Just walked out of Miami Vice

[quote name='Strell']How in the hell did I suddenly start parading myself in this thread?

I'll be the first to admit my online persona is a boastful bastard.

This is why it is an online persona. 'Cuz I don't get to act like this much in real life, so I get a few kicks in here online.

Now I dunno what the conversation was about anymore, but I'm amused I'm getting chided (if indirectly) for something I really don't have anything to do with.

That makes me feel good.

And hard.

And for the record, me being discussed in reference to something I have nothing to do with is precisely what might make me act pompous. Therein lies the irony and rub, Hamlet.[/quote]

Notice, Strell, that I never actually criticised anyone for being pompous in their online persona... I even suggest that I am frequently a pompous ass myself. I was more getting to the point that redvsblue was making an absolute statement and then being very subjective in his application of it.

This thread is made of angst. Still good though.

Kind of on topic: Phone Booth was a great movie. It's one of those movies that is really good the first time you see it and worthless from then on (because you know exactly what's going to happen). That doesn't mean it's bad!

Off topic: Girls will always say they don't like getting hit on because if they DO say they like it then they look like sluts (that's bad). They continue going to the bars to find a suitable mate just like guys do. I don't think any girl will tell you she is just a normal barfly looking for the penis. She will say she's special and waiting for the right guy to come along and blah blah blah. In truth she's just waiting for somebody decent looking enough that she can leave with while maintaining or increasing her social worth.

This is the reason fat guys aren't good pick-up artists but average guys can be. If you leave with a fatty everybody around you will assume you're easy or desperate or a loser. If an average joe charms a girl that girl will have no idea that the guy is actually a loser douchebag. She will assume that leaving with him will not decrease her worth and will leave with him.

Frat boys using stupid lines like "can ah buy you a drink sweetie baby?" are assumed by most women to be of low value. Guys who are genuinely likable (OR SEMI-WEIRD) stand a much better shot. As is shown in the classic example of this thread. Of course women never mention that they screen for looks before anything else just like we do...

[quote name='Strell']Best post of this thread, easily.[/quote]

Is that's like being declared winner at the Special Olympics?
Anyways, many of jaykrue's comments earlier in this thread eclipse this one in wisdom, readability, and general usefulness.

I had to see if a Miami Vice thread had actually stayed on topic for 150 posts, and after a few pages, I thought it miraculously had. Then I kept reading. :lol:

[quote name='JSweeney']
Anyways, many of jaykrue's comments earlier in this thread eclipse this one in wisdom, readability, and general usefulness.[/QUOTE]

Yep. This thread is a testament to that.

Really.

Really.

218700~Miami-Vice-Posters.jpg

They really need to stop bringing back TV franchises to movies unless they try to stay true to the source material (Dukes of Hazzard anyone?). Adding grit to some something doesn't make it cool. Wearing pastels and shoes with no socks is cool, and stinky.

[quote name='neocisco']This thread should be retitled "Just walked out of the OTT".[/quote]

Yeah, it probably should.
That said, I'd have to agree with most of the people saying that most movies strying from their source material tend to meet with a poor fate... they don't please the fanbase of the source material, and people who weren't fans of the source material usually could care less unless it's an exceptional movie.
Judging by the press on the movie, Miami Vice isn't one of those instances.

[quote name='slimpip']For what it's worth, I really enjoyed Miami Vice. :)[/QUOTE]
Who's talking about Miami Vice anymore?

Get on topic :roll: :lol:

bread's done
Back