Just beat Chrono Trigger for the 1st time

MadChedar0

CAGiversary!
Wow. I never ended up playing CT in the SNES days, but man what a game. Too bad I waited 9 years to play it. It's amazing the gameplay held up ( Battle system, etc ). Frog is the best character in that game by far. What's everyone else's thoughts on CT?

[quote name='MadChedar0']Wow. I never ended up playing CT in the SNES days, but man what a game. Too bad I waited 9 years to play it. It's amazing the gameplay held up ( Battle system, etc ). Frog is the best character in that game by far. What's everyone else's thoughts on CT?[/quote]

awesome game! did you play it on snes or ps1?

I thought it was fantastic. I only played it for the first time about a year and a half ago. Loved every second of it.

The good old Super Nintendo. Yeah I really can't believe how great the game is even after 9 years. Nothing really looked dated in my eyes. Maybe I just have a soft spot for sprite-based characters.

[quote name='MadChedar0']The good old Super Nintendo. Yeah I really can't believe how great the game is even after 9 years. Nothing really looked dated in my eyes. Maybe I just have a soft spot for sprite-based characters.[/quote]

i agree the snes one rocks, but if you liked it, the ps1 has a few upgrades to check out!

"Now you just have to get the 12 other endings."

Haha yeah I heard about those multiple endings. I dont know if I could committ that much time to it. I tried to get the best possible one. I did all the side quests at the end and whatnot. I let Magus into my party too...

[quote name='MadChedar0']"Now you just have to get the 12 other endings."

Haha yeah I heard about those multiple endings. I dont know if I could committ that much time to it. I tried to get the best possible one. I did all the side quests at the end and whatnot. I let Magus into my party too...[/quote]

Technically, the best one is the developers' room ending, which is indeed awesome, though it has nothing to do with the story.

[quote name='shrewmdust']Beat it with Crono solo and you can be the man too.[/quote]

You mean just don't take anyone else with you? Because I don't think you can get to the final battle without running into Marle, can you?

My brother was obsessed with this game. He got all endings. I remember watching him. I miss the old days. Sigh.

I haven't played this game for about 6 years. Just bought the cart last month for $10, so it's due time to play through it again and get the endings I missed the first time. Well, after I get done playing through Super Mario RPG.

It was a great game. I liked the battle system more than anything. Combining techs was damn cool. Also, you could avoid most of the battles if you want to. I REALLY prefer that over random fights. The sprite based graphics just have so much personality to them. The story was pretty cool for the most part. Also, the characters were great.

To beat it with just Crono... I don't remember how buff you need him to be, but if you do it you get the special programmer's ending. You have to start a New Game + and when you go to the fair (this is all from memory), go to where Lucca's portals are. Yuo will have Marle, so she must get sent back to the Middle Ages first. It seems to me that there will be a little shiny thing somewhere in the original portal area (grrrr... can't remember). Go in there with just Crono and it'll take you to Lavos. I think you have to do all the stages of Lavos (outside, inside, true Lavos).

You can get the programmer's ending with Marle in your party, too. It's been a while so I don't remember exactly how, but there should be a point where Marle is in your party in the beginning of the game.

It is possible to get the ending with just Chrono. I'm pretty sure I did it once. I don't remember what level I was, but I do know that (obviously) using wait mode instead of active and setting the battle speed down helps.

you all making me want to play through chrono trigger again... even though I got tons of other rpgs that I haven't went through yet... including FFX2 international

CT is my favorite game...I swear that they're was more heart put into that game than the last 3 Final Fantasies combined. But I may be Biased.

Chrono Trigger is the best RPG, even Chrono Cross was great. But some how square lost its touch..i really don't think they've made their other games as good as this one..

[quote name='jmcc'][quote name='shrewmdust']Beat it with Crono solo and you can be the man too.[/quote]

You mean just don't take anyone else with you? Because I don't think you can get to the final battle without running into Marle, can you?[/quote]

once marle gets sucked into the vortex, go to the right pod instead of the left. you'll be transported to lavos.

lavos is pretty hard by yourself, but i did it after tons of healing potions.

[quote name='DigitalSpace']I haven't played this game for about 6 years. Just bought the cart last month for $10, so it's due time to play through it again and get the endings I missed the first time. Well, after I get done playing through Super Mario RPG.[/quote]

That's some freakin deal! :shock: It goes for $40+ easily on Ebay...

You know, CT was a colaboration between Square and Enix back in the day. They need to start making more games like CT now that they are one company.

You're not old school unless you bought and beat the original. But I wonder.. is the PS port/remake worth it? What did they add?

[quote name='MadChedar0']Oh man beating Lavos with only Chrono? What level do you have to be to even attempt that on Game+ mode?[/quote]

I did it on level 69. By the 4th or 5th play through, i handed him his ass

[quote name='dj_paxis'] You're not old school unless you bought and beat the original. But I wonder.. is the PS port/remake worth it? What did they add?[/quote]

The PS port is serviceable on the PS2, since u can cut down on load times and such. I bought it b/c it comes w/ anime cutscences done by Akira Toriyama, who did the character design. Yah, it was worth it. Plus I got the excellent FF4 with it too.

bread's done
Back