Just got my Halo 3 Beta key!

roland13x

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Just wanted to brag/give a heads up. This isn't a part of the Crackdown part of the Beta, so I'm not sure when that's coming out.

Downloading now....about 911MB.

For all those negative nancy's...

[removed link since it's no longer needed and my flickr account was crying]

I got the key in an email. I have a buddy that works at Bungie that I used to work with at Activision. That helps.

..lame. I got in the beta independant of Crackdown (via halo3.com signups).. I was hoping i'd get to play it today :(

[quote name='roland13x']For all those negative nancy's...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/roland13x/493835590/
(sorry, don't know how to post in the thread)

I got the key in an email. I have a buddy that works at Bungie that I used to work with at Activision. That helps.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, this announcement is relevant to all of us since we all have friends at Bungie who we used to work with at Activision :p

Enjoy, you lucky bastard :)

Hm, I got both a standalone invite (like Scortch) and the Crackdown one. I assume that means I get two unique invites?

I certainly did not play some SM3 after H3! Live Lies!

Disclaimer - my girlfriend who is still at Activision got it for me. Wouldn't pay for that POS.

By the way, Halo 3 rocks. I know, that's obvious and stupid, but really, I forgot how fun this series was. Hadn't played H2 in a few months, and this just totally rekindled all my love for the series. The new weapons are great, the new vehicle that I've played with (the Mongoose) is pretty cool.

There's no offline playing at all, but you can play 2 player splitscreen online, which is fantastic.

I'll leave real impressions later....sadly, work calls.

I've got a Friends & Family beta key to use when I get home from work. :D

I also have a Rule of 3 key coming and Crackdown with the beta. I find it really amusing that I have 3 keys to the Halo 3 beta.

I will be playing later on tonight after the wife and I go see Spider-man 3. This is going to be a fun weekend. :cool:

(Send me a friend request with CAG in it somewhere for anybody who wants to party up together.)

There's a pretty interested "movie" mode here, where you can record your game then save that file. You can then view it in the "Movie Theater" or share it with friends. It's kind of a neat tool, though I hope eventually you can watch the matches played out outside of your viewpoint.

I also wish there were instructions listed somewhere. I'm not sure what all the new gadgets do or even how to activate them.

Matches seem to be limited to 6 player, and I've only seen Slayer mode. There are 3 maps in total, all are new.

The graphics are interesting. "Next Gen" is so often now associated with Gears, that I fear people may be let down by what they see here. It's a much cleaner environment, with clearer lines. Because of that, it might not seem "Next Gen" enough to some. It really does look great, even if it is just an upscaled Halo 2. Everything has very nice detailing on it, though of course you're too busy trying to not get fragged to notice.

The matchmaking system is very similar to Halo 2 as well, and it's been very painless to get into matches so far.

Overall, very good stuff, and a terrible tease of things to come.

[quote name='LunaticPuma']I've got a Friends & Family beta key to use when I get home from work. :D [/QUOTE]

My friend got the same thing today in his email. He was laughing because he has neither friend nor family in the video game business.

Frankly, I am curious about the beta rollout procedures for the Crackdown vs. halo3.com/rule of 3 groups. I was under the impression that the Crackdown folks needed to the game to download and then launch - each time - the beta package. However, the other folks would clearly just need a download key, and the beta would be launchable on its own from the dashboard. So will there be two separate packages? Will the keys be sent out at the same time as the Crackdown disc "sees" the beta available for download?

I managed to register in the first wave, and also own Crackdown, so I wonder what will become available first (or if you could have "both" somehow).

I'm in on the first wave as well as Crackdown. I'll definitely be using the wave 1 key instead. I don't want to have to have Crackdown in the drive all the time to play the beta.

[quote name='Corvin']I'm in on the first wave as well as Crackdown. I'll definitely be using the wave 1 key instead. I don't want to have to have Crackdown in the drive all the time to play the beta.[/quote]

I don't think the drive will be running, its probobly just going to check to see if the disc is in there before you play. That's probobly why they waited till after the Spring update, since it now detects what game is on the drive before you launch.

[quote name='JJSP']Is it possible to pass along your beta keys for those of you with doubles? :) :) :)[/QUOTE]
Nope, they're tied to gamertags.

Holy shit. Holy fucking shit. I just checked my messages on Bungie.net, and I got a beta invite. I have no idea how. I can't fucking believe it.

[quote name='Trakan']Holy shit. Holy fucking shit. I just checked my messages on Bungie.net, and I got a beta invite. I have no idea how. I can't fucking believe it.[/QUOTE]

You bastard......

On the last weekly update they announced that a few select members of the Bungie forums would get invites.....you bastard.

yoooooooouuuuuuuuuuu bastard.

Just got one thanks to Wombat and his attending the Halo 3 event in NYC.
Downloading now.

Microsoft has defintiely done something to their servers as I can download stuff MUCH faster now. This and the Black Site demo (yesterday) are downloading lightning fast.

[quote name='CheapyD']Just got one thanks to Wombat and his attending the Halo 3 event in NYC.
Downloading now.

Microsoft has defintiely done something to their servers as I can download stuff MUCH faster now. This and the Black Site demo (yesterday) are downloading lightning fast.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if their doing the region lock thing will stop you from playing?

The Forza 2 demo downloaded pretty fast for me, but the Black Site demo and the Crackdown DLC were at "normal" speed. Meh. Lucky OP. Hehe, you made me anxious so I popped in my Crackdown that has access to the Beta, but the button for Halo 3 Beta was still faded out. Gah, can't.. wait..

[quote name='Sporadic']Are you sure?
The Shadowrun beta wasn't tied to the gamertag.[/QUOTE]
I'm not 100% sure that every possible method of getting in is, I guess. But Rule of Three is, and I seem to recall people saying F&F was. Crackdown obviously needs the disc which wouldn't be casually given away. I don't know if there are any other methods.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']I wonder if their doing the region lock thing will stop you from playing?[/quote]

Nope, I'm in.

Game is really great. Bungie, you've done it again.

How is it a game? It's a BETA! Well Cheapy, it's good to hear that you can at least get the Beta considering the recent steps Microsoft took to prevent you from accessing American content.

bread's done
Back