Crusader of Centy
King's Bounty
Master of Monsters
Herzog Zwei
Gunstar Heroes
Musha
Traysia
Beyond Oasis

So, anybody has any other suggestion on Strategy/RPG games especially?

Only Genesis games I own are the 6-Pak, Gunstar Heroes, MK, Sonic 2, SF2:SCE, and Vectorman.

Outside of those, which are all recommeded, I can't really help you out.

[quote name='BITADE']What is Nomad?
Never heard of it[/quote]

Damn young-uns. It's a portable Genesis. Nomad is Latin for 'holy crap how cool is that a portable Genesis'.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I'm really beginning to feel old around here and I'm only 22![/quote]

I feel ya dude. I'm only 19 and I had to explain something about 'the before time' to that pre-pubescent Smell. He then proceeded to call me racist. Kids, I tell ya...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I'm really beginning to feel old around here and I'm only 22![/quote]

I kow what you mean too..though I'm only 18 it's insane some of the things I'm suprised people don't know when they claim to be "gamers" when I'm working at EB

[quote name='bluenatas09'][quote name='RedvsBlue']I'm really beginning to feel old around here and I'm only 22![/quote]

I kow what you mean too..though I'm only 18 it's insane some of the things I'm suprised people don't know when they claim to be "gamers" when I'm working at EB[/quote]

Shit, I'm 21 and I feel like I really missed out in the before time. I couldn't afford to buy my own games 'til the 64 days, and my parents were less than enthusiastic about gaming.

fuck, I didn't even have a genesis and snes until after fucking high school.

Weep for me, goddamn it.

CONGRATS ON THE NOMAD! I've been hunting for one for about a month to no avail. Also...
-Digital you beat me to my own thread! Nice one, I'm glad people are still checking back in with that thread. It is very useful when hunting for those Genesis games.

[quote name='rywateska']CONGRATS ON THE NOMAD! I've been hunting for one for about a month to no avail. Also...
-Digital you beat me to my own thread! Nice one, I'm glad people are still checking back in with that thread. It is very useful when hunting for those Genesis games.[/quote]

Very useful indeed. Thanks to your thread, I've got a big Genesis want list.

Gain Ground is another gem. It's overhead action with small levels, but the cool thing is you have different team members with different styles/weapons taking turns. If one gets caught, the others must rescue them from the board or they're gone forever. Very cool, very underappreciated.

Here are a few more suggestions:
Gaires (best shooter on SG)
Castlevania Bloodlines (no-brainer)
Thunder Force series (more shooters)
Alex Kid (old-school platformer)
Alien Storm (Golden Axe-style brawler with aliens)
Mickey Mouse Castle/Illusion (awesome platformer)
Arcus Odyssey (not-bad Diablo-style game)
Valis games (I, III, and Syd of) Japanese-style action

A lot of those are published by Renovation. Great company back in the day, bringing lots of Japanese stuff over here.

Let me just reiterate that King's Bounty is the shiz. It's my favorite Genesis game of all time -- and I know my stuff. You can probably find it cheap; I nabbed it for 99 cents (cart only) at Gamestop a while back.

I've never played either (I owned a SNES), but Syndicate and Shadowrun were quite popular in their day among RPG/Strategy fans, and are considered classics today. In fact, Syndicate may be popular enough to get a sequel or remake, though it's all just talk as of now, the fact that it has a strong enough following to warrant a resurrection should tell you something.

I used to play Pirates! Gold all of the time back when I had Sega channel. I'd have to say it is my favorite game ever made on the Genesis next to the two shining forces. Good stuff, but hard to find and expensive.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Dune: Battle for Arrakis. Good strategy game, but it may be somewhat difficult to see the smaller units on the Nomad's screen.

Ahh btantra makes another interesting game score. I'd love to help you out but I've never owned a sega system except the dreamcast I picked up a couple of months ago.

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']Comix Zone!!![/quote]

I think these are great games...
1. Time killers
2. golden axe
3. aladdin
4. james pond
5. vector man

Congrats to you, a nomad is a pretty awesome yeah, but just because they are good games doesn't mean they'll play well on the nomad(unless you plan to hook it up to your TV...but then that kinda weakens the machine's charm), no brainer for suggestions are all the sonic games

toejam and earl series
rocket knight adventures
it's sequel sparkster
streets of rage series
super street fighter 2

I'm sure there's more but I'm lazy...

Streets of rage is awesome...I remember just kicking the crap outta my siblings instead of playing it the way it was intended. Best part was picking up the led pipe then knocking my brother into a pothole w/ it, ah those were the good ol' dayz

I'm probably going to catch a lot of crap for this, but I remember logging a ton of hours playing Buck Rogers:Countdown to Doomsday (I think)...it was a turn based, grid game and for some reason back in the day, I couldn't stop playing it....

i just loved the hell out of it...and on a more common note, the "Strike" games are also a lot of fun...

bread's done
Back