Just Cause - Demo is up - General Discussion

[quote name='Zoglog']I played this demo for like 1 minute, then my 360 died and I got the 3 red rings of death..........................[/QUOTE]

well, that explains the games title, "just cause". sad to hear that though.

lame, will not be picking it up. it was fun until i hit the ground, kinda cool jumpin on top of car, but the gameplay was horrible...

I thought the demo was kinda fun. Although, I didn't really know what or who I was shooting at half the time, I still enjoyed myself. I did not land on a car in the opening dive, but it still was fun. Not sure if I like it enough to buy it....currently swamped with other games, but this may be a rental down the line. Seemed decent though. I LOVED the large open island. fun stuff.

[quote name='flybrione']I got totally confused at the helicopter part. I could not locate the enemy and I just kept getting blown up. Are there more than one chopter in the air besides the main target?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Quite a few, even. When I played, I saw 3-4 other helicopters trying to take me down aside from the main target.

I love the demo so far, seems like a great action game that doesn't take itself too seriously. Getting tired of super-realistic games right now, it's nice to have something like this.

[quote name='Sockey']I really dont understand the hate... I found the demo extremely fun. How could anyone like the horrid Saints Row demo more than this?[/QUOTE]
Agreed, Saint's Row demo was quite awful

This is pretty fun, except for the fact that you HAVE to do the missions.

With such a large environment, it should be more like GTA so you can run around and explore

[quote name='Kendal']I enjoy the demo, even though I have no effing idea how to get the damned helicopter. Other than that, it is pretty cool.[/quote]

Motorcycle + fast speed + helicopter overhead.. open your parachute, hit A to jump to vehicle.. voila.

I already played the first TD demo and it sold me on the game (not only that but it will only cost $40!!!). FOr the life of me I couldnt land on the car at the beginging. I like that it takes place on an island. I will def wait for reviews before getting this one.

Just cause is a rental at most for me. Test Drive is worth buying if the reviews are good 7.0 or better. Am I the only person that kept running into people in TDU that didn't even know they were online with other people. Me and this other guy are having a conversation and then out of nowhere this guy says "whoa I didn't know I picked online mode...Am I online?"

I loved it, wish the controls were a little tighter, especially while driving. The stunts were fun too.

How could anyone dislike Saint's Row? I've done the missions in the demo, they're okay, but the free roam go-anywhere-do-anything gameplay is so awesome.

Test Drive, on the other hand, was awful. The first demo was alright, the second demo (the most recent one) is awful. I couldn't delete it fast enough.

[quote name='Scorch']Test Drive, on the other hand, was awful. The first demo was alright, the second demo (the most recent one) is awful. I couldn't delete it fast enough.[/quote]

I thought TDU was awesome. It is by far, the best driving game I have played. Can't wait for 9/5.

I didnt mind saints row. It is a good substitute for GTA during the wait for the next one. The car explosions are pretty nice looking. TDU is going to be pretty fun.

The Just Cause demo was stupid. The whole time I was playing all I could think was "What the hell? This doesn't make any sense." It was just mission after mission and they were all really easy and repetitive. I'm definetly not getting it.

I thought it was entertaining, but yes, the controls were clunky. The car handling was pretty bad, but not as bad as TDU.

Its weird, anyone notice that the new 360 games, Saint's Row, Just Cause, Dead Rising, are more fun than it being an extremely solid game? None of these games are perfect or near it, but they're very fun to play and just mess around with. I found myself laughing more than trying to complete missions with all 3 of these games. I like the direction things are going.

Anyone still planning on picking this up? I've put about an hour into it and not sure how I feel about it so far.

It feels a lot like Saint's Row but not as good if that makes sense

The vehicles are definiately much better but it just doesn't seem as fun

Guess I'll put in a couple more hours tonight see if my opinion changes

I'll wait until it drops to 29.99 via a deal or a drop, and then i'll definitely grab it. you mean you're just replaying the demo for hours?

[quote name='getmyrunon']I'll wait until it drops to 29.99 via a deal or a drop, and then i'll definitely grab it. you mean you're just replaying the demo for hours?[/QUOTE]

nah i'm playing the whole game

its only $49.99 new which isn't bad i guess compared to the other games on 360

the swimming is annoying and slow and getting around

for one mission i had to walk 3000 meters which took literally 10 minutes

couldn't drive my car cause i had to swim to islands to get there, maybe there's a wave runner or something i missed

edit: one cool thing i guess is i was being chased by cops so i jumped on top of the hood while the cars still going, jumped on top of the cops car and hijacked it

My friend works at a small independant store in my town and he usually hooks me up with stuff if they get it in early.

About the game - it seems real easy. Yea there's 100+ side missions but they're all like, walk 300 feet, shoot someone, walk back. More tedious than anything. The regular missions are okay but everything seems too easy. I put in 3 hours and already am over 50% through the story (tho I did skip a lot of side missions because they seemed useless)

Also seems really hard to die since the bad guys bullets never hit you

I agree with the review from playing the full game.

I beat it last night and it took about 6 hours just doing the missions. Difficulty was very easy except for 2 missions which the difficulty came in the controls not the missions. The clunky jump to vehicle system while parachuting caused some problems.

This is the first 360 game I bought where I felt I didn't get my moneys worth which sucks. I'm going to try some side missions tonight and the collect missions, but overall I just see this being put on my shelf to collect dust.

[quote name='rsigley']...but overall I just see this being put on my shelf to collect dust.[/quote]

Have you considered selling it? I mean, you could sell it on here, or do a quick auction and still get it to someone before release (unless your friend who got the game to you early has asked you not to do that). Just a suggestion.

Hey I am playing through the game and I need a little help . How do i destroy the communication outpost . I activate all 3 triggers and then out of know where they are become deactivated . if someone can help please PM me so I make sure I see it thanks.

bread's done
Back