Kanye West is my hero

[quote name='spoo']Impeached on what grounds?[/QUOTE]

I know it's not realistic, it's just wishful thinking on my part. Seems a 2nd American Revolution isn't going to be starting any time soon.

But, if you can attempt to impeach Clinton for lying to the American people and Congress, why not Bush?

[quote name='Haggar']Apparently he didn't stop the hurricane.[/QUOTE]

No jackass. I dislike Bush because he's more interested in the Middle East than he is in America. He's the President of the USA, not of the world. Anything for the green, I guess. Not to mention he probably has spent more time at his ranch than he has at the White House.

Let's just say that when 2008 rolls around, I hope we elect the right guy.

EDIT: When I say Middle East. I mean the Middle East, not just Iraq. I'm talking Saudi Arabia, Iran, Isreal, Pakistan etc. etc.

This thread has turned into a complete clusterfuck.

Off-Topic:
The city was told to evacuate on Saturday. Two days before Katrina hit. In 2000, they were ranked the 31st largest city in America here. In 2003, 21% of the people were living in poverty here. Even if they all wanted to get out, which we know some didn't want to leave. How do you expect a major city to completely evacuate with 48 hrs. Its impossible. I use to live there and still have many relatives that do or possible did. Most left the city before hand but a couple had to stay cause they had family in the hospital. As devastating as the hurrican was. The thing that actually destroyed the city was the levees breaking. I wished their would of been a quicker response from officals to respond to the disaster but it didnt happen. People need to stop complaining and pointing fingers at each other and get to work. New Orleans was not the only city affected. You still have other parts of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and even Florida. It tears my heart out to think that the city I was born in will never be the same again.

On-Topic:
Kenya West is idiot for speaking out like that on a fund raiser. NBC asked him to be on there so that a certain demographic would be more willing to listen. I can understand his emotions acting up at a time like this, but it was the wrong forum to do so. Im sure he could of easily gotten an MTV spot about his hatred for President Bush and his belief that The Man hates blacks.

Personally I think a lot of this is dumb. I live in north louisiana and many of my college friends live around New Orleans. Go ahead everyone keep pointing fingers, keep saying Bush sucks. I don't really care if he sucks or not, support your damn country and leave the criticism until the situation is over with. Things like this our country should be pulling together instead of splitting up. This is a pretty good reason why other countries think we suck. We can't even help our own people out w/ out blaming someone else and fighting when people are dying. Go ahead say whatever you want to this all I know is that one of my roommates is from there and I havent heard anything about him whether he is ok or not. It really pleases me that people just fight instead of trying to help out. As for Kanye's statement he can say whatever, its his right, but he should of waited for a better time. Not when you are asking people for money to give to the victims.

Another thing is NO is 65% black, so it is going to look like they are worse off. The largest problem is that a lot of people that couldn't make it out did live in the projects and could not leave, due to money etc. On the other hand they don't need to be killing, gang raping, and shooting at rescuers and cops. The cleanup was botched, the first goal was to find survivors and they weren't as worried about supplies.

Thats my opinion rip it apart whatever, this is a huge problem about our country, people don't support shit, they just point fingers.

You know as much as I'm reading everyone say "stop pointing fingers", I just have to say: what do you expect?

The majority of us here on this message board have nothing other to do pray (if you're in that boat), donate, then analyze the situation AND point fingers. I've made a donation, and if I could, I'd go down to NO in a heartbeat to help. God knows if I was near that area I'd be out there helping.

BUT, my employer isn't going to say "OH SURE DOM HERE TAKE A 5 MONTH ADVANCE ON YOUR PAY AND WE'LL SEE YOU IN FEBRUARY". Nor is the dean of students going to say "Oh, don't worry about school, you go ahead and go down to the disaster area and we'll just fill in these here grades as A's and refund your tuition."

Point is, that most of us CAN'T do anything but donate, pray, and sit and ponder this situation and why it turned out so bad, which in turn will end up in finger pointing (which is an American's God given right). There's nothing more I'd like for this country to unite, get rid of the democrat republican bullshit and just be the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. I'm part of the American party, you know? I'd get into a lot more about why it'll never happen but it'd probably turn into a book.

Speaking of other countries, how bout the support theyve sent so far? Yet we're so quick to run and help out other countries everytime theyre in need... as far as Kanye goes, props for speaking your mind, but wrong time to do so. Now the focus of a show which was meant for hurricane relief has become Kanye West. And yes, i disagree with the actions taken towards the relief effort so far, or lack thereof, but liked someone said earlier(not to discredit whoever it was, I just dont want to search through the entire thread) but we should be uniting as a country at this point, not dividing.

[quote name='zionoverfire']How fucking dumb can you be? Yeah whenever I travel all it takes is a bus ticket. I never have to pay for food or a place to sleep at night, dumb ass.:roll:

It's Bush's fault because he's in charge of FEMA, he's in charge of dealing with the funding for situations like this. What has he done? Shift funding and training towards combating terrorism and left real concerns high and dry. Damn right it's Bush's fault.[/QUOTE]

Ding ding ding... Homeland security and FEMA were both supposed to direct the relief effort and are under Bush's command... yet neither of them seemed to be doing much of anything until today (Friday). The fact of the matter is in the critical 24-48 hours following the hurricane, the federal government did little to nothing to assist the city and it's citizens. We've been assured in the 4 years since 9/11 that precautions have been taken so that if another catacylsmic event were to occur on US soil that we would be prepared to handle it. It's clear not that such statements were either a lie or that we simply didn't think it was worthy of our full efforts and attention.

It's really not about what happened BEFORE the hurricane... and anyone who blames the people left in New Orleans for staying obviously is quite ignorant and insensitive. I know several people who stayed in New Orleans because they had a) no car and b) no money... you don't leave your house and all your worldly posessions in a city that isn't exactly known for it's safety to go wander on foot in search of higher ground. It's easy to play monday morning quarterback and say mass destruction was inevitable... but the fact of the matter is New Orleans has been through horrible storms before and predicted disasters before and has emerged intact. So it's unfair to condemn anyone who felt they had no choice but to stay. At the same time if the local, state and federal government felt the storm was such a grave threat they should have declared martial law, enforced a mandatory evacuation and provided transportation and accomodations for those who didn't have the means to leave themselves.

So is Kanye West right? That's impossible to say for sure... but from President Bush's actions in the past and his handling of the current situation in New Orleans, it's clear that the majority of evidence at least leans in that direction. If Cape Cod or Hilton Head had been hit, I promise you choppers would have been there as soon as it was safe to fly airlifting people and distributing supplies... why the same approach wasn't taken in New Orleans in the days proceeding the disaster is a serious question and one that needs to be answered by leading officals at all levels of government... especially president Bush.

fuck you Ye haters. His new album is better then the last and he spoke his mind when he wanted and that spoke more to me then any prewritten teleprompter could have.

[quote name='zewone']fuck you Ye haters. His new album is better then the last and he spoke his mind when he wanted and that spoke more to me then any prewritten teleprompter could have.[/QUOTE]

Oh, another Kanye West fanboy..What the hell does his cd have to do with this? He's just a foolish, immature jerk with a microphone trying to get attention by spouting off high-school level accusations. Ok, let's just look for a minute here: If President Bush put all of his attention and focus on this disaster area, who would be left in charge of our military? What if, during this whole relief effort, 500 of our soldiers got killed in Iraq? Then, we would have more rappers on tv saying how he doesn't care about the lives of the US citizens and that he's just war hungry. There is no way Bush can please every side of the country with what little options he has. There are people that say "Bush cares more about oil than he does the 'black people' of New Orleans"...If you want to complain about Bush's lack of concern for the blacks, then quit complaining about gas prices being high. And I just love these people on tv who are down there yelling that the government is doing nothing for them just before they fire off (stolen) guns into crowds of people and in front of policeman to prove their point. What's ironic is that we are supposedly off saving the world from the insane, insensitive, ruthless people of Iraq, when the people in these areas are starting to make the Iraqis look sane.
Back, to Kanye West..I'm pretty sure the Civil Rights movement is over. There is no need to start bringing back racism into every aspect of American life..especially on the program he was on at the time. What experience does he have in disaster relief? What knowledge does he have of the situation? I'm sure it's easy to ride in your limo or your decked out SUV or even kick back in your huge mansion and send off some of your money to this relief fund to save face, but he wouldn't know what to do if he had to handle this situation. What also does not make sense to me is how he related black people looting and white people helping their family to Bush hating blacks??? Does Bush control the media now? Does he tell the stations "Hey, do whatever you can to make white people look like superiors and blacks to look like vandals"?

[quote name='gambitmachete']I love it how any time anybody speaks out against Bush, they are just "doing it for publicity."[/QUOTE]

I love it how anytime ANYBODY speaks out against Bush, they are automatically a great speaker of above great intelligence.
I think Bush is a dumbass most of the time just as much as anybody, but it gets old, just like the whole OMG Kerry is TEH lying crap.
He should have put whatever PERSONAL political feelings aside, and remembered why he was there. PERIOD.

I forget which Governor it was, but one of them was quoted as saying that the National Guard is "more than willing" to shoot looters. S/he didnt even put it more politically correct by saying, they would shoot against their will, but I guess they really want to shoot people. Kayne did acknowledge that they are authorized to kill, and unfortunately most of the people are black.
Also credit has to be given to Kayne for saying that on TV, and as soon as he did, they cut from him. I'm not saying it was right to say that on the air, but if its the only forum he has, and if he shouldnt have to read the tele-prompter like M Myers looked like he was doing, he should be able to speak freely, he looked emotional in any case.
Thanks to whoever shared the video clip.

[quote name='Arakias']I forget which Governor it was, but one of them was quoted as saying that the National Guard is "more than willing" to shoot looters. S/he didnt even put it more politically correct by saying, they would shoot against their will, but I guess they really want to shoot people.[/QUOTE]

First of all, the comment was made towards the looting going on right after the hurricane and flooding, when fools were stealing TV's, car loads of beer, and breaking into Foot Lockers stealing sneakers and sports jerseys. Those people should be shot, and if I was given the opportunity I'd help shoot them.

The police aren't really doing anything to people who are just looking for food. Like the well reported instance of a police squad going into a Rite Aid store that was broken into and there was a bunch of people eating the food and taking basic supplies. The cops didn't say or do anything to them. People need to eat. People don't need to steal Air Jordans and Iverson jerseys.

You know I just posted about this on another board and thought of something else I should have added so I'll grace CAG with its presence instead.

I believe George Bush doesn't care about black people just as much as Kanye West doesn't care about any people.

Take of that what you will, I'll be buying his CD in the meantime. :)

[quote name='Soodmeg']Bush found a way to get to iraq within a god damn week![/QUOTE]

war on iraq started in march, sept to march is 6 months not a week

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']You know I just posted about this on another board and thought of something else I should have added so I'll grace CAG with its presence instead.

I believe George Bush doesn't care about black people just as much as Kanye West doesn't care about any people.

Take of that what you will, I'll be buying his CD in the meantime. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he should donate all the profits from his CD if he actually cares. This boosted him from a mid-level artist to a much higher level.

[quote name='GameDude']Yeah, he should donate all the profits from his CD if he actually cares. This boosted him from a mid-level artist to a much higher level.[/QUOTE]

Since when do mid-level artists sell 3 million copies of their debut cd? Kanye was on his way to selling 800,000-850,000 copies this week BEFORE that comment which would be one of the biggest chart debuts this year. So I can't see how Kanye had alot to gain by making this comment...

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']: If President Bush put all of his attention and focus on this disaster area, who would be left in charge of our military? What if, during this whole relief effort, 500 of our soldiers got killed in Iraq? Then, we would have more rappers on tv saying how he doesn't care about the lives of the US citizens and that he's just war hungry. [/QUOTE]

Since this military was brought up let me say a few things about the National Guard.

Sgt. 1st Class Ron Dixon recently returned from a deployment to Afghanistan with the Oklahoma National Guard’s 1345th Transportation Company. He said the biggest difference he sees is that the people in Afghanistan wanted to help themselves, while many of the evacuees just want others to help them.
http://www.marinetimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-1077862.php

Staff Sgt. Roland Spano of the 769th sees some similarities between his current mission and a recent deployment with his unit to Afghanistan.
“They’re animals over there,” he said, referring to Afghanistan, “and they are animals here. They’re just bolder animals here.”
Spc. Todd Lobell, who is in the 769th’s C Company, said that, unlike Afghans, he wonders if New Orleans residents want to help themselves. He said that some looting may be excusable as people need to feed their families. But Lobell said in an air of disbelief that during an earlier security mission he entered a grocery store that had been looted. The alcohol and tobacco aisles were empty, but the canned foods were nearly untouched.
http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-1076072.php

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Oh, another Kanye West fanboy..What the hell does his cd have to do with this?[/QUOTE]
I was responding to people in the thread who said they weren't feeling his new cd. Dick.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner'] If Bush hates blacks, then the New Orleans mayor hates blacks, and their governor hates blacks...at least if you follow philosopher Kanye West's idealogy.[/QUOTE]
You're right. They all probably do.

You must be white.

5 fucking days. It took 5 days before any form of relief reached the streets of New Orleans. The storm hit on monday. Its saturday now and they still havent gotten their shit together. They knew this was coming! It wasnt a suprise! so WHAT TOOK SO DAMN LONG? Are you telling me the world's foremost superpower does not have the capacity to organize a relief program for a distaster it was aware of a WEEK ahead of time ON ITS OWN SOIL? Maybe its because all the helecopters needed to airlift people out of flooded areas are off fighting in the Middle East. Maybe its because George Bush dosen't care about black people. Look, I'm not saying this is a racial issue, but it is clearly an issue of the aptitude of our government. Opinions aside, look at the FACTS and tell me that this administration is doing its job. What good has come from the last five years of Bush's presidency? Please dont dismiss this as liberal rhetoric, I am just asking everyone to seriously take a look and tell me what makes them proud of their president.

Television has become such a contrived and carefully regulated propaganda medium so I applaud Kanye for speeking his mind and turning heads on live TV. Its still ironic to me how the president openly attacking gay rights is ok but accusing him of racism is a huge no-no. If we really give a shit about this "freedom" we are protecting with our wars, then someone should be allowed to voice themselves on television.

[quote name='Haggar']OMGZ! BUSH CREATED A HARRIKANE!!

Please. They were told a hurricane was coming. If they were too stupid to leave, I won't lose sleep over them.[/QUOTE]

you sir, are a fucking asshole.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Don't worry, I doubt the people that are Kayne West fans are George Bush fans. Surprisingly enough, country fans ARE Bush fans.[/QUOTE]

I voted for Bush...i bought both of kanyes albums on release date.

Both Kanye and Bush strongly believe in God, they should both shake hands and get along :)

BTW for all of you who dont know, Kanye West is an asshole so im not surprised by this.

[quote name='Quatli']Opinions aside, look at the FACTS and tell me that this administration is doing its job. What good has come from the last five years of Bush's presidency? Please dont dismiss this as liberal rhetoric, I am just asking everyone to seriously take a look and tell me what makes them proud of their president.[/quote]

It may be doing it's job, but not well, that's a fact. But does anyone stop to think that maybe, just maybe, it's just that. It's not doing a good job. It doesn't always have to be the issue Mr. Kayne is so proudly flaunting, and adding more fuel to a fire that really needs to be given the chance to die out....by ALL sides.

[quote name='Weedy649']I voted for Bush...i bought both of kanyes albums on release date.

Both Kanye and Bush strongly believe in God, they should both shake hands and get along :)

BTW for all of you who dont know, Kanye West is an asshole so im not surprised by this.[/QUOTE]

What the fuck does God have to do with this?
And does speaking your mind on Television give you the title 'asshole?'

And does speaking your mind on Television give you the title 'asshole?'

It's not the 'speaking your mind' part it's just the setting where he said it. I love Kanye, but on the west coast on the News after the Hurricane Katrina updates they keep showing the Kanye clip. Kanye loves to be controversial, he knows people love loud-mouths cocky bastards.

I wasn't going to comment, but as a social worker...............as a human being there is no way in the world that this would have happened in a predominately white area. Help would of been there in a second. I watch the news and see a reporter (Geraldo Riveria) push through a crowd of minority people to interview the ONE white woman in the audience. I watch Bill O'Reily (not by choice, it happened to be on) accuse and blame Bill Clinton for this situation. He then calls Bill Clinton a "black president that failed" and tells a civil rites leader that its his people's fault. I am part jewish and part Italian and I have seen racism in my life because of this. As a human being I am appalled that humans treat others differently due to race, and this country is allowing people to die due to its ignorance when it comes to race. For anyone who is doubting this, watch the news and see how this area is being treated. Even Bush has admitted that this has been really half assed and props to Kanye West for saying something.

[quote name='rabbitt']What the fuck does God have to do with this?
And does speaking your mind on Television give you the title 'asshole?'[/QUOTE]

No, but threatening to throw a tantrum at an awards show if you don't win does...

He's the best.

Kanye whines too much. He wants to be the best, but he knows in his own mind that he will never stack up to Jay-Z.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Kanye whines too much. He wants to be the best, but he knows in his own mind that he will never stack up to Jay-Z.[/QUOTE]
He's on his way to doing it. He is two albums in. If he was making 9-10 albums like Jay-Z (Kanye is only making 4) then he probably could stack his career next to his. He is a hip-hop legend in the making and you are all witnessing it.

[quote name='Dante Devil'] I personally think that if was southern California were hit that hard, relief would have been instantaneous.[/QUOTE]
This isnt valid. The only thing that Bush hates more than poor people is California, especially the Bay Area.

[quote name='rabbitt']What the fuck does God have to do with this?
And does speaking your mind on Television give you the title 'asshole?'[/QUOTE]

Guess you dont get the whole religion thing i wont try turning this into that kind of thread.

As for him being an asshole, any real Kanye fan knows that he is/was before he ever said this.

[quote name='Otherguy676']I wasn't going to comment, but as a social worker...............as a human being there is no way in the world that this would have happened in a predominately white area. Help would of been there in a second. I watch the news and see a reporter (Geraldo Riveria) push through a crowd of minority people to interview the ONE white woman in the audience. I watch Bill O'Reily (not by choice, it happened to be on) accuse and blame Bill Clinton for this situation. He then calls Bill Clinton a "black president that failed" and tells a civil rites leader that its his people's fault. I am part jewish and part Italian and I have seen racism in my life because of this. As a human being I am appalled that humans treat others differently due to race, and this country is allowing people to die due to its ignorance when it comes to race. For anyone who is doubting this, watch the news and see how this area is being treated. Even Bush has admitted that this has been really half assed and props to Kanye West for saying something.[/QUOTE]

Amen. I wonder what would happen if the images being sent across the country were of white people struggling in the same way and the aid took as long to get there. I'm willing to bet it would be a HUGE national uproar. A lot more than what we are seeing now. The fact is, when whites see black people in this situation, we are detatched and can more easily accept it. Admit it or not, it has been ingrained in our mentalities. Institutionalized racism. I'm not saying that the aid was delayed on the sole reason that a largely black contingency was affected, but its an extremely valid issue, given that we live in a country that has only legally accepted THAT BLACKS ARE PEOPLE a couple generations ago. The mentality still exists.

I like Kanye's music and all, but I really doubt the sincerity of what he was saying. His line "I'm going to talk to my business manager and see how much I can donate" said it all for me. He means how much can he donate to maximize his tax benefits, get the most publicity (by donating more than other stars) without having to alter his own lifestyle. If he was so close to "his" people I'm sure he could drive his Escalade in there and pick up a few. If he personally donates like a million dollars or something that will actually affect him then I will take this back, but my take is that he said it just for shock value and to sell more copies of his new album which coincidentally was just released.

damn, will everyone shut the fuck up about Kanye's character traits and look at the issues? am I alone here?

[quote name='Quatli']damn, will everyone shut the fuck up about Kanye's character traits and look at the issues? am I alone here?[/QUOTE]

I dunno... this topic is about Kanye West. If you want to get your Kanye West Underoos in a twist and shout out about politics, go to the appropriate board.

[quote name='Quatli']damn, will everyone shut the fuck up about Kanye's character traits and look at the issues? am I alone here?[/QUOTE]

This topic is about Kanye and what he said, so no they won't.

EDIT: Beat by Rob Zombie :cool:

[quote name='The VGM']EDIT: Beat by Rob Zombie :cool:[/QUOTE]

The ladies don't call me The Flash fer nothin'...

... Well, in bed, anyway. ;[

its just kind of stupid how people get all caught up on his motivations behind what he said, trying to make him seem dishonest and self-promoting when he might just be an angry person watching his people suffer and expressing how he feels. What he said has a lot of implications which are worth discussing. His music/character should have nothing to do with it. Oh well, I guess thats what I get for trying to have a serious discussion on a gaming forum...

I think pulling the race card is just dumb and ignorant in this case.

Kanye eneded saying this....."They have given them permission to go down and shoot us"

Please read those articles a fellow CAG pointed out it...

"Few people are visible in the daytime, but soldiers say that civilians have reported that gangs among the people waiting for the buses forced several people inside Thursday night and raped them."

"But Lobell said in an air of disbelief that during an earlier security mission he entered a grocery store that had been looted. The alcohol and tobacco aisles were empty, but the canned foods were nearly untouched."

Those people deserve to be shot, i dont care what anyone says and i could care less if they were white or black.

I've said it three times, and people won't fuckin' listen. This thread is supposed to be about the telethon incident, and how hilarious and unexpected it was. Jesus, read the fucking thread title.

Yes, you are alone. Bye now.

[quote name='Quatli']when he might just be an angry person watching his people suffer and expressing how he feels.[/QUOTE]

Why are those people "his people"? Because they have the same skin color? I'm not black, I consider them my people -- human beings, AMERICANS.

I guess, in your eyes, people are and belong to their skin color, huh? A pretty ignorant and racial way to think, if you ask me.

People need help. Let them get that completed. Point fingers later.

[quote name='Brak']Why are those people "his people"? Because they have the same skin color? I'm not black, I consider them my people -- human beings, AMERICANS.

I guess, in your eyes, people are and belong to their skin color, huh? A pretty ignorant and racial way to think, if you ask me.

People need help. Let them get that completed. Point fingers later.[/QUOTE]
Best post in this thread. I agree.

[quote name='Brak']Why are those people "his people"? Because they have the same skin color? I'm not black, I consider them my people -- human beings, AMERICANS.

People need help. Let them get that completed. Point fingers later.[/QUOTE]

oh god, dont try and act like homogeniety actually exists in this country.. Tryin to act all shivalrous like people actually think that way. The fact is America is inherently racist and there is nothing you can do about it. Of course I dont believe that people are defined by their color, but deep within I believe that white people feel more comfortable watching black people struggle than other whites. It is a sickening and deeply profound mentality that exists in our country. Nobody will admit it but racism is still very prevalent. So dont come in here denying Kanye's right to support HIS people because you will never understand the bond that exists amongst a section of the population that has been systematically oppressed.

[quote name='Quatli']oh god, dont try and act like homogeniety actually exists in this country.. Tryin to act all shivalrous like people actually think that way. The fact is America is inherently racist and there is nothing you can do about it. Of course I dont believe that people are defined by their color, but deep within I believe that white people feel more comfortable watching black people struggle than other whites. It is a sickening and deeply profound mentality that exists in our country. Nobody will admit it but racism is still very prevalent. So dont come in here denying Kanye's right to support HIS people because you will never understand the bond that exists amongst a section of the population that has been systematically oppressed.[/QUOTE]

Racism will live forever with that attitude. It's called reverse-racism. I'm not saying there isn't racism, but there also isn't -- and when there isn't, people find racism where there is none, creating reverse-racism.

And thanks for telling me about how I really feel and how I can't relate with people because I'm white, asshole. I sound pretty interesting. Why don't you tell me more about myself?

But that isn't racism, now is it, tough guy?

bread's done
Back