K-Mart Blue Light Sale - 9/17 and 9/18 LIST INSIDE

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
Hey... I'm kind of strapped for time, so I will only list the major titles and the new titles that I noticed on the list (and re-highlight some awesome deals). The other thread was too much of a mess - this one is the definitive list of the blue light titles with all the correct titles. I will go back through if the demand is there and add in all the titles - for now these are just the important ones.

The other list is only about 50% right at this point, so don't bother linking to it, you are just going to confuse everyone.

The price I list is the price after the 50% off.

Sale runs from Saturday 9/17 to Sunday 9/18.

Xbox:

Chronicles of Riddick - 9.99
Mechassault 2 - 9.99
Midway Arcade Treasures 2 (this is for all three systems, we only had xbox) - 9.99
Porject Snowblind - 9.99 (also on ps2)
007: Everything or Nothing (all three systems) - 9.99
Mortal Kombat Deception: Kollector's Edition *ONLY* - 19.99 (also for PS2)
Crash: Twinsanity (also for ps2) - 9.99
Blinx 2 - 9.99
Enter the Matrix (also for PS2 / GC) - 9.99
Outrun 2 - 9.99
SSX 3 (all three systems) - 9.99
Dead or Alive 3 - 9.99
Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow - 9.99

Cube:

Viewtiful Joe 2 - 7.50
Mario Party 4 w/ Wavebird - 35.00
Metroid Prime 1 - 9.99
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within - 14.99
Pacman World 2 w/ Pacman Vs - 9.99
Baten Kaitos - 14.99
Custom Robo - 19.99
SRS: Street Racing Syndicate (all three systems) - 14.99

PS2:

Backyard Wrestling: There goes the Neighboorhood (Xbox also) - 7.50
Megaman Anniversary Collection - 14.99
Megaman Command Mission - 9.99
Soul Calibur 2 (for all 3 systems) - 9.99
Jak and Daxter - 9.99
Jak 2 - 9.99
Karaoke Revolution Vol 2 - 14.99
LOTR: Return of the King (also on all 3 systems) - 9.99
Megaman X8 - 9.99
Tekken 4 - 9.99
Stitch: Experiment 626 - 9.99
Shadow Hearts: Covenant - 14.99
Monster Hunter - 14.99
Rumble Roses - 14.99
Outlaw Golf 2 - 9.99
Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain - 9.99

GBA: (this is where the list gets really awesome)

Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga - 14.99
Mario Kart Super Circuit - 14.99
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3 - 14.99
Mario vs Donkey Kong - 14.99
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - 17.50
Grand Theft Auto Advance - 14.99
Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland - 14.99
Bubble Bobble: Old and New - 9.99
Dragonball Z: Supersonic Warriors - 14.99
Crash Purple / Spyro Orange - 14.99
Donkey Kong Country - 9.99
Yu-Gi-Oh: Reshef of Destruction - 14.99

Nintendo DS

Feel the Magic - 14.99 (we didn't lower it to 19.99 for some odd reason)
Urbz - Sims in the City - 14.99 (only new DS game)
Zoo Keeper - 9.99
Tiger Woods 2005 and Madden 2005 - 14.99

PS One:

Final Fantasy 7 (GH version) - 7.50

No PSP games whatsoever. The rest of the list is the crap that's just shown up the other 20 times (Baten Kaitos, Jak 2). Like I said earlier, if the demand is there I will put the rest of the stuff up, but all the good games are already listed.

If I didn't add it right now, it is NOT PART OF THE SALE, as all the hot games are listed, there's just another 150 games that are GH / shovelware I didn't list.

[quote name='Roufuss']It is no problem... I just have a store manager who does a hell of a job, and wants my dept. to be the best it can be, so he makes sure I have the lists and everything I need for these sales. I pass on all this information to you guys because a) I love the site and love to give back and b) it helps me and all my neighboring stores clear out excess crap... this sale isn't really advertised by K-Mart for some odd reason.

You'd be shocked if you came in, because I have every single 50% title (that I have in stock) neatly organized in a 5 tier shelf... it is a pretty awesome job, if I do say so myself.

And, if for some reason one of the games I listed isn't coming up 50% off, then there is the very small chance the store did not automatically update the prices to reflect the sale. In this case, go for a manager or store manager, and have them pull up all the signage for Electronics for the video game dept and the list should be in there.[/QUOTE]

I wish all the Kmart's around here took the time to make the Blue Light sale games so neatly organized. At best, they're either in a shopping cart or plastic bin by the register. Most times, they're mixed in with the rest of the games.

"Hey, I just picked up the screen, and just wanted to know, does it work with both types of Ps1s? I mean, the big type and the small type. Please let me know! Thanks in advance. (Btw, I just checked, and this sale isn't online. Just in case anybody was checking.) Again, thanks for posting the list."

I was wondering the same thing. Thanks a ton to the original poster. My Kmart had nothing out for sale so that made it good to find things you want. Also if your looking for the PSone screen and you don't see any, ask the clerk if they have any. My Kmart had none on the floor, I asked and they said "oh yeah we have a bunch in the back".

[quote name='jetlag16']Hey, I just picked up the screen, and just wanted to know, does it work with both types of Ps1s? I mean, the big type and the small type. Please let me know! Thanks in advance. (Btw, I just checked, and this sale isn't online. Just in case anybody was checking.) Again, thanks for posting the list.[/QUOTE]

No, only the PSOne (the slim, white, newer one).

Thanks for the post Roufuss, if it wasn't for this post I wouldn't have even of known about the sale. I picked up Zoo Keeper and Metroid Prime for $9.99 each.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']"Hey, I just picked up the screen, and just wanted to know, does it work with both types of Ps1s? I mean, the big type and the small type. Please let me know! Thanks in advance. (Btw, I just checked, and this sale isn't online. Just in case anybody was checking.) Again, thanks for posting the list."
[/QUOTE]

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34554&highlight=ps1+screenI was wondering the same thing. Tha...y said "oh yeah we have a bunch in the back".

[quote name='opportunity777']Used store locator, found a Kmart, drove there and found out it was closed down :)[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing. It's now a Sears Essentials. The other Kmart didn't have any games clearance at all, and the employee said they didn't have one (thatt he knew about) at all this weekend, unless it is in a different part of tthe store, far removed from the electronics department.

I went today hoping to score either any of the GBA games or at least a MK: Kollectors Edition for Xbox, but they didn't have any GBA games that are on the main list on the OP, and they didn't have any MK's either. Oh ell. At least I ttired. Nothing I was really truly extatic about anyway, other than the GBA games and still, I didn't think I would get them as these sales have become quite lackluster for me..

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']"Hey, I just picked up the screen, and just wanted to know, does it work with both types of Ps1s? I mean, the big type and the small type. Please let me know! Thanks in advance. (Btw, I just checked, and this sale isn't online. Just in case anybody was checking.) Again, thanks for posting the list."

I was wondering the same thing. Thanks a ton to the original poster. My Kmart had nothing out for sale so that made it good to find things you want. Also if your looking for the PSone screen and you don't see any, ask the clerk if they have any. My Kmart had none on the floor, I asked and they said "oh yeah we have a bunch in the back".[/QUOTE]

If you went to a Kmart in Vegas, which one was it and did they have any of the GBA games that are listed in the OP?

Unfortunately, the only GBA game I wanted that I was able to find from this sale was Mario Kart: Super Circuit. I would have loved to find Bubble Bobble, Gradius Galaxies, and Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland.

However, if anyone is looking for Grand Theft Auto Advance, Mario Kart, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, or Mario vs. Donkey Kong, or anything besides what I listed above on the GBA list, let me know and I can probably pick one of those up for you.

[quote name='Red Hedgehog']
However, if anyone is looking for Grand Theft Auto Advance, Mario Kart, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, or Mario vs. Donkey Kong, let me know and I can probably pick one of those up for you.[/QUOTE]

There is one guy in the thread who's posted at least four times for a Mario vs Donkey Kong, but sadly I forget his name :(

I think it was Chizoly.

well this sucks ass

went to Kmart & guess what?
no emplyoee had any idea on the sale
hell it was hard enough to FIND a employee
NO indication or stickers on the only 2 games I saw from the list:
Red Dead Revolver on Xbox $19.99 & Mech Assault 2 regular price

NO Metroid Prime or VJ
which sucked major ass

anyone know if these sales are on kmarts site??

[quote name='Josef']Does KMart have normal hours on Labor Day? I may be able to hit one late in the day...[/QUOTE]

Yep.

[quote name='WTFer']well this sucks ass

went to Kmart & guess what?
no emplyoee had any idea on the sale
hell it was hard enough to FIND a employee
NO indication or stickers on the only 2 games I saw from the list:
Red Dead Revolver on Xbox $19.99 & Mech Assault 2 regular price

NO Metroid Prime or VJ
which sucked major ass

anyone know if these sales are on kmarts site??[/QUOTE]

Did you have them scan the games (assuming you were interested in Red Dead Revolver and Mechassault 2)? Some K-Marts do not advertise the sale for some reason.

So I went to my K-Mart, and they had 0 of the GBA games..and it wasn't like they were "out of stock" because the games are behind a glass case and are displayed in "rows" sort of and there was nothing but other games showing (pretty much all were 29.99) and not a single one of the GBA games (M&L:SSS, Dk Vs Mario, GTAA, SMB3, Kirbty:NID were there.) And there were no "empty spots" where they could've been before. So that was really odd.

Then I checked the g-cube section and they had one copy of Pacman World 2/Pacman Vs. but for some reason it didn't ring up at the discounted price.

Checked the last Kmart in CO Springs today... on Powers, for those of you in the area. No decent GBA titles... they did have quite a bit marked and in a glass case, though. They had Urbz and Zoo Keeper, DS wise... neither marker... but I bought Urbz, and it was $15. They also have two of the PSOne screens. I picked up one, thinking it might be good to ebay for some game $, but I see it's really not, so I am probably going to return it tomorrow.

This one did have more GBA games, but none of the good titles...

Oh well, picked up something, anyway... now I just have to sell my copy of Urbz for GBA :p

Ash

Checked out 2 more K-marts today, and FINALLY bought something. VJ2 GC $7.50 (for my nephew as a gift for helping me trade up my PS2)

A few noteworthy comments:

Yes, the GBA games are mostly under glass in rows, but LOOK CAREFULLY...at EVERY K-mart I've been to, they backstack. I saw some clearance games that were ONLY behind other crap games. Mario Kart, GTA:A, even Harvest Moon (didn't bother seeing if it was $2.99, since I couldn't care less about that game)

So to anyone still looking, definitely stick your nose up to the glass, and look look look! you'll more than likely see some games hidden behind other games, and it seems kind of odd that they're always the 50% off games.

oh yeah: I saw GBA Bookworm in a 50% off laundry bin of games on the counter at one. I love that game for the computer, but GBA? I'll have to read the reviews. I didn't see that on the OP list.

Yeah, i noticed that too, they have some games behind the games that are actually showing, they were pretty well organized too, so make sure you look in that glass case or ask the clerk if they have game x, he/she might know.

[quote name='Kerig']Checked out 2 more K-marts today, and FINALLY bought something. VJ2 GC $7.50 (for my nephew as a gift for helping me trade up my PS2)

A few noteworthy comments:

Yes, the GBA games are mostly under glass in rows, but LOOK CAREFULLY...at EVERY K-mart I've been to, they backstack. I saw some clearance games that were ONLY behind other crap games. Mario Kart, GTA:A, even Harvest Moon (didn't bother seeing if it was $2.99, since I couldn't care less about that game)

So to anyone still looking, definitely stick your nose up to the glass, and look look look! you'll more than likely see some games hidden behind other games, and it seems kind of odd that they're always the 50% off games.

oh yeah: I saw GBA Bookworm in a 50% off laundry bin of games on the counter at one. I love that game for the computer, but GBA? I'll have to read the reviews. I didn't see that on the OP list.[/QUOTE]

$7.50?! How?

[quote name='WolfPac_Ite']$7.50?! How?[/QUOTE]

Apparently it's dropped to $14.99 regular price, and being 50% off makes it $7.50.

I picked up a few of the Metroid/Wavebird Controller bundles at my Kmart...they were 19.99 ... if anyone is interested in 1 PM me with offer cash or trade

If anyone can find a Viewtiful Joe 2 that is factory sealed(no shrink wrap), and mint(I'm picky), could you pick me one up? As long as after shipping it's under $15 bucks. I would appreciate it!

I would also take the following if someone could nab one for me on their own trip.

Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
Mario Kart Super Circuit
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3
Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland
Donkey Kong Country
(I like mint boxes)

I would be willing to pay $20 or under for these, I don't want to sound cheap, it's not that. It's that I wouldn't otherwise buy these for higher then twenty, so I guess I'm asking more of a favor.

I went all the way to a south side K-Mart, only to find it has been converted to a Sears, and the prices have changed as well. :( :( :(

Edited the first post to show that the sale is over... you west coasters still have a couple of hours left, but for us on the east coast the sale ends in about an hour.

i got me a crazy taxi ($10), tetris worlds (10), SRS racing (15), and Midway arcade 2 (10) ...no good gameboy games were there and there were games seperated from the case that had clearance tags on them but were part of the sale....

i went to 2 kmarts today in manhattan, NY. both locations have mario party 4 with wavebirds and none of them ring up as 35bucks. it rang up 70. wtf

Thanks OP

I picked up Mario Party 4 w/ Wavebird today in Iowa City , Iowa. They still had a lot of games left but I got what I came for. It was behind the case barely visible blocked off by a Gamecube box so I was lucky I noticed it before. I asked the employee if he could price check it for me and surely enough it rang up at $35.

I had to really twist the associates arm to get the price check and then the guy got upset because he didn't get the list. I picked up some extra Metroid Prime copies. I can ship them out for 13.00 bucks a piece. PM me if you are interested.

I didn't even bother checking the few games I saw at my local K-mart, as soon as I saw that Dave Mirra's Freestyle BMX 2 was marked $49.99 and that Harry Potter for Gameboy Color was marked $19.99

My K-mart sucks.

[quote name='WolfPac_Ite']$7.50?! How?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='shrike4242']Apparently it's dropped to $14.99 regular price, and being 50% off makes it $7.50.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, the magic of math :)

Went today for the final day of the sale. Picked up 2 copies of Bookworm for GBA $9.99 (50%off), thanks OP, this was the biggest "under the radar" deal I've ever seen on CAG, it was so down-low, the employees didn't even know about it!

I bought Viewtiful Joe 1 over the summer...one strange game...played it once..... haven't played it again.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Did NO ONE snag an extra Viewtiful Joe 2? For shame...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='josekortez']Kerig, is there any way you can hook me up with a copy of Bookworm?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I went back and they only had 2 copies, I kept one and listed the other on eBay to pay for them both. It sold in 3 hours with BIN. I had no idea Bookworm was the rarest GBA game made in this millennium, a C/S rep at Majesco told me only 50,000 were ever made.

as for VJ2, out of 3 K-marts I found a GC version at ONE, and they only had one left :/

[quote name='trunks982']just go to bestbuy and pick VJ2 up for 9.99 after $5 off coupon. its for ps2 btw.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a PS2, and even if I did I want it for my beloved Cube.

bread's done
Back