Just spent $75 on a new game! Whats that make me?

Just get a friend like me in Vegas and i'll buy the game and ship it to you. Shouldn't take more than a day, and i can get instore deals.

Oh well.

[quote name='Deadpool']Just get a friend like me in Vegas and i'll buy the game and ship it to you. Shouldn't take more than a day, and i can get instore deals.

Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Well thanx for the offer. Thats pretty cool. I'll keep you in mind next time I don't feel like spending an extra $15 on a game.

well I am now pissed as this game has a major freezing problem! The last 2 games I played both ended up freezing!! And so far the only solution seems to be to take your hard drive off, which then you can't save! Or reformat your harddrive and well fuck that!!!

I am debating right now if I can somehow email gamestop.com and see if I can get my money back, (which is like a 5% chance max) or wait it out and hopefully there wil be a patch to download.

Well if you do need to format your HDD which it does sound like, try to borrow a memorycard from someone and transfer the stuff so you can reformat now. It will only get worse with time.

geez, I havent paid that much for a game since Phantasy Star series for genesis, and at least they held up in value more than a fairly common sports title you can find anywhere on release day

[quote name='Deadpool']Well if you do need to format your HDD which it does sound like, try to borrow a memorycard from someone and transfer the stuff so you can reformat now. It will only get worse with time.[/QUOTE]

I have a mem card, but I have a bunch of stuff and I don't think they will all fit on the mem card. I have 7 different gamer profiles on my 360 and all the downloaded stuff I would have to download again, and some data can't be transfered such as DOA4. And I have all characters and all outfits unlocked. I would hate to lose that. I'm going to see how much I can fit on my card though then decide if it is worth it or not.

[quote name='mr ryles']Are you talking about me?![/QUOTE]

no the op

[quote name='jer7583']no the op[/QUOTE]
wait you are the op, yeah then you.

[quote name='mr ryles']well I am now pissed as this game has a major freezing problem! The last 2 games I played both ended up freezing!! And so far the only solution seems to be to take your hard drive off, which then you can't save! Or reformat your harddrive and well fuck that!!!

I am debating right now if I can somehow email gamestop.com and see if I can get my money back, (which is like a 5% chance max) or wait it out and hopefully there wil be a patch to download.[/quote]
Why not just go buy a new hard drive plus overnight shipping? Takes care of the problem.

You've had some experience with overnight shipping, so I've been told.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']ahhh its you again!!! [/quote]

:rofl:please do not change your avatar! if it wasn't for your avatars, i would always confuse one basketc/kase for another!

ps. this reminds me of the thread with the two "james". remember that fiasco?

Mr. Riles, I feel your pain. I live in Ely. At least you have a walmart. I have to drive 200 miles to Elko to get to a walmart. Why dont you try places that have free/cheap shipping? Deepdiscountdvd allways has free shipping, but they dont have many games. Overstocks free/cheap shipping isnt too bad for me because they ship from SLC. I get most stuff in a couple of days.

edit: I know amazon has a shipping depot in either Fallon or Fernley. Regular ground shipping would be free and get to you in a day or two. But you will still be stuck with tax.

[quote name='shrike4242']Why not just go buy a new hard drive plus overnight shipping? Takes care of the problem.

You've had some experience with overnight shipping, so I've been told.[/QUOTE]

:lol: now that's mean!

[quote name='BasketCase1080']ahhh its you again!!! To the OP, its your own fucking fault for getting overnight shipping... seriously, dont complain when its your own fucking fault its so expensive.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! On top of that old gamers know of a day in the 16-bit era when $69 carts were the norm. Basically any Square game was at least $69, if you got it at Babbage's you were looking at $74.99 minimum. Same thing for Ogre Battle and tons of other RPGS.

[quote name='mr ryles']I new the hate on sporting titles would come, theres nothingnon sport fan gamers love to rip on more than spending money on a sports title. It's an Addiction I have loved sports all my life, basketball, football, baseball, I love them all dearly. I have other opinions on gamers who hate on sports, but thats not what this thread is for.

And to answer another user about it being my fault for spending $75 I am fully aware of that. It is an addiction to buy all the new video games, and I think by spending $75 on one game I realized my addiction and just how sad it is that developers keep jacking up prices and I keep paying them.[/quote]

People hate on sports games because game studios repackage the same crap from the year before with pretty new menus, an updated roster, and a few added baubles. Major portions of the underlying code is essentially the same as the previous umpteen incarnations. It bothers me that publishers charge full price even though most of the game is reused, and the only way to change this and promote creativity is not to buy it. Knowing this, I would rather give my money to a completely new game in a totally different genre.

In your case, since it is the first year of a baseball title on the 360 I can understand why you'd buy it since that is what you love. However, just knowing how fast sports games drop in price, I could never bring myself to even spend 19.99 on one, let alone 75 dollars.

[quote name='mr ryles']well I am now pissed as this game has a major freezing problem! The last 2 games I played both ended up freezing!! And so far the only solution seems to be to take your hard drive off, which then you can't save! Or reformat your harddrive and well fuck that!!!

I am debating right now if I can somehow email gamestop.com and see if I can get my money back, (which is like a 5% chance max) or wait it out and hopefully there wil be a patch to download.[/QUOTE]

Or you could search around and find that slow harddrives and freezing are usually caused by two things, poor air circulation for both the system and the power brick . Or a fragmented drive, which can be fixed by holding in the A button during boot. Back on topic? Why the fuck did you buy overnight shipping? I find it hard to believe that no stores near you carry this game. Wal-mart, kmart, best buy, circuit city, c'mon man, there had to have been a better solution.

[quote name='jer7583']wait you are the op, yeah then you.[/QUOTE]

So what exactly did I say to you in that PM that offended me so much? I guess I'm going senile at the young age of 19 cuz I never sent you a PM, and i'm a white guy so not much offends me.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']Or you could search around and find that slow harddrives and freezing are usually caused by two things, poor air circulation for both the system and the power brick . Or a fragmented drive, which can be fixed by holding in the A button during boot. Back on topic? Why the fuck did you buy overnight shipping? I find it hard to believe that no stores near you carry this game. Wal-mart, kmart, best buy, circuit city, c'mon man, there had to have been a better solution.[/QUOTE]

for the 4th maybe 5th time I have had to post this, I ONLY HAVE A WALMART WHERE I LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THERE SELECTION IS TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow... i just played mlb 2k6 today and i gotta tell ya, its fucking terrible. I have never played such an awful baseball game. Even the nes baseball games were better. Id seriously cancel your preorder and rent this first...

I would suggest you buy amazon.com prime and maybe i'm wrong, you can get overnight shipping for only like $4.00 bucks. That would save lots or money or the fact that many things ship from nevada especially for eb, since they have a distribution center there, buy 2 or ground, that would be cheaper, still would get same time.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']wow... i just played mlb 2k6 today and i gotta tell ya, its fucking terrible. I have never played such an awful baseball game. Even the nes baseball games were better. Id seriously cancel your preorder and rent this first...[/QUOTE]

A little late for that, but I love it now. After I fixed my freezing problem and can actually play my franchise mode it is great! It took about 5 games to finally get passed the learning curve but once I got over that hill i love it. A worthy purchase now and will probably be playing it until all ends of the night for the next few days.

Hopefully a patch comes out soon though so I don't have to keep taking my HDD out every time I want to play this game. Supposedly 2kgames is already working on it though so that's a good sign.

[quote name='mr ryles']A little late for that, but I love it now. After I fixed my freezing problem and can actually play my franchise mode it is great! It took about 5 games to finally get passed the learning curve but once I got over that hill i love it. A worthy purchase now and will probably be playing it until all ends of the night for the next few days.

Hopefully a patch comes out soon though so I don't have to keep taking my HDD out every time I want to play this game. Supposedly 2kgames is already working on it though so that's a good sign.[/QUOTE]

Here's the 1up.com article for what's happening with MLB 2k6

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3149557

When I read it today I immediately remembered your thread. I thought "man that sucks. This guy just forked over damn near $80 for a buggy game." Hopefully they do something for you soon.

[quote name='basketkase543']Here's the 1up.com article for what's happening with MLB 2k6

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3149557

When I read it today I immediately remembered your thread. I thought "man that sucks. This guy just forked over damn near $80 for a buggy game." Hopefully they do something for you soon.[/QUOTE]

well it's fine now as I just take my HDD off and save to my memory card and then there is no more freezing.

[quote name='depascal22']What's so important in Winnemucca that's keeping you there? There's always Reno to the west and Salt Lake to the East.[/QUOTE]

Although I cant speak personally for the OP, I am in about the same situation in a very rural Northern Nevada town. In these areas, some of the top employers are the government and mines. Right now, prices for precious and commodity metals are at all time highs. The mines pay alot of money, and the cost of living in these smaller towns is much less than in a bigger city. Although I havent looked at Winnemucca in a year, last year you could get a 3br house for about 70-75k. That is ridiculously cheap. And couple that with entry level mine jobs paying 50k/yr or more, you learn to live with some of the incoveniences. I work in healthcare and can work anywhere in the US, if not most of the entire deveoloped world. I make about 2.5x working in the country than I did in a big city. Plus my housing costs are super low. I bought a house recently for 125k. Where Im from originally, that wouldnt hardly get you a lot within 50 miles of town.

To answer the OP's question:

All it makes you is a person willing to pay $75 for a game that you want. Nothing more Nothing less.

good luck and enjoy your game

bread's done
Back