Just Cause 2 (PS3/360) $19.99/$17.99 NEW/USED @ GameStop (Currently OOS Online)

MasterSun1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
been this price since before 12/04/10..

the game is alright, only played for 10 mins, haven't played since. Controls are wonky at best, the damn grapple hook never goes where you want to..

[quote name='token2k6']been this price since before 12/04/10..

the game is alright, only played for 10 mins, haven't played since. Controls are wonky at best, the damn grapple hook never goes where you want to..[/QUOTE]

oh really? I thought I read somewhere that the grapple hook was awesome and that you could grapple just about anything. Maybe it needs to hit the $10 mark for me to bite on it. Thanks for the feedback on the controls.

[quote name='jmarano7836']what's your take on it? IGN gave it an 8.8, and metacritic gave it a about 84-81 (depending on console/pc)

IGN link : http://ps3.ign.com/objects/862/862519.html
Metacritic : http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/just+cause+2/results[/QUOTE]

If you played the original Mercenaries game, JC2 is basically what Mercenaries 2 should have been. It's a really fun open-world game and one of my favorites from last year. The size of the world is simply insane (I believe it takes 20 or so minutes just to get across the entire map, depending on the mode of transportation) and the grappling hook/parachute combo is fun to mess around with. The only downside of the game is that the missions are fairly repetitive.

[quote name='token2k6']been this price since before 12/04/10..

the game is alright, only played for 10 mins, haven't played since. Controls are wonky at best, the damn grapple hook never goes where you want to..[/QUOTE]

What? No, no...The grapple hook is probably the best grapple hook I've seen in a long time. It's extremely versatile and can be used on nearly anything; almost to ridiculous Spider-Man lengths.

Controls are fine to me, the Auto-aim can be a bit finicky but that's the only problem I have. Honestly, this game was my biggest surprise of 2010. I bought it from Gamefly for about $9 on sale and it's completely worth it and I never expected to enjoy it as much as I do.

For those on the fence, this is similar to Red Faction: Guerrilla, but in a jungle/tropical setting and on a much bigger scale with A LOT more things to do. The grappling hook is awesome - you can hook two enemies together, hook enemies to objects, hook yourself to nearly any surface etc. It's a LOT of fun.

New copies have been out of stock for weeks now. You can find them in stores too. I found one a few weeks back still factory sealed.

It's easily worth $60, so $20 is a steal. Just Cause 2 takes over for Crackdown as the standard for sandbox games now with a gigantic island to explore, tons of collectibles, a lot of stuff to see and do, rewards for causing as much chaos as you can, and the unbeatable combination of infinite parachutes and the grappling hook as a great way to get around and explore the island of Panau. I've played for nearly 40 hours now and haven't gotten past 30% completion, so it's quite a long game for anybody that enjoys sandbox games.

[quote name='jmarano7836']what's your take on it? IGN gave it an 8.8, and metacritic gave it a about 84-81 (depending on console/pc)

IGN link : http://ps3.ign.com/objects/862/862519.html
Metacritic : http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/just+cause+2/results[/QUOTE]

I bought Just Cause 1 and absolutely HATED the game. So much so that I refused to consider JC2. However, I did break eventually after hearing all the positive talk and bought it on sale. I just finished my playthrough this week and after 60+ hours, I can honestly say that it is one of the most fun games I have ever played. I really cannot recommend it enough. It is amazing to me how much they improved the game from the first one.

Has anyone else been playing this on :ps3: and it crashes? It has froze up on me on multiple occasions and requires a hard reset. I have had some occasions where flying in a jet over settlements causes glitches and after a while a Black Screen of Death.

Here's hoping it'll be price matched on Amazon! I nearly picked it up on Steam when it was $7.50, but decided I'd rather play this type of game on the PS3 on the couch.

This was turning into a Platinum/Greatest Hits for the UK/Europe. Hopefully they are doing the same now for the US and that's why it is sold out & price dropped.

Count me in as one who thinks this is one of the best games of 2010 for its pure fun factor. I played 70 hours to complete the 75% for Platinum and really am tempted to rebuy for this price. Sure it is the same thing over and over taking over and destroying bases, but my god is it a blast. It may only be due to the grapple hook/parachute combo. Never have I had more fun zipping around a game environment. I hope and cant wait for a JC3.

[quote name='Josh5890']Please get back in stock :ps3: version! I still have a $10 gs online credit[/QUOTE]

Same here. Had it forever and this game is as good as any to use it on. Hoping for a restock soon as well.

anyone know if i have to put it on hold to get it in the store for $20 or can i just walk in and get it for $20?

yes very tempting but not sure if i should see if it eventually gets bundled with more things as a goty or something eventually.

[quote name='narec']yes very tempting but not sure if i should see if it eventually gets bundled with more things as a goty or something eventually.[/QUOTE]

There really isn't any DLC(or enough of it, at least) that would warrant a GotY version at a higher price tag. This price is entirely worth it for a lengthy game.

[quote name='narec']anyone know if i have to put it on hold to get it in the store for $20 or can i just walk in and get it for $20?[/QUOTE]

Just walk in and get it for $20 if it's in stock.

Picked this up at a local Gamestop for $20 new, pretty damn awesome, can't find a better price anywhere from what I've seen.

[quote name='Donnums']There really isn't any DLC(or enough of it, at least) that would warrant a GotY version at a higher price tag. This price is entirely worth it for a lengthy game.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the info. i'm surprised there wasn't a lot of dlc created for it since i remember there being tons of hype for this game when it was released.

[quote name='cadeSILVER']Just walk in and get it for $20 if it's in stock.

Picked this up at a local Gamestop for $20 new, pretty damn awesome, can't find a better price anywhere from what I've seen.[/QUOTE]

thanks. my local gs shows its in stock. glad to know i'll get it tihis price. some B&M have diff prices online than in store (my local target won't match their own online prices).

Here's a list of some of the secrets and easter eggs for JC 2: http://justcause.wikia.com/wiki/Easter_Eggs

I found this video on YouTube showing two sports cars that're in the game, including one that sometimes spawns with machine guns on it with infinite ammo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGDWcicXLOY

I've had this game since launch and played a TON of hours on it. I'm not even 30% of the way through the game. It's just so much fun to try and find all of the lil secrets in the game.;)

I submitted an in-store (since it says OOS online) lower price for both versions to Amazon. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a perm drop and the other retailers haven't updated yet, but it couldn't hurt.

Picked up a new PS3 copy at my local GS this morning; first GS purchase in years.

I played the demo to death for the past three evenings while snowed in here. It was a must-buy for me.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
I've had this game since launch and played a TON of hours on it. I'm not even 30% of the way through the game. It's just so much fun to try and find all of the lil secrets in the game.;)[/QUOTE]
Here here. Just a blast to play and zip around in the game world.

I paid $50 new for a PC copy and this game is easily worth it. I was completing the game at about 1% an hour of playtime and that is with no fucking around like I would in a GTA. The game is super fun, and just might be my top game of 2010. It never once got boring and the only reason I didn't finish it was my gfx card died so I could not play this awesome game. Now that I own it for PS3, I will hopefully get around to finishing it once my backlog dies down a bit.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was a perm drop and the other retailers haven't updated yet, but it couldn't hurt.
Yeah I've been trying to figure that out as well... JC 2, along with a few other Square Enix titles, were all dropped to $20 at GS a month or two ago, I figured it was a permanent drop but I've yet to see any other retailers follow suit.

This game is AWESOME!!! I played the demo and hated it, but got it as a gift. Glad I did. I'm about 98% completed with 106 hours of game time. At times it can be repetitive, but the grapple hook is unbelieveable. Well worth $20, heck this game is worth $60 easily. You'll get your money's worth.

I've been keeping an eye on this game. They have it in stock used still for Xbox. Use this coupon code (REDSQUAD6) for 10% off and free shipping ($16.19 + tax total).

If, for some reason, this isn't a perm drop...could we have some CAGs report this to Amazon as a local offline price? Maybe they'll PM if we get enough submissions. I'm not sure I have a whole lot of swaying power submitting prices from a GameStop in NE OK.

bread's done
Back