Jhuntley's Tradelist

Since dv8's having the huge lowball, mine's is going to have ended by the 10th of August. Still don't have a straight date, or all items on the list.

The minimum bid increment is 50 cents, but each item starts at $1. So when noone has bid on an item, the first bid must be at least $1. Every bid on that item afterwards must be a minimum of 50 cents (but can be higher).

Jhuntley: About that low bid increment, it's good for lowering the barrier to a new bid, but on the last day/hour it leads to snipes. What if you kept your 50 cent increment, except right at the end of the lowball (last day/half day/hours?) and make it higher then, say $1 (or even more), so you encourage people to outbid other while the outbidding is cheap, i.e., before the end of the lowball? Of course they can always do a big outbid, just not sleazy last-minute small one which just forces anyone serious to wait around.

Another more drastic way of preventing sniping is to give a discount on early *winning* bids, e.g., a bid of a $10 that comes before the last day gets a 10 percent discount (say), but that same bid in the last hour gets no discount.

[quote name='thejam']Jhuntley: About that low bid increment, it's good for lowering the barrier to a new bid, but on the last day/hour it leads to snipes. What if you kept your 50 cent increment, except right at the end of the lowball (last day/half day/hours?) and make it higher then, say $1 (or even more), so you encourage people to outbid other while the outbidding is cheap, i.e., before the end of the lowball? Of course they can always do a big outbid, just not sleazy last-minute small one which just forces anyone serious to wait around.

Another more drastic way of preventing sniping is to give a discount on early *winning* bids, e.g., a bid of a $10 that comes before the last day gets a 10 percent discount (say), but that same bid in the last hour gets no discount.[/QUOTE]

I like that idea about the dollar bids on the last day. I'll use it.

not a horrible idea to experiment with something like that

God of War Collection $1
Kingdom Hearts 2 (cases' plastic has several small tears in it) $1
Final Fantasy XII $1

bread's done
Back