Just got my Halo 3 Beta key!

Wow, now I know what its like to have someone get / play something before me :cry:

I can't believe it's been almost two years since I last played H2, 05/16 seems like forever.

Even me? Like I'm not the biggest Icon in professional gaming? Don't hate, you'll have it soon enough.

But man is it great.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Better to wait a few days then to get banned for something stupid. They need the head start to keep up with my skills[/quote]

I'm surprised you didnt get an invite. You pretty much play Halo 2 every day since release.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Personal friend of Cheapy has it's perks.[/quote]

1. That's not how he got it.

2. Don't sully the good name of The Icon JimmieMac.

[quote name='LiquidNight']So those of us with Crackdown are screwed until the 16th?[/quote]

yes.....screwed is the most appropriate word here.
:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

not really, people who won the code as well don't get it yet either. This is only for certain individuals I believe. I won the code and I still haven't gotten an e-mail

[quote name='Mister Switch']yes.....screwed is the most appropriate word here.
:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:[/QUOTE]And being a douche bag is the most appropriate way to answer my simple question :roll:.
Ignore +1.

[quote name='Zoglog']not really, people who won the code as well don't get it yet either. This is only for certain individuals I believe. I won the code and I still haven't gotten an e-mail[/QUOTE]Okay, thanks.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm surprised you didnt get an invite. You pretty much play Halo 2 every day since release.[/QUOTE]

So have I, and I didn't get one either.

[quote name='daroga']Are any of the codes transferrable? People who are getting like 2 or 3 want to part with one? :)[/QUOTE]
Aren't you one of the anti-Halo freedom fighters?

[quote name='Brak']Aren't you one of the anti-Halo freedom fighters?[/quote]Not the last time I checked.

Let down by Halo 2's single player terribly? Yes. Anti-Halo? Hardly. Both are on my shelf right now. Halo 1 is my favorite console FPS ever, and ranks probably just below the PC version of Half-Life 2 in favorite FPS ever.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']rule of 3 codes in the mail box.[/quote]

really? ... must be a gradual roll-out. presumably to manage server loads for ppl downloading it.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']rule of 3 codes in the mail box.[/QUOTE]

umm...i dunno about that one, i'm in the rule of three, and i sure don't have anything in my box, nor is there any mention of that on bungie.net forums or on GAF.

at least I hope nothing screwed up with my Rule of three invite...

nothing in my rule of three mailbox.

And noone is gonna part with one to give you for free. One was going for 350+ on ebay.

If anyone could toss an extra beta code my way that they don't want to use/sell, I'd much appreciate it.

(tried for both phases and didn't get accepted)

[quote name='Zoglog']http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ndexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

these are the ones that are out, the friends and family codes. NOT the public Beta Codes. Those and the Crackdown one will come on Wed.[/QUOTE]

Wow. :shock:

I can't believe that someone would pay $375 just to play the Halo 3 beta. It's not even the whole game or the helmet edition but a code/key to play a freakin beta that will be available to just about everyone on Wednesday. Unbelievable.

[quote name='AshesofWake']lol they could have just bought crackdown for 60 bucks :rofl:[/quote]

The whole thing is that they play now, not then.

[quote name='help1']The whole thing is that they play now, not then.[/QUOTE]

i don't think waiting 3 days warrants any price over $60+tax

[quote name='Michaellvortega']$375 for a few days early is WAY too much.[/quote]

Rich people need something to spend there money on.

[quote name='KingBroly']How is it a game? It's a BETA! Well Cheapy, it's good to hear that you can at least get the Beta considering the recent steps Microsoft took to prevent you from accessing American content.[/quote]

I am pretty sure I have heard it is only for the movie marketplace at this time...due to the fact msft doesn't have licensing in foreign countries for the films/tv shows

Can anyone with the beta speak on what they have done to the sword and plasma pistol? Those were my 2 biggest things that I wanted to see fixed.

[quote name='Puzznic']Can anyone with the beta speak on what they have done to the sword and plasma pistol? Those were my 2 biggest things that I wanted to see fixed.[/QUOTE]

From reading the 1up impressions posted on Saturday, there isn't any Plasma Sword in the Beta-- so I don't think you'll get any responses on that. As for the Pistol, the shot no longer tracks players nearly as well--- nor can you noob it up by going dualie and just have a consistently powered up shot, because it drains the ammo constantly. That being said, it works on vehicles as well, like some sort of EMP-- it disables it for a time.

you can read more here:
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pager.offset=2&cId=3159490

[quote name='Puzznic']Can anyone with the beta speak on what they have done to the sword and plasma pistol? Those were my 2 biggest things that I wanted to see fixed.[/QUOTE]

Podtacular.com has a very insightful podcast out right now eps 113. Talks about all the new changes.

Noob combo still works hella well. It just take better timing to use it well. My favorite change is reduced auto-aim on everything. It actually feels like it takes skill to get head shots now.

[quote name='jigglyspy']Noob combo still works hella well. It just take better timing to use it well. My favorite change is reduced auto-aim on everything. It actually feels like it takes skill to get head shots now.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering that. Every video I watched it seemed like the player had trouble getting a lock on the enemy's heads. Kinda sucks if you ask me. I loved the aiming system in H1 and H2.

I don't feel the targeting reticle stick at all when it's red in Halo 3. I'm especially having trouble with sniper. I guess I'm just used to letting the auto-aim do the work for me. Overall Halo 3 feels much closer to halo 1 than halo 2 did.

[quote name='jigglyspy']I don't feel the targeting reticle stick at all when it's red in Halo 3. I'm especially having trouble with sniper. I guess I'm just used to letting the auto-aim do the work for me. Overall Halo 3 feels much closer to halo 1 than halo 2 did.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. When you say that I have to ask about bullet lag. The sniping in Halo 1 is way harder than it is in H2, but that's fine with me, I prefer the H2 sniping because when you're playing H2 online, you're damn glad that the auto aim is more forgiving because then you just have to account for the game's lag, not the built in bullet lag that existed with Halo 1's sniping.

Halo 1 sniper bullet lag + online game lag = bad news.

There isn't any game lag when your shooting. The only differences between the Halo 2 sniper and the Halo 3 sniper are far less auto-aim now and the gun recoils after you shoot in halo 3, so you have to somewhat realign your shot. As for online lag I haven't experienced any yet. It' probably a combination of better network code and the fact that rumble pit matches in the beta are only 6 player max. Most of my matches have only had 4 or 5 players.

[quote name='jigglyspy']There isn't any game lag when your shooting. The only differences between the Halo 2 sniper and the Halo 3 sniper are far less auto-aim now and the gun recoils after you shoot in halo 3, so you have to somewhat realign your shot. As for online lag I haven't experienced any yet. It' probably a combination of better network code and the fact that rumble pit matches in the beta are only 6 player max. Most of my matches have only had 4 or 5 players.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. So what I'm really asking is do you have to lead players or not like you had to in H1?

No you don't have to lead. Wherever the crosshair is when you pull the trigger is where the bullet will hit. Hopefully it's still like that with more players in matches.

All of the new changes that I have read sound great.

Sniping moving targets should be hard. The sniper rifle should be more for slow moving and stationary targets IMO.

Have they implemented anything for the retards that like to kill themselves continuously and move the score way down into the negatives, and ruin the game for the team?

So who bought an extra copy of Crackdown w/Halo 3 Beta in hopes of cashing in?

bread's done
Back