"Jews Don't Join the Army" ???

DesertEagleXIX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
In a recent CAgcast, Grave Addiction asked why Wombat doesn't join the Army. Cheapy enigmatically explained, "Jews don't join the Army".

While never in the Army, I spent four in the Corps, and met a few Jews, one of which is still a close friend. I asked him to explain the reference, and he too was mystified.

I also spent time with a few guys from the Tzahal, and they were some great, hardcore servicemen. In Israel, I know it's a requirement to serve. Is that part of the equation?

Is it that they don't join the ARMY (but join another service branch), or they don't join any armed service? Please, no anti-semitic remarks; show your intelligence, not your stupidity.

BTW Desert Eagles are Israeli made. Damn fine gun.

In the Army right now and I've seen a few rosters with personnel's religious preferences before and there were several Soldiers that are Jewish.
I'm not sure what Cheapy meant to say, but there's definitely people from all kinds of religions in the Army.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']In a recent CAgcast, Grave Addiction asked why Wombat doesn't join the Army. Cheapy enigmatically explained, "Jews don't join the Army".

While never in the Army, I spent four in the Corps, and met a few Jews, one of which is still a close friend. I asked him to explain the reference, and he too was mystified.

I also spent time with a few guys from the Tzahal, and they were some great, hardcore servicemen. In Israel, I know it's a requirement to serve. Is that part of the equation?

Is it that they don't join the ARMY (but join another service branch), or they don't join any armed service? Please, no anti-semitic remarks; show your intelligence, not your stupidity.

BTW Desert Eagles are Israeli made. Damn fine gun.[/QUOTE]Well, if the first site that comes up on a google search is to be believed (it seems pretty hillbilly-y, though, mentioning Jews in entertainment and politics) there's a disparity between population of Jews (1.4%) and enlistment (0.3%). It was likely just a Cartman-esque joke, though.

yeah it was a joke, I mean in the past like WWII times, Jews werent really given higher offices, so a great uncle of mine had to change his name when he joined and he made it up Colonel. My dad who is now retired, ended at an LTC, so they are there just at a minimum

Are you serious? Thats like believing that white men literally cant get off the ground on their own volition cause it's been said that they cant jump.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Also, there are a lot of Jewish soldiers in movies; Fish from Saving Pvt. Ryan, Biloxi Blues, to name a few.[/QUOTE]Bishop in Aliens was a Jew, though he had to convert. You know, from metric.

The Population Reference Bureau published some research on the composition of the military in late 2004; page 27 of the first PDF linked on this page shows that 1% of military personnel 20-39 years old are Jewish, while 2% of those 18+ are. This may suggest that Jews do join in larger number than they are a portion of the US population, but they don't stay in the military for very long, on the whole (or it could mean nothing, since the data was collected all at the same time, trends can't be inferred):

http://www.prb.org/Template.cfm?Sec...Management/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=12460

I'm not sure what made Cheapy say it, but it was probably just a lousy, lousy joke both in idea and execution.

[quote name='mykevermin']The Population Reference Bureau published some research on the composition of the military in late 2004; page 27 of the first PDF linked on this page shows that 1% of military personnel 20-39 years old are Jewish, while 2% of those 18+ are. This may suggest that Jews do join in larger number than they are a portion of the US population, but they don't stay in the military for very long, on the whole (or it could mean nothing, since the data was collected all at the same time, trends can't be inferred):

http://www.prb.org/Template.cfm?Section=Population_Bulletin1&template=/ContentManagement/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=12460

I'm not sure what made Cheapy say it, but it was probably just a lousy, lousy joke both in idea and execution.[/quote]Wow, Population Reference Bureau publishings. You must be a wildman at parties.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Wow, Population Reference Bureau publishings. You must be a wildman at parties.[/QUOTE]

You don't give up, do you, sweet tits? ;)

Forgive me for, yet again, being informed. Next time I'll run it by you; if it gets vetoed, then I'll just post another sort of "OMG teh Jews r lazy and hate teh warz!!!" instead.

[quote name='Cormier6083']I believe CheapyD's remark was very "racist(?)" when he said it.[/quote]Or, it was an off the cuff joke with absolutely no racial meaning behind it.

[quote name='mykevermin']You don't give up, do you, sweet tits? ;)

Forgive me for, yet again, being informed. Next time I'll run it by you; if it gets vetoed, then I'll just post another sort of "OMG teh Jews r lazy and hate teh warz!!!" instead.[/QUOTE]One from a .gov would probably be better.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Or, it was an off the cuff joke with absolutely no racial meaning behind it.[/quote]

:whistle2:k

[quote name='mykevermin']You don't give up, do you, sweet tits? ;)

Forgive me for, yet again, being informed. Next time I'll run it by you; if it gets vetoed, then I'll just post another sort of "OMG teh Jews r lazy and hate teh warz!!!" instead.[/quote]Well, it's a good thing you're informed. I know personally, not a day goes by where I'm not constantly questioned as to how many Jeiwsh people are in the Army. But thanks for filling me in.

tmyk.gif

[quote name='jmcc']One from a .gov would probably be better.[/QUOTE]

The data was taken from the General Social Survey, which is developed and collected by the University of Chicago's NORC (National Opinion Research Center). NORC's single biggest client is the US government.

What, you thought the government collected its own data? :rofl:

[quote name='mykevermin']The data was taken from the General Social Survey, which is developed and collected by the University of Chicago's NORC (National Opinion Research Center). NORC's single biggest client is the US government.

What, you thought the government collected its own data? :rofl:[/QUOTE]Then why isn't it on a .gov page?

[quote name='jmcc']Then why isn't it on a .gov page?[/QUOTE]
Because the GSS can be used by both public and private research institutions.

I don't see the big deal. I'm sure all of us hear worse from people in day to day life.

VG, and mykevermin are you two ever going to stop fighting. Every thread you two are arguing. Just fuck and get it over with already. ;)

[quote name='Cormier6083']I believe CheapyD's remark was very "racist(?)" when he said it.[/QUOTE]

Mind telling me what race are jews? and since Cheapy is Jewish as he mentions how is it racist?

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']Mind telling me what race are jews? and since Cheapy is Jewish as he mentions how is it racist?[/quote]

Not racist but it was hurtful to that religion. j00 kn0w wh4t 1 m34n?

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']Mind telling me what race are jews? and since Cheapy is Jewish as he mentions how is it racist?[/QUOTE]Cheapy D. is Jewish?! Man, not cool. He's just reinforcing stereotypes.

[quote name='jmcc']Cheapy D. is Jewish?! Man, not cool. He's just reinforcing stereotypes.[/quote]

Yes. And probably a non- practicing one :mad:

[quote name='Cormier6083']Yes. And probably a non- practicing one :mad:[/QUOTE]No, I mean this whole website! It's just reinforcing the stereotype that Jews are miserly with money!

[quote name='jmcc']No, I mean this whole website! It's just reinforcing the stereotype that Jews are miserly with money![/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Oh my gods! Bad racial jokes on teh intarweb! We were better off back in the 50's when there were no intarweb or racial jokes, it was a much better back then.

All you people need to take a chill pill, or a cyanide pill.

[quote name='jmcc']No, I mean this whole website! It's just reinforcing the stereotype that Jews are miserly with money![/QUOTE]

We all are misers. Everyone last CAG'er on here.

Except the ones with PS3's, of course.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']We all are misers. Everyone last CAG'er on here.

Except the ones with PS3's, of course.[/QUOTE]And I'm circumsized and like sweet wine. Hmm...maybe I'm a secret Jew! Like, a NinJew!

I personally don't know for sure, however I remember reading in a few high school history books about how prior to setting up concentration camps Hitler asked the Jewish to change their religion and join the military. Maybe that would have some connection being the majority didn't.... however all speculation.

Can we atleast move this to the site feedback forum so I don't have to look at it when I'm looking for mindless entertainment?

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']Mind telling me what race are jews? and since Cheapy is Jewish as he mentions how is it racist?[/QUOTE]

We are of the Semitic race.

As for the OP, in Israel, joining the army is a must. The Tzahal is damn good. Everyone joins. I know americans (one of my friend's friends who lived in Beverly Hills gave up on college for a while to serve in the Tzahal. I met him in Israel).
In America, we are not encouraged to serve in the army. I can tell you right now, my parents would be completely against me joining the army or any other service. Not that I would, but as American Jews, we are encouraged to go to college after high school. I know no American Jews here who would even consider service.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']BTW Desert Eagles are Israeli made. Damn fine gun.[/quote]

Everyone likes the deagles in the Hitman games or that cool scene in Snatch when the camera pans across a menacing Desert Eagle. However they are largely a hollywood fad, in real-life they aren't that great.

[quote name='camoor']Everyone likes the deagles in the Hitman games or that cool scene in Snatch when the camera pans across a menacing Desert Eagle. However they are largely a hollywood fad, in real-life they aren't that great.[/QUOTE]They're not even the best gun to come from Israel.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']In a recent CAgcast, Grave Addiction asked why Wombat doesn't join the Army. Cheapy enigmatically explained, "Jews don't join the Army".[/QUOTE]

Wombat already *did* join the army! The Wombat Liberation Army! Viva!!!

[quote name='jPoD']We are of the Semitic race.

As for the OP, in Israel, joining the army is a must. The Tzahal is damn good. Everyone joins. I know americans (one of my friend's friends who lived in Beverly Hills gave up on college for a while to serve in the Tzahal. I met him in Israel).
In America, we are not encouraged to serve in the army. I can tell you right now, my parents would be completely against me joining the army or any other service. Not that I would, but as American Jews, we are encouraged to go to college after high school. I know no American Jews here who would even consider service.[/QUOTE]

Well, yes, if anything else, Israel is perfect evidence that Jews are not particularly passive peoples.

[quote name='jmcc']Cheapy D. is Jewish?! Man, not cool. He's just reinforcing stereotypes.[/quote]Okay, I don't spend a lot of time following Cheapy's articles or cagcasts. I come to this site to find out about good deals on games. But I've seen his picture and his name. Anyone who couldn't tell he's Jewish is well... not terribly observant.

[quote name='jPoD']I know no American Jews here who would even consider service.[/quote]There are a good number. But a lot of American Jews are also very liberal, and not big fans of the military at all. We're an interesting group to say the least.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Or, it was an off the cuff joke with absolutely no racial meaning behind it.[/quote]For once, I agree with this man. I say crap like that all the time. It's completely random, with no basis whatsoever, and no malicious meaning behind it.

[quote name='Scobie']Wombat already *did* join the army! The Wombat Liberation Army! Viva!!![/quote]

He's flatlining!

I cant get a pulse!

Damnit, just let him go....

No, it can't be!

Yes, the gimmic is dead... just let him go.

*bbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

bread's done
Back