of February). TOM has also added access to a Sega online crane game where premium members get a free try per day. TOM really knows how to do premium right >_>)b

Hobby Search 20x points campaign has started. Get 20% back in points on all in-stock purchases. Lasts until Dec 8, 9am EST.

Tokyo Otaku Mode: Winter Clearance 2019. New items will be added daily and remain on sale until the end date, which is Dec. 26 @ 11:59 PST. Time to spend those bonus points from the Super Sale, I guess ;P

Also, a reminder that Right Stuf's year-end sales are going on, they add new stuff to the pile every week, and that includes figures and figure bundles in addition to anime, manga, artbooks, etc. The next big update should be tomorrow (Sunday).

Did anyone get anything good from these sales? Only thing I picked up was the Aranea PAK for $100 from the SE store.

The Sega Crane game works pretty well. There is lag, but it's an overall improvement from the other one. Plus most, if not all the prizes are at 200 SP, so you can actually play the game with your daily log in. 

I just won a FGO Osakabehime figure.

Did anyone get anything good from these sales? Only thing I picked up was the Aranea PAK for $100 from the SE store.
I didn't pick up anything due to spending so much on video games (and figure pre-orders that came due). There were some nice deals though that I wish I could have jumped on.

The Sega Crane game works pretty well. There is lag, but it's an overall improvement from the other one. Plus most, if not all the prizes are at 200 SP, so you can actually play the game with your daily log in.

Nice win! My lag with the Sega Crane is similar to Akiba Catcher; I hold a button, let go when the timing in my head feels right, and then watch the crane move several seconds later. At least the Sega prizes are decent. Akiba Catcher started out with anime related goods like Re:Zero and Fate, but for a long time now it's just been random animal plushies that I win for the fun of winning and then give away to a kid.

-Update-

Got my first win on the Sega Crane, a Bang Dream mini cushion strap. The lag was so bad that the congratulations message popped up before I saw the second crane movement begin, lol.

-Update 2-

Won the same FGO Osakabehime figure you got. Again the congrats message pops up before I see the second crane movement... spoiler alert :p

My best pickup wasn't a figure, it was the Devil May Cry 5 artbook from HLJ for 30% off. I also got their cat and Kirby-themed lucky bags during Black Friday Early Access (they sold out not long after) and later picked up a kawaii-themed one. I usually don't go for lucky bags, but I liked the themes of these. Oh, and I also got a few other Kirby items, because I can't get enough of Kirby :razz:

With TOM's points deal, I mainly picked up prize figures and some other things I'd been wanting to order anyway, though I did also get S.H.Figuarts Sora (Final Form) when he went up as a daily special, with 50% points back. He already arrived and is pretty nice.

Congrats ^^ I agree with you in that the Sega crane games are better, though I sometimes run into an issue where one of the buttons doesn't respond much at all (a malfunctioning machine on their end?). It's great that I can play every day with TOM Premium as well, and that there's even a free practice mode.

Oh snap, thanks @lilman!  I've been looking for Sombra for cheap and I got McCree while I was at it.  I think I've only paid full price for like 2 of those Nendos and I have all of them that are out, now.

My first order from GSC US Shop has shipped. Some useful info learned:

1) Payments to GSC US Shop do not count as foreign transactions like they do at GSC JP (even payments in USD to GSC JP count as foreign transactions). While I have a card with no foreign transaction fees, it's nice to be able to use other cards and not worry about a fee.

2) Order shipped from Japan via EMS. I thought GSC may have wanted to use cheaper domestic shipping when they opened the US shop, but since the release dates on the US shop are the same as Japan's, it makes sense that they wouldn't have time to ship to a US warehouse first. This is great for us since EMS is really fast and all pre-orders from GSC US have free shipping.

So good experience so far with GSC US ^^

-Update-

Correction to point 2 above. GSC US will ship from Japan or US. I ordered two Nendos with the same release date of 12/19. One I got shipping notification for from Japan via EMS and should arrive tomorrow, while the other I did not receive shipping notification for and it arrived today shipped from California via USPS 2-day. Either way, the figures ship on their Japan release dates and arrive quickly.

My first order from GSC US Shop has shipped. Some useful info learned:
1) Payments to GSC US Shop do not count as foreign transactions like they do at GSC JP (even payments in USD to GSC JP count as foreign transactions). While I have a card with no foreign transaction fees, it's nice to be able to use other cards and not worry about a fee.
2) Order shipped from Japan via EMS. I thought GSC may have wanted to use cheaper domestic shipping when they opened the US shop, but since the release dates on the US shop are the same as Japan's, it makes sense that they wouldn't have time to ship to a US warehouse first. This is great for us since EMS is really fast and all pre-orders from GSC US have free shipping.

So good experience so far with GSC US ^^
Yeah, they shipped my Alex Louis Armstrong figures a little while ago and I was pretty happy with the whole experience. Definitely going to use them again (as a recent Touhou convert, I'm currently considering getting Nendo Reimu).

Found a nice deal on F4F Okami Amaterasu PVC statue at Hot Topic: https://www.hottopic.com/product/first-4-figures-okami-amaterasu-collectible-statue/12604029.html

$85.90 full price, currently 20% off at $68.72. If this is your first time ordering online from Hot Topic (like it was for me), then sign up for their email newsletter first and you will receive an email with a 30% off coupon shortly after, bringing the cost down to $60.13. Shipping is currently free over $60. Tax in most states.

My total came out to $64.34 after 30% off, tax, and free shipping. I almost ordered from TOM for $80 (+$16 shipping), but this is better and already in stock vs waiting for April.

-Update-

For Christmas day only, 30% off is automatically applied to the statue, no need to sign up for newsletter first.

TOM 20x points 12/27-1/9.

My Amaterasu from Hot Topic has shipped and should arrive on 1/3. This really is a slick price for anyone interested. Cheapest anywhere else, including shipping, is around $95. I'll post my impressions when she arrives.

Received my F4F Amaterasu. Poor quality photo:
f4f-okami-amaterasu.jpg

Some quick impressions:
-Heavy! The round base is very light, but the figure itself has a lot more weight to it than Japanese figures of a similar size.
-Comes already attached to base. Not sure if removable.
-Great sculpt and face. Tail has the ink dipped brush look. Flower stream looks nice. Tiny black rear-hole painted ^^
-If you look close in person, you'll notice more quality issues than you would on Japanese produced figures. Some paint chips, rough/bubbly areas, and stray black paint marks. Looks fine from normal viewing distance though.

I am very happy to get her for $60 + tax. Hot Topic did a fine job packaging her too. I could never afford a F4F resin statue, so this PVC option is a great alternative. Okami fans should give this statue a serious look.

Thanks for the impressions on Amaterasu, I had a code for $30 off a $75 purchase and decided to use it on her. It looks beautiful, I can't wait to have it on my shelf.

Nendoroid Lion King Simba (August 2020):

FIGURE-055736.jpg

I found it funny that my first thought on seeing this was not of the movie, but rather:

SNES-02.gif

Re-releases up for Nendo Witcher, Sora, and Riku.

Also a new Nendo up for Fortnite (spoilered because creepy):
FIGURE-055734.jpg

Never played Fortnite, but I guess it's more than popular enough to get a Nendo.

WonFes is coming early February. The GSC exclusives have already been announced, including the Snow Parade Miku that was voted on last year:

01-1000x1000.jpg

I was hoping piano, accordion, or taiko would win, but French horn is cute too. I'll definitely be ordering Nendo Subaru. These will be available to order from GSC JP and GSC US Feb 8 - 17. GSC US should be the cheaper option for US buyers.

Also a new Nendo up for Fortnite (spoilered because creepy):
FIGURE-055734.jpg
Never played Fortnite, but I guess it's more than popular enough to get a Nendo.
Now that I get a better look at it, those are strange proportions for a Nendoroid :shock:

As for Snow Miku, this will be my first year since they started the design contests that I'm passing on any figures of her. My favorites were taiko, piano, and flute, in that order, but I would've been fine with any of the designs except for the one that won. I'm not a big fan of marching-band style figure designs, especially primary-colored ones, and the little off-kilter swish of hair on her front bangs is another turnoff. The twintails aren't very exciting, either :razz:

I'm not sold on the French horn either. I thought taiko would be most popular among Japanese voters. An MFC poll had taiko as the favorite, followed closely by French horn (so there was interest) and then piano.

The colors were much more subdued in the French horn submitted design. GSC saturated the crap out of it. Here's a quick Photoshop to make it more like the original design:

snowmiku2020.jpg

I'm glad GSC is releasing a 2.0 ver of the original Nendo Snow Miku. I have a few Snow Mikus but never got the original.

Got my first GSC Pop Up Parade figure, Goblin Slayer. The best description would be it's one step above a prize figure. Similar to prize figures, the paint is flat (though nice metallic paint for the armor), the base is plain, and the scale is below 1/8. Quality wise though, I didn't notice any of the usual problems you see in prize figures. To be fair, Goblin Slayer is meant to look dirty, so if there are paint flaws, they could be disguised. The weight of the figure is good too, maybe a little more than a typical prize.

I like what I've seen so far of GSC PUP. Considering picking up Saitama and Genos next.

Oh, and Nendo Best Frog is up for pre-order:

FIGURE-055983.jpg

...and now TOM has cancelled my order for her -_- As for the reason, all they said was, "Unfortunately, our distributor has contacted us to let us know that due complications they will be unable to fulfill their order with us."
Damn, that sucks. It was their first time carrying F4F figures, so I guess their supply chain wasn't reliable for them.

You can still grab Amaterasu from Hot Topic for $60 + tax using the method I posted before. Even if you can't use your TOM points, that is still a sweet price for her.

Damn, that sucks. It was their first time carrying F4F figures, so I guess their supply chain wasn't reliable for them.

You can still grab Amaterasu from Hot Topic for $60 + tax using the method I posted before. Even if you can't use your TOM points, that is still a sweet price for her.
Yeah, I looked into that to see if it was still active just before visiting this thread again, and I think I'll go that route ^^

Checking TOM just now, they have other F4F figures still up for pre-order. I think they sold the first run of BotW Link as well. I wonder what makes Amaterasu's supply different...

HS bargain bin starts tonight, 11pm EST.

Heads up to TOM shoppers:

1) Starting 2/6 JST, there will be a cap on the amount of TOM points you can use per order. There will be a 50% cap (20% non-premium) per order. So if you're buying a $100 figure, you can only use up to $50 ($20 non-premium) of points. Previously, there was no cap, and you could buy a figure using all TOM points and just pay the shipping out of pocket.

How does this affect you? I was going to talk math here, but there's already a good discussion going on at MFC: https://myfigurecollection.net/blog/44829 -edit- article removed from MFC, but there is less technical talk going on in the shop forum: https://myfigurecollection.net/threads.v4.php?mode=view&threadId=7182

You have until 2/6 to spend your points like normal if you prefer. The new style of point usage is still viable, but to make it work well you will have to aim at making larger orders with equally larger oop expenses. Personally, I liked being able to occasionally get an expensive scale for little oop.

2) TOM plans on adding the ability to ship "eligible" figures with the same release month in a single shipment. This has been a much needed feature, especially for cheaper prizes where shipping individually was too expensive in comparison to the low cost of each figure.

Yay to the second thing, boo to the first thing. They have long been much more expensive to ship from compared to AmiAmi and especially HLJ (my main store).

As for the points thing... thanks to TOM and being able to use points to pay off entire orders (before shipping), I had started buying more scales that I would have otherwise (though to be fair, one or two were must-gets regardless of the type of figure they were). I will probably start buying fewer scales now, and will likely not use TOM much at all, unless they lower their prices to be more on par with the Japanese shops. As far as US stores go, there's other good options out there for items like JP-exclusive/US-standard S.H.Figuarts, in case I need to comparison shop.

Also... yay, HS Bargain Bin time!

I was using TOM for scales as well. Well, I mostly use HLJ for scales, and recently I've started to lean towards Amazon JP for them thanks to no Japan consumption tax and EMS-speed shipping at small packet prices (even for boxes larger than small packet), but TOM points were a nice way to get an expensive scale at a more reasonable oop price.

When I saw the policy change email last night, I used up my points on Rin Shima (paid 80% with points).

Yea, that's the one I almost ended up using my points on. But I ended up buying Date A Live Tohka Yatogami and used 100% of points on it. Have $2 left. It's the last of my points from the 2B/NGNL order from like Holiday 2018, since I haven't bought many figures last year.

I have around $80 in points right now thanks to the Ammy refund, but there's nothing from TOM that I really want right now. Don't know if I'll renew Premium yet, but I have until mid-November to think about it.

Speaking of Ammy, mine arrived from Hot Topic on Sunday. They did a fantastic packing job, but the figure itself is broken:

https://twitter.com/R_Kasahara/status/1225159664674975750
I hadn't noticed this at first, but was inspired to double-check when Aya-kun, another MFC VIB, said that some people have had issues with their statues, and as it turned out, her (exclusive ver.!) Ammy came with a broken tail:

https://twitter.com/Aya_Kun/status/1225018301702688770
She lives in Germany (ETA: correction, the UK. I get her and Kibi mixed up a lot -_-) as well, so I can only imagine the headache this brought her. Hopefully F4F can help her out.

As for me, I called Hot Topic about an exchange, but they're sold out of the statues now. So, it's either try and fix her myself (should be doable, though I'm a little worried about that part slipping in the future) or exchange for a refund. Fortunately, I have a little bit of time to think about it.

Sorry you have had such bad luck with Amaterasu (first the cancellation, now the breakage). The damage looks pretty clean, like you could just put some glue on the pegs and plop Divine Retribution right back onto her. I hope it works out for you ^^

The damage looks pretty clean, like you could just put some glue on the pegs and plop Divine Retribution right back onto her. I hope it works out for you ^^
Pretty much my line of thinking, though as I said, I'm a little concerned about how well it'll hold up long term. Good thing one of the pegs is intact. And thanks ^^

Right now I'm leaning towards keeping her, but I'm going to examine the figure some more sometime soon. If there's any other significant problems, she's definitely going back.

GSC WonFes exclusives are up for pre-order. Cheaper to buy from GSC US thanks to free shipping.

MFC WonFes 2020 Winter The List is up: https://myfigurecollection.net/blog/44825

Some video-game related figures (view the full list for more):

Nendo Neptunia Neptune 10th anniversary: https://myfigurecollection.net/item/945603

Nendo Neptunia Purple Heart: https://myfigurecollection.net/item/941882

PUP Journey The Traveler: https://myfigurecollection.net/item/945919

Nendo Monster Hunter World Male Zenogre Alpha Armor ver: https://myfigurecollection.net/item/946117

Nendo Overwatch Reinhardt: https://myfigurecollection.net/item/945913

Nendo Witcher 3 Yennefer: https://myfigurecollection.net/item/945929

Nendo Touhou Marisa Kirisame 2.0: https://myfigurecollection.net/item/945879

Kotobukiya ARTFXJ 1/7 Pokemon Red: https://myfigurecollection.net/item/945911

Figma Death Stranding Cliff: https://myfigurecollection.net/item/945854

Figma Splatoon 2 Hime: https://myfigurecollection.net/item/945852

Figma Splatoon 2 Iida: https://myfigurecollection.net/item/945855

Awesome surprise to see them give Journey attention after all these years ^^

Not much new for me aside from Nendo Marisa and the Pop-Up Parade MHA figures (Midoriya and Bakugo at least).

Kotobukiya and MegaHouse had some new Pokemon figures to show. MegaHouse's Electric-type figure looks fun, though several people weren't happy with the quality of their previous Eeveelution-themed release. Meanwhile, Koto is making Red... yet again.

There's plenty of other video game figures (Atelier, Fate, Persona, etc.) from non-GSC affiliated companies as well, so definitely check out The List! Also, as a reminder, Square Enix traditionally doesn't show at WonFes, but they do at Toy Fair, which is coming up towards the end of this month. Hope they'll have new info about certain Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy figures they announced last year.

In love with the Narga hunter. Despite BB being one of my all-time favorite things, I'm weirdly not super into the nendo. Think I might just stick with the figma this time around.

I'm gonna return Amaterasu after all. Took a more in-depth look at her today to help me decide whether or not to keep her and noticed a bunch of tiny little paint flaws for the first time. The visible seam marks I don't mind so much, but not this paint job. That combined with the reflector damage makes her an easy return.

It's disappointing, to say the least. I hope an Ammy figma gets made since I don't much like the chubbiness of the Nendo.

Did your broken reflector not go back into place? All the F4F Amaterasu have paint flaws all over. Definitely lower quality than any Japan made scale. They're not too noticeable at normal viewing distance, but up close it's disappointing that F4F was ok with this level of paintwork at this price. At full price, especially for the more expensive exclusive edition, I would have been pissed. At the cheaper price we got from Hot Topic, I'm ok with it (although I wouldn't be with a broken part on top of the poor paintwork).

Have there been any animal Figma so far? I agree that the Nendo ver is very different from the Ammy we think of. Looks more like Chibiterasu from Okamiden.

Did your broken reflector not go back into place? All the F4F Amaterasu have paint flaws all over. Definitely lower quality than any Japan made scale. They're not too noticeable at normal viewing distance, but up close it's disappointing that F4F was ok with this level of paintwork at this price. At full price, especially for the more expensive exclusive edition, I would have been pissed. At the cheaper price we got from Hot Topic, I'm ok with it (although I wouldn't be with a broken part on top of the poor paintwork).

Have there been any animal Figma so far? I agree that the Nendo ver is very different from the Ammy we think of. Looks more like Chibiterasu from Okamiden.
It does, just barely, but the paint flaws were something else. I have 15+ year old Kaiyodo figures that are better painted. There was also a small scuff mark on the top of the base.

There are animal figma, but not many of them! Higma is one in my own collection, and there are also figma horses (though IIRC, technically, they're figma accessories). There's also the figma of Iron Fossil and Knight Fossil from the Darius series, which are mechs shaped like fish.

Nendo Neptune and Nendo Purple Heart are up for pre-order.

945603.jpg
941882.jpg

They are limited+exclusive releases that normally would only be available in blu-ray bundles, but this time GSC JP, GSC US, and some partner shops (only TOM so far) are selling them unbundled.

Neptune: https://www.goodsmileus.com/product/nendoroid-neptune-10th-anniversary-ver-1406

Purple Heart: https://www.goodsmileus.com/product/nendoroid-purple-heart-1407

Considering they each come with only two faces and one accessory, they are expensive for what you get. Compared to the aftermarket prices of their previous releases though (over $100 ea), those interested should pre-order.

bread's done
Back