kbtoys B&M metal gear solid 3 $19.99

[quote name='xyz']
This will not work. The system has flags installed that tie all three games together. Not to mention it would be theft.

[/quote]

Wrong, yes. Dishonest, certainly. Taking advantage of a weakness, agreed. But I don't know how this would be considered actual theft.

But I'd say you're wrong about the "flags" unless they are YMMV. :twisted:

[quote name='abitteroldman'][quote name='Ikari Warrior']Found in Noth Attleboro, MA. Thanks, for the deal, I would have never found it on my own![/quote]

I found it lastnght at the mall in Walpole, MA but it scanned at $49.99. Does it have some special sticker on it? If I could have thought of a store in the area that had it for $19.99 I would have pressed to get it cheaper, but I just thanked them and left. So it may be YMMV. Or I may go back again today.[/quote]

had the same problem, the guy just said that sorry but if i want it less than 49.99 i would have to go to frys. stupid kbtoys in dallas,tx.

( by the way is there a way i can make them contact another kbtoys in another city. or will it not work?)

I went to KB today. Apparently, they never got the game in. You read that right. They didn't even get one of the biggest games of the season in. This is the same KB that still has N64 games.

For any central PA CAGs:

Picked up one at Colonial Park Mall in Harrisburg - there's one left as of 5 pm today. Maybe someone can do a PM at the CC down the road, which I forgot to try.

The Capital City Mall location said they don't carry the game, so I guess rabbitt's situation isn't unique.

[quote name='rabbitt']I went to KB today. Apparently, they never got the game in. You read that right. They didn't even get one of the biggest games of the season in. This is the same KB that still has N64 games.[/quote]
Same thing here. Didn't see any games from the past year at the local KB. All they had were junky greatest hit titles from 2003.

Wow, ebay/half.com are swamped with these now. I don't see how it is worth the trouble of selling and shipping everything when you're going to make like a $4 profit off of each one sold. I mean if theyre going for $32 for a new copy on there, minus 15% commission for selling + your expenses to ship it after the shipping allowance.

i have a few comments,

1) the livingston mall in livingston, nj kb has mgs3 for 19.99 and they are really cool about it oo

2) while speaking with the nice lady there she had mentioned there were "a bunch of games on sale and the prices are all pretty much wrong" so i asked her to check a few prices but got nothing else worth mentioning

3) anyone know anything else worth picking up at kb during this odd little sale they have? other then mp 2 for 29.99?

or maybe a list of sale games would be nice too

thanks for your time

[quote name='PS2gamerGCN'][quote name='rabbitt']I went to KB today. Apparently, they never got the game in. You read that right. They didn't even get one of the biggest games of the season in. This is the same KB that still has N64 games.[/quote]
Same thing here. Didn't see any games from the past year at the local KB. All they had were junky greatest hit titles from 2003.[/quote]

Ditto here. Mine didn't have any recent games at all. Just old junk. Nothing rare either!

[quote name='chimpian']i have a few comments,

1) the livingston mall in livingston, nj kb has mgs3 for 19.99 and they are really cool about it oo

2) while speaking with the nice lady there she had mentioned there were "a bunch of games on sale and the prices are all pretty much wrong" so i asked her to check a few prices but got nothing else worth mentioning

3) anyone know anything else worth picking up at kb during this odd little sale they have? other then mp 2 for 29.99?

or maybe a list of sale games would be nice too

thanks for your time[/quote]

I dunno if it was a wrong sale because the KB I went to in flushing NYC had a sign saying "new low prices for these games" its MGS3 Mertroid 2 , rogue agent, third age , and ATV offroad 3 .. and the sign didnt look like some just wrote it , it looked like it was a sent to the store by management .MGS3 had a sticker 2 19.99 .

For those that didn't catch it, I'll have four copies of MGS3 that I ended up ordering from KB.com @ $19.99, due to a semi-loophole in their PM policy on their B&M pricing. Details on page 12, I believe.

They'll sell for $25 shipped, going media mail with a DC on it. I may not have them for a week or more, so just a feeler out there for possibly interested parties, who can PM me for interest.

[quote name='abitteroldman']I found it lastnght at the mall in Walpole, MA but it scanned at $49.99. Does it have some special sticker on it?[/quote]

At mine, the regular price tag, both on the demo box and on the saleable game boxes, were for $19.99.

[quote name='shrike4242']For those that didn't catch it, I'll have four copies of MGS3 that I ended up ordering from KB.com @ $19.99, due to a semi-loophole in their PM policy on their B&M pricing. Details on page 12, I believe.

They'll sell for $25 shipped, going media mail with a DC on it. I may not have them for a week or more, so just a feeler out there for possibly interested parties, who can PM me for interest.[/quote]

Dude, you freaking rock! First kmart and now kb deals, thanks man.

I still have the one I offered earlier. It's $27 because gas money is a factor here. I drove an hour each way to get it. So PM me if you want it. As I said earlier, it appears to be a resealed display copy which shouldn't matter if you're wanting a copy to play.

I picked one up yesterday, last copy in Pleasanton, CA. Thanks OP!

I was just going to sell the game for profit (rented it and didn't like it before), but now I'm hooked on it.

For All you Jersey cheap ass gamers!!!
The KB toy store in Willowbrook Mall have copies of Metal Gear 3.
I used a $5 coupon from one of those Entertainment books I had. Which had a kb-toy coupon. So I had it MG3 for a sweet $15 deal.
Go CheapAssGamers.com!!!

I stopped at the one near me and they were out. I saw a nice space between games on the shelf where it probably was. Oh well, I'll get it at $20 later. I still need to pick up MGS2 since it's very cheap at GS and EB used.

I checked with KBToys.com and they no longer have MGS3 listed on their site.

According to the rep I spoke with, they're probably not going to get it back in stock, since they said it's "not available for backorder status".

I'm actually surprised that any store would discount a popular title like MGS3 so quickly. This game had to still be selling reasonably well even full retail. There are tons of MGS fanboys out there.

I think I just found the last copy at KB!

I looked up KB in the yellow pages and called up everyone of them they were all sold out until the very last store on the list. I'm gonna go pick it up right now :D, it sucks tho that its 50miles away each way. :s

Oh well, its worth the trip for $20 for such a great game.

The KB at a local mall here didn't have it in stock, but when I asked how much it was, the clerk said that it was 49.99. Anyone think that he bought it all himself and is gonna eBay it?

I don't have a KB around here. I've been playing the series ever since it was on the psx. Akward on how I haven't picked up this game yet.
:cry:

If anyone still has a copy left who'd be willing to sell it for cost plus shipping, I'd bow down to your kindness.

[quote name='dp84']The KB at a local mall here didn't have it in stock, but when I asked how much it was, the clerk said that it was 49.99. Anyone think that he bought it all himself and is gonna eBay it?[/quote]

I think he's just ignorant and didn't bother to check the price in the computer for you. I had some idiot clerk tell me that Panzer Dragoon Orta was $49.99 at K.B. Toys last holiday season, but then someone else actually scanned it at $9.99. Most of those minimum wage workers don't know what they're talking about.

I went down to my local KB today, and I was suprised to actually find MGS 3 for $19.99, and it seemed like they had quite a few copies behind the one I bought. It seemed like the employees didn't even know until I asked what the tag said (the numbers are so hard to see from behind the counter), and it was $19.99. I also picked up MP2 Echoes for $29.99. This is like one of the only times where someone has posted a deal for a B&M store, and was actually able to find the game at said price.

So in there are any CAG's in Western Riverside Country (CA), you might want to head down to the Promenade Mall in Temecula to grab a copy of MGS3 for $19.99. It seems like word hasn't spread in this area, so if you're around the area, you might want to swing by that mall.

Thanks to the original poster for giving the information about this! I would have kicked myself in the ass repeatedly if I never found out sooner!

Thanks OP, I just got my copy yesterday. Took me 3 KB's cause someone kept on buying em all up. Somebody actually bought 8, about 5 minutes b4 I walked in to one. Thanks again

I got one today from my local KB in abusy mall, and they had a couple left. Very surprised to see that, figured it would be sold out days earlier. I had just popped in while on errands so it was a pleasant surprise (though seeing MGS3 so apparently hard to sell wasn't pleasant).

I drove 70miles each way to some dessolated desert town just to get this game for $20. Damn I am cheap.

On the plus side though, this game r0x0rs and I actually drove through the very spot where Pamela Anderson was giving Tommy Lee road head in their home video. :)

If it's possible you CAGs should do what I do, which is buy a copy at KB and then PM it at another store if someone you know wants one. This way you're covered if KB runs out because you bought your original copy from them so you can just return it and then put it on hold, shoot back over to BB and PM it and then go back to KB and buy it back. Of course my BB and KB are right in the mall within walking distance of one another so it makes this easy, and I will never have to pay $49.99 for MGS3 ever again. Feels kinda good actually.

[quote name='3QGojo']I will never have to pay $49.99 for MGS3 ever again. Feels kinda good actually.[/quote]

Considering that MGS2 now sells used for $5 at Gamestop, I'm pretty sure MGS3 will be joining the Greatest Hits value line as well at some point in the future. I tried it out on a friend's rental (and it's ok), but I can certainly wait until it's $20 everywhere (or even cheaper) before I put my own money down on it.

Was able to snag an extra copy yesterday when I bought mine. Not sure if anyone is still looking for the game. PM me and let me know.

Thanks OP

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']Considering that MGS2 now sells used for $5 at Gamestop, I'm pretty sure MGS3 will be joining the Greatest Hits value line as well at some point in the future. I tried it out on a friend's rental (and it's ok), but I can certainly wait until it's $20 everywhere (or even cheaper) before I put my own money down on it.[/quote]

MGS3 will definitely be a GH title by this fall at least, if not earlier. Don't know how often you'll find it much cheaper, though. I caved and bought it now because when it drops in price I'll most likely get stuck with a GH box and I'll be saving $5, which isn't enough to put off playing a great game for another 8 months or so.

Grabbed the last MGS3 from Galleria in Bham, AL today. In an aside, I took a trip to Toys R Us and the guy working there said that the game was not selling well and that he doubted it would sell enough to get the coveted greatest hits title. Hmmm...

Anyways, thanks for the tip guys.

TaFFeR

Not the most reliable source of info: "The guy working at Toys'R'Us".
Metal Gear 3 should have no trouble becoming a greatest hits game.

bread's done
Back