K-Mart-(5/23-5/29)-Buy Super Mario Galaxy 2 get another Wii Mario game for $14.99(ac)

ajh2298

CAGiversary!
Feedback
181 (100%)
I just got the K-Mart ad for next week(5/23-5/29) and it seems if you pick up Super Mario Galaxy 2 for $49.99 they will give you a $30.00 off coupon good on the other Mario titled Wii games. There are 5 titles listed that the coupon will work on and they are also all on sale for $44.99. So take the $30.00 coupon off and end up paying $14.99 plus your local tax.

Titles Listed
1. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
2. Mario Kart Wii(with wheel)
3. Super Mario Galaxy
4. Mario Party 8
5. Mario Super Sluggers

EDIT:
Also listed

UFC 2010-($59.99)-PS3 & 360-Free T-Shirt

Blur-($59.99)-PS3 & 360-Free unlockable code for a chrome BMW

[quote name='CyReN']I'm new to the Wii, i recently rented and enjoyed Galaxy but haven't finished it. I was wondering which would be the best? I'm 99% sure I don't want Mario Party and Sluggers, but how are the others?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

mario kart and new super mario are the best on the list..otherwise smash bros. Mario Kart for me has the most amount of replay by far and is a better group game than smash (which unfortunately is not on the list) IMO.

Something else to note..galaxy 1 definitely had more replay for me than new super mario and took more time to beat.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']You have stock in Kmart? No? Then cut the white knighting crap, buddy.[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize you needed to own stock in a company to practice common decency.

Again, I shudder to think what your upbringing must have been like. Good for you though. You pulled through.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']You have stock in Kmart? No? Then cut the white knighting crap, buddy.[/QUOTE]
Alternatively, you could opt to just cut the douche nozzle crap.

[quote name='Maskim']Alternatively, you could opt to just cut the douche nozzle crap.[/QUOTE]
I asked a simple question then this guy decides to jump down my throat crying about morals, & I'm the douche here? He could of ignored it & simply scrolled past but no. I guess he likes to argue but alas I'm not dancing for him.

It's not even about morals or ethics. It's completely about the legality. People call it return fraud, but what you're proposing/asking is simply shoplifting by the letter of most state laws. Through color of deception you are seeking to deprive a business of it's rightful property. Whether you agree with it, or not, whether you think it's just working the system, or not, and whether you paid $15 or not, once you've returned the first game, you are no longer entitled to the discount on the second game, and are intentionally deceiving the store.

Will you get caught or turned in often? Probably not. Getting a deal on a game is a pretty stupid reason to be charged with theft in the 3rd degree, though.

I think its time the mod cleaned up the clutter in here. This IS a thread regarding KMart Deal on Super Mario Galaxy 2 sale and what not. What's done with the game after that is for another thread.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']I asked a simple question then this guy decides to jump down my throat crying about morals, & I'm the douche here? He could of ignored it & simply scrolled past but no. I guess he likes to argue but alas I'm not dancing for him.[/QUOTE]

Please. You couldn't dance with me if you tried.

I wasn't crying about morals. I was telling you that you're a douche and a pathetic loser for having a mindset where you have to cheat companies to get cheap games. Considering all the great deals that can be found on CAG without practicing return fraud, it's sad that you can't even be a CAG right.

[quote name='agentcoop007']I wish Smash brothers would have been part of this deal :cry:[/QUOTE]

IT IS, at least my coupon has it written on it, its just not on the ad. And i checked it on the site, and it is on sale for $44.99

[quote name='Gden']IT IS, at least my coupon has it written on it, its just not on the ad. And i checked it on the site, and it is on sale for $44.99[/QUOTE]

Whoa this deal just got better.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Personal suggestion; probably not a good idea to post that you are utilizing any type of return fraud on a forum I am watching.[/QUOTE]

Well it's a good thing we're all friends here. Thank you for your personal suggestion ;-)

[quote name='UberNinjaz']So has anyone had any lucky buying SMG 2, using the coupon on another game then returning SMG 2? Spare me the "return fraud" BS please, some of us are downright cheap as hell gamers.[/QUOTE]

This is stealing. No way to sugarcoat it or spin it. Flat out. Doing this makes you a thiefassgamer. Returns is where I draw the line, but I will abuse the hell out of some coupons(remembers the target 1600 MS point glory deal).

[quote name='agentcoop007']Whoa this deal just got better.[/QUOTE]

Indeed...I am thinking the same thing!

Another top notch deal SHC! Thank you! This will make 5 games I've bought from Kmart in the pas 30 days! Keep em coming!

[quote name='Maskim']
Getting a deal on a game is a pretty stupid reason to be charged with theft in the 3rd degree, though.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. Besides, with all the non-deals going on lately (Target and BB) this deal should be appreciated and taken advantage of since I haven't seen any of these Nintendo games for less than $35 anywhere. If Kmart realizes people are ripping them off they are not likely to try another deal like this in the near future.

Let's support retailer's who are putting out good deals instead of rippping them off.

Ok, so is this deal good at kmart.com as well? Also, does anyone know if Best Buy will rice match this? I'm guessing not.

And let me just say that I would not take any business away from Kmart unless it was necessary. I want to get Mario Sluggers as my second game because it's the only one I don't have from the list and I've actually wanted it for a while but didn't want to spend $50 for it. I stopped in the only Kmart within 60 miles and of course Sluggers is the only game they are sold out of.:cry:

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Ok, so is this deal good at kmart.com as well? Also, does anyone know if Best Buy will rice match this? I'm guessing not.

And let me just say that I would not take any business away from Kmart unless it was necessary. I want to get Mario Sluggers as my second game because it's the only one I don't have from the list and I've actually wanted it for a while but didn't want to spend $50 for it. I stopped in the only Kmart within 60 miles and of course Sluggers is the only game they are sold out of.:cry:[/QUOTE]

you usually won't get BB to pricematch a coupon type deal. They usually don't even like to pm gift cards.

I bought Sluggers release date and it kinda sucked.

[quote name='confoosious']you usually won't get BB to pricematch a coupon type deal. They usually don't even like to pm gift cards.

I bought Sluggers release date and it kinda sucked.[/QUOTE]
That's what I figured but maybe I can convince a decent BB employee that it's really just getting the two games for $65.

I really enjoyed Mario Baseball on GC. I've heard Sluggers isn't as good but for $15 extra...

[quote name='confoosious']you usually won't get BB to pricematch a coupon type deal. They usually don't even like to pm gift cards.

I bought Sluggers release date and it kinda sucked.[/QUOTE]
Sluggers is my favorite game to play with a friend of this generation. Games against a friend in Sluggers are great. Th single-player is week but its got plenty of replay value for its multiplayer.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']

And let me just say that I would not take any business away from Kmart unless it was necessary. I want to get Mario Sluggers as my second game because it's the only one I don't have from the list and I've actually wanted it for a while but didn't want to spend $50 for it. I stopped in the only Kmart within 60 miles and of course Sluggers is the only game they are sold out of.:cry:[/QUOTE]
I had no issues with price matching at Best Buy. They just gave me a $30 gift card.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Has anyone taken advantage of this deal or what? WTF does "Get a $30 Nintendo Mario gaming coupon" mean anyway?

It juts says "Coupon prints at checkout."[/QUOTE]

A $30 off coupon prints at checkout automatically upon purchase of Super Mario Galaxy 2. Seems pretty self-explanatory to me.

[quote name='Maskim']It's not even about morals or ethics. It's completely about the legality. People call it return fraud, but what you're proposing/asking is simply shoplifting by the letter of most state laws. Through color of deception you are seeking to deprive a business of it's rightful property. Whether you agree with it, or not, whether you think it's just working the system, or not, and whether you paid $15 or not, once you've returned the first game, you are no longer entitled to the discount on the second game, and are intentionally deceiving the store.

Will you get caught or turned in often? Probably not. Getting a deal on a game is a pretty stupid reason to be charged with theft in the 3rd degree, though.[/QUOTE]

Um, returning an unopened video game with receipt to the store of purchase for a refund of purchase price during the allowed return period isn't "shoplifting". It isn't even "return fraud", it's just called a "return". You need to brush up on your laws. Is it ethical to do what's been proposed? Probably not. Should K-Mart have handled it differently, such as requiring both purchases to be done at the same time on the same receipt? Certainly. But get off your high horse for a minute and realize that right or wrong, it most certainly doesn't constitute "theft".

That one guy who mentions the abuse of the Target coupon for 1600 point cards instead of software which is what the coupon stated? THAT was much closer the theft and was certainly coupon fraud.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know when the Alpha Protocol deal will be revealed? It was promised today but it hasn't been posted here or on KMart's blog yet.

[quote name='Decker']Um, returning an unopened video game with receipt to the store of purchase for a refund of purchase price during the allowed return period isn't "shoplifting". It isn't even "return fraud", it's just called a "return". You need to brush up on your laws. Is it ethical to do what's been proposed? Probably not. Should K-Mart have handled it differently, such as requiring both purchases to be done at the same time on the same receipt? Certainly. But get off your high horse for a minute and realize that right or wrong, it most certainly doesn't constitute "theft".

That one guy who mentions the abuse of the Target coupon for 1600 point cards instead of software which is what the coupon stated? THAT was much closer the theft and was certainly coupon fraud.[/QUOTE]
Yea, it really does. Yes, returning an unopened item with a receipt is just a return. To not return the coupon included on the receipt, which you are only entitled to use by purchasing the game, is using deception to get a much lower price on the game. I'm taking my definition directly from the revised criminal code for my state, which is very similar to most states, and I further verified it with my criminal law professor.

It's the same thing as if you just dropped $15 on the counter and ran off with the game, except you're not likely to get caught going this route. However, it's still theft.

[quote name='Maskim']Yea, it really does. Yes, returning an unopened item with a receipt is just a return. To not return the coupon included on the receipt, which you are only entitled to use by purchasing the game, is using deception to get a much lower price on the game. I'm taking my definition directly from the revised criminal code for my state, which is very similar to most states, and I further verified it with my criminal law professor.

It's the same thing as if you just dropped $15 on the counter and ran off with the game, except you're not likely to get caught going this route. However, it's still theft.[/QUOTE]

ouch. pwned?

Kmart needs to solve their ancient computer system problems. Handing customers receipts with no mention of the item being purchased and the customer given a coupon, is ridiculous. The system should throw back these returns when the customer shows up without the receipt. While this all likely constitutes return fraud, it's still Kmart's responsibility to fill-in these loop holes. Until they do, they'll continually lose profit from these coupon-returns.

Whatever...While the prices on these games might be great...And I can confirm Smash Brothers is in the sale...Kmart REALLY needs to fix these silly problems.

Well Kmart in West Orange NJ does not know the deal. Nice lady in electronics claimed that I needed to purchase 3 mario games. SMG+one in list to get 30$ coupon. Showed me the ad and I'm like that's not what it said. No wonder they have a full rack of SMG2 compared to the kmart on route 22 in plainfield who was sold out

my kmart is similarly incompetent, I appreciate SHC's efforts but they still ahve a long way to go to improve their reputation..not just in video games.

[quote name='cringey']Well Kmart in West Orange NJ does not know the deal. Nice lady in electronics claimed that I needed to purchase 3 mario games. SMG+one in list to get 30$ coupon. Showed me the ad and I'm like that's not what it said. No wonder they have a full rack of SMG2 compared to the kmart on route 22 in plainfield who was sold out[/QUOTE]
Just wanted to let you know I just contacted the store manager of the West Orange, NJ Kmart and he understands the promotion and has assured me he will relay it to his staff. This is an automated process - if you were to purchase SMG2 a $30.00 coupon redeemable for one of the 5 pictured titles will print (Netting $14.99 sale price). Sorry for the mix-up.

Any chance of still getting the coupon today? I know the titles will be back up to 49.99 but I wanna find some kind of B&M deal on Mario Galaxy 2.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Any chance of still getting the coupon today? I know the titles will be back up to 49.99 but I wanna find some kind of B&M deal on Mario Galaxy 2.[/QUOTE]

Sale ended yesterday.

This deal was awesome. I simply bought SMG2 for the first transaction and then used the coupon for NSMBWii. The cashier hadn't seen SMG2 yet and said she was going to buy that and get one of the other Mario games later as well.

bread's done
Back