Jet Li's new movie FEARLESS

trunks982

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
http://www.kungfucinema.com/2005/122402.htm

Theres a link in that link for the trailer. It's a chinese movie, not american. I really like his chinese movies than his american movies. His chinese movies are a lot better. Hopefully this movie is great. This movie is directed by Ronny Yu. Same guy who directed Freddy VS Jason. Yuen Wo Ping is the choreographer. Same guy who did Matrix, Kill Bill, Danny the Dog, and Stephen Chow's Kung Fu Hustle. If u notice or not Yuen Wo Ping plays as the bum in Kung Fu Hustle.

this link is another trailer.
http://tw.mediaframe.yahoo.com/laun...w.movie.yahoo.com/trailerlist.html/=152952422
i guess this is the american trailer. this trailer comes with like Making Of.

check both trailers.

watch them anyway.

Wait, whoa... what? I watched that second trailer and it says "Jet Li in his final martial arts epic".

Wtf does that mean? He retiring or what? o_O

Edit: Guess I shoulda read the first article...

It looks as though Jet Li is going to finish his martial arts movie-making career with a real bang. A new trailer for Fearless has turned up online at Cinema.com.hk and although it's sad to see it marketed as his "final martial arts epic," it appears to be a marvelous throwback to his Once Upon a Time in China days.

That sucks :(

Oh wow, ANOTHER film where he plays a martial arts expert in ancient china with that long braided pony tail, bald head and off white robes. I wonder if this is going to be like the other 10 he made that are almost exactly the same?

[quote name='Graystone']I like jet-li he makes some awesome movies. Sucks that he is retiring though.[/QUOTE]

I don't think he's retiring. I think he's just not taking any more action / martial arts roles, like Jackie Chan is doing.

[quote name='neocisco']The guy's in his 40's now and he probably doesn't want to tarnish his legacy like Jackie Chan has somewhat done.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that Jackie could tarnish his legacy. His earlier / Hong Kong films are so damn good that he can make whatever American garbage he wants nowadays, because plain and simple... he's a legend of the silver screen.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I don't think he's retiring. I think he's just not taking any more action / martial arts roles, like Jackie Chan is doing.

I don't think that Jackie could tarnish his legacy. His earlier / Hong Kong films are so damn good that he can make whatever American garbage he wants nowadays, because plain and simple... he's a legend of the silver screen.[/QUOTE]

Well put. And about Jet Li retiring from action movies, isn't he supposed to be in the Tekken movie?

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I don't think that Jackie could tarnish his legacy. His earlier / Hong Kong films are so damn good that he can make whatever American garbage he wants nowadays, because plain and simple... he's a legend of the silver screen.[/QUOTE]

I don't think of Jackie as an embarassment. Some people are of the opinion that the movies he's made in the last 5-10 years are an embarassment. My opinion doesn't go that far but I do feel that several of them were certainly beneath him. I've enjoyed a lot of Jackie's movies and will continue to do so (via DVD). My guess is Jet Li might be trying to take a different career direction than Jackie. He'd have to since Jackie seems to have well-developed comic timing that Jet Li doesn't quite have. My point is (I think), I've enjoyed both of their movies and hope they continue to make good ones, regardless of the genre.

Jet-Li is an a good actor and perfect at martial arts. I have liked all of his movies even Kiss of the Dragon. I think he has done great in American films from Lethal Weapon 4 to Unleashed to the One. This is a sad day for martial arts because of his retirement.

Jet Li going back to his roots is always good news. I loved all the Once Upon a Time in China, Tai-Chi Master, and other such period films that he did.

It's really sad to hear this will be his final movie. I grew up watching his movies and loved every one of them. Even his American movies, tis a sad day indeed. :cry:

Tony Jaa certainly has the ability to carry on the high-quality martial arts films. His acting ability is still in question but that can be worked on. If you haven't seen Ong Bak yet go rent it NOW.

Yeah, Tony Jaa is amazing. He does so many things that will leave you shaking your head in disbelief. And by the way, Ong Bak and Unleashed are 2 for $20 at Best Buy next week.

[quote name='headpiece747']Jet-Li is an a good actor[/QUOTE]
Jet Li is a terrible actor. Which is why in so many of his English films, he's reserved to saying small quips or being semi-silent.

Now, Donnie Yen is pretty damn good at acting. Personally, I enjoy watching Donnie Yen moreso. Less wire work.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I don't think that Jackie could tarnish his legacy. His earlier / Hong Kong films are so damn good that he can make whatever American garbage he wants nowadays, because plain and simple... he's a legend of the silver screen.[/QUOTE]I'm going to have to disagree here and say that he doesn't even have a "legacy" to tarnish. Out of the dozens of films he's made in his career, there are only a few that you could try to call classics, and only one that really qualifies. From the very beginning the shit has far outweighed the good. It's just that no one bothers to watch all those shitty movies so they forget about them. :lol:

[quote name='capitalist_mao']Jet Li is a terrible actor. Which is why in so many of his English films, he's reserved to saying small quips or being semi-silent.

Now, Donnie Yen is pretty damn good at acting. Personally, I enjoy watching Donnie Yen moreso. Less wire work.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing that you haven't seen Unleashed / Danny the Dog. He does some incredible acting in that movie. Hell, people I know that absolutely hate martial arts in movies loved that movie, and they loved Jet's performance.

Jet is often quiet in his movies because the directors are afraid to let him speak English, fearing that he won't be understood. I think his English is pretty damn good; it should be, because the man studies English 4 hours a day with a professional tutor... EVERY DAY, WITHOUT FAIL.

Donnie Yen is very good too. His English is pretty much perfect because he grew up in Boston most of his lfie. Also, he's got a great look on-screen and his martial arts choreography is good.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I'm going to have to disagree here and say that he doesn't even have a "legacy" to tarnish. Out of the dozens of films he's made in his career, there are only a few that you could try to call classics, and only one that really qualifies. From the very beginning the shit has far outweighed the good. It's just that no one bothers to watch all those shitty movies so they forget about them. :lol:[/QUOTE]

By your standards, then, I'm guessing that you would say that Bruce Lee isn't a legend and he doesn't have a "legacy," either. Both Jackie and Bruce were innovators in their genres. I'm curious; which Jackie Chan film qualifies as a "classic" in your eyes?

I'm sorry if I sound mean or anything; I honestly am interested in your opinions, Subbie. I really don't mean to sound upset or anything.

Unleashed is my favorite american jet li movie. Did u guys watch Tom Yum Goong? Tony Jaa is in it. Theres another HK movie called S.P.L. which Sammo Hung fights with Donnie Yen. One of the best HK film i saw.

I also heard some where that Jet Li is retiring after the new movie Fearless too. This is too bad because I'm a big fan of Jet Li since a kid. Good thing that we have Tony Jaa now.

Trunks982, you mean the begger with martial art books in Kung Fu Hustle is played by Yuen Wo Ping? That is pretty cool.

Any one knows when is Tony Jaa's Tom Yum Goong coming to USA?

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']Yeah, Tony Jaa is amazing. He does so many things that will leave you shaking your head in disbelief. And by the way, Ong Bak and Unleashed are 2 for $20 at Best Buy next week.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! I've been waiting for a good price on Ong Bak.

[quote name='yogi99']I also heard some where that Jet Li is retiring after the new movie Fearless too. This is too bad because I'm a big fan of Jet Li since a kid. Good thing that we have Tony Jaa now.

Trunks982, you mean the begger with martial art books in Kung Fu Hustle is played by Yuen Wo Ping? That is pretty cool.

Any one knows when is Tony Jaa's Tom Yum Goong coming to USA?[/QUOTE]

yup, the begger with the books.

unleashed was a masterpeice hes an under rated actor with real martial arts tallent.

Once upon a time in china was a great series as well 'the first 3 of them anyways'.

He should remake some bruce lee movies.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']By your standards, then, I'm guessing that you would say that Bruce Lee isn't a legend and he doesn't have a "legacy," either. Both Jackie and Bruce were innovators in their genres. I'm curious; which Jackie Chan film qualifies as a "classic" in your eyes?

I'm sorry if I sound mean or anything; I honestly am interested in your opinions, Subbie. I really don't mean to sound upset or anything.[/QUOTE]
legendofthedrunkenmaster8sb.jpg

Honestly, Bruce Lee never impressed me much.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']
I don't think that Jackie could tarnish his legacy. His earlier / Hong Kong films are so damn good that he can make whatever American garbage he wants nowadays, because plain and simple... he's a legend of the silver screen.[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you said.

I haven't seen as many of Jet Li's films, but the trailer has me REALLY excited to see Fearless.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']
legendofthedrunkenmaster8sb.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's definitely his best. Although, only the uncut, original version qualifies as a classic... not the chopped up, English garbage version.

Any one knows the name of the girl who plays the student/hooker in Tom Yum Goong (she is in the hot bath scene). Also where can I rent SPL? Netflix or Blockbuster?

bread's done
Back