KB Toys Closing Inventory Sales::: Full list of Closing Stores, is yours on it??

jt2k3

CAGiversary!
Hey guys... we got the bad news today :( . This is the full list of KB Toys that are closing. Between now and February 11th, Inventory Closing Sales SHOULD be starting at these stores. From first hand experience, one that closed around here went up to 90% off selected games, i could have gotten Metroid Prime for 3.59 new. Definitly look around at these places and keep calling to see if/when the sales are starting. The stores will only be open for another month or so.

SALES MOST LIKELY WONT BE ANNOUNCED FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS!" Thanks daphatty :)

We sold out the inventories to a liquidator, so the sales should be sweet... and cheap ass :D Enjoy guys.
:p :oops: :cry:
http://www.kbtinfo.com/GOBStoreList012804.pdf

[quote name='daphatty']I haven't been to the one that is closing near me. I have no idea what their selection is. Hopefully it is still good.[/quote]

If you're talking about Landmark, the selection was pretty small. They probably hadn't been receiving shipments for a while.

* I guess DC Metro area's got a lot of free time this morning! :D

Cripes, more store closings??? That on top of K-mart, Ames, Zany Brainy/FAO Schwarz, Montgomery Wards, etc. I blame this on Bush. He's had 4 years to fix our economy, and it's still in the shitter. But hey, at least we have our extra hundred dollars from those tax cuts. That beats having a job, right?

[quote name='E-Z-B']Cripes, more store closings??? That on top of K-mart, Ames, Zany Brainy/FAO Schwarz, Montgomery Wards, etc. I blame this on Bush. He's had 4 years to fix our economy, and it's still in the shitter. But hey, at least we have our extra hundred dollars from those tax cuts. That beats having a job, right?[/quote]

Idiot.

[quote name='E-Z-B']Cripes, more store closings??? That on top of K-mart, Ames, Zany Brainy/FAO Schwarz, Montgomery Wards, etc. I blame this on Bush. He's had 4 years to fix our economy, and it's still in the shitter. But hey, at least we have our extra hundred dollars from those tax cuts. That beats having a job, right?[/quote]

He can fix the economy all he likes, but bad marketing, lying, stealing upper management types and overall stuuberness to leave 1980 are what have helped kill/injure these companies.

And please remember that the people you'll be trying to get deals from these stores are on thier last nerve, and having people get in thier face would not be in anyones best interest. I remember closing down the K-mart i worked at...God...People are freakin cruel.

[quote name='fwacce'][quote name='E-Z-B']Cripes, more store closings??? That on top of K-mart, Ames, Zany Brainy/FAO Schwarz, Montgomery Wards, etc. I blame this on Bush. He's had 4 years to fix our economy, and it's still in the shitter. But hey, at least we have our extra hundred dollars from those tax cuts. That beats having a job, right?[/quote]

Idiot.[/quote]

*Sigh*

This is the reason I wish there were an age and/or IQ requirement to be a CAG member.

Anyone know where the one in Burlington, NJ is? I've been up and down that road (rte. 130?) before looking for it, but it's location remains a mystery. Their address of 2501 doesn't seem to exist. I tried accessing KB's website this morning to look their number up, but their website was broken.

The liquidators get the stores today. They go in, see what the can salvage, see what sold where. and then, yes, within 30-90 days (or sooner) they will start putting up clearance signs and going through the paces. Employees need to be notified a certain amount of time ahead of time legally, so it shouldnt be instatanious

Whenever I try to open any of the .pdfs from the KB Toys Info site, I just get a blank screen, and the window locks up. Anyone else having this problem?

The KB store in the Kings Plaza Mall in Brooklyn said that they are having a 20% off sale right now, but only on select video games, not any new ones. They said after a few weeks there will be a higher percentage off. I'll wait until about 40%-50% to see what video games are left.

[quote name='E-Z-B'][quote name='fwacce'][quote name='E-Z-B']Cripes, more store closings??? That on top of K-mart, Ames, Zany Brainy/FAO Schwarz, Montgomery Wards, etc. I blame this on Bush. He's had 4 years to fix our economy, and it's still in the shitter. But hey, at least we have our extra hundred dollars from those tax cuts. That beats having a job, right?[/quote]

Idiot.[/quote]

*Sigh*

This is the reason I wish there were an age and/or IQ requirement to be a CAG member.[/quote]

I agree.

Please know what you are talking about when you begin to speak of the economy of the nation, and passing the blame of that economy on to someone who inherited it and is now trying to fix it. Things don't happen overnight when you are talking about an economy in the trillions. It's not like trying to decide whether or not you should buy a steak this week on the $200 you make. It takes time and effort, and a lot of patience to fix an economy that was hurt due to many factors. And if you don't like the tax refund you got, please donate it to charity where someone will appreciate it.

Regardless, you were just copying what some liberal posted on some website somewhere and not thinking for yourself. Hence, the idiot remark. I could have used ignorant as well, I suppose.

you might not have the most recent PDF reader... but usually you have to wait a couple of second for a PDF to show for some reason.

[quote name='fwacce'][quote name='E-Z-B'][quote name='fwacce'][quote name='E-Z-B']Cripes, more store closings??? That on top of K-mart, Ames, Zany Brainy/FAO Schwarz, Montgomery Wards, etc. I blame this on Bush. He's had 4 years to fix our economy, and it's still in the shitter. But hey, at least we have our extra hundred dollars from those tax cuts. That beats having a job, right?[/quote]

Idiot.[/quote]

*Sigh*

This is the reason I wish there were an age and/or IQ requirement to be a CAG member.[/quote]

I agree.

Please know what you are talking about when you begin to speak of the economy of the nation, and passing the blame of that economy on to someone who inherited it and is now trying to fix it. Things don't happen overnight when you are talking about an economy in the trillions. It's not like trying to decide whether or not you should buy a steak this week on the $200 you make. It takes time and effort, and a lot of patience to fix an economy that was hurt due to many factors. And if you don't like the tax refund you got, please donate it to charity where someone will appreciate it.

Regardless, you were just copying what some liberal posted on some website somewhere and not thinking for yourself. Hence, the idiot remark. I could have used ignorant as well, I suppose.[/quote]

OMG the liberals are coming, the liberals are coming. Look out because they have...opinions...

I am retarded. I thought there would be discounts today itself. So being bought by liquidators means we will see the prices drop in a few weeks?

Edit: Whack! The KB near me is pretty craptacular and the lady told me no sales. I've known this place has been closing down for the past few months and, as of yet, they haven't discounted even the worst game :(

[quote name='fwacce']
I agree.

Please know what you are talking about when you begin to speak of the economy of the nation, and passing the blame of that economy on to someone who inherited it and is now trying to fix it. [/quote]

Oh boy, here we go again. The blame about the economy on Clinton. Just like how Bush Sr. laid out the foundation for the econonmy for Clinton, right? I love how republicans refuse to acknowledge that Clinton and his staff played a major role in influencing the economy during the 90s. Fact is, Clinton was a great president, as was evident with our flourishing economy during the 90s. Just as Reagan was a great president with winning the Cold War. The Bushes ... their legacy is tarnished with the speculation that their own interests, along with other corporate interests, lead to their decisions. Bush Sr. has a huge stake in the oil industry. Cheney's corporation won most of the post-war reconstruction projects. Coincidences?

[quote name='fwacce']Things don't happen overnight when you are talking about an economy in the trillions. It's not like trying to decide whether or not you should buy a steak this week on the $200 you make. It takes time and effort, and a lot of patience to fix an economy that was hurt due to many factors. [/quote]

I agree. But 4 years wasn't enough? This is the longest economic drought since before World War II. I'm no Einstein, but perhaps his economic policies aren't working?

[quote name='fwacce']And if you don't like the tax refund you got, please donate it to charity where someone will appreciate it.[/quote]

I actually didn't qualify for the refund.

[quote name='fwacce']Regardless, you were just copying what some liberal posted on some website somewhere and not thinking for yourself. Hence, the idiot remark. I could have used ignorant as well, I suppose.[/quote]

No, these are my own comments. I read CNN everyday, and I guess if you want to call that liberal media, then by all means. I don't watch Fox News with hard-core conservative Bill O'Reiley, trying to tell us what to think. But I do not call myself "liberal." I am "moderate." Not all republicans are conservative, and not all democrats are liberal. One example would be John McCain. I respect this man as a politican. He doesn't appear to be controlled by special interests, and is one of the few who works with the other party to do what's best for this country. If all politicans would follow his example, perhaps this country wouldn't be labeled as the "most polarized its been in this nation in 5 decades".

Bottom line: Bush has hurt this country in many ways. The Patriot Act taking away our privacy, the No Child Left Behind Act with wasting money on children who just cannot keep up with normal kids (thus, schools spending more money on these kids, meaning taxes must go up to meet these mandates), the lousy ecomony, the attempt to start banning abortion, the deceitful justification to go to war with Iraq, etc. Need I go on?

Oh yeah, be nice to those KB employees!

the economy did downturn in march 2000. The tax cut helped, but it would have been more benefical to not use trickle down economics and give the full tax break to the middle and lower classes who would actually use the money and not stick it back in the bank

if anyone is to blame, its Greenspan, he shaped the economy into its great state and then went overboard with the rate increases

I love bush!

Oh...the president....

Anyways... around here at least most Sears locations have a KB's built in. Some with games, some without. No clue on what will happen to those, but ive never really seen them that busy.

1. the education bill was written by ted kennedy, the man who claims his record is the best senator to support education...he is an extremely liberal senator, who wrote a bill, and got everyting he asked for, so you can't really blame the decline in our education on bush, or say that it doesn't get enough money, as the budget for eductation going back to regan has gone up over 100% with each new president, it isn't the money, it is the system that is in place.

2. oreilly isn't a conservative by any means, he much like mccain say what he believes in, and will be very liberal in some things, and very conservative in other, as for fox news being extremely conservative, they have geraldo rivera, laurie dew, and alan combs, along with several other contriubtors who have or still do work for very liberal media outlets..yes hannity is conservative, but by no means would i say that the station as a whole is conservative

3. If you know economics, it takes between 3-6 years for economic policy to take effect..and yes the stock marekt like the economy is going to go up, then down, but always end up avg out higher. It is a historical fact that the economy was going down when clinton was still in office, just like when clinton took office the market started to go robust, he didn't even pass a budget and the economy was taking off..now he got a economy that was ready to go up when he took office, and he was able to keep it robust for the majority of his presidency, but he did let it slip, and bush took over in a downward economy, and the 911 happened which hurt the economy..but the economy is on the rise..and by election time, the economy, barring another major incident in the domestic usa, will be again on its way up. Unemployment is always a lagging indicator..the jobs will come back, people may have to learn new skills, but that is something one must do in order to get by

4. He is putting to end a ban on partial birth abortions...i would rather have that, then someone like wesley clark, who said about a month ago, up untill the baby is out of the women, she may decide to have an abortion, so a women could be do for child tonight, but now decides to have an abortion, just think of the millions that have been aborted that could be paying taxes right now, with all the baby boomers going into old age

5. Yes he did push the WMD, the most, but he had numerous other items on his list of things why iraq should be attacked...the un and bill clinton thought he had wmd, so why is it bush lying when currently their doesn't appear to be any. Iraq broke the peace accord, and the un did nothing, much like the league of nations with germany b4 ww2. One must suffer the consequences when the break the law and get caught and iraq did that. Bill Clinton told us when we went to bosnia/kosov that millions and millions were being clensed from society due to their ethnicity. Only 300k bodies found, so did bill lie to us and lead us into a war where we shouldn't have been. To me it doesn't make a difference, both presidents did the right thing, and ohh by the way we were told we will be in kosov for 1 year, and we are still their, same with japan and germany.
The democrats problem is they are saying where is the wmd, you lied to us, because the democrats voted for it, and they thought their was wmd. They should be saying, where are the wmd, you had an objective to get the wmd, b4 they are used against us, and now it is worse, as they are prob in the hands of terrrorist, you failed in your mission.

This post has nothing to do with the topic, but either did the negative comments on bush

The president of the USA doesn't make any policy, it is made by the house and senate

I had a conversation with the KB close to me.

The girl said that the liquidator’s want everything marked by this weekend and the place fully staffed because it’s "going to be a madhouse"

She seemed skeptical of that and said that currently it looks like things are ringing up for 25% off. She said the liquidation is either 30 or 60 days long and they wont give out when the next price break is.

I checked a GBA SP and its still ringing up at full price. So I expect that to come down a little with the second price drop. They probably figure people might pick up a system (at full price) then a lot of clearance games for it.

FYI

I checked out two... No sales yet, but since somebody said the the liquidators are coming today... I guess it should be at least a few more days.

...as previously noted...it takes about 30 days. Most people are only finding out today or within the last weeks they are losing thier jobs.

Raleigh Spring Mall location in Memphis, TN only has a 20% off sale going on. Hmm.. will try again in a few days though :p

damn those FW's with their fancy poodles and crocodile purses. Our middle class site and their high class rich site . just the name - fatwallet.com - indicates that they're rich. fat - wallet, storing a lot of money in it. and us- cheap ass gamers- stupid rich people. i hate them.

i hate bush too, but keep the politics outta this chat and at least into the off topic page. though it seems like everyone stopped, so ill say nothing.

Just at the KB at Regency Mall in Richmond, VA.

Nothing to really note. Games marked down 20%, all inaccessable behind a counter... some empty game boxes on the floor including PS1 games marked at $41.99.

And you wonder why they are closing some stores... Why buy a game at KB that is marked up $5-10 more than the same game u can pick up at Target, or across the street at TRU for $10 less?

Other items 20-40% off. I picked up a Batman & Robin action figure pack for my kid and it only rang up at 20% off, so I saved a little over $2.00. WHOO hoo.

BTW - move the policital rhetoric to the "Lifestyle Forum" please.

jt2k3 - Could you edit the main post to say "SALES MOST LIKELY WONT BE ANNOUNCED FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS!" in big bold letters so that the latecomers will get a clue?

Just a suggestion. :D

Politics are indeed appropriate for this thread. It's good to see there are some conscientious people out there. I'm just hesistant to read the political messages because it always just turns into one big flaming thread. The so-called "conservatives" vs. the so-called "liberals". aiyaa.

I wonder if systems will be on sale (GCN,XB,PS2,GBA)? I called my store today and they said a clearance will begin tomorrow but they had no other details.

Walla Walla, WA KB Toys has most of their games 20% off across the board. The guy I talked to was pretty bummed that he's losing his job but he was really helpful.

I picked up Street Fighter Alpha 3 for the GBA for $12 (missed the $10 deal @ BB awhile back). They sold their last XBox for $150 and they had Game Cubes going for $80. While I was there someone picked up a GC.

From what I saw, it looked like all of the games that had been marked down to $9.99, $14.99, $19.99 had been brought back to normal price and then marked down 20%.

From what I saw, it looked like all of the games that had been marked down to $9.99, $14.99, $19.99 had been brought back to normal price and then marked down 20%.

I noticed the same thing. What I don't get is why they make it so hard to buy games in the first place? Most games are behind that stupid counter with only the spines showing. How are we supposed to sort through that?!

XBox for $150? That's 16.7% off? Odd markdown. Anyways, not a bad deal. Too bad all the systems will be bought before the big price cuts come. Imagine a PS2 or XBox at 90% off. That would be 18 bucks!!!

[quote name='donssword']Just at the KB at Regency Mall in Richmond, VA.

Nothing to really note. Games marked down 20%, all inaccessable behind a counter... some empty game boxes on the floor including PS1 games marked at $41.99.

And you wonder why they are closing some stores... Why buy a game at KB that is marked up $5-10 more than the same game u can pick up at Target, or across the street at TRU for $10 less?

Other items 20-40% off. I picked up a Batman & Robin action figure pack for my kid and it only rang up at 20% off, so I saved a little over $2.00. WHOO hoo.

BTW - move the policital rhetoric to the "Lifestyle Forum" please.[/quote]
Target does not carry the ronin warrior action figures I so desperately desire.

[quote name='Soft Nugget']
Target does not carry the ronin warrior action figures I so desperately desire.[/quote]

Most of the stores that are closing probably had shipments stop after the holidays, which was already at least 20% off all video games. Newer titles 20% off were gone before Christmas at the one closing by me.

And I can't find WWF Maximum Sweat figures anywhere else but KB to make fun of.

I went over the that KB today expecting some nice deals but they had nothing good at all.....

All videogames are 15% off

All toys are 20% off

I guess I have to wait 2-3 weeks..

I checked out the KB Outlet that is closing on Paxton Ave near Cincinnati, Ohio today. Man it sucks. They were giving 20% off on everything EXCEPT video games...and those were 10% off. The didn't have ANYTHING good, except one copy of Legend of Mana for PSX, and after the discount, it was still $44.99. Besides that, they had a few other PS1 games, but ALL sucked. Maybe 5 total, and the ones I remeber are Sidney 2000 and a Mary Kate and Ashley game. They had a few dreamcast games, nothing good, and the rest were all N64 games....and all of those were riduculously priced. WCW Assault for $40...come on! It was a wasted trip!

I went to the KB Toys in Stonestown Galleria, in northern California. Consoles were 10% off; I think everything else, including games, was 20% off. They only had XBox consoles left. The store was already disintegrating into a mess.

The liquidator person was on-site when I was there, but she wouldn't tell me the future clearance dates, no matter how nicely I asked.

[quote name='Doylerulez'][quote name='Soft Nugget']
Target does not carry the ronin warrior action figures I so desperately desire.[/quote]

Most of the stores that are closing probably had shipments stop after the holidays, which was already at least 20% off all video games. Newer titles 20% off were gone before Christmas at the one closing by me.

And I can't find WWF Maximum Sweat figures anywhere else but KB to make fun of.[/quote]

Wrong... The stores that are closing in my district got trucks of stock up until last week. KB Stores only get one truck of freight per week.

The KB in Thousand Oaks, CA, is doing a 20% off sale right now. Some games had green markdown stickers on them like they used for the December 9.99/19.99 sale, nothing particularly good, stuff like The Italian Job, Enter the Matrix (20 each), Whacked (10), and a sports title or two. So nothing exciting to report...yet.

Well, it looks like I've lucked out. The three KB Toys stores closest to me (Temecula, Lake Elsinore and Hemet) are still in business. Seems like they aren't having problems in Riverside county.

Oh well.

The Kbtoys near meeeh (5mins) is till in business "20% off Only but other 2 Kbtoys (25 mins) is CLOSE down. Hope, I can find good STUFF or hit the Bargain there ;)

bread's done
Back