Jump Ultimate Stars (DS) $29.90 - Weekly Special at Play-Asia

[quote name='Rage Goblin']Daigasso recommendations? Bleh. A music game with terrible MIDI? That's like an art game in braille. I don't recommend it at all, and I'm a huge rhythm game fan.

I believe I'm in the minority there for some reason, though.[/quote]

Okay, I gotta respond to this.

When I popped Daigasso into the DS and heard the midi and played the first (very easy) levels, I thought I had made a horrible, horrible mistake. Does it all sound like this? Can I get my money back?

But I kept going. I got used to the midi and realized why it was done that way. You really are playing the songs, as opposed to hitting a button on a beat while the computer plays the song with or without you. You can play off beat, improvise, add extra notes. Your score will probably suck unless you know what you're doing, but you can do it.

Daigasso is incredibly rich -- there's a ton of songs and up to 8 instruments, each with different parts, per song. When you play along with the other parts, eventually you realize that you will have played all those parts that make up the song. That's awesome.

I love music and rhythm games. Daigasso does not have the best sounding music, but it is far and away the music game that is closest to actually playing and making music. No, even that's not right. You are making music with Daigasso. And it's still as fun and challenging as any rhythm game.

As much as I love the Ouendans, I would probably place Daigasso as my favorite DS game.

[quote name='RollingSkull']fuck it, you only live once. In for one. Those crazy Japanese niggers always pickpocketing my cash.[/quote]

Agreed! I picked up a copy of Jump Superstars and I love it. I can't wait to be able to play Jump online :bouncy: thats the one problem with Superstars, very few people have it to play against.

For infromation on how to play it
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/933199/45856

That should help me get through it.

bread's done
Back