Just Cause 2 (PS3)(360) 16.99 @ AMAZON

This game looks so much fun ! But with big rpgs like lost odyssey, borderlands game of the year edition and final fantasy 13 in my backlog along with infamous 2 I don't have room for this now. Mabye black friday will have a deal I can't resist and ill have the mentioned games above me beaten by then. Is the story in just cause 2 good ?

[quote name='strait edge follower']This game looks so much fun ! But with big rpgs like lost odyssey, borderlands game of the year edition and final fantasy 13 in my backlog along with infamous 2 I don't have room for this now. Mabye black friday will have a deal I can't resist and ill have the mentioned games above me beaten by then. Is the story in just cause 2 good ?[/QUOTE]

The story is the worst part of JC2, not saying it's horrible. It's just extremely generic - bad military leader takes over island country and you as an agent from a secret organization has to stop him. The story is pretty much played out via cutscenes before every mission you find through the world and they are all pretty much the exact same cutscene. You pick up a payphone, truck rolls up, they kick off a box of gear, and tell you where to go and what to do, then the truck drives off. Rest of the story plays out through radio chatter while actually playing. Don't buy JC2 for the story. Buy it for blowing tons of shit up and doing all kinds of crazy things with the grapple hook. Also looks AMAZING for a console game.

With the amount of content in this (assuming you go for 100%), expect close to 100 hours. My favorite game of 2010 and just one fun experience.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']My personal favorite game from 2010. Cheapest it has been at a retailer. BUY IT.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree, Just Cause 2 was one of my favorite games of 2010 as well (favorite was Bayonetta though). The gameplay in this is open world game is extremely fun. It's sad that the media doesn't care much about gameplay these days and gave a game like Red Dead Redemption such high praise. Sure its presentation was top notch but gameplay wise it doesn't hold a candle to Just Cause 2 in my opinion.

At this price, it's a must buy for fans of great gameplay I'd say.

Just Cause 2 is a very fun game. If you like games such as Saint's Row 1 & 2, Vice City, or San Andreas don't miss out on JC2. It's story while not compelling is worth a few laughs. It's all about the open world bat shit fun.

[quote name='TC']Just Cause 2 is a very fun game. If you like games such as Saint's Row 1 & 2, Vice City, or San Andreas don't miss out on JC2. It's story while not compelling is worth a few laughs. It's all about the open world bat shit fun.[/QUOTE]
You forgot blowing stuff up :lol:. Seriously though this game has a lot of fun things to blow up/destroy, and tell me another game where you can drive off a cliff with a motorcycle and then parachute to land while shooting people.

It's a good deal. I got a copy for this price of Amazon warehouse a few months back. The game got really old really fast, traded it back for purchase price. I really wanted to enjoy it but it was lacking in controls/combat gameplay for me.

Thanks OP! Just ordered a copy for a friend. Been watching prices for him so I'm happy to see this one dip down a bit.

Well this has been 19.99 a long time ago on newegg, so this really isn't an awesome price. The game can get very tedious, especially if you try to find everything in each area. Good for a few laughs, but overall it's kinda cheezy and should be less than $10 before long.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Well this has been 19.99 a long time ago on newegg, so this really isn't an awesome price. The game can get very tedious, especially if you try to find everything in each area. Good for a few laughs, but overall it's kinda cheezy and should be less than $10 before long.[/QUOTE]

In @ future $9.99 price.

[quote name='Jodou']Still waiting on a $5 Steam deal. . .[/QUOTE]

It was $5 on Direct2Drive a week or two ago. And you could activate it on Steam. Well, I think it requires Steam. Anyways, definitely worth picking up at $5, which is what I did.

[quote name='omster']I thought the topic title read "Just Dance 2." Needless to say, I was in for quite the disappointment.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I'd categorize that as more of a pleasant surprise.

[quote name='jaide']Can anyone comment on which version to get? PS3 or Xbox 360?[/QUOTE]

I played it on 360, but from what I remember, the PS3 version comes with the ability to record and upload videos to YouTube, so I'd probably go with that one.

Just beat the game today, had a lot of fun with it. The missions weren't really that amazing but there's lots of really cool gameplay mechanics that keep you entertained.

You know the one thing i hated it about Just Cause 2? no cheat codes...

oh man, god mode would have been so much fun.

one of the best of 2010.pure fun

[quote name='Jqwerty']finally this little bugger reaches the $20 mark. been waiting for a long time.[/QUOTE]

its was $19.99 at gamestop in april...thats where i got it...

[quote name='Orofin']Is this game anything like The Saboteur?

If so, I'm in for one for sure.[/QUOTE]

It's similar in that it's an open world and you can run around and blow stuff up and ignore the main story missions. The characters aren't as well done as those in The Saboteur and the final boss fight, if you could even call the finale in The Saboteur a boss fight, in JC2 is pretty awesome.

Just Cause 2 is much, much large in scope than The Saboteur though. The world map is gigantic and there's a ton of stuff to blow up. I think I put in about 120 hours into JC2 was finally gave up at 98.31 complete, or something like that. It's just so completely over the top you'll have a good time with it no matter what.

I paid $40 for my copy of JC2 almost a year and a half ago and was happy with that price for the time I got out of it, so $17 for it and the time you'll most likely spend with the game is very well worth it.

[quote name='jaide']Can anyone comment on which version to get? PS3 or Xbox 360?[/QUOTE]

this question is one of the reasons i still havent picked this game up. Both versions have their problems. First off the ps3 version has a 1+gig manditory install.. ouch. It seems the 360 version has some screen tearing but the ps3 version has frame rate issues and drops, 360 has motion blur effect, ps3 is missing it.

honestly i dont know myself. I'll have to look up some head 2 head videos again and decide. I think overall the 360 version looks crisper than the ps3, which had some blurrier textures. But v sync issues always bug me

I'd buy it, but I've probably spent $100 on games in the last couple weeks, so I'm gonna hold off. It's a fantastic price, though, so if you're on the fence, get it before it's dead.

It says that it will ship in 2 - 3 weeks...will I still be charged immediately or when it ships? sorry for the newb question...

[quote name='pdub88']It says that it will ship in 2 - 3 weeks...will I still be charged immediately or when it ships? sorry for the newb question...[/QUOTE]

If using gift card credit, you will be charged when you order. Credit card charges when it ships.

Open world has been done so many times before. :( Like someone said, I'll only go for it at $10. I still want the Squeenix code from it.

bread's done
Back