kbtoys B&M metal gear solid 3 $19.99

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='peloquin17']the first 5 PMs get it.

GO!!!
:D[/quote]

PM'd you for someone else who was looking for it.[/quote]

got it, and its on hold.

Holy crap, I got lucky today. They had one copy of MGS3 left and I got it. I also got Metroid Prime 2. They still had some of those left.

All my KB Toys were sold out, but managed a PM at BB. Thanks a ton OP!

I'm happy I waited on MGS3 now.

just picked mine up at a kb store in flushing nyc , so anyone in the queens area looking for the game there were like 6 copies there dont kno if anyone goes to that store so u might wanna call them there locatecd on main st and roosevelt ave . good luck ..

Slow down fellas. This isn't as hot as a deal as it seems. Konami always over-produces it's MGS games, All this deal does is safe you a few months of waiting and/or game playing. This game is destined to be $20 before summer, just before the time of GTA:SA for the Xbox I imagine. Anyhow, it's a great deal, but if you haven't played it yet...what was the hold-up anyhow, besides the price. It's a quality game, and my favorite for the holiday season. Well worth the $50 I first paid and sold it for, and the $20 that I bought it again for.

[quote name='peloquin17'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='peloquin17']the first 5 PMs get it.

GO!!!

got it, and its on hold.[/quote]

Dropped another PM for another CAG I know is looking for it.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='peloquin17'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='peloquin17']the first 5 PMs get it.

GO!!!

got it, and its on hold.[/quote]

Dropped another PM for another CAG I know is looking for it.[/quote]

taken care of.

Confirmed at Southpoint in Durham for anyone in the Raleigh/Durham NC area.

As of this morning they had 5 copies, I had someone get one for me. Don't know if there are any left now, but I figured i'd pass the info along.

[quote name='dafoomie']Its on Fatwallet... Good luck finding this ever again.[/quote]

Speaking of which... South Shore Mall in NY had none. Admittedly, i could have gone yesterday, but it seems like word spread around, and the last guy took two copies. The KB employee looked completely baffled. I wasnt planning on purchasing one for myself (as i dont have a PS2), but I was going to put it up here for someone or get trade in value. So its not a big deal.

BTW, is the trade in value for this game still 35 in most stores?

[quote name='chargeup45'][quote name='dafoomie']Its on Fatwallet... Good luck finding this ever again.[/quote]

Speaking of which... South Shore Mall in NY had none. Admittedly, i could have gone yesterday, but it seems like word spread around, and the last guy took two copies. The KB employee looked completely baffled. I wasnt planning on purchasing one for myself (as i dont have a PS2), but I was going to put it up here for someone or get trade in value. So its not a big deal.

BTW, is the trade in value for this game still 35 in most stores?[/quote]

I know Blockbuster gives $30 for it, not sure about EB or other stores, but I doubt it's $35.

Through a URL sent to me by supadupacheap, I managed to get a few copies of this from KBToys.com. Plus, the phone # for their order line, which is 1-877-452-5437 .

Here's the URL:
http://www.kbtoys.com/help/priceMatching.html?place=ahpr

It states the following:
Sorry, K•B Toys stores can't match prices or promotions featured on KBtoys.com or in the KBtoys.com newsletter.

Did you find a lower price on an item you purchased at KBtoys.com featured in a K•B Toys, K•B Toy Works or K•B Toy Outlet flyer or newspaper insert? We will honor the lower price, as long as it's within 30 days of your order date. However, we don't match prices advertised by companies outside of the K•B Toys Family.

I called them up and informed them that it's an advertised price in-store, though not in a flyer or a newspaper insert, as more than one poster in the thread has reported that it's posted in-store. I also told the rep that the store didn't have a copy of the item, and I thought I could have the online site match it, due to the policy stated on the website. Since it was an in-store price, and published in-store (at least a couple of them), it should fall under their price match policy as stated on the site. It took 3 or 4 go-arounds with this rep to agree with me on this point, though she finally did.

As I figured it would be worthwhile to see what I might be able to pull off, I checked to see if the price would apply to multiple items by asking the rep, and lo and behold, she said it would. So, to make the shipping charges less nasty for the order, I ordered five of them. All of which will go to fellow CAGs, in case you were wondering about why I was getting that many. $5.20 shipping charge split between 5 items, and no tax on the whole order, makes it about what I'd pay for it at B&M with tax. I checked online, and it's in my KBToys.com info for my account, and I have the confirmation email in my Inbox.

I'd call this the YMMV of all time in this deal, though the items are in stock, and I should get them within a couple of weeks, most likely by the end of next week. The order is showing in my order history, so it's a valid order. If you can pull this one off, then you're as lucky as I did, though I'm guessing it might be the one-in-a-million shot to pull this one off.

You have all the steps above that I used to do it, so hopefully, it might work for CAGs that couldn't find it. And I'll have 4 copies (one set aside from the five for another CAG), that will go to fellow CAGs. Not quickly, mind you, though they should show up regardless.

[quote name='lurknomore']Slow down fellas. This isn't as hot as a deal as it seems. Konami always over-produces it's MGS games, All this deal does is safe you a few months of waiting and/or game playing. This game is destined to be $20 before summer, just before the time of GTA:SA for the Xbox I imagine. Anyhow, it's a great deal, but if you haven't played it yet...what was the hold-up anyhow, besides the price. It's a quality game, and my favorite for the holiday season. Well worth the $50 I first paid and sold it for, and the $20 that I bought it again for.[/quote]

The hold-up is always the price....

KB Toys in Bethlehem, Pa has a bunch in stock for that price. I had the Circuit City in Philipsburg, NJ call them up and they price matched it plus gave me 110% the difference. It came to $16 and change.

I got a copy at BB, who PM it and that brought it down to $19.99, but instead of getting the 10% off the difference I went for the GGC option and got an extra $5 off to bring my total to a whopping $14.99! :)

[quote name='lurknomore']Slow down fellas. This isn't as hot as a deal as it seems. Konami always over-produces it's MGS games, All this deal does is safe you a few months of waiting and/or game playing. This game is destined to be $20 before summer, just before the time of GTA:SA for the Xbox I imagine. Anyhow, it's a great deal, but if you haven't played it yet...what was the hold-up anyhow, besides the price. It's a quality game, and my favorite for the holiday season. Well worth the $50 I first paid and sold it for, and the $20 that I bought it again for.[/quote]

I agree whole-heartedly with this statement. I think you'll start to find MGS3 for $20 in plenty of places long before it officially becomes a GH title. Games toward the end of a system's cycle tend to fall faster (as was the case with PSOne games like Parasite Eve 2, Final Fantasy IX, etc.) -- and the reason for that is obvious: the lifespan of the machine is nearing its end. No matter what you believe about where the PS2 is right now, the fact is most gamers want the next big thing and when news about Xbox 2 and PS3 start to hit, PS2 game sales will start to slow down, and if you're Konami, you want to maximize sales as much as possible before this cycle is done. While the official end of the PS2 is at least 1-2 years off, truth is the "real" end of this cycle is only about 6-8 mos. away. That's arguable, I know, but don't be surprised to find games this past Winter fall to $29 and $19 in a few more months. It's going to happen. That's just simple economics.

In fact, if you don't believe me, then just pick up a Target, CompUSA, or even Best Buy ad -- games like PoP: WW, Echoes, and yes, even MGS3 were recently as low as $29.99. That's a sale, yes, but that's also a mighty quick coming down from retail price. The only rule to prices is that they must be in line to maximize sales, and given where we are in the cycle, MGS3's drop is probably (at most) 3-4 mos. away.

I don't think this has anything to do with machine lifespans at the end. The fact is that the market was completely saturated with games during the holidays, and there's just no way for the vast majority of them to compete with the Halo 2s and the GTAs. Expect even more price drops in the next several weeks.

[quote name='peteyrose']I don't think this has anything to do with machine lifespans at the end. The fact is that the market was completely saturated with games during the holidays, and there's just no way for the vast majority of them to compete with the Halo 2s and the GTAs. Expect even more price drops in the next several weeks.[/quote]

Agreed -- but I see this as just another factor that contributes to it. You can have a stiff holiday outing and still keep your game priced around retail for a while if you're convinced it can sell through gift cards and money people received over the holidays, esp. if you have pos. reviews on your side.

In this instance, I think what will ultimately fuel the cut faster is that this is the last hot winter for the PS2, and there is little incentive for Konami to keep the game priced high as people will begin to lose interest in PS2 sooner rather than later.

[quote name='xenoman80'][quote name='robot'][quote name='xenoman80']called both kbs near me in manhattan and the said they dont have. im going anyway might find it there still.m can some one any one pck me up a copy id paypal hem asap plzl. plz. plz. plz.!!!!!!![/quote]

let me know if they have any (or gba players for cheap) I was gonna walk over there during lunch if they had either in stock. thanks![/quote]
ight i will but dont expect anything lol[/quote] sorry took so long to report but there no more msg in the kb on 33 in manhattan mall and couldnt find the gb player for less than 49.99

To my surprise I found a KB within an hour of me. I picked up the last two copies they had. One for me and the other to the first person to PM me who wants it for a $27 money order. CAUTION: it may be the display copy as the sticker that is always on the top of the case is missing. However, it is shrink wrapped as new. PM away if you want it. I won't sell to anyone who is known to ebay deals like this.

I retract my previous statements, I cracked and bought it. The Freehold, NJ store still had like a dozen MGS3's and about half a dozen Metroid Prime 2's (though I only got MGS)

If anyone wants me to pick one up, let me know. I've got no problem helping a fellow CAG out with either title.

[quote name='alongx']I retract my previous statements, I cracked and bought it. The Freehold, NJ store still had like a dozen MGS3's and about half a dozen Metroid Prime 2's (though I only got MGS)

If anyone wants me to pick one up, let me know. I've got no problem helping a fellow CAG out with either title.[/quote] mememememem pm me your info and ill papypal 20.00

The alternative is to go to Target . . . their special this week is ripe for exploitation. You buy 2 $50 games and get one free (includes MGS3) . Their system takes $50 off the total transaction . . . like a coupon. If you return two of the games . . . you get $100 (plus tax) back.

[quote name='serro821']Damn. I bought it a week after it launched and I haven't really played it at all. To busy with Halo 2, Resident Evil 4, and Mercenaries.[/quote]

This is why I haven't bought RE 4 . . . I have sooo many games that I don't see much reason to pay release prices.

Thanks, OP! Picked up the display copy (last one) at Cary Town Center in Cary, NC.

Picked up Metroid Prime 2 also. Great deal. :mrgreen:

[quote name='xenoman80']

sorry took so long to report but there no more msg in the kb on 33 in manhattan mall and couldnt find the gb player for less than 49.99[/quote]

I went to the Manhattan Mall KB too and they were out. Damn! I was hoping to buy it before I went to the Knicks game.

[quote name='schultzed']The alternative is to go to Target . . . their special this week is ripe for exploitation. You buy 2 $50 games and get one free (includes MGS3) . Their system takes $50 off the total transaction . . . like a coupon. If you return two of the games . . . you get $100 (plus tax) back.[/quote]

really? wouldn't the receipt show the free game and wouldn't they want it back before they refend you your money?

[quote name='javeryh'][quote name='schultzed']The alternative is to go to Target . . . their special this week is ripe for exploitation. You buy 2 $50 games and get one free (includes MGS3) . Their system takes $50 off the total transaction . . . like a coupon. If you return two of the games . . . you get $100 (plus tax) back.[/quote]

really? wouldn't the receipt show the free game and wouldn't they want it back before they refend you your money?[/quote]

my thoughts exactly.....

[quote name='javeryh'][quote name='schultzed']The alternative is to go to Target . . . their special this week is ripe for exploitation. You buy 2 $50 games and get one free (includes MGS3) . Their system takes $50 off the total transaction . . . like a coupon. If you return two of the games . . . you get $100 (plus tax) back.[/quote]

really? wouldn't the receipt show the free game and wouldn't they want it back before they refend you your money?[/quote]

Seems like a scam, not a deal. Not one I'd try, though I'm certainly not saying that I've been above this kinda trick.

I noticed someone mention they picked up a copy of Metroid prime 2 at kbtoys in this thread, is that game 20 dollars there too?

I'm not suggesting that anyone do this . . . honestly, I can't see how its illegal but its definitely immoral.

Target has a bad system for these types of deals. The clerk scans a coupon that removes $49.99 from the total (the tax is also lowered). Best Buy handles this better . . . at BB each game would be lowered to $33.33. Then you could return 2 and keep the one you want for $33 . . .

[quote name='Ikari Warrior']Found in Noth Attleboro, MA. Thanks, for the deal, I would have never found it on my own![/quote]

I found it lastnght at the mall in Walpole, MA but it scanned at $49.99. Does it have some special sticker on it? If I could have thought of a store in the area that had it for $19.99 I would have pressed to get it cheaper, but I just thanked them and left. So it may be YMMV. Or I may go back again today.

[quote name='abitteroldman'][quote name='Ikari Warrior']Found in Noth Attleboro, MA. Thanks, for the deal, I would have never found it on my own![/quote]

I found it lastnght at the mall in Walpole, MA but it scanned at $49.99. Does it have some special sticker on it? If I could have thought of a store in the area that had it for $19.99 I would have pressed to get it cheaper, but I just thanked them and left. So it may be YMMV. Or I may go back again today.[/quote]

I'm not aware of it being YMMV as it seems like nearly all of the stores have marked it down. Have them scan Metroid Prime 2, LOTR: The Third Age (GC or PS2), and Goldeneye: Rogue Agent. Those should ring up for $29.99 each. If those are also $49.99 then it sounds like your store is not participating in the markdowns.

The alternative is to go to Target . . . their special this week is ripe for exploitation. You buy 2 $50 games and get one free (includes MGS3) . Their system takes $50 off the total transaction . . . like a coupon. If you return two of the games . . . you get $100 (plus tax) back.

This will not work. The system has flags installed that tie all three games together. Not to mention it would be theft.

What you can do is get three games you don't necessarily want, and return them later for different games. But even this goes against the intentions of the sale.

bread's done
Back