John "Earthquake" Tenta's wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Doylerulez']Not too shabby a Raw tonight, course I was waiting for Y2J to be GM.

That Lita dive was just plain sick, it was hard to watch the replay and not think she broke her damn neck.

And a quick question if anyone else noticed, what the hell was that blood spot from in the last match? I think it was where Benoit was laying, but they didn't show anything.[/quote]

Blood was from Benoit, and the Ref. They both were bleeding quite a bit. The ref was laying on the other side of the ring.
Looked Benoit got hit with the frame part of the chair.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']Yeah thank god shes alright. And she put on a pretty good match for once :D[/quote]

Not to quibble with grammar, but I don't think I'd ever see someone with the tag "morbidangel4life" use the phrase "thank god." Not a big deal, I just wanted to mention it.

Man, Raw was bad. I thought it strange that Vince gave away that they weren't going to announce the champ last night in the VERY FIRST SEGMENT. 'click.'

They showed that they have a lot of credit for the women's division by letting them wrestle the main event (assuming the main event of raw means anything). I have never thought Lita was a good wrestler, or even passable. In fact, I fucking hate her bullshit "lookit me, I'm alternative" gimmick (and her having a 7 Seconds logo patched on the back of her shirt makes me hate her even MORE). That having been said, she could have hurt herself incredibly bad last night, and she didn't. That's a good thing (that's also as nice as I can be towards fucking Lita).

Funny that they showed this kinda reverence for the women now that the women's division is LITERALLY FOUR GODDAMN WOMEN.

I never figured out why the Hurricane has been a nobody since mid-2002; he's always been popular, the crowds always respond to him; why is he in the spot he's in?

Orton and Edge are in a neat spot, but those two left me completely unconvinced that they are angry. "If you want to blame somebody Edge, blame..................(wait for it)....................yourself!" Jeezus, is there an acting coach in the house?

What else happened? Oh, the limbo spot? It reminds me of an old episode of Married With Children, when Al and his friends start the hypermasculine club "NO M.A.A.M." One of those episodes has them on a talk show with women in small bikinis, jumping up and down. Al gets the mic at some point, and sheepishly asks the women if she will jump up and down again. That segment was supposed to be comic, and it was supposed to be (somewhat) ironic. The segment on Raw was neither. Twenty bucks on a wet t-shirt contest of some sort next week.

Maven, though? Sheer brilliance. Sheer brilliance.

myke.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that realizes that Raw was crap.

I'm also glad that I'm not the only one that's for a Hurricane push. Edge might be able to main event, but he can't draw. He CANNOT draw. His microphone skills are mediocre at best, and that hurts him, especially if he wants the belt. Jericho can draw. Benoit can draw. HHH and HBK can draw. Edge cannot draw. I respect the guy, I love his matches, but he couldn't carry the company.

My prediction for next week's Raw?

Eric throws a swerve and gives the belt back to Trips. Batista becomes jealous and breaks away and goes for a title run.

That's what I'm hoping, anyways, because Batista is a freaking hoss. He couldn't draw to save his life, but I would LOVE to see Batista vs. HHH.

[quote name='Stink_Pickle']Flame me..ill get the Chyna/X-pac nudie flick when it comes out next week.[/quote]

Buy whatever you want to, as long as it's legal.

How do you think the meeting where they decided to release this tape went down? Oofah.

myke.

[quote name='Scorch']I'm glad that I'm not the only one that realizes that Raw was crap.

I'm also glad that I'm not the only one that's for a Hurricane push. Edge might be able to main event, but he can't draw. He CANNOT draw. His microphone skills are mediocre at best, and that hurts him, especially if he wants the belt. Jericho can draw. Benoit can draw. HHH and HBK can draw. Edge cannot draw. I respect the guy, I love his matches, but he couldn't carry the company.

[/quote]

Edge's problem is he is just not that great of a wrestler in singles. He has a really weak finisher and the only move that he has that is really decent is the spear. Mic skills are overrated because Benoit and Lesnar did just fine without them.

From Wrestling 365 Newletter here is who wrestled Heat. Dont have results for you, mykevermin, though.

Non Raw Notes: Former ECW star C.W. Anderson
worked a dark match with Chris Masters. The following
matches were taped for Heat: Rhyno vs, Sylvan Grenier,
Val Venis vs. Steven Richards and Rob Conway vs. Tajiri.

thanks. Sounds like I'm going out Sunday, then.

inamario2, I agree about dvr. If not for that device, I would have not seen the Akio-London match from Velocity. An incredible match by today's standards, but I don't expect it to get them noticed. They'll probably both have to job to Luther Reigns (HORSHU!!!!!!!!!!!!) at the same time as punishment for having a good match.

the TNA/WWE vid is over at pwtorrents. It's no good, though. The only person clearly interacting with them is Misterio. Now THAT would have been funny, if the only person they showed was him (it's been long enough since he hasn't worn the mask that it would be a big deal).

myke.

[quote name='imamario02']i love my dvr... im gonna go home and watch raw tonight...[/quote]
That's my prefered viewing method, as I can wrap up a 2 hour show in about a half hour.

And Stink Pickle, if you go through with it, hope you don't go blind. They mentioned it on the radio this morning (I forget why) as "one night in chyna". I'll finish my coffee when my stomach stops churning
:puke:

[quote name='Stink_Pickle']Flame me..ill get the Chyna/X-pac nudie flick when it comes out next week.[/quote]

Tape was already released..

Edge's problem is he is just not that great of a wrestler in singles. He has a really weak finisher and the only move that he has that is really decent is the spear. Mic skills are overrated because Benoit and Lesnar did just fine without them.

Edge is good in singles competition. Don't even throw that crap out there about the spear. Look at Goldberg. Like five moves, one of which was the spear. Edge is marketable.. he just couldn't sell out shows.

the TNA/WWE vid is over at pwtorrents. It's no good, though. The only person clearly interacting with them is Misterio. Now THAT would have been funny, if the only person they showed was him (it's been long enough since he hasn't worn the mask that it would be a big deal).

PWTorrents is great, but that's not where I got my stuff. I visit thesledgehammer.net. I love that site and I constantly talk to the owners. Clips from Raws and usually full PPV's are upped by posters nearly minutes after they go off the air.

[quote name='Ebraum']Blood was from Benoit, and the Ref. They both were bleeding quite a bit. The ref was laying on the other side of the ring.
Looked Benoit got hit with the frame part of the chair.[/quote]

It also looked as if Jericho caught most of his chair shot on his hand & wrist. Ouch!!!!

You know, after watching that stupid limbo contest, it really makes me sick that they released Nidia & Gail Kim (two women who actually WANTED to wrestle) and brought in some of those new bimbos.

EDIT: Whoops! I forgot about Jazz, also. She wasn't much to look at, IMHO, but she could seriously kill some of those other gals.

[quote name='mykevermin'][quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']Yeah thank god shes alright. And she put on a pretty good match for once :D[/quote]

Not to quibble with grammar, but I don't think I'd ever see someone with the tag "morbidangel4life" use the phrase "thank god." Not a big deal, I just wanted to mention it.
[/quote]

:lol: I just didn't want another dead wrestler. It would have been like Owen Hart, but less drop Not to make a joke or anything.

Coolio. Guyver, how hard would it be to make a screen cap of Lita biting the dust from last night? I totally need a new sig.

I keep thinking of her falling over, and I can't get the 2 Live Crew song "face down ass up" outta my head.

Which is awful, b/c 2 Live Crew are terrible.

myke.

[quote name='Scorch']

Edge is good in singles competition. Don't even throw that crap out there about the spear. Look at Goldberg. Like five moves, one of which was the spear. Edge is marketable.. he just couldn't sell out shows.[/quote]

What crap are you refering to? I said his spear was a decent move. I wasn't ragging on it. It can be hit on anyone and he does it better than Goldberg IMO.

The much needed change in his theme music is a big help but he has been around so long that he needs something to spark his career. He also needs to go back to using the Downward Spiral (Flatliner) as his finisher.

[quote name='Zincdust']You know, after watching that stupid limbo contest, it really makes me sick that they released Nidia & Gail Kim (two women who actually WANTED to wrestle) and brought in some of those new bimbos. [/quote]

Amen to that. That pissed me off too. Gail and Nidia were doing much better with their wrestling and they provided more than enough T and A. While I do like Chritsy, the fact that almost all the Raw Diva contestant got jobs with the WWE proves the whole thing was BS. I am getting tired of no-talent women getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to limbo, gyrate, and stupid shit like that. Those kinds of women are really starting to piss me off (as is Vince for hiring them in the first place). I can see that on the internet if I wanted. Gail had a collarbone injury (I believe), Victoria and Jazz a knee injury, and Lita almost broke her neck again. They are working just as hard as the men in the ring and they shouldn't lose their spot to some bimbo. They deserve to be treated better.

Daaamn...You don't pay attention to Raw for a couple minutes and Lita has something like that happen to her. Thank God she was alright.

I thought that was a pretty solid Raw. Hmm... looks like by the time I come back It'll be about time to open up the next Wrestling topic. Now I just have to pick the right wrestler.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']No... the trend has been someone that didn't suck. Although I did like the Repo man in Demolition.[/quote]

Owen Hart? He was awesome.

[quote name='GuilewasNK'][quote name='Zenithian Legend']I loved Jericho's man of 1,004 holds even more[/quote]
DAMN! I forgot about that, lol.[/quote]
That was a classic, one of my favorite WCW promos.. eeeeever.

And on the subject of next topic, might I suggest Bret "The Hitman" Hart. (Owen's not bad either, I just like saying "The Hitman")

Given the silence on this board, I will take that as conclusive evidence that SmackDown was an unadulterated POS program last night.

...F'N FUNAKI!?!?!

Does anyone have any plans to order Armageddon?

myke.

I'm glad Funaki is getting a shot. As long as he has been with the company he deserves at least one shot.

Hiroko looked nice in her undies! ^_^

I'd like to see her without all that makeup on just once though.

Truthfully, I was much more entertained by putting plastic in my windows and hanging curtains yesterday that I would have been ordering that show.

UT kicked out after two frog splashes? Jesus, he just made Eddie Guerrero the same way he made DDP and Kanyon.

The title storyline on Raw is one of the few positives the WWE has right now. It's regrettable that it will lead to HHH getting the title back at the Royal Rumble (or the other January show).

myke

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Seriously JBL must be giving Vince McMahon some serious spine-tingling head, because there's no reason for him to still have that title.[/quote]
I agree they should have given the belt to someone else at least till the Rumble. At this point they may even keep it on him till WM. They like to have a heel with the belt going in to WM so when he does lose, we can go home happy. All the other top tier heels on Smackdown are in programs with other people, so we're stuck with JBL.

I personally don't even watch Smackdown anymore. JBL, while hilarious, does not deserve to be holding the belt this long. I would love to see Angle get the belt back. Then I may think about watching Smackdown again. As for now, I find Raw infinitely better.

Oh man this segment is making me cringe. The guy in the front row with the sign that says "Go back to Iraq jihad joe" makes me want to scream.

I think I'll watch CNN until 10:34 (gotta account for commercials).

Crap. Scott Peterson and Bernard Kerik. Heard it all before.

myke.

[quote name='guyver2077'][quote name='dutch72']I think Mick Is going to talk about the trip to Iraq this year.[/quote]

good call[/quote]

Yeah I read It last night on ABC news

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Casey, lemme know when you want me to make a new topic since this one is over 500. Already got the next wrestler and picture ready to go.[/quote]

go ahead. If you are still up

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back