Justice Leauge Finally DVD Boxset Season 1 March 21st 2006

Finally!! Hopefully they'll decide on bringing Batman Beyond out at some point. At least WB is giving boxsets after those individual DVD releases of JL & other seires that they've been shafting us with since the DVD era began.

Justice League:
http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4647
JusticeLeagueS1.jpg

Batman Beyond is coming out the same day:
http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4648
BatmanBeyondS1.jpg

That's awesome news on Batman Beyond boxset. I had no idea it was also coming out! Plus, the cover look awesome for that set.

This is just great news. I love JL, but I tend to like the current JLU more because the stories tend to be better and that you get to see more characters and their powers in action.

Damn shame Cartoon Network is canning JLU and TT though...

http://titanstower.com/source/animated/00indexanimated.html
update >> november 23 >> 2005

Cartoon Network Officially Passes On Season Six

Titanstower.com has gotten some bad news from the production staff of Teen Titans: It looks like Cartoon Network is officially passing on a sixth season of Teen Titans. Although this news seems discouraging, we all knew the prospects for another season looked grim.

But that doesn't mean our campaign should end. Actually, it should be accelerated. Chances are, the letters that have been sent so far may not have made an impact... Yet. Keep writing. Keep sending. Shows like Kim Possible and Family Guy have been brought back after their 'official' cancellations.

Don't let this news discourage you from writing. As a matter of fact, it's more important than ever to get those letters in! Titans Fans, Go! Save Season Six!

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Very good. Now marvel gotta follow this example with x-men. spider-man, X-men evolution.[/QUOTE]

Well X-Men Evolution is out on single DVD releases, and a few have been collected into a boxset. And isn't their some never ending legal issues revolving around Spider-Man and X-Men that will forever delay any hopes of either show ever getting released on DVD anytime soon?

So what is CN doing about JLU? Theyre not gonna purchase more eps of TT, nah they will.

I still gotta get Batman 1-4 Superman 1-2 and now this. damn.

[quote name='donssword']Damn shame Cartoon Network is canning JLU and TT though...

Titanstower.com has gotten some bad news from the production staff of Teen Titans: It looks like Cartoon Network is officially passing on a sixth season of Teen Titans. Although this news seems discouraging, we all knew the prospects for another season looked grim.

But that doesn't mean our campaign should end. Actually, it should be accelerated. Chances are, the letters that have been sent so far may not have made an impact... Yet. Keep writing. Keep sending. Shows like Kim Possible and Family Guy have been brought back after their 'official' cancellations.

Don't let this news discourage you from writing. As a matter of fact, it's more important than ever to get those letters in! Titans Fans, Go! Save Season Six![/QUOTE]

WTF these were the few cartoons I still watched next to the more adult ones (Family Guy, etc.). I thought both, especially TT, would be doing better.

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']Well X-Men Evolution is out on single DVD releases, and a few have been collected into a boxset. And isn't their some never ending legal issues revolving around Spider-Man and X-Men that will forever delay any hopes of either show ever getting released on DVD anytime soon?[/QUOTE]

Disney owns the rights to most Marvel animated series (except X-men Evo). Disney only wants to release periodic DVD's to go with other marvel properties. Like when Spider-Man came out on DVD, where was a DVD release of the animated series. The only one they didn't milk was the Fantastic 4.

[quote name='scdoanintendo']WTF these were the few cartoons I still watched next to the more adult ones (Family Guy, etc.). I thought both, especially TT, would be doing better.[/QUOTE]

I did too. i don't know why they would cancel them, no licensing fees (DC is owned by AOLTW), high ratings (it is very popular). Stupid cartoon network.

[quote name='donssword']Damn shame Cartoon Network is canning JLU and TT though...

Don't let this news discourage you from writing. As a matter of fact, it's more important than ever to get those letters in! Titans Fans, Go! Save Season Six![/QUOTE]

WHAT!!!!!!!!!??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????/ You have got to be kidding me. I doubt CN will pass on these shows. I thought they have been doing very well in ratings and as well in re-runs. This would truly suck and mar the nth time a great comic book cartoon show had been cancelled. Oh and probably the 5-7 time just this year that good show had been cancelled, i.e. Arrested Development, etc.

Whoa! Batman Beyond IS coming! Very nice to hear. Great to see that TT is coming too, now I'm really glad I passed on those single disc releases. They better throw something extra in on the set.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']The only one they didn't milk was the Fantastic 4.[/QUOTE]
They showed Fantastic 4 on Toon Disney and ABC Family around the movie's release if that counts towards anything.

Teen Titans really hasn't been that good lately anyways... it's almost like they ran out of ideas.

Sad to see JLU go, but I wish they would have stayed with a core team, and maybe expanded it by 5 members, rather then 70 +.

[quote name='Roufuss']Teen Titans really hasn't been that good lately anyways... it's almost like they ran out of ideas.

Sad to see JLU go, but I wish they would have stayed with a core team, and maybe expanded it by 5 members, rather then 70 +.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the Doom Patrol stuff has been some of my favorite episodes so far in the series. JLU mainly stayed with the core team, but allowed for more support characters to be in it and showcase their various story lines that involved each other as well as their powers.

cartoon network needs to stop yankin my crank with the scheduling of JLU. I mean they kill interest in a show by showin like 4 episodes taking 4 months off and then showing the rest of the season.

cartoon networks sceduling is a joke u never know when anything is on.

Justice leauge is out of hand every episode theres like 30 charactors its annoying but it has its great moments.

The storylines are deep and honestly the demographic for justice leauge is for an older crowd yet they have it on for lil kid times..justice leauge would have done well mixed into adult swim..

sweet, finally a batman beyond set.

i too am hoping that they come out with a x-men evo set.

Great news on the Batman Beyond boxset. I have been waiting for that to come out for a long time. Now I just wish Fox/Marvel will release the X-men Animated Series!

I can't wait for both sets.

How about a side poll? Who would win: young Bruce Wayne in the original batsuit or Terry McGuiness in the powered up batsuit?

[quote name='Puzznic']I can't wait for both sets.

How about a side poll? Who would win: young Bruce Wayne in the original batsuit or Terry McGuiness in the powered up batsuit?[/QUOTE]

If it is just Bruce in his suit and Terry in his I would have to say Terry has a slight edge. Terry's flight and invisibilty would give him an advantage IMO. I don't think strength would be as much of a factor as Bruce has fought people much stronger than himself before.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']cartoon network needs to stop yankin my crank with the scheduling of JLU. I mean they kill interest in a show by showin like 4 episodes taking 4 months off and then showing the rest of the season.[/QUOTE]

If they show the rest of the season I will be surprised. I think it is dead. It is well known that the pres of CN does not like Bruce Timm.

bread's done
Back