just watched the history of Final Fantasy...

Jewelz23

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I will never be convinced that FF8 is NOT the best FF game out there...loved the story and style to that game the most.

[quote name='Jewelz23']I will never be convinced that FF8 is NOT the best FF game out there...loved the story and style to that game the most.[/quote]

Is it worth the extra $10?

[quote name='encendido5']Is it worth the extra $10?[/QUOTE]
it depends, for the most part the extras are never worth it IMO and the history video just gives background on all the titles which you can find on Wikipedia.

The guy's voice is horrible as well, he has no sort of emotion detailing the history...that disappointed me.

[quote name='Strell']I guess 8 is good if you like Dashboard Confessional and update your LiveJournal a lot.[/QUOTE]
story wise, pretty tough to argue against FF8...it was love...

the whole style was just it for me, loved the music as well...it was orgasmic for me at times.

I have played ALL except 11, but not in order.

I played 7 first...loved that so much that I went back and played the previous games.

then when Part 8 came out...great game. I was waiting for the release date to come and it delivered completely for me.

Did not like part 9 too much, part 10 was cool, I feel that X-2 was not as bad as others say it is.

About to start 12

[quote name='Strell']I guess 8 is good if you like Dashboard Confessional and update your LiveJournal a lot.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

I have to disagree OP. FF8 was by far the worst and FF4 is and always will be the best.

not sure what history video you're talking about, (would it happen to be a collectors edition extra?) but 9 was always my favorite. Each characters story was very deep and just about every character could have been the lead character, unlike others where the story for the additional characters was not as deep.

while the junction system threw me off..i was still curious..i lent the game to my friend at the time..and he moved to GA without telling me..(he was supposed to move at least 6 months from when he actually did) and he took my ff8 with him :(!!!

[quote name='rodeojones903']:rofl:

I have to disagree OP. FF8 was by far the worst and FF4 is and always will be the best.[/QUOTE]
wrong!

Squall is a hero to all Emos!

This is Squall if he were a real life boy:

Squall.jpg

Oops, missing his Emo glasses:

Squallcopy.jpg

There we go.

[quote name='Jewelz23'][quote name='rodeojones903']:rofl:

I have to disagree OP. FF8 was by far the worst and FF4 is and always will be the best.[/QUOTE]
wrong![/QUOTE]

Why is he wrong? Isn't he allowed to an opinion just as you stated your's?:)

Besides, you never say why the game is the best. You say the story was great... but you never really say why the story is great. I mean, I can say Squall is a homosexual but that doesn't mean anything unless I prove it.

BTW, Squall is a homosexual for refusing Rinoa for almost 3/4 of the game. Seriously, she was basically putting out and Squall was like "NO! I wanna do more sword fighting with Seifer. His sword is so.. big. And it shoots with such power!"

All joking aside, I also agree FFVIII was probably one of the... crappier FFs. It's no where near as bad as FFX-2 but it's pretty bad, like a 7/10 bad (that's bad for a FF game anyway).:lol: The love theme of the story really conflicted with the main story of "save the world" and Squall and Seifer's conflict. I also hated the damn draw system, it was tedious beyond belief... having to go to that one stop in the world map just to replenish my Ultima spells really sucked.

Oh, and how long is that history of FF movie?

I'll just wait on getting FFXII for a good price then. I should just PM BB to CC to get the extra art book.

I've only played 6 and 7 to completion and they were both pretty awesome. I started to play 8, but stopped because I was juggling Chrono Cross at the same time and I think I just got overloaded. I still need to go back and play the old ones too.

Well, as much as i want to watch that, the guys voice is beyond comedic. :rofl:

I love FF8. But, having said that, it is still one of the weaker entries in the series. I enjoyed the story, and the setting, but the magic draw system remains the worst game mechanic in any FF, sans FF2s hit your own guys system.

I play 4 every year around June, and I can't really argue against it for the best in the series. I'm loving 12 so far.

Just finished getting all 4. Thanks again for that tip Roufuss.

That voice is pretty bad though :lol:

edit: just watched up to FFVII and still no mention of Biggs or Wedge :cry:

FF 6 is the best, FF 4 is quite great as well and I loved playing 9 because it was fun, even if it wasnt great.
FF8 is pretty terrible gameplay wise, but not bad story wise, I think its the only one I didnt finish however.

[quote name='rodeojones903']:rofl:

I have to disagree OP. FF8 was by far the worst and FF4 is and always will be the best.[/quote]

I 100% agree with this. I could not stand FF8. Worst of the series by far IMHO.

TBW

I didn't "get" Final Fantasy 8 at first and it was my least favorite. But my brother kept insisting it was amazing, and years later I finally started it again.

It *is* really good, it just takes a while to "grasp" the game's "system". Once you do, it's not too hard, and works well gameplay wise.

I didn't think the story was as good as 9 or 10, but it was good.

My order is:

1) Final Fantasy 9, 10-IMO the best in the series both for gameplay, story, graphics, and music. Just brilliant (and both had me crying a little bit at the end, just because they were so beautiful).
2) Final Fantasy 6, 7, 8 (maaaaaaybe 8's a bit lower than the other two)-I'll throw Chrono Trigger in here as a bonus too :)
3) Final Fantasy 1, 5-these are mostly fun just on a technical gameplay level-all the customization, etc. But the storys and amount of experience collecting you have to do drag them down.
4) Final Fantasy 4-I loved the "easy" version back on the SNES, but didn't like the original version when I played that as much. It was revolutionary at the time, but IMO hasn't aged as well as some of the others.
5) Final Fantasy 2-The weakest, though it's not as bad as it seems at first. And no, you don't need to hit your own characters to play it-I didn't do that at all, and I did relatively little experience collecting (maybe an hour or two out of 55 hours). It definitely has the worst system of the series though. But it is kind of the first Saga game (and MUCH better than the later Saga games, but not as good as the three Gameboy Sagas)

I haven't played Final Fantasy 3 yet (obviously) or 12. I'm not sure how 12 is going to be without the Final Fantasy guy.

I got FF12 for $38, so there's no way those videos would be worth $20-especially when it's not actually the guy who made the series talking about it!

[quote name='Roufuss']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yakwnAdxtM

I just saved you $10.

LOL... that voice is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Is there anything not on YouTube?:lol:

It's too bad I already have the LE and don't want to bother returning it... I think it's a nice package and the FF fan in me won't let me return it. As much as I despise what the series has become, it's been a long time since I ventured on an FF quest.:)

[quote name='Puppy']I didn't "get" Final Fantasy 8 at first and it was my least favorite. But my brother kept insisting it was amazing, and years later I finally started it again.

It *is* really good, it just takes a while to "grasp" the game's "system". Once you do, it's not too hard, and works well gameplay wise.

I didn't think the story was as good as 9 or 10, but it was good.

My order is:

1) Final Fantasy 9, 10-IMO the best in the series
both for gameplay, story, graphics, and music. Just brilliant (and both had me crying a little bit at the end, just because they were so beautiful).
2) Final Fantasy 6, 7, 8 (maaaaaaybe 8's a bit lower than the other two)-I'll throw Chrono Trigger in here as a bonus too :)
3) Final Fantasy 1, 5-these are mostly fun just on a technical gameplay level-all the customization, etc. But the storys and amount of experience collecting you have to do drag them down.
4) Final Fantasy 4-I loved the "easy" version back on the SNES, but didn't like the original version when I played that as much. It was revolutionary at the time, but IMO hasn't aged as well as some of the others.
5) Final Fantasy 2-The weakest, though it's not as bad as it seems at first. And no, you don't need to hit your own characters to play it-I didn't do that at all, and I did relatively little experience collecting (maybe an hour or two out of 55 hours). It definitely has the worst system of the series though. But it is kind of the first Saga game (and MUCH better than the later Saga games, but not as good as the three Gameboy Sagas)

I haven't played Final Fantasy 3 yet (obviously) or 12. I'm not sure how 12 is going to be without the Final Fantasy guy.

I got FF12 for $38, so there's no way those videos would be worth $20-especially when it's not actually the guy who made the series talking about it![/QUOTE]
of course ff10 has better graphics than ff2

[quote name='baddtm']is this everything on the bonus disc?[/quote]

There's and interview and an art gallery and something else....it'll all be on youtube eventually.

Favorites from the top:
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX

well from the one's I've played/beaten

[quote name='hollowfreak']I liked how it was the "history of" but they left out the bastard child known as Crystal Chronicles.[/QUOTE]

Did you forget it's twin brother Mystic Quest?

From my experience... FF XII was my favorite out of the 3D ones... with IX right behind it...

From the 2D side, IV and VI reign supreme.

I agree with you OP.

Squall is emo? Yeah you're right, the story had more of an emotional base and drive.

Probably one my favorite scene/events in a game is "The Landing" in FFVIII disc 2.

I used to love VIII, I annoyed many people telling them to play it. But after replaying it recently, I found it not to be as such. The whole draw system and ten minute summons. And the story is a bit weak, but I still like it, just not the 10/10 I would've given it at first, I agree with one of the above posters, it's more like 7-8/10.

I still like VI the best. It was my first real FF I played though, so that explains a lot. VII is pretty close too, it just hasn't aged as gracefully as VI's 2D art.

That voice is so strange. I don't even think it's human. I think it's gotta be one of those computer text-speech converter voices. I know I've heard the same EXACT voice used in several Playstation 2 early games, like sky oddyssey, to tell you the mission objectives.. just sounds too plain and perfect to be human.

Anyone else feel a little uncomfortable when he talks about the "lovable" moogles and how "heartwarming" it was to see Cid in every game? lol

Thanks for the link Roufuss. You just gave me a way to waste time at work.

How come when Final Fantasy gets brought up a "which Final Fantasy is the best" debate always starts? It's exhausting.

[quote name='Sleepkyng']there's no debate - we all know VI is the best.[/quote]Close the thread. Well, if this were a thread about which FF is the best. Since it's not... continue.

Story was decent, music was down-right AWESOME (best of the series IMO), but the gameplay was horrible.

FF7 is, and will always remain, my favorite FF.

BTB, I think the CE is worth it for the case alone.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Story was decent, music was down-right AWESOME (best of the series IMO), but the gameplay was horrible.

FF7 is, and will always remain, my favorite FF.

BTB, I think the CE is worth it for the case alone.[/QUOTE]

FF6 mops the shit with that pathetic excuse of gameplay FF7 had.

FF7 - "Have all your characters do the strongest fucking spell 8 fucking times at the beginning of each battle!"

That should have been the slogan, but I guess the fuckers couldn't fit it on the package, or find a cool enough font to print it in.

At least FF6 restricted some attacks and things. I would have liked it to not be as open as it was, but it was still much less gaudy.

FF7 pwns FF6 in the "worst snowboard minigame in an FF title" category. You got me there.

ff8 was fucking terrible.

those characters were so boring and flat - there seemed to be almost no development whatsoever in terms of reaction to aspects of plot, assumptions of power etc.

it was a really bad soap opera with GFs

I asked God and he (it?) said that Mystic Quest is the best one. So that settles the argument once and for all.

My favorite in order:

Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy X/X-2
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy II

I haven't beaten XII yet, so I'll add it in later.

The original is my favorite for the choosing of your party from the start. It adds tons of replay value to tackle the game with a different roster each and every time you play through. the story was the most cliche thing ever, but that was the game that set that cliche into motion.

Oh and I don't count XI as a part of the series since it was an MMO.

[quote name='2Fast']I asked God and he (it?) said that Mystic Quest is the best one. So that settles the argument once and for all.[/QUOTE]

Can ya gimmie an "amen?"

ffmq-doboz.gif

I'm just disappointed that they didn't add any clips of FFXIII in the clip. They mentioned it and their spin-offs, but no demo clip at all.

bread's done
Back