K-Mart Entertainment Guide Coupons - PS3 Resistance & Motorstorm for $19.99

Cap'n_RDM

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
While searching for clearance titles at K-mart today, I picked up their K-Mart Entertainment Guide. It contains the following coupons which are valid from 08/01/08-08/31/08:

$20 off :ps3::ps2::360::wii: Guitar Hero Aerosmith: Walk This Way Bundle
$10 off :ps3: Resistance: Fall of Man (making this $19.99 once it drops to the GH price next week!!!!!)
$10 off :ps3: Motorstorm (making it $19.99 as well once the price drops)
$10 off :ps3::ps2::360::wii::ds: Kung Fu Panda
$10 off :ps3::ps2::360::wii: Guitar Hero Aerosmith: Walk This Way Software
$10 off :wii::ds: Little League World Series '08
$10 off :ds: Imagine or Petz Titles
$10 off :ds: My Fashion Studio
$5 off :ps2: God of War II
$5 off :ps2: Ratchet Deadlocked
$5 off :psp: Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
$5 off :psp: Socom Fireteam Bravo 2

Kmart-01_r1.jpg

Kmart-02_r1_r1.jpg

Mods - If there is a better place for this please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it around 1 pm @ a Big K Mart
Had 2-3 left, they had the game book coupons all over the place.
I first went and check my self because clerk was busy, saw nothing, went back to the clerk open the coupon book pointed to game (resistance) and ask if they have it in stock. we both went to the ps3 section,
she (look like 50 years or so) proceeded to open the glass door. move some games around and found some, automatically she said outloud if its Greatest Hits then its half-off. went to register rang up 29.99, used coupon rang to 21.39 withtax.

ohh and by the way bbvideos tiv is $16.00

and it looks like they just added Greatest Hits logo sticker to the cover.

[quote name='weguzs'] move some games around and found some, automatically she said outloud if its Greatest Hits then its half-off. [/QUOTE]
I don't understand the thinking in this. I would give her a vagina punch if she said that to me. It's the same fucking game grandma, get with the program

I'm going to try sometime soon - although I only have one Kmart by me and don't really like going to it....hopefully they'll have coupons and Resistance

My wife said the PLC came down yesterday so hopefully those who got the $59.99 fucking will have it ring up $29.99. I know it sucks, but at least the coupon isn't only for one week, it's through the entire month so if they aren't ringing up correctly or they don't have them there's time for it to correct itself.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']My wife said the PLC came down yesterday so hopefully those who got the $59.99 fucking will have it ring up $29.99. I know it sucks, but at least the coupon isn't only for one week, it's through the entire month so if they aren't ringing up correctly or they don't have them there's time for it to correct itself.[/QUOTE]

can I still vagina punch them if it isn't?

I wasn't able to find any Entertainment Guide coupons at K-Mart today, if anyone has an extra Resistance coupon, I would appreciate it! Please PM me if you do and I can pay for postage, etc.

well, went to the Big K, no luck. At least the lady that just happen to be covering for the person at the electronics dept was nice and a big help.

and I really wanted to give the vagina punch too :(

[quote name='Advocatus']I learned this lesson the hard way with Half-Life 2 at Circuit City. I have since taught myself to check to make sure it's the foil type wrapping and NOT shrinkwrap. Shrinkwrap = some ghetto asswipe, Foil = real game, not returned.
[/quote]

Forgive my ignorance, but how exactly do you tell the difference between foil and shrink? (is shrink wrap the one with the very smooth texture?) So foil is used universally for all systems? (wii, xbox 360, ps3, pc games, etc.)

[quote name='bruceg']Forgive my ignorance, but how exactly do you tell the difference between foil and shrink? (is shrink wrap the one with the very smooth texture?) So foil is used universally for all systems? (wii, xbox 360, ps3, pc games, etc.)[/QUOTE]

Shrink wrap would be the seam around the edges that goes all the way around the edges.

Foil wrapping would be the kind that has the little triangular corners at the top and bottom and there's no real seam you can feel around the edges.

[quote name='bruceg']Forgive my ignorance, but how exactly do you tell the difference between foil and shrink? (is shrink wrap the one with the very smooth texture?) So foil is used universally for all systems? (wii, xbox 360, ps3, pc games, etc.)[/QUOTE]

I'm not familiar with the "foil" comment but if I had to guess, it's basically the stiffer cellophane wrap that is folded at the top and bottom and glued. Sort a like how a present is wrapped. Shrinkwrap is normally identified by melted seam at the top and bottom.

I've seen both on the same game at different TRUs. I saw Madden 08 in shrink at one TRU (dozen copies) and "foil" at another TRU (half a dozen copies). Might have been a fluke but lately, most of the wraps have been the foil type.

Anyone know if the $59.99 issue has been corrected? I'm planning on heading to KMart at lunch and I'm hoping to get Resistance for $19.99.

[quote name='Lokki']Anyone know if the $59.99 issue has been corrected? I'm planning on heading to KMart at lunch and I'm hoping to get Resistance for $19.99.[/quote]
As long as the store has done their PLCs this shouldn't be an issue. You could always call and ask someone in electronics to scan it, but good luck on that.

I just got back from KMart a little while ago. They had one copy of Resistance and it was the one with the 9.5 out of 10 on the front. It was still stickered at $59.99. I had her scan it and it came up $29.99. I picked up the entertainment guide in front of her, ripped out the coupon and handed it to her. All she said was "Damn! I never get deals like this!" I also picked up 2 memory card adapters for $1.50 each for some fellow CAGs. Good times!

ah i would have picked up a memory card reader too for that price. Not much need for them now w/ no BC ps3s anymore but i loves me 60gb.

Yeah i just got back from mine in NJ south of somerville. Got a 9.5 sticker one. No problems, i was ready to start something (with the 1 employee in the whole store, expect to wait a while to get a electronics key). Felt like it was a scene from "I am legend".
Didn't see if there we're any others R:FoMs or motorstorms. The Guides were on the electronics counter, and up front by Customer service.
The Guide shows a "now greatest hits" section in the front, but doesn't speicfy they're $30 so good luck arguing.

If you don't have luck, call back until the end of the month, i assume they'll get the GH titles sooner or later (unless they're giving up) but grap a coupon while you can.

oh and control the urge to just steal stuff theres like no one there.

[quote name='Hobbykitjr']ah i would have picked up a memory card reader too for that price. Not much need for them now w/ no BC ps3s anymore but i loves me 60gb.

Yeah i just got back from mine in NJ south of somerville. Got a 9.5 sticker one. No problems, i was ready to start something (with the 1 employee in the whole store, expect to wait a while to get a electronics key). Felt like it was a scene from "I am legend".
Didn't see if there we're any others R:FoMs or motorstorms. The Guides were on the electronics counter, and up front by Customer service.
The Guide shows a "now greatest hits" section in the front, but doesn't speicfy they're $30 so good luck arguing.

If you don't have luck, call back until the end of the month, i assume they'll get the GH titles sooner or later (unless they're giving up) but grap a coupon while you can.

oh and control the urge to just steal stuff theres like no one there.[/quote]

Yeah, I got lucky that there were actually 2 employees in electronics when I was in there. One actual electronics employee and another that seemed like a management type who had a cart full of dvds that she was scanning with the hand held scanner. I asked her for a price check and she scanned the shelf label through the glass and it came up $29.99. She then got the electronics clerk to open the case for me. I was in and out in a few minutes.

I had picked up one of the readers for myself a few weeks ago. I had mentioned on here that they had like 6 of them left and a couple of CAGs shot me PMs about them. I went today and they still had those 6 left. I thought about clearing them out and offering them up to CAGs. I may do that on the next trip if they are still there. I usually go to this KMart every few weeks since it is way out of the way for me.

question - just in case I can't find the games at my Kmart when I eventually go...can the coupons be price-matched at best buy or CC?

[quote name='Lokki']Yeah, I got lucky that there were actually 2 employees in electronics when I was in there. One actual electronics employee and another that seemed like a management type who had a cart full of dvds that she was scanning with the hand held scanner. I asked her for a price check and she scanned the shelf label through the glass and it came up $29.99. She then got the electronics clerk to open the case for me. I was in and out in a few minutes.

I had picked up one of the readers for myself a few weeks ago. I had mentioned on here that they had like 6 of them left and a couple of CAGs shot me PMs about them. I went today and they still had those 6 left. I thought about clearing them out and offering them up to CAGs. I may do that on the next trip if they are still there. I usually go to this KMart every few weeks since it is way out of the way for me.[/quote]

If you can find PS2 slim multitaps at your local Kmarts, those are like $3.50 right now(90% off of original MSRP, so they're NOT going ANY lower). I've picked up 2 of those and 3 of the memory card adapters, two of each are sitting on my TL collecting dust, so if they're not gone SOON I'm going to either take 'em back or take them to the local game shop which gave me $3-5 for one of the card adapters last month.

There's also some enormous surge protector strips from RCA for $8 on clearance now too, as well as metal 'carts' to put your PS3/360/Wii's on with spots on the carts to put your controller in. They're like $15.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If you can find PS2 slim multitaps at your local Kmarts, those are like $3.50 right now(90% off of original MSRP, so they're NOT going ANY lower). I've picked up 2 of those and 3 of the memory card adapters, two of each are sitting on my TL collecting dust, so if they're not gone SOON I'm going to either take 'em back or take them to the local game shop which gave me $3-5 for one of the card adapters last month.

There's also some enormous surge protector strips from RCA for $8 on clearance now too, as well as metal 'carts' to put your PS3/360/Wii's on with spots on the carts to put your controller in. They're like $15.[/quote]

Yeah, the KMart that I was at had a couple of the multitaps left.

[quote name='PS3_Moose']question - just in case I can't find the games at my Kmart when I eventually go...can the coupons be price-matched at best buy or CC?[/QUOTE]

no.. not even walmart or target... and, for some stupid reason that is beyond me because Kmart is owned by them, Sears won't accept it.

Only problem is, I heard from a local game shop owner that the multitaps had a pretty bad failure rate.

Either way though, I may slap them up on Amazon or Half.com and let them go for whatever they will.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Shrink wrap would be the seam around the edges that goes all the way around the edges.

Foil wrapping would be the kind that has the little triangular corners at the top and bottom and there's no real seam you can feel around the edges.[/quote]

[quote name='bob330i']I'm not familiar with the "foil" comment but if I had to guess, it's basically the stiffer cellophane wrap that is folded at the top and bottom and glued. Sort a like how a present is wrapped. Shrinkwrap is normally identified by melted seam at the top and bottom.

I've seen both on the same game at different TRUs. I saw Madden 08 in shrink at one TRU (dozen copies) and "foil" at another TRU (half a dozen copies). Might have been a fluke but lately, most of the wraps have been the foil type.[/quote]

Thanks for the explanations. I found the triangular folds along the top and bottom of all my sealed games, so I'm guessing they are all ok....

[quote name='themidnighter23']no.. not even walmart or target... and, for some stupid reason that is beyond me because Kmart is owned by them, Sears won't accept it.[/quote]

I really don't know why Sears wouldn't accept it

Hopefully I can get Resistance for $20. How much is GoW 2? I've seen it for $19.99, so that'd make it $14.99 unless they have it priced higher.

I am in Chicago and called 3 stores and they have no clue about the coupons. They are seriously ghetto though. Anyone in Chicago try for these? I asked the customer service person for Resistance and Motorstorm and she kept thinking I was asking for "Resis"... and then asked me to spell it and Motorstorm! WTF?!?! And I repeated it like 3 times and gave up and surprise! She couldn't find it. Wow! This is nutzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!

Can anyone PM me if they can send me spare coupons? Resistance and God of War 2 are what I am looking for. Motorstorm if you can spare. Thanks in advance!

Kmart still sucks. the stores i went to have yet to change their pricing. they claim that HQ makes the price changes. sometimes it's hard being a CAG

i'm going to check back to my kmart tomorrow and see if I can pick up Resistance for $20. Thanks for the heads up! BTW, if there isn't any coupon books left and Resistance is $30, would someone be kind enough to mail me the coupon? :)

[quote name='themidnighter23']Kmart still sucks. the stores i went to have yet to change their pricing. they claim that HQ makes the price changes. sometimes it's hard being a CAG[/quote]

Yeah it all depends on the store, luckily my local store had made the changes on the 1st of the month but is now all sold out of Motorostorm and RFOM, but another store 25 miles from me still has not changed the price from $59.99. I guess it depends on the manager of the store, some managers try to keep as up-to-date as possible with all the price changes around the store.

Got my coupons in the mail today thanks to another CAG. My local store still does not have the guides. Went to the store and they hadn't marked down the prices. The associate working in Electronics was helping someone else for the longest time, so when he finally got to me he felt bad that I was waiting so long. I struck up conversation with him and had him scan the games and like I said they were not marked down. He was into gaming, but didn't know that these were now greatest hits. I explained everything to him and we went up to the service desk where he paged the manager and told him that they indicated a PLC change was to be made on them. Manager confirmed the titles and said by the time we walked back to Electronics they would ring up at the right price. They did and I used the coupons as well. :) Very happy and I got all originaly packaging, no Greatest Hits and not even a RFOM that has the 9.5 out of 10 "sticker" on it.

Nevermind. Called K-Mart again today to see if they had the coupon book in a last ditch effort and by some stroke of luck they did, and they had Resistance. The person on the phone insisted that it was $59.99 and I kept telling them it was $29.99, and she kept telling me, "NO THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE, IT'S A NEWER GAME, IT'S $59.99 AND YOU CAN GET IT FOR $49.99 WITH THAT COUPON!" and I kept telling her that it was a PS3 launch title and every store is selling it for $29.99 regular price now, so then she finally scanned it (DURPAAA DURRRR) and said it was $29.99 and I could come get it if I want, and then just hung up on me.

When I got to the store it was a whole different level of frustration. There's nobody to be found in electronics, I had to search for some guy. He pages the woman to electronics, I go back to the electronics department and wait another 10-15 minutes. The lady comes back and I tell her I just called about Resistance, she walks over to the phone all pissed-off like and pages so-and-so to the electronics department "with the keys". Low and behold, the guy I originally asked for assistance walks back with the keys for the game display case and says, "Oh, I forgot I had these." I notice the games have the 9.5/10 sticker on them and I ask if there's any without it - the woman just yells "THEY'RE ALL LIKE THAT". Luckily the 9.5/10 graphic wasn't actually imprinted on the artwork - it was just a sticker on the cellophane.

I just wonder how this store stays in business with customer service like this.

The Pensacola, FL Airport Blvd store has the guides and the games are tagged correctly.
The guides are on an endcap on the bottom shelf.
I picked up both games.
Thanks OP.

Picked up the last copy of Resistance at my local K-Mart. I grabbed one of the guides as soon as I got to the electronics section and walked over to the cases. The game was advertised as $29.99, so I thought I was lucky to get a copy (an original copy).

Was able to use the coupon no problem. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

Hey guys, just a heads up. All the Aerosmith bundles and software is on sale at K-mart this week. Those books had a $20 off coupon on the bundles and a $10 off coupon for the software. I bought the software for the ps2 for $29.99.

bread's done
Back