June @Gamer $5 DA2, $10 R3, $5 Deadliest Warrior, $20 SCV, $30 SSX, $10 MLB11(used)

mgorsi

CAGiversary!
Thanks to loxthefox for posting these on May @Gamer Thread. (I think it deserved its own thread)

Cover - Call of Duty Black Ops 2

All Coupons are Valid from 06/05/12 THRU 07/14/12

$30 off SSX ($59.99 sale price, $29.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##3##4&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$20 off Soul Calibur V ($39.99 sale price, $19.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

$20 off Resistance 3 ($29.99 MSRP, $9.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Resista...?id=1218348182395&skuId=2674157&st=resistance 3&lp=2&cp=1

$15 off Dragon Age II ($19.99 MSRP, $4.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dragon+...52.p?id=1218279827966&skuId=1685052&st=dragon age 2&lp=2&cp=1

$20 off Deadliest Warrior ($24.99 MSRP, $4.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##3##4&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$40 off Triton AX headset - after coupon (AX 720 $90) (AX Pro $130) - tip- These might go on sale throughout June, so I'd wait for it, if not buy it on last week.

$20 off MLB 11 The Show (used) - ($10 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/MLB+11:...26411.p?id=1218347234963&skuId=2726411&st=MLB 11 the show&lp=1&cp=1

$10 off 1 used game $29.99 and up

Can be stacked on games on Sale!!

Thanks to Enuf for the following information from @gamer May issue -

MAGAZINE DETAILS

***You DO NOT have to be "UNLOCKED"($15 PAID MEMBERSHIP) to use the coupons & it's NOT tied to your RZ account just buy the mag and use the coupons***

Mag Prices - $5 single issue, $15 year sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months of coupons overlaps)
$15 also covers BB unlocked bonuses(10% off used + 10% extra trade-in)

SUBSCRIBING - (In-Store vs Online)
In-Store - You get the current months mag for FREE JUST HAVE THEM SCAN IT when you bring the subscription receipt($15) from the gaming pre-order kiosk. Keep this receipt in the event you don't get the next months mag & a gaming rep MAY allow you to use a store copy until you start getting yours in the mail. It's usually 6-8 weeks BEFORE you should start receiving your 1st issue.

Online - You pay the $15 subscription price just as you do in-store but you don't get the free instant copy(EVEN IF YOU GO IN-STORE AFTER DOING IT ONLINE) & it's usually 4-6 weeks BEFORE you should start receiving your 1st issue.

New Digital Mag/Coupon FAQ
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...al/ba-p/501887

Complete BB Gamers Club Unlocked FAQ'S + Details
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/earning/?gamersClub
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-...11/td-p/320180

You will now start earning RZ points for trade-ins as well starting 3/1
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-...ns/td-p/452753

BestBuy Trade-in Estimator
http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/Quo...c=799007770206

These coupon threads have a far more extensive OP's & should answer most general questions about Gamers club & the coupons overall
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320226
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=316177

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DCpinoy']Not sure. But apparently Julys issue has been mailed out already. According to the site mine has been shipped.[/QUOTE]
Where do you see this at?

[quote name='Tsel']Where do you see this at?[/QUOTE]

The @gamer website. It should say something like last issue mailed out: July Issue.

[quote name='DCpinoy']The @gamer website. It should say something like last issue mailed out: July Issue.[/QUOTE]
I didn't even know there was an @gamer website?

Please forgive my ignorance here, I did read the original post but I just want to confirm before making the trip: I can walk into any Best Buy this morning, purchase this mag and effectively get SSX for $15?

[quote name='Turbojugend']Please forgive my ignorance here, I did read the original post but I just want to confirm before making the trip: I can walk into any Best Buy this morning, purchase this mag and effectively get SSX for $15?[/QUOTE]

yes.

you should probably just sign up for the subscription at $15 and get SSX for $10 rather than buying a single issue for $5. It's not like this is the only deal you'll want to get in on. Their coupons are fantastic.

[quote name='whitereflection']No! They're a huge selling point for the magazine, why would they do that? They'll be sent to you by e-mail.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, thanks! No more wastes of paper for me!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I actually thought the coupons were still sent to you physically via snail mail when you signed up for the digital subscription.[/QUOTE]

They've made the switch to all digital now. They used to mail them, but this last month they sent out emails where you could print your coupons.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']They've made the switch to all digital now. They used to mail them, but this last month they sent out emails where you could print your coupons.[/QUOTE]

i hope you are not serious, ppl on sd is going to have a field day if this is true

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']They've made the switch to all digital now. They used to mail them, but this last month they sent out emails where you could print your coupons.[/QUOTE]
That's absolutely stupid then. If the changes Enuf keeps mentioning that they're going to put into effect are true, then allowing printable coupons for the digital subscribers will be like going two steps forward and three steps back.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's absolutely stupid then. If the changes Enuf keeps mentioning that they're going to put into effect are true, then allowing printable coupons for the digital subscribers will be like going two steps forward and three steps back.:roll:[/QUOTE]

The printable ones are unique one time use coupons with your name printed on them. More like RZ vouchers than in mag coupons.

[quote name='jacknicklson']I love how you say sd like the same thing won't happen here[/QUOTE]

well, alot of the people on sd, are also members and lurkers on this site as well, just look at their usernames

[quote name='YBX87']well, alot of the people on sd, are also members and lurkers on this site as well, just look at their usernames[/QUOTE]
I'm on both SD and FW besides here, but I'm not that dumb to use the same user name on all three sites or on Amazon/eBay when I resell.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I honestly don't know why BB didn't just do that with the physical copies of the magazine that go out as well. That and putting the in-store copies in sealed plastic bags to prevent cheap bastards from ripping the coupons out w/o paying for the mag.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's a catch 22 I guess? You want to encourage purchase of the magazine/subscriptions so you want to provide the coupons instantly, but at the same time you want to prevent fraud.

BB needs to do one thing mainly:

Train employees to only accept magazine hardcopies (on the card stock, with both sides on them) or digital printed ones with the unique barcode.

Now for in store purchases I honestly think they should have done one of two things - send the sheets of coupons separately and have employees hand a sheet to everyone for each magazine they purchase or make it so that when you subscribe to @Gamer you can go to the kiosk, enter your RZ info and the Kiosk will then print your coupons for that month.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Well, it's a catch 22 I guess? You want to encourage purchase of the magazine/subscriptions so you want to provide the coupons instantly, but at the same time you want to prevent fraud.

BB needs to do one thing mainly:

Train employees to only accept magazine hardcopies (on the card stock, with both sides on them) or digital printed ones with the unique barcode.

Now for in store purchases I honestly think they should have done one of two things - send the sheets of coupons separately and have employees hand a sheet to everyone for each magazine they purchase or make it so that when you subscribe to @Gamer you can go to the kiosk, enter your RZ info and the Kiosk will then print your coupons for that month.[/QUOTE]

i notice that in my bb recently, they are keeping the mag behind the gaming counter under the draw

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I honestly don't know why BB didn't just do that with the physical copies of the magazine that go out as well.
[/QUOTE]

Because that doesn't make any sense economically. It's easy to generate for computers but not to print out one by one on the presses.

Was at Best Buy this morning when they opened and got the last copy of SSX for 360.

Didn't notice if they has SCV in stock or not. Did see NCAA '12 for $9.99 marked on shelf but saw in another thread that pice likely wouldn't ring up as such now.

Still no sign of DW for 360 but had a few copies for PS3 left.

Weirdest thing? The employee at the register asked me how much the @G subscription service was bc she always sees people using the coupons. I told her $15 for a year and she said "well you just got your money back using one coupon....it seems Best Buy has to be losing money out of that". I just laughed.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I hope we get some vita coupons next month. Its time for them now as its been out for a few months[/QUOTE]I've already suggested that they increase the total # of coupons per month to go along with adding WiiU, Vita & 3DS coupons too.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's absolutely stupid then. If the changes Enuf keeps mentioning that they're going to put into effect are true, then allowing printable coupons for the digital subscribers will be like going two steps forward and three steps back.:roll:[/QUOTE]The 1st change will be requiring the RZ card to be scanned for the pc to allow the coupons to work. BB will never cut out a person from paying another $5 for another mag but while they monitor people's activity if they consistantly continue to see "trends/patterns" of coupons scans that don't equal a close % of subs/single mag sales then change will come.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm on both SD and FW besides here, but I'm not that dumb to use the same user name on all three sites or on Amazon/eBay when I resell.;)[/QUOTE]

OOO OOO! I'm good at this! Let me guess...

SlickDealer and IHaveTheFattestWallet? am I close?

Well i snagged another resistance 3 so i now have offically used the main coupons twice lol. This months coupons were great, lets lets team up with enuf to make them even better ! One request i have is to replace the head set one with something else. Does every issue of the mag need a head set coupon ?

[quote name='strait edge follower']Well i snagged another resistance 3 so i now have offically used the main coupons twice lol. This months coupons were great, lets lets team up with enuf to make them even better ! One request i have is to replace the head set one with something else. Does every issue of the mag need a head set coupon ?[/QUOTE]There's more behind the scenes with the headset coupons which is why they don't stack as often as games but when the did $15-$20 good deals on quality ones. I'd like to see them double the amount of coupons & have a PS3/360 set, 3DS/Vita set, random accessory rotation coupons & finally at least 3 used games coupons(game specific rotation & $10 off $20 - $25 games & $10-$15 off $35 games).

If you look at my links for improvements it doesn't matter what type of game buyer you are you'll win...day 1, coupon crazy, clearance, b2g1/b1g1, $20 or less & $10 or less I got you covered.

More credit given for SE/LE/CE that cost more than $60 would be the best.
Getting the $10 for spending $150 back would basically keep $10 certs rolling in 2X a month if you really add to your backlog.

Just look at the ideas
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/idb-p/IdeaX

BB still needs to do more on their end too we need online access for the coupons & their system needs to get fixed with the pre-order process.

[quote name='Enuf']
If you look at my links for improvements it doesn't matter what type of game buyer you are you'll win...day 1, coupon crazy, clearance, b2g1/b1g1, $20 or less & $10 or less I got you covered.
[/QUOTE]
Enuf,

I have some breaking news from my area. I decided to get another ssx and soul calibur so I went to buy the magazine with the games. However, I was denied the sale this time because I was gamer unlocked.

I then tried a different best buy where I knew I wouldn't be recognized. Couldn't even find the mags at this location so I took my games to the regular non-gaming register to avoid the gaming department. I asked the cashier for a mag, knowing she would just send over a clerk to get it and I could avoid being noticed. The clerk searched to no avail and the gaming guy told her they got rid of all the mags so that it couldn't be bought by members or non-members alike!

Looks like the crackdowns have begun, and my district is the first to fall. This happened within the last 48 hrs because I successfully purchased magazines and games multiple times this week.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Enuf,

I have some breaking news from my area. I decided to get another ssx and soul calibur so I went to buy the magazine with the games. However, I was denied the sale this time because I was gamer unlocked.

I then tried a different best buy where I knew I wouldn't be recognized. Couldn't even find the mags at this location so I took my games to the regular non-gaming register to avoid the gaming department. I asked the cashier for a mag, knowing she would just send over a clerk to get it and I could avoid being noticed. The clerk searched to no avail and the gaming guy told her they got rid of all the mags so that it couldn't be bought by members or non-members alike!

Looks like the crackdowns have begun, and my district is the first to fall. This happened within the last 48 hrs because I successfully purchased magazines and games multiple times this week.[/QUOTE]
Hope that just your area and not nationwide. :whistle2:#

Im afraid that Its going to get to the point where they wont carry the mags in store anymore and that you can only get them through the sub. Each gaming kosik would probibly keep a copy handy so non members can look at it. That way they can advertise it and get more people to subscribe and at the same time not have people use multiples. I really hope this doesnt happen though :(

[quote name='PublikDefender']Enuf,

Looks like the crackdowns have begun, and my district is the first to fall. This happened within the last 48 hrs because I successfully purchased magazines and games multiple times this week.[/QUOTE]Doesn't make sense you're not doing it the wrong way. If your purchasing another mag then that will not red flag the coupons in the system & at the 2nd store getting rid of inventory wouldn't be acceptable by manager until they expired but many BB's I visit still have mags from early 2011. But we're putting the cart before the horse...the 1st stage would be a system wide issue getting coupons to work w/o the RZ card being scanned. Once you see people reporting pc error up until the RZ card is scanned then it's begun. I think your local BB's are making their own rules to combat the abuse based of the stores experience not a directive from corp.

The system is the key thing to watch I'd suggest you get the mags & purchase away from the gaming area. Did you make the early purchases @ the 1st BB? Is there anyway that it's just one of their reps who just kept seeing you?

[quote name='strait edge follower']Im afraid that Its going to get to the point where they wont carry the mags in store anymore and that you can only get them through the sub. Each gaming kosik would probibly keep a copy handy so non members can look at it. That way they can advertise it and get more people to subscribe and at the same time not have people use multiples. I really hope this doesnt happen though :([/QUOTE]
Thank the people who rip the coupons out without buying the magazine.

^^^ correct we may see changes in the in=store packaging of the mags to combat this

[quote name='strait edge follower']Im afraid that Its going to get to the point where they wont carry the mags in store anymore and that you can only get them through the sub. Each gaming kosik would probibly keep a copy handy so non members can look at it. That way they can advertise it and get more people to subscribe and at the same time not have people use multiples. I really hope this doesnt happen though :([/QUOTE]Won't happen they want the $5 sales too it's the fact that they can see so many more coupon scan purchases being made & the revenue that should be getting generated in either $5 or $15 form isn't adding up.

[quote name='Enuf']Doesn't make sense you're not doing it the wrong way. If your purchasing another mag then that will not red flag the coupons in the system & at the 2nd store getting rid of inventory wouldn't be acceptable by manager until they expired but many BB's I visit still have mags from early 2011. But we're putting the cart before the horse...the 1st stage would be a system wide issue getting coupons to work w/o the RZ card being scanned. Once you see people reporting pc error up until the RZ card is scanned then it's begun. I think your local BB's are making their own rules to combat the abuse based of the stores experience not a directive from corp.

The system is the key thing to watch I'd suggest you get the mags & purchase away from the gaming area. Did you make the early purchases @ the 1st BB? Is there anyway that it's just one of their reps who just kept seeing you?[/QUOTE]
No, it was a completely different rep than any of the other times this week. Previously, I didn't use one coupon for multiple game and certainly didn't steal coupons or magazines. Did everything on the up and up.

[quote name='PublikDefender']No, it was a completely different rep than any of the other times this week. Previously, I didn't use one coupon for multiple game and certainly didn't steal coupons or magazines. Did everything on the up and up.[/QUOTE]well your account isn't flagged the only other thing I can think of would be that store was either recently taken and/or store manager got an earfull about some fraud that they allowed or el hoardo & then they just went way overboard on their own.

[quote name='Enuf']well your account isn't flagged the only other thing I can think of would be that store was either recently taken and/or store manager got an earfull about some fraud that they allowed or el hoardo & then they just went way overboard on their own.[/QUOTE]
Oh, and one other thing. I was trading in games and the clerk refused to allow me to trade in the same game for different systems. I tried Michael Jackson Experience ps3 and 3ds. I politely told him it was OK because they were for different systems and had different skus but he said the manager doesn't allow that anymore. I've never had this problem before and I haven't traded in the same game for the same system since they started banning people. This was the clerk at the first store (who I hardly see) so I'm not sure whether that is also new in my area or if he misunderstood the manager.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Oh, and one other thing. I was trading in games and the clerk refused to allow me to trade in the same game for different systems. I tried Michael Jackson Experience ps3 and 3ds. I politely told him it was OK because they were for different systems and had different skus but he said the manager doesn't allow that anymore. I've never had this problem before and I haven't traded in the same game for the same system since they started banning people. This was the clerk at the first store (who I hardly see) so I'm not sure whether that is also new in my area or if he misunderstood the manager.[/QUOTE]

this is exactly why best buy will never dethrone gamestop. gamestop takes virtually everything within the current gen. best buy is highly YMMV and has untrained employees and seems to not want to build up stock of used games. no matter how great frequent B2G1 sales are if the stock sucks...then it is pointless

agreed, the 10 off 19.99 preowned was sooo much better, especially when it stacked with sale prices.

[quote name='iduncurr']I only have one thing to say...I really hope they don't do $10 off pre-owned games 29.99 and up again.[/QUOTE]

My store restocked on SSX and Soul Calibur V for ps3 the nice clerk went to the back and found a box with both. So you might swing by if your store was out earlier in the week.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Im afraid that Its going to get to the point where they wont carry the mags in store anymore and that you can only get them through the sub. Each gaming kosik would probibly keep a copy handy so non members can look at it. That way they can advertise it and get more people to subscribe and at the same time not have people use multiples. I really hope this doesnt happen though :([/QUOTE]

They did not keep any issues on the shelves at my local store - there actually wasn't even a mention of them or the club on any advertising. I had to ask to sign up for unlocked and then had to ask if I could get the latest issue for free since I was signing up - only then did they pull out a stack from beneath the gaming counter. Didn't have any issues after that except for some strange looks from the cashier when the total dropped from over $100 down to around $25 after the coupons were scanned.

[quote name='technicalstylez']agreed, the 10 off 19.99 preowned was sooo much better, especially when it stacked with sale prices.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. I'm more willing to pay $7-8 for a $20 pre-owned title after coupon & GCU discount than I am to pay $16-17 for a $30 title, especially due to the prices on games dropping so quickly nowadays.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Oh, and one other thing. I was trading in games and the clerk refused to allow me to trade in the same game for different systems. I tried Michael Jackson Experience ps3 and 3ds. I politely told him it was OK because they were for different systems and had different skus but he said the manager doesn't allow that anymore. I've never had this problem before and I haven't traded in the same game for the same system since they started banning people. This was the clerk at the first store (who I hardly see) so I'm not sure whether that is also new in my area or if he misunderstood the manager.[/QUOTE]It's sounds like the store(s) in your area have had extreme levels of theft/fraud/abuse & the district manager may have spoken to the stores who have been hit the worse but it's clearly only in your area at this point. My best advice is to not be obvious as much as possible even though your aren't doing anything wrong just let whatever is going on blow over.

[quote name='iduncurr']I only have one thing to say...I really hope they don't do $10 off pre-owned games 29.99 and up again.[/QUOTE]The coupon isn't really for US...the non-CAG's are being sucked in on this coupon as they compare the $55 GS price & we instead look at the complete value + big pic. No worries as these people's money allows us to get $5-15 games. I'm working on something that will hopefully get another full sheet of coupons added to the mags(total of 16). More diversity of coupons on all systems(handhelds included) & coupons that work on specific games + ones that can be used on any game in certain price ranges. This will mean less months where people are only using 1-2 coupons & from BB's point of view more foot traffic(and if they hurry up & allow them to be used online web traffic).

I'll post the links accordingly as usual.

So I went in today to trade in a few games, and since I'm unlocked, I mentioned that I still haven't gotten my June mag. I joined the unlocked program on 6/2/12, two days before the new June issue came out. I asked if they could do a courtesy scan of said coupons. At first, they wanted my receipt for the gamers zone unlocked (which of course I didn't have). Then they said they could look up the receipt at customer service, void out a magazine, and we'd be good to go.

Not even two minutes later, the manager flat out denies me a courtesy scan, and also denies giving me a June magazine via what I just described. My only options were to call customer service, or to repurchase the mag. Since the games are going off sale soon, I purchased another copy of the mag. I had no issues with the coupons of course, but everything leading up to that point was less than ideal.

Has anyone that is unlocked ever bought the mag, then complained to BBY's customer service about having to do so? I'm not looking for a freebie here, but if they could extend my monthly sub, that would be great...

[quote name='mtxbass1']So I went in today to trade in a few games, and since I'm unlocked, I mentioned that I still haven't gotten my June mag. I joined the unlocked program on 6/2/12, two days before the new June issue came out. I asked if they could do a courtesy scan of said coupons. At first, they wanted my receipt for the gamers zone unlocked (which of course I didn't have). Then they said they could look up the receipt at customer service, void out a magazine, and we'd be good to go.

Not even two minutes later, the manager flat out denies me a courtesy scan, and also denies giving me a June magazine via what I just described. My only options were to call customer service, or to repurchase the mag. Since the games are going off sale soon, I purchased another copy of the mag. I had no issues with the coupons of course, but everything leading up to that point was less than ideal.

Has anyone that is unlocked ever bought the mag, then complained to BBY's customer service about having to do so? I'm not looking for a freebie here, but if they could extend my monthly sub, that would be great...[/QUOTE]bad bad CS
1-call @gamer CS 1-800-678-3643 to try & get the extention
2-If you're RZ silver call the hotline explain the rudeness situation they will probably offer RZ points to you for in the inconvience.
3-On the bottom of your receipt there's a feedback section FILL IT OUT! I can't stress this enough. There's no excuse for bad/rude CS don't let stores get away with it.

Another "side effect" of this could be you getting in good with the store manager which will allow you to get more "leadway" on deals that would normally be a hassle. Having the ability to call/email the store manager and/or make your purchases when they're there means less headache.

bread's done
Back