Just got this strange call from Gamestop..

ITDEFX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I have shopped at gamestop/eb a few times using the 10%/25% Coupon but never gotten a call from them (Automated) asking me about my recent visit to a game stop (It didn't mention store number or address). It asked me if I had a good experiance at GS/EB press 1 for yes and 9 for no. I accidently pressed 2 and it said "GREAT" and moved on to the next question and asked would you recommend GS to friends and family and same thing 1 for yes, 9 for no..so I hit 9 and then the system hung up on me. The number was 817-722-7981 and I googled it so it looked like it came from GS HQ. I wonder why it did this? Some GS are great as they go all the way to helping you out and others are just plain horrible. Wish it could have told me which game stop it was calling about since I visited about 3 in the last 2 weeks. I haven't pre-ordered anything from them in a long time (CNC3 last year, but I cancelled later on) it nor have the Edge card anymore, so how does the system know my number? Weird

GS called me after the DMC4 preorder also, asking me about my experience. They think they're are doing a good thing, but IMO, they'd be doing a good thing if they were back to an old EB Games with everything how it use to be ($5 Edge, morning online updates, 14 day return policy, penalize people for now box/instruction).

Hate to bump this old thread. But this number just called me too. They don't leave a message, but they sent me a text message!! It said PLEASE CALL. I'm weirded out.

They do this randomly to poll/survey customers. You know how on your receipt it always says
Tell us how we did! ENTER FOR A CANCE TO WIN A PS3 AND A Wii!!

Enter to win by completing a brief survey about your store visit at:
www.TellGameStop.com
and at the bottom of the receipt it'll have Feedback Number: ##ABC-DEF# or whatever code?

Those tellgamestop.com and the phone surveys are all just to hear what you think of the store you shopped in. From what I understand what they pay most attention to is if you would recommend the store to family or friends.

I love the fact that you picked an unavailable option and it said "Great!", and when you picked 9 for "No", it just hung up on you. :)

Good grief , bumping this old thread. The other day I got a call from Gamecrazy and it sounded like SLJ talking about Afro Samiri. I didn't answer it but my voice mail got it. Oh well..

No calls from Gamestop since that last call last year.

Ya, I get a call like this every once in a while...

I don't get the point though; like OP said, as soon as you say it sucks, it just hangs up. Haha.

Dell stay calling me

And the worst part is they'll use a live rep....from India.

bread's done
Back