KB Toys Closing Inventory Sales::: Full list of Closing Stores, is yours on it??

jt2k3

CAGiversary!
Hey guys... we got the bad news today :( . This is the full list of KB Toys that are closing. Between now and February 11th, Inventory Closing Sales SHOULD be starting at these stores. From first hand experience, one that closed around here went up to 90% off selected games, i could have gotten Metroid Prime for 3.59 new. Definitly look around at these places and keep calling to see if/when the sales are starting. The stores will only be open for another month or so.

SALES MOST LIKELY WONT BE ANNOUNCED FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS!" Thanks daphatty :)

We sold out the inventories to a liquidator, so the sales should be sweet... and cheap ass :D Enjoy guys.
:p :oops: :cry:
http://www.kbtinfo.com/GOBStoreList012804.pdf

Mine's closing, which sucks..

Anyone know when sales would begin? I was just there the other day - I guess their video game section wasn't the most up to date. Maybe they knew it was coming?

Also - wouldn't KB take most of the expensive items (a la video games) and just keep shipping to other stores staying open?I would think they'd save more $$ doing it that way?

[quote name='drsluggo']Also - wouldn't KB take most of the expensive items (a la video games) and just keep shipping to other stores staying open?I would think they'd save more $$ doing it that way?[/quote]

They sold ALL of these stores to liquidators, which means teh stock is no longer KBs. I know that the one in my district did not send away any of its stock. Its all still there.

Employees were just told yesterday, liquidators fully take control tomorrow, January 29th.

When the store in my district closed, it started at 50% off.

HOwever, that was KB closing it. I cant speak for the liquidator.

jt2k3, hope you and none of your friends were affected. sign of the times, but still very depressing to hear 3,500+ people won't be able to sleep easy tonight.

Man both KB Toys where I live is closed. Maybe before or after work I would check something out since I have to pick up my new copy of UC since my old one is stuck inside my old Xbox. Don't worry, I would get the newer copy for free. ;)

I just hope that there would be some killer deals at both KB's.

Shame thought that an ex-coworker of mine is loosing a job, and she is preaty cool too.

Sadly none near me are closing, but then again from the way some of them treated their jobs you'd think they wanted their store to close.

But I do feel sad for the ones that still need their jobs, being unemployed myself.

Quick update guys:

More stores will be added to this list in the next week. There are several stores that are "on teh bubble", and if KB decides they have to go, they have to go.

My local KB is closing :( Another good store is leaving that mall. First they kicked out the arcade after it was in the mall for 16 years (their lease was up and the mall was remodeled and management felt an arcade "didn't fit in" with the new mall image), now KB is closing. Going to the mall is getting less and less fun with the few stores I actually go to closing down.

As has been said I hope this doesn't affect you directly JT. I was a manager at a K-Mart that closed a year ago. Even though they weren't my future it was still a hard situation.

There's 3 Kay Bees within 25 min. of me so I guess I'll check a couple tommorrow. Thanks.

I'm checking my Kbtoys tomorrow, I hope they have the games on sale right now

Sorry to the people who work at Kbtoys though, a real blow

I just checked at the Seatac, WA location (listed in the .pdf file) and no sale yet. Guy there said the liquidation could start in 30-90 days.

Do they sale video games at KB Outlets? There's one near me that I always pass by, but I've never gone in.

Unfortunately, it's on the list of stores that are closing.

There's one closing near where I live, hopefully I'll be able to go there on Friday or Saturday. Also, are sale going to differ store by store?

nice there is one 15 minutes away closing. I might have to call tomorrow to see when all this starts. What I do agree on is that it sucks that so many people will be losing their jobs.

Wtf, there's like no stores closing in lower NY except for the Nanuet one...gonna have to get a friend to swing by there.

[quote name='terribledeli']Wow, really cleaning out Louisiana.

I'll swing by my local store tomorrow.[/quote]

You'd better not take any good shit out of the Acadiana Mall one.

One near me. woot! (again, sorry to good folks loosing their job). This is a painful mix of joy and sorrow.

I have close to $27, and I just won a brand new factory sealed copy of Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram for the Dreamcast! Yesterday on eBay, for $23 shipping included. I wanted that game for a long time, now I regret winning the auction! Maybe I can borrow money from someone and go to the nearest KB Toys, which is 45 minutes away and see what Xbox deals they have... :D

[quote name='jt2k3']LoL yah sweet for you guys but 3500 people are gonna be out of a job.[/quote]

Like it pays any good.

Don't expect any amazing deals right away people...

When a liquidator takes over, they start with a 10-20% discount, it lasts about 2 weeks, then they go to 30%....40%. The sales won't start at 50% with a liquidator. And by the time it DOES reach 50%, the stores will be pretty empty.

ANd have SOME tact, no matter how much the jobs pays, these are people who will be losing a source of income...i think that's a bit more important than getting 20% off a game.

FS

Well, pretty much any KB I know of in Michigan is shutting down. Unfortunately they're all at least a half hour away. I guess I'll have to call them up and check what's going on...

I remember getting a Job a "SILO" an electronics store like circuit city (I still think it was their fault). 2 week later a liquidator took over and we were all offered to work for them until the store closed. but then the top guy came in and said they were shipping all of our inventory to another store. It was ok though, that store was actually closer to my house. they started of at 20%. I kept everything I wanted in the back of the store on the highest shelf where nobody could see it untill everything went to 85% I got a pair of bose speakers for $150 you know, the $1000 ones! hahaha!
Sorry guys who are losing out on your jobs. just get some good deals while you're still there.

Anyone visiting KB's, let us know what you find in terms of inventory and price. Don't be afraid to ask "What's the discount you're currently offering?" I wonder how long it'll take for a 50% off deal to hit. Also, will this be ontop of the $9.99-$19.99 sale?

My apoligees to anyone losing their job...

Yeah, I stood in line at one of those Silo closings. Biggest waste of time in my life. The one I went to everybody must have had the good stuff on the top shelf too. Or else it was one of the ones they cleaned out the night before the clearance.

[quote name='jetblac']I kept everything I wanted in the back of the store on the highest shelf where nobody could see it untill everything went to 85% I got a pair of bose speakers for $150 you know, the $1000 ones! hahaha!
Sorry guys who are losing out on your jobs. just get some good deals while you're still there.[/quote]

It's too bad about the Landmark Mall (in VA) closing. I like that KB. I think mostly because it's so slow. The manager there's a good guy too. I hope all the employees who get displaced by this find something new soon!

[quote name='bradr']It's too bad about the Landmark Mall (in VA) closing. I like that KB. I think mostly because it's so slow. The manager's a good guy, there too. I hope all the employees who get displaced by this find something new soon![/quote]

Holy shit! That's the one I was talking about! And we posted at the same time too!

bread's done
Back