Jurassic Park Trilogy SteelBook (Best Buy Exclusive)

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']This has dropped to $59.99. :D[/QUOTE]

come on $45!! :pray: i've got a RZ coup for 15 so if it drops to 45 ill probly only have to shell out 35!

[quote name='seether254']come on $45!! :pray: i've got a RZ coup for 15 so if it drops to 45 ill probly only have to shell out 35![/QUOTE]

It probably won't drop any more.

Nice that it dropped $10, so now it's a $10 difference between Amazon's price and this item that gives you the DVD copies (on flipper discs, theoretically) and the steelbook.

The new Futureshop ad says that it's 6 discs (3 BDs, 3 DVDs) and since the US release is expected to be the same, the flipper controversy should be over.

[quote name='DetroitSportsFan']The new Futureshop ad says that it's 6 discs (3 BDs, 3 DVDs) and since the US release is expected to be the same, the flipper controversy should be over.[/QUOTE]

Good News!

Last edited by a moderator:
Would have liked some nicer artwork than that, but at the same time, at least it isn't like the french steelbook version

That's a pretty small case for 6 discs no? Have there been other steelbooks with that many discs and have been that thin?

I've read a lot of discussion on a few forums about the flipper disc issue with the Best Buy steelbook, but it looks like this may be unavoidable with any version because on Amazon's description for the normal set, it says that it contains 3 discs.

[quote name='Gamer_Boy14']I've read a lot of discussion on a few forums about the flipper disc issue with the Best Buy steelbook, but it looks like this may be unavoidable with any version because on Amazon's description for the normal set, it says that it contains 3 discs.[/QUOTE]

Unless I'm mistaken, the normal version doesn't include DVD versions.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Unless I'm mistaken, the normal version doesn't include DVD versions.[/QUOTE]That is correct. Digital copies these days are download codes if they're not included on an included DVD disc. Even if there's a DVD in the package, the DCs are going more and more to digital copies.

well I caved. Bought the steelbook at the 59.99 price tag. That seemed like a plenty fair price to me and personally, I enjoyed JP 2 and 3 as guilty pleasures. It's like the Star Wars prequel trilogy. They are by no means great Star Wars movies, but they are enjoyable if you like Star Wars, in general, enough.

[quote name='Jayare']i bet it will be on sale for 59.99 when it comes out[/QUOTE]

i don't want to say "i told you so" ...but i did

[quote name='skiizim']Targets price is $46.99, I'm thinking you could possibly price match. Amazons price went down to $48.99.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy will have 2 versions though, the steelbook for $59.99 and the regular combo for $49.99. They will more then likely only let you price match the regular edition. But who knows, you may get lucky.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Best Buy will have 2 versions though, the steelbook for $59.99 and the regular combo for $49.99. They will more then likely only let you price match the regular edition. But who knows, you may get lucky.[/QUOTE]I wouldn't plan on that luck, as it would need a very dumb CSR to not see the differences.

Heres the German Media Market G2 Jumbo sized steel, god its sexy:
and yes, the german text and blue part are just a paper overlay
d49l9pt5.jpg

[quote name='shrike4242']I wouldn't plan on that luck, as it would need a very dumb CSR to not see the differences.[/QUOTE]

On the receipt would it say "Best Buy Exclusive Steelbook" or anything to that effect?

I remember people getting lucky with the Pirates steelbooks by PM-ing them after they bought them with just the receipt.

[quote name='joshnorm']On the receipt would it say "Best Buy Exclusive Steelbook" or anything to that effect?

I remember people getting lucky with the Pirates steelbooks by PM-ing them after they bought them with just the receipt.[/QUOTE]Depends on how it rings out on the receipt.

[quote name='skiizim']Targets price is $46.99, I'm thinking you could possibly price match. Amazons price went down to $48.99.[/QUOTE]
Well Target let me PM their IM2 exclusive metal pack edition via BB, so I think it's time they repaid the favor. ;)

Also, am I seeing this right? The steelbook from BB has BD+DVD+DC? HTF did they fit all that in a slim case? If I can get a PM and it does include all that, then I guess I'll have to bite. I can't wait to see the person who gets a PM to Fry's price LOL.

Part of me still isn't convinced that they're not flipper discs. That case is awfully small for 6 discs. Does it say somewhere on the packaging that it's 6? I may have missed it. If not then I guess we won't know until it's opened up.

Incredipinoy did say that his LOTR Steelbook was that thin and had 6 discs, but it doesn't sound like it's a common occurrence.

[quote name='Jodou']Makes me wish I had tried harder to get that since my BB sold out before I knew about it.[/QUOTE]

Is that the BB exclusive one? I thought the BB one was a jumbo steelbook. That and the 14 in a circle makes me think that is a Import (isnt that the rating system)

This looks great, really hoping I can pull off a Fry's PM on it ... might even be willing to stop by multiple best buy's if I meet resistance.

that's a nice LOTR SB, but I already have the blu extended version. Is it even the extended versions in the steelbook? Heck, is it even blu-ray?

[quote name='Darknuke']that's a nice LOTR SB, but I already have the blu extended version. Is it even the extended versions in the steelbook? Heck, is it even blu-ray?[/QUOTE]

That SB isn't new or anything he was just using it as an example to show that there are thin SB's with a place for 6 discs.

Went to Best Buy for the midnight release of Battlefield 3. I picked up the Jurassic Park steelbook while I was there and can confirm that it is indeed 6 discs and NOT flipper discs. Also, my receipt does NOT say anything about it being a best buy exclusive or steelbook edition. Possible price match??? I'm going to try and attempt it on my next day off from work.

[quote name='GundNataku']Went to Best Buy for the midnight release of Battlefield 3. I picked up the Jurassic Park steelbook while I was there and can confirm that it is indeed 6 discs and NOT flipper discs. Also, my receipt does NOT say anything about it being a best buy exclusive or steelbook edition. Possible price match??? I'm going to try and attempt it on my next day off from work.[/QUOTE]

going to bring in target ad and try and pm a day or two after purchase, thanks for the heads up.

As nice as it looks I can't help but remember how BttF was $24.99 on Amazon for Black Friday which was last year's big Universal release...

so I can't really bring myself to pay $60 for the steelbook, despite how nice it looks.

and look at those scratches!

I still think the artwork is too plain, but I'd still get the SB over the others because it's nice and slim and comes with the DVD's. I think it's very likely that you can PM this with another retailer since it looks pretty much like the regular one on the receipt.

I got mine! when I got to the store at 10am, someone was already checking out with one... went to the section, someone else was holding one... there were 3 left to choose from...

some did appear to have hairline scratches under the shrink wrap...

[quote name='ssjmichael']I still think the artwork is too plain, but I'd still get the SB over the others because it's nice and slim and comes with the DVD's. I think it's very likely that you can PM this with another retailer since it looks pretty much like the regular one on the receipt.[/QUOTE]
Speaking of that, got mine for $47 PM to Target. Can't believe what they can squeeze into these lol. Also, the cover is going to be prone to denting because it's not a solid fit thanks to the embossing. What I mean is it doesn't sit flush on the cover and you can push down on spots to warp it. Just pick one up at the store and press down and you'll immediately understand what I'm talking about. IDK, having the SB + DVDs does make it somewhat worth it, but even $50 is a hard pill considering only the first movie is worth watching. These will be rare though, considering my store had a display of just six when they opened at 10.

bread's done
Back