Kane and Lynch: Dead Men FREE on GFWL Marketplace

xrayzwei

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I can't confirm this from work but it seems that Kane and Lynch: Dead Men is free right now on Games for Windows Live Marketplace. My transaction went through; we'll see when I get home if it will download.

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Games/Kane---Lynch--Dead-Men/

EDIT: It seems that everyone in the thread that has tried and gotten the "Thank You" page hasn't yet been able to download the game in the client. Attempt at your own risk, I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pengwyns']When I try to check out with my Xbox Live account, it wants me to approve 800 MSP for the game.[/QUOTE]

I choose credit card. On the reciept page it was listed as charging $0.00.

Tried to buy it, but it wouldn't let me select a payment method, probably because I have less than 800 msp. Shows up as 800 on the client, so only the website is saying its free, so maybe they are still updating it.

Ya I got all the way through, processed my order (free order), and it said "The price of this item has changed since you added it to your cart." BOOO

I just tried it....it initially showed as free till I logged in and went to confirm purchase....as I don't have a credit card listed in my account, it was trying to charge me 800 microsoft points....but when I switched the payment method to a credit card, it showed as free again.

[quote name='nnthomas']I can't choose CC cause I don't have one attached.... and would rather not add one[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't add one either, not for this game. I had one already on there.

[quote name='Darknuke']Ya I got all the way through, processed my order (free order), and it said "The price of this item has changed since you added it to your cart." BOOO[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I didn't get that. Have you checked the client to see if you can download it anyway?

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Bah, not getting through. I get to the THANK YOU page and it says[/QUOTE]

I'm getting the same error.... weird

Worked for me, going to download when I get home, but for some reason it said this?:

2nbafki.png

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Worked for me, going to download when I get home, but for some reason it said this?:

2nbafki.png
[/QUOTE]

That is not working then, there's no download link.

I got the same thing and it's not on my account in the software.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Worked for me, going to download when I get home, but for some reason it said this?:

2nbafki.png
[/QUOTE]

Mine did the same thing it does not appear to be attached to my account

Got the "The price of one or more items in your cart has changed since it was added." error, too. At work, so I can't fire up the GFWL client to see if it's available.

[quote name='Darknuke']Ya I got all the way through, processed my order (free order), and it said "The price of this item has changed since you added it to your cart." BOOO[/QUOTE]

Same as above...

[quote name='DirkBelig']Got the "The price of one or more items in your cart has changed since it was added." error, too. At work, so I can't fire up the GFWL client to see if it's available.[/QUOTE]
it's 800 pts on the GFWL client.
I'm getting the same error too.

[quote name='token2k6']worked for me no problem..thanks OP!![/QUOTE]

How did it work for you?

I used my CC and got the same message as everyone else. I downloaded the GFWL client and checked my purchase history and it's not there. Ah, it's fine if I don't get it...but I couldn't pass up a free game :lol:

Same problem as everyone else. I tried 3 times with no luck. The game continues to show up as free so I have hope it is a glitch they will fix. Most likely though they changed the price and it is not showing up.

Anyone tried calling customer support?

North America:
United States / Canada (English)
Assistance by phone seven days a week

1-877-274-4349
Hours of operation (every day):
9:00 A.M. to 1:00 A.M. Eastern Time
6:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. Pacific Time

I went through the process with my CC, and as soon as I got to the order confirmation screen is said that the price of my items had changed...

Looks like I have a $9.99 charge pending on my account too.

The game hasn't shown up in my Downloader either, guess I'll see if the charge finishes processing

No dice on this. Got the shopping cart error. No charges on my Credit Card, no receipt of the purchase, nothing to download in my client.

Also, the price in my client is 800 points. So it's not looking good to cash in on this.

[quote name='Fearbeard']I went through the process with my CC, and as soon as I got to the order confirmation screen is said that the price of my items had changed...

Looks like I have a $9.99 charge pending on my account too.

The game hasn't shown up in my Downloader either, guess I'll see if the charge finishes processing[/QUOTE]

I tried 3 times and I do not have any pending charges. Do you know for a fact it is a pending charge from Microsoft?

I think most folks were jumping on it because it's a GFWL title. and GFWL titles notoriously have terrible serial protection.

[quote name='whoknows']Is this game worth free?[/QUOTE]

Lol, you win the thread.

I do wish the ebayers from over at SD wouldn't have ruined my free Metro 2033, however.

bread's done
Back