Just Cause 2: Post your videos here

Wait wait wait.... this game lets you make videos in game? Or do you guys just all have capture cards? If the game lets you make videos like this and upload them, that is amazing.

[quote name='Calinks']Wait wait wait.... this game lets you make videos in game? Or do you guys just all have capture cards? If the game lets you make videos like this and upload them, that is amazing.[/QUOTE]
It's an in-game capture feature. You go into the start/pause menu while in the game and it's listed under video capture. You can set it to always on, so in case you happen to see something really insane go down(like I witnessed the one plane crash headlong into a skyscraper the one night) you can upload that to YouTube.

Of course, most times I was just making a 30 second video, since anything over that takes a while on my slower high speed connection.:cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It's an in-game capture feature. You go into the start/pause menu while in the game and it's listed under video capture. You can set it to always on, so in case you happen to see something really insane go down(like I witnessed the one plane crash headlong into a skyscraper the one night) you can upload that to YouTube.

Of course, most times I was just making a 30 second video, since anything over that takes a while on my slower high speed connection.:cry:[/QUOTE]
You kidding me? This only on the Ps3 or PC version? This is the kind of thing I dreamed about with videogames. I was a huge fan of Driv3r's film editor and I hold out hope that future console will let us effortlessly, capture video footage.

Anyway I got Just Cause 2 on the 360 and I never heard about this feature so I am really surprised by this, this is a pretty big deal to me.

[quote name='Calinks']You kidding me? This only on the Ps3 or PC version? This is the kind of thing I dreamed about with videogames. I was a huge fan of Driv3r's film editor and I hold out hope that future console will let us effortlessly, capture video footage.

Anyway I got Just Cause 2 on the 360 and I never heard about this feature so I am really surprised by this, this is a pretty big deal to me.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately I believe it IS only available for the PS3 at this point, though I have seen some uploads from the PC version on YouTube. Although those may just be someone with a video capture device. There are at least several of those out on the market that allow you to capture video from games on your PC and then upload them.

One thing I'm surprised by is that no one has created either a video with A-Team opening theme showing military jeeps having their tires shot out and flipping over and over or a video showing someone using the grappling hook as a melee weapon set to the tune "Whip It" by Devo.

Supposedly the PC version has a multiplayer mod for it, as I've seen a few videos of people all mostly driving boats in a big group on YouTube in that version.

That seems glitchy as hell though. I mean, I'd love to see a mp free roam mode in JC2. But not if it means your character is gonna be bouncing around like he's having a seizure.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That seems glitchy as hell though. I mean, I'd love to see a mp free roam mode in JC2. But not if it means your character is gonna be bouncing around like he's having a seizure.[/QUOTE]
It's functional enough that you can do funny shit though. And who wouldn't enjoy some good PvP, especially in the air. Not gonna lie, but I'm a hell of a jet fighter pilot in this game. Just imagine if I had a gunner on top of the plane as well ROFL. :lol:

That would be pretty damn funny. But I still don't see myself buying the PC version(and likely having to upgrade my PC or get a new one) just for the one game.

Gonna hijack for a second because I spent 15 minutes searching for the PC thread I thought existed and this is the only active JC2 thread, so suck it lol. There's a MP beta weekend starting tomorrow if anyone on PC wants to check it out. I'm gonna give it a go just for the lulz and maybe shoot some footage. You can DL what you need in about five hours here.

Wow, I spent all weekend playing this and making my newest video. Sucks it ends in a few hours but I'll be sure to play it again next beta test. I highly recommend you guys get in before it gets hugely popular because even with a peak of about 2000 players from what a dev said in-game, it was absolutely packed everywhere and nuts. The video I finally put together is actually a director's cut because I had something like 15 minutes of footage and felt lacking in areas, so I tightened it up to a much more fun 4.5 minutes. Hope you enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKF97qYxS1g

[quote name='Jodou']Wow, I spent all weekend playing this and making my newest video. Sucks it ends in a few hours but I'll be sure to play it again next beta test. I highly recommend you guys get in before it gets hugely popular because even with a peak of about 2000 players from what a dev said in-game, it was absolutely packed everywhere and nuts. The video I finally put together is actually a director's cut because I had something like 15 minutes of footage and felt lacking in areas, so I tightened it up to a much more fun 4.5 minutes. Hope you enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKF97qYxS1g[/QUOTE]
So just going by the first 45 seconds of that video the multiplayer is going to be like the usual trolls/griefers I deal with in GTA on occasion, eh? Pass. Now if people were actually working together to take down some of the enemy bases in the game, that might be cool. But otherwise that's just disorganized deathmatch with no points for getting kills. Been there, done that.:razz:

NPCs are disabled so your only option is to interact with each other. That's kind of the point honestly and I tried to throw in some creative shots, but it's more about the chaos going on all around that I tried to capture. If you get mad because people kill you, then yeah you'll be trolled a lot. Otherwise, everyone is having a blast finding new ways to blow each other up or just goof off.

[quote name='Jodou']NPCs are disabled so your only option is to interact with each other. That's kind of the point honestly and I tried to throw in some creative shots, but it's more about the chaos going on all around that I tried to capture. If you get mad because people kill you, then yeah you'll be trolled a lot. Otherwise, everyone is having a blast finding new ways to blow each other up or just goof off.[/QUOTE]
In huge sandbox games like GTA, Just Cause 2 and Mercenaries 2 I prefer to fuck with the NPC's/peds as opposed to other players. To me, if you wanna go around killing each other, go play frickin' deathmatch.

When I play a sandbox game in a free roam type of game I play it to explore the game world and maybe do rampages against the cops/army in the game. So now I definitely know I won't be playing the JC2 mp, not that my PC would be able to support the game anyway since I think it's almost time I grab a new one or get this one repaired/rebooted.:cry::whistle2:#

Keep in mind when this does come out anyone will be able to run a server. I'm sure there will be servers with FF off so you can do some creative things with friends without being PK'd.

Yeah. But unless they make it so the vehicles are invulnerable besides the FF being OFF that means you'll have idiots like in GTA who will keep shooting you and/or the vehicles just to be a bunch of fuckwads. It's one thing to have no FF, but having morons who think it's hilarious to shoot random people in a game when you're minding your own damn biz is a major league pain in the fuckin' ass.

Everytime i want to save my last 30 seconds of gameplay my video gets corrupted otherwise i would have had a bunch of cool vids to post. It's really hard to get a flawless 10 minute video worth posting playing on the hardest difficulty while i am not feeling well.

bread's done
Back