Jump Superstars (Import,DS) $9.99 at Frys.com

Beast9287

CAGiversary!
One of the hottest import games for the DS has finally reached a very low price range, it's normally found on Play-Asia.com for the average (estimated) price of 45.00 (USD), but at Frys, they have the same import game for 9.99. You get to play as characters from the Dragon Ball series, Naruto, One Piece, and other Jump series stars. To view the product, please visit the following link.

http://shop4.outpost.com/product/4745539?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

[quote name='Distrato']I got Jump Ultimate Stars for the low price of free!! Thanks R4 DS 0uu0[/quote]
Good job. You basically stole the game.

Would you like a fucking cookie?

[quote name='Distrato']I got Jump Ultimate Stars for the low price of free!! Thanks R4 DS 0uu0[/QUOTE]

Sigh.

[quote name='whoknows']I want a cookie.

Good deal, but is the game actually good or just fanservice?[/quote]

Well it seems like a big fanboy base game, but I'm not really big onto anime (only one I've probably watched was Dragon Ball Z.). The game feels and plays like Super Smash Bros. Melee's adventure mode with a bit of a twist to it.

Good deal, but is the game actually good or just fanservice?[/QUOTE]

One of the better DS fighter, though that isn't saying much. It's roughly equivalent to Super Smash Bros, solid gameplay that is enhanced by copious fan service. Not that that's really a bad thing.

If you're going to get any game, get Jump Ultimate Stars. Online play really gives it legs and it's really tough to find someone to play with unless you want the really limited one card mode.

[quote name='Distrato']I got Jump Ultimate Stars for the low price of free!! Thanks R4 DS 0uu0[/QUOTE]

hee hee ^_^;;;;; soo awesome ^_^ ;;;;;;;;; now try drinking some bleach ^_^;;;;;

One of the hottest import games for the DS has finally reached a very low price range, it's normally found on Play-Asia.com for the average (estimated) price of 45.00 (USD), but at Frys, they have the same import game for 9.99. You get to play as characters from the Dragon Ball series, Naruto, One Piece, and other Jump series stars. To view the product, please visit the following link.

http://shop4.outpost.com/product/474...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

this is tempting...but I've heard Bleach is much better (and I'm still digging bleach.)

Thanks for the notice. Unfortunately, it has the dreaded "Call for Availability" status, which usually means on Fry's that it's not currently in stock and they're not getting any more in.

[quote name='Beast9287']One of the hottest import games for the DS has finally reached a very low price range, it's normally found on Play-Asia.com for the average (estimated) price of 45.00 (USD), but at Frys, they have the same import game for 9.99. You get to play as characters from the Dragon Ball series, Naruto, One Piece, and other Jump series stars. To view the product, please visit the following link.

http://shop4.outpost.com/product/4745539?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG[/QUOTE]

I know its an import, but how is the English on this game?

[quote name='Apossum']hee hee ^_^;;;;; soo awesome ^_^ ;;;;;;;;; now try drinking some bleach ^_^;;;;;

this is tempting...but I've heard Bleach is much better (and I'm still digging bleach.)[/quote]

I've actually tried both, I like them both equally. But Bleach for DS is more linear fighting...but has a fighting similarity to Guilty Gear. Jump Superstars is a 3D platforming fighter, while Bleach is more 2D.

[quote name='foltzie']I know its an import, but how is the English on this game?[/quote]

As far as I've played it, there's very little English in the game...

[quote name='Beast9287']I've actually tried both, I like them both equally. But Bleach for DS is more linear fighting...but has a fighting similarity to Guilty Gear. Jump Superstars is a 3D platforming fighter, while Bleach is more 2D.

As far as I've played it, there's very little English in the game...[/quote]

3D??

JSS is a steal at 9.99. I'd be on this in an instant if I didnt already own it. Though JUS is better in every way, JSS is still a great game.

JSS does have a heavy language barrier if you want to unlock everything. Prepare to be tied to a gamefaqs guide if you choose to play it. But again, if you are a fan of any of the series, it's well worth it.

[quote name='Josef']Thanks for the notice. Unfortunately, it has the dreaded "Call for Availability" status, which usually means on Fry's that it's not currently in stock and they're not getting any more in.[/QUOTE]

I would have picked up the game too. Multi player looked fun on gamevideos.com

Jump Ultimate Stars is definitely the better game. Online is a blast and once you've used a GameFAQs FAQ to get you through the menus three or four times, you'll have them memorized. I hardly even notice anymore that it's not in english.

[quote name='Distrato']LOL I didn't think people here were such assholes.[/QUOTE]

Oh goddammit.

Shut the fuck up. I'm so sick of people being so proud of such bullshit, and then falling back on a "oh well u guys r teh dumbassz" response.

I'm sorry, but when you're a shithead, and then people call you out on it, don't fucking act like a crybaby bitch and blame it on them.

If you're going to be a smarmy bastard, then don't get offended when people call you a smarmy bastard.

I'm sorry logic like that won't get into your thick skull.

[quote name='Distrato']LOL I didn't think people here were such assholes.[/QUOTE]

We're cheap not pirates.

DURDURDURDUR...retard

Dang, really hope that the frys near my non-college home has this at 9.99 when I go back there for vet's day.

So, seriously, I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on ordering online to see what happens, but does anyone have any idea of how that would be handled? Would I be charged immediately? And if they never get it in again, how long until I'd be refunded?

Damn, I really would have gotten this, but we don't have a Frys nearby. :(
I've got JUS, I play regularly (I'm a vet at the GF board for it) but I still want to play JSS since some of the characters got cut, and were generally different in JUS. I wish play-asia would drop it to this price v_v

Like ive said before, this game is TOTALLY WORTH IT. Got mine for $40 and it's definetly DS game I play the most.

Multiplayer is great fun long as you have wi-fi or friends with the game (thankfully I do). Also, great depth with how you can customize your teams (a team of support characters, 3 main fighters on a team, one super powerful character, or just a diverse ring out group, etc.). Great fighter though.

The fanservice is a bonus if you enjoy the anime series, for the most part I only know a bit more then half the series (Fist of North Star, Rurouni Kenshin, Naruto, One Piece, Slam Dunk, etc.), but plenty of others all crammed in there as either playable characters, support characters or tag in quick helpers.

I put one in my cart to check out their shipping: $6.66. That's probably a good sign of what will happen to the order if I do it...

The second game is a lot better than the first game. It is also a lot more import friendly. It is worth the extra $20-30 to get the second game

[quote name='deathhawk23']Wait I'm still confused. Is the "Call For Avaliability" meaning that it's out of stock online as well?[/QUOTE]
No one seems to be able to answer this. :/

[quote name='deathhawk23']Wait I'm still confused. Is the "Call For Avaliability" meaning that it's out of stock online as well?[/QUOTE]

From my experience, yes, and they won't be getting any more in.

[quote name='Distrato']I got Jump Ultimate Stars for the low price of free!! Thanks R4 DS 0uu0[/quote]

I don't get it... What the heck is R4 DS?

And why are you guys so angry at him for it...

Note: I'm not defending him, I really just don't know what this is...

[quote name='Jiggadabaptist']I don't get it... What the heck is R4 DS?

And why are you guys so angry at him for it...

Note: I'm not defending him, I really just don't know what this is...[/QUOTE]
It's a device used to pirate DS games.

Great deal on it. I would pick it up but I got Jump Ultimate and I couldn't figure it out with all the japanese. I looked at GameFaqs which had an excellent tutorial, but I just didn't want to take the time.

Good deal, but is the game actually good or just fanservice?[/QUOTE]

I honestly don't think you would mind either way.

bread's done
Back