Just heard on CNET: Buzz Out Loud

[quote name='PawnTakesKing']Once and for all: The PS3 is not going anywhere. Sony is not going anywhere. Lock thread.[/quote]

After they are shipped to a store, jusdging by sales numbers, you are quite correct in that the PS3 isn't going anywhere.

[quote name='Thomas96']if a person isnt interested in PS3, or doesn't like it.. why even post in the PS3 threads... Wii fans stay on their board, (except for a few), no PS3 fans go over to the 360 threat starting BS threads about what they don't like about the 360. Same thing on the PSP board... oh some time ago I made a thread.. "Will the PSP Overtake the DS" oh and DS fanboys lit that shit up, but I created that thread for PSP owners who had an opinion on the subject, wasn't trying to make fun of DS, or troll. PS3/ PSP owners likethe system and thats it.. otherwise we're not bothering anyone else, so when you come to a PS3 talking trash, we're going to respond, and its not because we're definsive, or emotional, just giving our opinion about the PS3.[/quote]
And how do you explain the thread just last week where a guy who mostly posts in the ps3 and wii forums comes into the 360 forum to say that "Every 360 game is an FPS" and then when 360 fans argue against that statement they're called "defensive".

[quote name='Maklershed']And how do you explain the thread just last week where a guy who mostly posts in the ps3 and wii forums comes into the 360 forum to say that "Every 360 game is an FPS" and then when 360 fans argue against that statement they're called "defensive".[/QUOTE]

Must have been a Wii fan... or someone who doesn't own crap. So one troll thread last week... PS3 forums get trolls almost daily.

[quote name='Thomas96']Must have been a Wii fan... or someone who doesn't own crap. So one troll thread last week... PS3 forums get trolls almost daily.[/quote]

Take it like a man and quit bitching.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Let me tell you something...(who cares about Universal IMO).

Guess what??? Have I played a single blu-ray movie on my PS3???? No, and I have a decent HDTV too. I already have plenty of awesome PS3 games to play to give shit about blu-ray. The only blu-ray movie I may watch on my PS3 is FFVII: Advent Children (one of the best movies ever IMO).[/QUOTE]

LOFL , Squaresoft fanboys love the PS3 .

Go check out a bookstore .

[quote name='Maklershed']And how do you explain the thread just last week where a guy who mostly posts in the ps3 and wii forums comes into the 360 forum to say that "Every 360 game is an FPS" and then when 360 fans argue against that statement they're called "defensive".[/QUOTE]

Well, to be fair, the thread was perceived as a troll before any rational discussion commenced. (Not to say that the original intent _was_ to troll or not to troll... simply put the fanbase argued for troll very early.) I could see his point, but since he didn't seem to be a 360 owner at the time of the post... it was leaning towards a pure troll thread. Which is a logical assumption, considering this is an internet forum... rife with this or that "console nationalism..."

The problem presented itself when it was shown that he had just bought a 360... so in reality, he was a new owner.... so his perception of game choice may not have been simply a dig at the 360, or for that matter even vested in long stares at the 360 booth inside the local Wal Mart... (of course if it was, it was probably to stare blankly at the stereogram in the corner... heh) He was making an observation, anecdotally, based on what is hyped for the 360... And someone in the thread did the arithmetic and pointed out that the higher percentage of FPSes award went to the PS3 with 17%. :) Now that's someone committed to the art of the forum fight. :)

The concept has, and always will be (on the tubes at least...) that any negative comment is a troll and any positive comment is a fanboy/fangirl. So, when we get beyond the Panglossian view that we could have a rational, level-headed discussion about _anything_ on the internet if we _really_ tried... we collectively have more fun as a group and really don't have the incessant desire to "take all our marbles and go home"... Because thin skin just doesn't make for a fun time on the ol' interweb.

I still get good information from heated troll threads because the defenders do their homework... or at least spend enough time gathering the needed disparate information into one, convenient post. :) Ignoring the pedantic nature of the post(s) themselves and you can get some really slick info....

None of this means we can't have any fun and learn something along the way... G.I. Joe style... "knowing is half the battle..." :D

[quote name='Thomas96']Must have been a Wii fan... or someone who doesn't own crap. So one troll thread last week... PS3 forums get trolls almost daily.[/QUOTE]Very true.
[quote name='dastly75']Take it like a man and quit bitching.[/QUOTE]Your trolling right now. And since I see you don't have a PS3 and PSP, I guess that's why your feeling aren't hurt (what I mean is your feelings aren't hurt because you aren't getting maked fun of while we are as a person) because your another person who believes in the Wii60 movement and will tell us PS3 to stop bitching. Just stay out of the PS3 forum if you have no intention to get one. I don't go to the 360 or Wii forum doing the same thing you do.

[quote name='The Mana Knight'] I guess that's why your feeling aren't hurt because your another person who believes in the Wii60 movement [/QUOTE]
No, his feelings aren't hurt because he isn't a fucking psycho like you.

Who the fuck has feelings for a system?

[quote name='apokalipze2']:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:[/quote]
For me it's :whistle2:s and then :rofl: at the fact that any topic remotely pertinent to the PS3 in a negative fashion turns into a fight.

[quote name='zewone']No, his feelings aren't hurt because he isn't a fucking psycho like you.

Who the fuck has feelings for a system?[/quote]I do. =[

Oh wait, I'm grounded in reality, so I guess not.

[quote name='apokalipze2']:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:[/QUOTE]I didn't mean hurting our feelings as in making fun of PS3 or some console, I was talking about making fun of us in general, that's all (calling us bad things).

And no, I don't have feeling for a game console. Damn, why the fuck does EVERYTHING I say get way blown out of proportion?? I'm a perfectly normal person and many of you think I'm some weirdo.

I think by now, every person on these forums knows what the pros and cons for each console are. It's up to each person to weigh all the factors and decide which platform(s) to buy or not buy, and it should be easy to respect others' decisions, even if you don't agree with them.

PS Saturn rules

Comparing the Saturn to Gizmondo is like comparing John Holmes to a bite-sized Tootsie Roll that's been laying in the sun for two weeks. Some people just don't understand the Saturn....the pinnacle of 2D arcade-style gaming.

Dreamcast is a close second :p

*Thread successfully hijacked*

[quote name='dastly75']Take it like a man and quit bitching.[/QUOTE]

hey now... I welcome trolls! Most of the time, I tell em to STFU! its all good, even though its annoying as hell... I just wanted to put it out there, that PS3 forums have more trolls than the 360 and Wii and PS2 and other threads combined... no trolls gonna come here and talk shit without some recourse...

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Very true.
Your trolling right now. And since I see you don't have a PS3 and PSP, I guess that's why your feeling aren't hurt (what I mean is your feelings aren't hurt because you aren't getting maked fun of while we are as a person) because your another person who believes in the Wii60 movement and will tell us PS3 to stop bitching. Just stay out of the PS3 forum if you have no intention to get one. I don't go to the 360 or Wii forum doing the same thing you do.[/quote]
You sound like an irrational woman. It has nothing to do with what console you own either. I don't give a shit about businesses and whether they are doing well or not. Who are you to say that I am not interested in the ps3 or psp? Well you're right, I'm not interested in consoles, I'm interested in games.

[quote name='dallow']Do you not ever look at NPD threads each month and see sales figures?
GBA has kicked the PS3s ass for many months.
Though PS3 started to beat it for a couple months in a row.

Will GBA punch back?!![/quote]

:applause:

[quote name='dastly75']You sound like an irrational woman. It has nothing to do with what console you own either. I don't give a shit about businesses and whether they are doing well or not. Who are you to say that I am not interested in the ps3 or psp? Well you're right, I'm not interested in consoles, I'm interested in games.[/QUOTE]They both have the best games and SCE has some of the best 1st/2nd party games. You're definitely missing out on a lot of great games by not owning either or both (especially on the PSP, tons and tons of great games on it). You just seem narrow minded to me avoiding them (You bought a 360 near launch when it had no good games, so having good games may not be an issue to you if you bought one at launch, because PS3 and PSP certainly has better games than what the 360 launched with).

[quote name='TimPV3']Ketchup outsold the 360 last week.

That's how relevant the GBA is to the PS3.[/QUOTE]Haha, true.

[quote name='dastly75']Well you're right, I'm not interested in consoles, I'm interested in games.[/QUOTE]That's like saying you're not interested in food, just being full. Which is ridiculous, because I highly doubt you'll go outside and eat shit.

Again, proving my point about you being narrow minded.

"Oh no, I don't agree with this person; I better ignore him. Now I can live in my own little world."

I think a mod should just lock this up, it's going nowhere productive >.>

IMO, this year does belong to the 360 and Wii and PS3 does enough just to get by/suffice with some good exclusives and multi-platforms, but I believe they focused more on the Blu Ray side of things (Hi-Def Format War). Maybe they did or maybe not, I dunno, I don't stay up on all of this, it takes too much time and doesn't have much of a "reward" for doing so anyways >.>

2008 looks to be a lot brighter, like Sony was willing to eat it now with their eyes on the future plans they have for the PS3.

That's how I look at it anyways.

The OP starts a thread with incorrect info.
Doesnt provide a link
And doesnt update the thread when correct info is found.

Garbage thread.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I think a mod should just lock this up, it's going nowhere productive >.>

IMO, this year does belong to the 360 and Wii and PS3 does enough just to get by/suffice with some good exclusives and multi-platforms, but I believe they focused more on the Blu Ray side of things (Hi-Def Format War). Maybe they did or maybe not, I dunno, I don't stay up on all of this, it takes too much time and doesn't have much of a "reward" for doing so anyways >.>

2008 looks to be a lot brighter, like Sony was willing to eat it now with their eyes on the future plans they have for the PS3.

That's how I look at it anyways.[/QUOTE]They mostly included blu-ray because every gen they use a larger disc format. There are PS3 games utilizing the size of the blu-ray disc. Near launch using blu-ray was expensive, but now it's really only $8 more.

Yeah, 2008 for PS3 reminds me of 1997 for PS1. That was the year PS1 really exploded and PS3 looks to do the same IMO, with LittleBigPlanet, MGS4, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, InFamous, Home, etc.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']They mostly included blu-ray because every gen they use a larger disc format. There are PS3 games utilizing the size of the blu-ray disc. Near launch using blu-ray was expensive, but now it's really only $8 more.

Yeah, 2008 for PS3 reminds me of 1997 for PS1. That was the year PS1 really exploded and PS3 looks to do the same IMO, with LittleBigPlanet, MGS4, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, InFamous, Home, etc.[/quote]

I don't recall the PS1 having competition like the Wii, 360, PSP and the DS (yes handhelds are competitors since people only have x amount of dollars for video games and systems). If you are expecting the PS3 to blow up, please don't hold your breath.

[quote name='schuerm26']I don't recall the PS1 having competition like the Wii, 360, PSP and the DS (yes handhelds are competitors since people only have x amount of dollars for video games and systems). If you are expecting the PS3 to blow up, please don't hold your breath.[/QUOTE]N64 was actually very good competition, especially in the U.S. Actually, the N64 was outselling the PS1 for a time period I believe. In Japan though, the N64 might not have done well, but before FFVII came out, PS1 and Saturn sales were neck and neck.

The reason I brought up 1997 for PS1 has NOTHING to do with overall sales, it had to do with games released that year. As much as I love PS1, I'll admit before 1997, there wasn't much really great on it. 1997 is when PS1 exploded with games like Castlevania: SotN, Ace Combat 2, FFVII, PaRappa The Rapper, Mega Man X4 (although it came to Saturn too), Crash Bandicoot 2 (which crushed the original in every way), original Time Crisis, and many more. It was the year PlayStation finally started to come into its own with several AAA games and proving it was a serious gaming console (which finally made me forget my SNES). SCEA looks to release a crazy number of games in 08 (just like 97) and there are many great games coming.

[quote name='Thomas96']if a person isnt interested in PS3, or doesn't like it.. why even post in the PS3 threads... Wii fans stay on their board, (except for a few), no PS3 fans go over to the 360 threat starting BS threads about what they don't like about the 360. Same thing on the PSP board... oh some time ago I made a thread.. "Will the PSP Overtake the DS" oh and DS fanboys lit that shit up, but I created that thread for PSP owners who had an opinion on the subject, wasn't trying to make fun of DS, or troll. PS3/ PSP owners likethe system and thats it.. otherwise we're not bothering anyone else, so when you come to a PS3 talking trash, we're going to respond, and its not because we're definsive, or emotional, just giving our opinion about the PS3.[/QUOTE]

All trolling/fanboyism is annoying, but I think there's a simple reason you see more of it in the PS3 forum as opposed to the Wii or 360. There are a ton of people who were huge PS2 supporters that think Sony's completely screwed up this generation. They're pissed off at the company and vent by talking crap on internet forums. Not saying it's excusable, but I think it's the root cause. If there were loads of Gamecube fans who disliked the Wii or Xbox fans who were pissed about the 360, there'd be the same thing in those forums.

As for me, I read a lot more than I post on this site and stay nearly entirely out of any 'this console's better' discussions, but I'm firmly in the camp I described above. The PS2 was hands down my favorite console last generation. This time around, I love my 360, enjoy my Wii (even if I wish it had more good games) and have no interest in owning PS3 at this point in time. In early 2006, the PS3 was the only 'next gen' console I was interested in and Sony pretty much killed my interest through a series of what I believe to be critical mistakes. I'm sure I'll still get one, but unless there's a sudden drought of quality games for the other two consoles, I'll most likely be waiting another year or two to pick it up at a cheaper price. I keep an eye on the PS3 forums, though, just to see if anything comes up to change my mind and to stay informed of what's going on with the system. I'm guessing that's what a lot of the 'trolls' are doing, but instead of just taking in information, they get frustrated and occasionally bash the console.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']N64 was actually very good competition, especially in the U.S. Actually, the N64 was outselling the PS1 for a time period I believe. In Japan though, the N64 might not have done well, but before FFVII came out, PS1 and Saturn sales were neck and neck.

The reason I brought up 1997 for PS1 has NOTHING to do with overall sales, it had to do with games released that year. As much as I love PS1, I'll admit before 1997, there wasn't much really great on it. 1997 is when PS1 exploded with games like Castlevania: SotN, Ace Combat 2, FFVII, PaRappa The Rapper, Mega Man X4 (although it came to Saturn too), Crash Bandicoot 2 (which crushed the original in every way), original Time Crisis, and many more. It was the year PlayStation finally started to come into its own with several AAA games and proving it was a serious gaming console (which finally made me forget my SNES). SCEA looks to release a crazy number of games in 08 (just like 97) and there are many great games coming.[/quote]

I wasn't really aware of sales back then so you could very well be right. I know there wasn't as ,much competition as there is now though. Lets face it. There are 5 good systems out. PS3 seems to be in 5th place though currently.

As for the games, yes there WILL be an explosion of good games. Just like there is for the Wii right now. I always thought the Wii had good games before now, until I played some of the ones coming out. The old ones are crap compared to the ones coming out now. Same will happen for the PS3.

I eventually will get one (as I like Ratchet and Clank, Jak, Sly Cooper and that Drake's Fortune game looks real good), but I just can't justify spending so much on a video game system and then $60 per game. Same reason for why I got rid of my 360. I just can't justify spending $60 on a game I want to play. Especially when great games like Zack and Wiki and MLB Power Pros come out for $39.99 on the Wii.

I"m honestly one of those that will likely own all three systems this gen otherwise theres just to much you'll miss out on gaming wise. Right now though the PS3 IS behind and will likely stay that way for some time as the 360 lineup is starting to really come into its own as Nintendo has thrown up several great titles this year with more to come next year. I honestly just don't see PS3 holding the number one spot this time round I just really don't see how their going to do it.

As far as the N64 being good competition for the PS1 I'd say they weren't for very long I was a huge nintendo fanboy at that time and even I would of told you back then that the PS1 had more top titles for it than my poor N64 did. Nintendo could of done several things then to make themselves more appealing in the market going with carts instead of disk was a stupid idea and cost them.

This time its almost as if going with Blue Ray is cosing the PS3 currently its very reminesent of the N64/PS1 era when you look at it. Nintendo had an attitude of "hey were nintendo we'll do what we want and you'll buy it!" now the shoes on the other foot so to speak.

P.S. my first sony console was the PSP , never was interested in the PS1 or 2 at all and from my PSP experience I have to say you have to really dig for the gems amoungst the rehashed and poorly implemented game titles that are on it. Looking at the PS1 and PS2 shelves it was much the same a few gems amoungst a ton of mediocraty. I'm hoping the PS3 is a little more solid than that but I'm not holding my breath :(.

[quote name='PhoenixT']
P.S. my first sony console was the PSP , never was interested in the PS1 or 2 at all and from my PSP experience I have to say you have to really dig for the gems amoungst the rehashed and poorly implemented game titles that are on it. Looking at the PS1 and PS2 shelves it was much the same a few gems amoungst a ton of mediocraty. I'm hoping the PS3 is a little more solid than that but I'm not holding my breath :(.[/quote]

I've considered a PSP. I love the hardware. It just looks really well thought out. When I look at the selection of games I'm always left with the feeling of, "Well, what would I play?"

That's just me - The games for the PSP don't line up with my tastes. I just look at it and think.. If only there were something on it that *I'd* like...

[quote name='Brad Bishop']I've considered a PSP. I love the hardware. It just looks really well thought out. When I look at the selection of games I'm always left with the feeling of, "Well, what would I play?"

That's just me - The games for the PSP don't line up with my tastes. I just look at it and think.. If only there were something on it that *I'd* like...[/QUOTE]No interesting PSP games eh??? Take a look at my list then. ;)

[quote name='Brad Bishop']I've considered a PSP. I love the hardware. It just looks really well thought out. When I look at the selection of games I'm always left with the feeling of, "Well, what would I play?"

That's just me - The games for the PSP don't line up with my tastes. I just look at it and think.. If only there were something on it that *I'd* like...[/QUOTE]

Not to venture too far off topic (sorry, moderators...)

For me, (YMMV, as always), I'm a big fan of the PSP's RPG selection. If you're not into that genre, there's always the platformers... (some bite, but some are really good... as platformers go.) I really enjoyed Death Jr... but that could be because I got it at Sears one year for $5.99 :) I'm currently playing Dungeon Siege (a great Diablo-esque clone that's got some interesting elements to it w/r/t runes and the like...) And who can forget Castlevania. :)

My other favorite genre is balanced between fighting and racing... (I love Ridge Racer 2 on the PSP... smooth as glass and beautiful to behold on the little thing...)

I haven't tried any of the FPS-esque games, because I'm weakest in that area of gameplay (and don't get very far at all..) The classic compilations can be had for $20 or less now on the PSP (Namco, Genesis, and the like...) with the "best in show" nod (for my tastes) going to the Genesis Collection. It's like having a Nomad with better battery life and not as bulky. ;) heh.

And with the PSP getting more seamlessly integrated into the PS3's future, I can see possibilities with the unit coupled with a PS3 that we're just now scratching the surface of... (Plus, the PSP makes a fairly decent media player with a gorgeous screen...)

I see a useful future for all the major consoles... regardless of who finishes first... ;) These are big corporations, so we're not exactly weeping over a busload of orphans if they somehow 'lose' this generation to a competitor. We all win, unless we're really rigid in our 'brand loyalty'. :) And the games will keep getting better, as we weed out the shovelware of course.

[quote name='Thomas96']Must have been a Wii fan... or someone who doesn't own crap. So one troll thread last week... PS3 forums get trolls almost daily.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah fucking right. :roll: Whenever TMK or yourself posts outside the PS3 forum, it either to bash M$ or Nintendo, or to save your precious Sony (or in TMKs case; to make general topic threads to try and save face and not seem like the biggest fucking nerd on this earth).

[quote name='mykevermin']Oh, fuckin' grow up. All of you think you're the biggest victim, no matter if you tend to support this company or that.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='zewone']No, his feelings aren't hurt because he isn't a fucking psycho like you.

Who the fuck has feelings for a system?[/QUOTE]

:applause: :applause: :applause:

You know, I think I'm actually starting to not hate you . . .

[quote name='The Mana Knight']No interesting PSP games eh??? Take a look at my list then. ;)[/quote]

not to get us farther off topic but on that PSP list I see a lot of ports from console PS1 or PS2 game to a PSP format thats not really "creative" or "new" or even a game made with the PSP in mind its just ported over so now you can play FF2 for the billion time now on your PSP instead of your PS1,PS2,gameboy advanced or DS ....yeah. Mind you thats just one example but theres a lot of console ports of games that just don't really sell anymore that their cashing on on the PSP which is my main gripe with it really. The PS3 however looks like it will finally start picking up steam sometime next year which is good, christmas would of been better but next year will do :).

bread's done
Back