June @Gamer $5 DA2, $10 R3, $5 Deadliest Warrior, $20 SCV, $30 SSX, $10 MLB11(used)

mgorsi

CAGiversary!
Thanks to loxthefox for posting these on May @Gamer Thread. (I think it deserved its own thread)

Cover - Call of Duty Black Ops 2

All Coupons are Valid from 06/05/12 THRU 07/14/12

$30 off SSX ($59.99 sale price, $29.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##3##4&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$20 off Soul Calibur V ($39.99 sale price, $19.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

$20 off Resistance 3 ($29.99 MSRP, $9.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Resista...?id=1218348182395&skuId=2674157&st=resistance 3&lp=2&cp=1

$15 off Dragon Age II ($19.99 MSRP, $4.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dragon+...52.p?id=1218279827966&skuId=1685052&st=dragon age 2&lp=2&cp=1

$20 off Deadliest Warrior ($24.99 MSRP, $4.99 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##3##4&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

$40 off Triton AX headset - after coupon (AX 720 $90) (AX Pro $130) - tip- These might go on sale throughout June, so I'd wait for it, if not buy it on last week.

$20 off MLB 11 The Show (used) - ($10 after coupon)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/MLB+11:...26411.p?id=1218347234963&skuId=2726411&st=MLB 11 the show&lp=1&cp=1

$10 off 1 used game $29.99 and up

Can be stacked on games on Sale!!

Thanks to Enuf for the following information from @gamer May issue -

MAGAZINE DETAILS

***You DO NOT have to be "UNLOCKED"($15 PAID MEMBERSHIP) to use the coupons & it's NOT tied to your RZ account just buy the mag and use the coupons***

Mag Prices - $5 single issue, $15 year sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months of coupons overlaps)
$15 also covers BB unlocked bonuses(10% off used + 10% extra trade-in)

SUBSCRIBING - (In-Store vs Online)
In-Store - You get the current months mag for FREE JUST HAVE THEM SCAN IT when you bring the subscription receipt($15) from the gaming pre-order kiosk. Keep this receipt in the event you don't get the next months mag & a gaming rep MAY allow you to use a store copy until you start getting yours in the mail. It's usually 6-8 weeks BEFORE you should start receiving your 1st issue.

Online - You pay the $15 subscription price just as you do in-store but you don't get the free instant copy(EVEN IF YOU GO IN-STORE AFTER DOING IT ONLINE) & it's usually 4-6 weeks BEFORE you should start receiving your 1st issue.

New Digital Mag/Coupon FAQ
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...al/ba-p/501887

Complete BB Gamers Club Unlocked FAQ'S + Details
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/earning/?gamersClub
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-...11/td-p/320180

You will now start earning RZ points for trade-ins as well starting 3/1
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-...ns/td-p/452753

BestBuy Trade-in Estimator
http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/Quo...c=799007770206

These coupon threads have a far more extensive OP's & should answer most general questions about Gamers club & the coupons overall
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320226
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=316177

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You also forgot:

Medal Of Honor for $5, Mass Effect 2 for $5 and I'm pretty sure that Batman: Arkham City was given a $20 off coupon in conjunction with a $30 sale price another time as well besides March.[/QUOTE]

They forgot nothing... it was a list of personal deals they got, not every deal that was possible. This is very evident by the complete lack of Homefront for 1.92 or something.

[quote name='admiralvic']They forgot nothing... it was a list of personal deals they got, not every deal that was possible. This is very evident by the complete lack of Homefront for 1.92 or something.[/QUOTE]
If you notice though, I quoted Enuf, who was mentioning other @Gamer coupon deal games.;):booty:

I already had 3 june magazines from buying Deadliest Warrior, Dragon Age, etc. I bought 2 more magazines today and bought 5 SSX and 5 Soul Calibur. I used rewardzone for everything. Hopefully they look and see that I bought magazines for all the coupons I used. I bought all the magazines with my rewardzone too I think (except for my subscription magazine I got in the mail). People stealing and photocopying coupons should be punished, but hopefully people who legitimately paid for everything are alright.

[quote name='Enuf']heads up[/QUOTE]

They need to lock up the mags. Some months ago, I checked the inside of a mag before buying it(because of the stories here about people taking them) and the coupon page was ripped out!

Also, this comment below isn't going to help them. The employees NEED TO BE TRAINED(lol) to take the coupons!:roll:

No offense, fortunado. Just using that as a point of Best Buy is taking 1 1/2 steps forward and 1 step back.

[quote name='fortunado']GREAT coupon month! Just picked up SSX & SCV ... guy just scanned my coupons, didn't tear em out so I'll pick up 2 more copies later this week.[/QUOTE]

my bb keeps them locked up in the glass case for that very reason. i dont mind at all since it scares most of the sketchy people away.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']They need to lock up the mags. Some months ago, I checked the inside of a mag before buying it(because of the stories here about people taking them) and the coupon page was ripped out!
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You also forgot:

Medal Of Honor for $5, Mass Effect 2 for $5 and I'm pretty sure that Batman: Arkham City was given a $20 off coupon in conjunction with a $30 sale price another time as well besides March.[/QUOTE]$10 resistance 3 too I believe. & yes, B:AC was $10 twice also the gears of war coupon made that game free to but YMMV b/c it was set to scan up $15

This is honestly the first month where I've used nearly every coupon in an issue (well, actually, in two copies of the same issue :razz:).

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']They need to lock up the mags. Some months ago, I checked the inside of a mag before buying it(because of the stories here about people taking them) and the coupon page was ripped out!

Also, this comment below isn't going to help them. The employees NEED TO BE TRAINED(lol) to take the coupons!:roll:

No offense, fortunado. Just using that as a point of Best Buy is taking 1 1/2 steps forward and 1 step back.[/QUOTE]

best buy employees need to be trained period. they need to know GCU isnt stacking and therefore double dipping. its allowed. they need to know coupons do work on sale prices. they also need to know GCU 10% works on all purchases of a used game so if you buy three used games it works., they also need to know GCU works with B2G1 sales. and i cannot stress this enough they need to know GCU DOES NOT FREAKIN COUNT AS A STACK AKA TWO COUPONS TOGETHER OR TWO SALES TOGETHER!!!!

oh and then managers at least from the stories here need to know they have to damn well honor there prices even if deadlest warrior for example is 19.99 with a coupon and free. they have to honor that crap. none of this BS bump it up to 29.99 or 24.99. yes we can argue this was best buy making a pricing error but the fact is they made it and should have to honor it. also it is appalling to see how fast that is fixed but yet the fisaco around the holidays last year occured and took forever to fix.

Chunli
Kanye
I agree BB needs to clean up the basics too it's been going on for too long. But I'd rather them have everything simplified for the good customers 1st & then focus on weeding out the snakes. Having the good sales results works in our favor on them changing things to improve the program.

[quote name='Enuf']Chunli
Kanye
I agree BB needs to clean up the basics too it's been going on for too long. But I'd rather them have everything simplified for the good customers 1st & then focus on weeding out the snakes. Having the good sales results works in our favor on them changing things to improve the program.[/QUOTE]
Any word on what the andoid app is called that people are using?

I tried all the best buy apps in google play and they just link to my rewardzone account. I don't see the coupons and I'm gamer unlocked.
Had to have the clerk use one of his store magazines because my magazine didn't come in yet and he didn't know what the app is called.

Ok, so maybe I'm a heathen an such, but does ANYONE else admit to ripping a coupon out of the magazine while in store?

One a month in the mag just doesn't cut it for me sometimes. For instance, i lack the coupon now and I'd really like to pick Skyrim back up before Tuesday when Dawnguard releases, but $40.99 after GCU is still too much for my taste..

[quote name='jcp42877']Ok, so maybe I'm a heathen an such, but does ANYONE else admit to ripping a coupon out of the magazine while in store?

One a month in the mag just doesn't cut it for me sometimes. For instance, i lack the coupon now and I'd really like to pick Skyrim back up before Tuesday when Dawnguard releases, but $40.99 after GCU is still too much for my taste..[/QUOTE]

If I saw you do this in my local BB, it would take some superhuman restraint to hold back my righteous wrath and not smack you.
:boxing:

P.S. - How ironic is it that you admit to doing this yet your profile tag is "CAGin' Legit"??

July and August is a joint issue (they only print ten issues per year) so hopefully it's good.. There won't be a new issue after the next one until September.

[quote name='TooPoor']Played SSX for some time, not really as fun as I thought it would be...[/QUOTE]

Evolution studios (the people who made the motorstorm games) really should make a cool boarders game for the ps3, that would be amazing !

[quote name='Dund3r']If I saw you do this in my local BB, it would take some superhuman restraint to hold back my righteous wrath and not smack you.
:boxing:

P.S. - How ironic is it that you admit to doing this yet your profile tag is "CAGin' Legit"??[/QUOTE]

Yea, I figured I wouldn't get anyone else agreeing. I've actually only done it once.

And my sig is that because I normally AM cag'in legit. I never trade a mass of games to best buy to get banned, so im not some flipper, I'm premier silver and have spent $4000+ at BBY in the past year and a half.

I figure they can do with giving me that one extra used game coupon considering I'm STILL spending money on the game amoung other items as well while I'm at the store.

[quote name='technicalstylez']eh,, if can spend 4k at bby in a yr and a 1/2, $5 for an extra mag w/coupons shouldn't be a big deal.[/QUOTE]
^This

Saving about $100 by paying $5 seems like a no brainer to me.

It's one thing to be a cheap ass gamer and it's another to be an outright thief.

I'll admit to being morally grey and trying to find loop holes in promos and such but I always thought that to being crafty...not doing something illegal.

[quote name='Scorch']July and August is a joint issue (they only print ten issues per year) so hopefully it's good.. There won't be a new issue after the next one until September.[/QUOTE]But something tells me from the Sept. issue to the last one in 2012 will be amazingly good.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jcp42877']Yea, I figured I wouldn't get anyone else agreeing. I've actually only done it once.

And my sig is that because I normally AM cag'in legit. I never trade a mass of games to best buy to get banned, so im not some flipper, I'm premier silver and have spent $4000+ at BBY in the past year and a half.

I figure they can do with giving me that one extra used game coupon considering I'm STILL spending money on the game amoung other items as well while I'm at the store.[/QUOTE]
If you spend $4k suddenly that makes it ok to STEAL $5 in coupons? Is your integrity worth so little?

[quote name='Enuf']But something tells me from the Sept. issue to the last one in 2012 will be amazingly good.

That's the difference between U & the people who are going to get the program changed up.
1-They're not spending @ BB without coming in with the INTENT to cheat the system ie not a loyal customer.
2-They are a flippers/hoarders/outright thieves

This is what it boils down to in a nutshell

there's what 1200 BB stores, say they lose 100(ave. 25/week) $15 subs per month per store. 1200 store times $1500 that's $1.8 million lost each month. That loss negates 720 RZ silver members purchases.

So it would take 8640 people to spend $2500 just to break even on the yearly loss from this. I don't think many stores can overcome completely whiping out 8500+ customers total yearly purchases.[/QUOTE]i think I love you enuf

On a different note, picked up SSX and dragon age 2. Pretty good deals, and I didn't have any moral whining moments at all when picking it up or reading the OPs post in this thread.

Okay, I'm a little unclear about some things and I have checked the OP's post. So I'm just going to ask the questions:

1. I know the OP says that I will get the magazine as soon as I subscribe in store, so that's great. Just to be sure though I assume this means I'll be able to use the Gamer's Unlocked thing for a trade-in that day as well? Additionally, is the 100% extra still going on and can I use that credit that day?

2. The coupons for SSX, SCV, and DA2 are for new copies, right?

3. Does anyone know if the single issue prints (like how next month's should be for July and August) usually last both of those months, or do they expire in July?

4. Anyone know what the Instant Coupons are for signing up in store?

5. Should I sign up for RewardZone before signing up for the membership or does it not matter?

Thanks, and look forward to finally getting to a BB on Wednesday!

I'd suggest not signing up for @gamer if you haven't since it takes 6-8 weeks to get first magazine. Buy this one for $5, them subscribe so you easily get the double issue for July and then you should be rolling after that.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Okay, I'm a little unclear about some things and I have checked the OP's post. So I'm just going to ask the questions:

1. I know the OP says that I will get the magazine as soon as I subscribe in store, so that's great. Just to be sure though I assume this means I'll be able to use the Gamer's Unlocked thing for a trade-in that day as well? Additionally, is the 100% extra still going on and can I use that credit that day?

2. The coupons for SSX, SCV, and DA2 are for new copies, right?

3. Does anyone know if the single issue prints (like how next month's should be for July and August) usually last both of those months, or do they expire in July?

4. Anyone know what the Instant Coupons are for signing up in store?

5. Should I sign up for RewardZone before signing up for the membership or does it not matter?

Thanks, and look forward to finally getting to a BB on Wednesday![/QUOTE]

1. You will get this month's magazine as soon as you sign up, being it's almost the end of June, chances are you won't get the July/August magazine since my account shows those already shipped - maybe if you sign up for digital?

2. Yes, they are all new copies.

3. Coupons usually last for the length of the magazine period.

4. I don't know what coupons they give in store, but I got mailed a welcome package a few months after signing up that included B2G1 on used, 50% off a strategy guide, B2G1 new games up to a certain price, and one more coupon.

5. You need to be a RZ member to be GCU but if you do not have a RZ account they will sign you up at the time so it should be no problem.

[quote name='ijustw1n']I'd suggest not signing up for @gamer if you haven't since it takes 6-8 weeks to get first magazine. Buy this one for $5, them subscribe so you easily get the double issue for July and then you should be rolling after that.[/QUOTE]

Don't they give you this one for free when you sign up in store? If not, I'm rarely at BB so maybe I will just buy this one for $5 then and use the coupons.

Cool thanks. I'm hoping they have this month's coupon book and not the next two months's anyhow so ideally that's how it is when I get there on Wednesday. For reference, anyone know what is on the cover of the magazine's June issue? Just want to be sure I'm getting the right one.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Cool thanks. I'm hoping they have this month's coupon book and not the next two months's anyhow so ideally that's how it is when I get there on Wednesday. For reference, anyone know what is on the cover of the magazine's June issue? Just want to be sure I'm getting the right one.[/QUOTE]

Black Ops 2 is on the cover.

[quote name='ijustw1n']I'd suggest not signing up for @gamer if you haven't since it takes 6-8 weeks to get first magazine. Buy this one for $5, them subscribe so you easily get the double issue for July and then you should be rolling after that.[/QUOTE]plus bring the receipt back from the $5 mag & have them apply it to the $15 sub price. YMMV but several CAG has reported success.

i have never purchased so many games and for so cheap.
—especially at best buy.

Resistance 3-$10
Soul Cal V-$10
Deadliest Warrior-$5

Damn! i got my hands full, not to mention i just signed up for PS plus and have 12 free games to play.
Was a great time for me to pick up my first PS3 about a month ago when it was $199.99 with free copy of Batman Arkham City.
Thanks CAG's for keeping me gaming on the cheap!

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']1. You will get this month's magazine as soon as you sign up, being it's almost the end of June, chances are you won't get the July/August magazine since my account shows those already shipped - maybe if you sign up for digital?
[/QUOTE]

Where in your account does it show the shipment status of magazines? I signed up in the beginning of June and i made sure that I was signed up for the physical copies + double checked my address on file. I'm hoping that I get July/August on time >< lol

[quote name='MellowSeth']Where in your account does it show the shipment status of magazines? I signed up in the beginning of June and i made sure that I was signed up for the physical copies + double checked my address on file. I'm hoping that I get July/August on time >< lol[/QUOTE]

When you log in under "Order Details" it will have "Last Issue Mailed:" and a date for it. Mine says July 1, 2012.

[quote name='Scorch']July and August is a joint issue (they only print ten issues per year) so hopefully it's good.. There won't be a new issue after the next one until September.[/QUOTE]
Oh good, then I will be sure to get the GCU in July then since they give you the first issue in stores. I was always hesitant to do the GCU but this month pushed me over the edge. R3, SCV and SSX are all steals. I think the reason I never did BB was there used stock always sucked compared to GS but these coupons will make up for it.

just picked up the last copies of SSX, and Resistance. $7.50 each with coupons and an extra $5 gift. Now only if i can find a time to play these games!! I have like 12 titles that I want/must/have to play...

Damn, after not getting Dragon Age II with the coupon earlier in the coupon cycle, this turned out to be a pretty good month.

Resistance 3 $9.99
Soul Caliber V $9.99
SSX $9.99

I wasn't even going to bother with the magazine this month, but with those 2 new games being $9.99 I had to go for it. I was hoping to also get Deadliest Warrior maybe has trade bait or to just mess with it, but not surprisingly it was gone. Who cares though.

And on top of that I mosied into the nearby Target, and they had Starhawk for $29.99. Games overload. :drool:

Didn't think I'd get to use any coupons this month, glad to see they came through on SSX and SCV. Picked those up along with Resistance 3 today. Here's hoping they keep up the deals!

Picked up SC5, SSX, & DA2 today.

Also picked up FIFA (Vita), Gravity Rush, & The Show 12 with my B2G1 new games coupon.

Not going to open anything but Gravity Rush from that set, that way I can exchange them as I couldn't make up my mind. I literally spent like a half hour just trying to make a decision. I hate being indecisive so I just went with those and will exchange them if I change my mind which I'm bound to.

Would anyone be willing to do trade deadliest warriors and dragon ages 2 for my new copy of soul calibur 5?? I wasnt able to pick up those two and really wanted them :(

[quote name='Lukami']Would anyone be willing to do trade deadliest warriors and dragon ages 2 for my new copy of soul calibur 5?? I wasnt able to pick up those two and really wanted them :([/QUOTE]
I personally don't like DW after having tried it, but I don't really do trading too much and I especially don't want SC V. I never liked those T rated ones.:razz: I'm also more than likely keeping my Dragon Age II, since it's an action RPG as opposed to the first one.:whistle2:&

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I personally don't like DW after having tried it, but I don't really do trading too much and I especially don't want SC V. I never liked those T rated ones.:razz: I'm also more than likely keeping my Dragon Age II, since it's an action RPG as opposed to the first one.:whistle2:&[/QUOTE]

I actually bought Dragon Age II when it came out for $34.99, I definitely had a blast playing it and even ended up buying it for one of my friends. At $5 bucks that game is a steal.

Going on 3.5ish months with no magazine. I contacted @Gamer through their email, they told me to email Best Buy. I emailed Best Buy through the address @Gamer gave me, and they told me to contact @Gamer, giving me the email address I already tried. Is there a number I can call to get some answers?

[quote name='captaintek3304']Going on 3.5ish months with no magazine. I contacted @Gamer through their email, they told me to email Best Buy. I emailed Best Buy through the address @Gamer gave me, and they told me to contact @Gamer, giving me the email address I already tried. Is there a number I can call to get some answers?[/QUOTE]
If you've received some prior issue of the magazine but are no longer getting them mailed to your house, then try going HERE: https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/c...id=1340679162214&lsid=21772152422046042&vid=1

Log into their site by entering the information required from the label on the magazine and then check to see if they somehow switched you to a digital subscription versus a physical subscription.

Didn't realize you didn't have to sign up to use the coupons. I went and traded in a handful of older games today and dude just gave me the magazine, they had a ton of them just laying around.

Looks like I'll probably go back tomorrow and pick up SSX for $10.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If you've received some prior issue of the magazine but are no longer getting them mailed to your house, then try going HERE: https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/IM/GMR/c...id=1340679162214&lsid=21772152422046042&vid=1

Log into their site by entering the information required from the label on the magazine and then check to see if they somehow switched you to a digital subscription versus a physical subscription.[/QUOTE]

Ive never received a magazine. Ordered the first week of April.

bread's done
Back