Keep eye on mailbox if you're GZ Unlocked: Four pretty good coupons! B2G1, more!

mattcube64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Hey all!

First off, super big apologies if this has been posted. The valid dates are 9/12 - 12/31, which makes me think these have been in circulation for a while. I follow the trade-in thread quite a bit, and don't recall hearing about these. Maybe I have selective memory? Did a search but didn't see anything...

Anyway, I signed up for Best Buy's GamerZone Unlocked about a month and a half ago. I still haven't received my first issue of the magazine in the mail, but today I got these coupons:

6312294277_c227fda6b7_z.jpg

Pretty good offers; better than normal throw-away trash, that's for sure. So, yeah, keep an eye out!

Just got back from BB...coupon worked for me too with no problems. Spent 40 minutes in line to checkout.

Ended up with UC3, BF3, & Madden 12 for $64.90 after tax. Trading Madden to Amazon for $29.70, so I'm ending up with UC3 & BF3 for $35.20...not too bad.

[quote name='twinton']Just got back from BB...coupon worked for me too with no problems. Spent 40 minutes in line to checkout.

Ended up with UC3, BF3, & Madden 12 for $64.90 after tax. Trading Madden to Amazon for $29.70, so I'm ending up with UC3 & BF3 for $35.20...not too bad.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I had a 70 minute wait...there was a guy in line who actually complained to a BBY employee about the wait...dude you are at BBY at 2 in the morning...what did you think it was going to be like?

Just got back also no problem. Grabbed Dead Island, Uncharted 3 and tough call they had Yakuza 4 or Alice: Madness...went with Yakuza since I missed the stupid $10 sale. It all rang up fine. Get it while you can!

With my Unlocked status only showing up a few days ago after paying for it in September, it seems I am not fated to take part in this...not that there is a BB anywhere near my family's house anyway.

I can't use the coupon.....i already got great deals on just about every game on sale today :(

But at least the coupon doesn't expire for a while.

The coupon worked automatically. Got 3 games for $64 after tax (B:AC, BF3 LE, AC:R).

Got to BB around 230am PST (hoping the lines had died down, but seriously under estimated as the lines to purchase winded down every aisle of the store still and people in line had those $200 tv still), went to where I stashed :ps3: Uncharted 3, BF3 Limited Edition, and NFS The Run, which was behind those System Vault things. Unfortunately someone must have found my stash whether a BB employee or customer I would not know. There were tons of BF3 normal editions everywhere (aisles, displays, some on the floor), grabbed one. Found a :ps3: Batman AC w Robin code that was hidden behind Madden 12, bingo. Decided to get the :ps3: AC:R as my third game whilst looking around for maybe a restock of Uncharted 3. While contemplating purchasing :ps3: Dirt 3 & Toy Story 3, an employee restocked BF3 and luckily there were some of the limited editions in her hands. Swapped the normal for the LE then while looking for the end of the line I noticed there was an employee ringing people up at the computer department and his line was 5 people long. Waited about 10 minutes to get to the register, gave my Gamer Unlocked card, asked if he could try scanning the coupon and the employee said "I will try but it may not work with BF prices". He scanned in the two $30 games first then AC:R then the coupon and like everyone has said the $34.99 game was free. $64 for 3 games (paid with trade in credit) was worth the 1 hour it took to get in and out of BB. Then headed across the street to Walmart with BB ad in hand. Waited in line at electronics for 15 minutes to grab UC3, headed up front to register to PM and after the moronic manager had to rub her 2 brain cells together to decipher "29.99 after savings" was not a rebate but an actual sale price, and confirmed by another manager, I walked out of Walmart with UC3 for $33. Now my plan is the hit up CL to trade one of these games for Skyrim. 4 games for $100 is a deal. Was back in bed 1.5 hours after leaving the house to attempt this BF adventure.

Used the coupon to pick up Uncharted 3, Assassin's Creed Rev. and NBA 2k12. The key part of this is purchased Uncharted for 59.99 on 11/1/11 so I can now return it for a $60 refund (plus tax). So essentially, I used a coupon and got two free games. I love you Best Buy (for today at least).

Also, I can't believe how badly Best Buy whooped Amazon so far. *At least in my opinion.

oh definately. Amazon did nothing for me this year. BestBuy was crazy all week. I know I was super impressed with Bestbuy this year even if they had some problems implementing their new policies. But sales/potential gamers club coupons/5 preorder 100 deal hopefully/ trade ins, bestbuy blew amazon out of the water. and this BF was totally bestbuys, i didnt even mess with amazon's lightning deals.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I am not sure what you mean. If you mean you have the coupon then yes it has been working. I used it at about 5 am EST. Still was glitched where it took the 3rd game as free even if more expensive. All still need to be below $40 though.[/QUOTE]

Even if you don't, it was working. Casheir forgot to load my RZ card and it came up. He went back and added it though. I rather enjoyed that it took the 3rd game off.

I used the coupon and it worked smoothly. I was kinda upset at the fact the guy rung up the highest price game I got first even though I put it on the bottom of the pile. Ended up paying $20 more than I estimated. =/

I used my coupon on NFS: The Run, Disneyland Adventures and Assassins Creed: Revelation. Best of all, the guy was so tired I didn't surrender my coupon!

[quote name='radioactivez0r']With my Unlocked status only showing up a few days ago after paying for it in September, it seems I am not fated to take part in this...not that there is a BB anywhere near my family's house anyway.[/QUOTE]well at least you know the "exclusive" BB offers for unlocked will be worth the $15(free if you got the coupon) plus the @gamer mag.

[quote name='Japakneez']I can't use the coupon.....i already got great deals on just about every game on sale today :(

But at least the coupon doesn't expire for a while.[/QUOTE]look for flips that'll net extra credit for larger purchases in the future not tied to an expiration date.

My brother and I went to another Best Buy, and brought the previous purchase's receipt and coupon. They were all out of the games I had wanted to buy, so I tried to do a return/rebuy at this one and the girl at the Customer Service got angry immediately when she saw the coupon.

"Seriously? Why didn't they do this for you? This has no restriction. Ahh!!!" It was a sleep deprived groan.

She read the other store number off the receipt, and shrugged. My brother jokingly said something about it being the worst Best Buy in the area and she nodded heavily. She had someone else do the return/rebuy and it was easily taken care of.

Now to review that initial Best Buy and rip them a-fucking-part.

I had luck using the cupon as well. Went to BB and got AC: Revelation. Batman Arkham City (with Robin code- I gues left from launch) and Uncharted 3 for $60 + tax. Amaizingly the register took off the highest valued game to be free (AC: Revelations). So all 3 games (ps 3) for $60 - The best deal so far I ever heard about. Than I got even more- I was able to find Halo Reach limited and Dirt 3 (xbox 360) for $15 each , right there in the store shelves at 10:30 a.m. Thanks BB.

I had a quick and easy experience at the Frederick, MD Best Buy:

I walked in at around 10:30am EST and noticed that while there was a line at the front, it didn't seem all that long since there were cashiers at all 8 registers and an employee (who seemed like a manager or assistant manager) was directing people in line to the next available register. I went straight to the video games section and found many copies of U3, RAGE :)ps3:), and AC:R :)ps3:) still available. I picked those up, stood in line for about 10 minutes, and was able to get all three for a little over $63 after tax and with the B2G1 coupon (paid entirely with GCs); I didn't even have to ask the employee to scan AC:R last (though I was fully prepared to do so). Awesome experience overall. :applause:

I did notice that the 3 copies of the Skyrim CE guide I noticed during my last visit were gone, which was disappointing--I had hoped to use the 50% off coupon on one.

What's even better is that I locked in a $32.20 Amazon trade for RAGE :)ps3:), so I essentially paid about $31 for U3 and AC:R! :lol:

if someone wants only 2 games who wants to sell me an extra copy of saint row 3 for cheap. yeah im pretty sure i know the answer .

I honestly can't deny that im hating on this deal :bomb:. Should have drove the 30 min to best buy long ago and joined.

Damn i am so jealous. But I am the idiot that didnt sign up for the unlocked. This B2G1 sounds awesome. Oh well. I told myself I needed to finish my backlog anyway, so these games should all be $20 or under by the time I get around to it anyway. Gotta stay strong! So jealous of all of you getting three nearly new release games for $60 and change!

I can also report that B2G1 coupon works. Decided to wait ti out until the early morning BF madness had subsided. Just went in my local BB an hour ago and to my suprise most all sales games where left although scattered about the store. Picked up Batman:AC w/Robin code :), Dead Island and Deus Ex:HR all for PS3. Stood in line a good 5 minutes tops..Cashier scanned Batman:AC first then Dead Island, and Deus Ex last but the receipt showed Dead Island which rung up second as free total was $63.58 great deal on a BF no question... Guess this makes up for all the times during the year we where denied stacking of coupons on sales prices for certain games.

[quote name='confoosious']Does the xbox version at BB also have the Robin code? I only saw the sticker on the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Iirc you should see a robin sticker on the xbox case as well. Im 90% certain.

[quote name='mr mellow']I can also report that B2G1 coupon works. Decided to wait ti out until the early morning BF madness had subsided. Just went in my local BB an hour ago and to my suprise most all sales games where left although scattered about the store. Picked up Batman:AC w/Robin code :), Dead Island and Deus Ex:HR all for PS3. Stood in line a good 5 minutes tops..Cashier scanned Batman:AC first then Dead Island, and Deus Ex last but the receipt showed Dead Island which rung up second as free total was $63.58 great deal on a BF no question... Guess this makes up for all the times during the year we where denied stacking of coupons on sales prices for certain games.[/QUOTE]

I too decided to let the madness die down before heading to Best Buy. Most of the new hot games were locked in a cage on a separate isle, so I guess it was a big turn off for most people because they had a massive stock of UC3/AC:R/Madden 12/Batman/...etc and no one was going crazy over it. The only ones they didn't have anymore were BF3 and Dance Central 2. I got 2 of the games I really wanted. I couldn't find Dance Central 2 for my third free game, so I wound up just grabbing Madden 12 to flip. I figured I'd get one with the most stock, so others who really want the other game can get it.

Just got back from Best Buy after grabbing Uncharted 3, Battlefield 3 LE, and AC:R for $63 with the B2G1 coupon. Sold AC:R for $36 to make the deal even sweeter. Was so much nicer without the crowds and crazies.

[quote name='Donut2922']Yep. Iirc you should see a robin sticker on the xbox case as well. Im 90% certain.[/QUOTE]

I've done so much damn shopping I forgot I got Batman at Walmart. :)

Tried to use the coupon and got shot down...

Edit! Apparently the first time I tried the cashier forgot to scan my reward zone card.

Went back and got Dead Island, Rage, and got Resistance 3 for free!
Woulda picked better games but I have everything already

Last edited by a moderator:
Coupon worked great! Had them scan Brutal Legend 1st, Metroid Other M 2nd then Resistance 3 last and it came up free. So paid 7.98+tax total for all 3 games.

[quote name='ceve2001']I too decided to let the madness die down before heading to Best Buy. Most of the new hot games were locked in a cage on a separate isle, so I guess it was a big turn off for most people because they had a massive stock of UC3/AC:R/Madden 12/Batman/...etc and no one was going crazy over it. The only ones they didn't have anymore were BF3 and Dance Central 2. I got 2 of the games I really wanted. I couldn't find Dance Central 2 for my third free game, so I wound up just grabbing Madden 12 to flip. I figured I'd get one with the most stock, so others who really want the other game can get it.[/QUOTE]

Interesting because I just got back and it was sort of the opposite. I was at two stores - the first around 3pm and the other around 5pm. Batman and Uncharted 3 were wiped clean from both stores much earlier than when I was there. However, Battlefield 3 was plentiful for both systems.

I ended up getting 2 copies of AC:R for PS3. At first they couldn't find them at all even though they supposedly had 50 left. It turned out they were in a display at the front of the store (I was the one that found them eventually :roll:). Then I got Deus Ex for my 3rd game. I'll probably try to sell one of the AC:R. The nice thing was that for some reason the coupon discounted one of the AC:R so I got all 3 for $64.98! That was a nice little $5 bonus I wasn't expecting. (Edit: Ah, I see now that it is one of those Best Buy things where the last one comes off no matter the price - kind of wish I had known that ahead of time ;)).

Thanks to you guys for posting about the deal. I never would have expected it to work (either the original price or the fact that it was another sale I thought would have disqualified these). Glad I found a use for that coupon - never thought I would use it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking through the deals thread and just now realized I could have gotten Uncharted 3 at Best Buy yesterday when I used my B2G1 coupon. Instead I got Deus Ex Human Revolution since I couldn't find a 3rd game I really wanted.:wall:

Also got BF3 LE and AC Revelations.

io: I intentionally tried getting the cashier to ring up AC Revelations last since it was the most expensive. I had put it on the bottom of the stack, but I didn't get lucky and he rang up Deus Ex last.

That reminds me, even if I wanted to return Deus Ex, I wouldn't be able to since it is the $0.00 game on my receipt.

Can't believe I didn't get this damn coupon in time!:bomb: I would have loved to pick up two more copies of Metroid and one of the sale games...d'oh! Oh well, can't complain too much...managed to get every great deal from BB I wanted (and they had a bunch), and still have a ton of credit to burn on any good last minute sales between now and X-Mas.

Suppose I should join Unlocked so I don't keep missing out on these deals. I rarely shop at Best Buy anymore but I hate not being able to participate when something like this comes around.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']
io: I intentionally tried getting the cashier to ring up AC Revelations last since it was the most expensive. I had put it on the bottom of the stack, but I didn't get lucky and he rang up Deus Ex last.[/QUOTE]
I tried to do the same yesterday. I had Dance Central 2 on top then BF3 LE and Madden 12 but she flip them so that she could scan the barcodes. So my receipt ended up Madden 12, BF3 LE, then Dance Central 2 as free. It was only $5 but a CAG will always be a CAG :).

My wife threw out my Unclocked member coupon and I am so pissed I couldn't use it on these BF sales. Today I wrote down the sku and tried my luck at BBY. I found a young girl who know nothing about video games. I told her the truth and ask if I can use the sku on the transaction. She hesitated and asked the girl at another register. The other girl said if he had the sku and then just let him use it. Finally I got Batman, Need for Speed the Run, and Assassin's Creed. I put the Ass Creed at the last and then she flipped them over to scan the barcode. I politely ask if she scan Ass Creed at last. The sku works like a charm. I have no regret for this Black Friday. Thank you for all your help and tips.

[quote name='foreinter']My wife threw out my Unclocked member coupon and I am so pissed I couldn't use it on these BF sales. Today I wrote down the sku and tried my luck at BBY. I found a young girl who know nothing about video games. I told her the truth and ask if I can use the sku on the transaction. She hesitated and asked the girl at another register. The other girl said if he had the sku and then just let him use it. Finally I got Batman, Need for Speed the Run, and Assassin's Creed. I put the Ass Creed at the last and then she flipped them over to scan the barcode. I politely ask if she scan Ass Creed at last. The sku works like a charm. I have no regret for this Black Friday. Thank you for all your help and tips.[/QUOTE]

I'm mostly shocked you were able to wait till today and still get AC Revelations let alone Batman. Batman was wiped clean around here before noon Friday. (NFS The Run, on the other hand, they seemed to have tons of - and also Gears 3).

FWIW, I already sold my second copy of AC Revelations for $50 (on eBay). So take away fees and shipping and I cleared about $40. That means I keep my other copy of AC Revelations and Deux Ex for a whopping total of $25. Not too shabby - though not as good as those of you who got them to scan Metroid Other M first ;).

I cant beleave i still havent gotten these coupons in the mail yet ! Good thing that cag user-friendly orangecrush sent me his 50% off game guide coupon in the mail. I used it on a sealed borderlands goty guide i shockingly found at my bestbuy almost 2 months ago and got it for 15$ today after the coupon was used ! Thanks again orangecrush :)

[quote name='io']I'm mostly shocked you were able to wait till today and still get AC Revelations let alone Batman. Batman was wiped clean around here before noon Friday. (NFS The Run, on the other hand, they seemed to have tons of - and also Gears 3).

FWIW, I already sold my second copy of AC Revelations for $50 (on eBay). So take away fees and shipping and I cleared about $40. That means I keep my other copy of AC Revelations and Deux Ex for a whopping total of $25. Not too shabby - though not as good as those of you who got them to scan Metroid Other M first ;).[/QUOTE]

The two stores around me still have enough copies of major releases except Uncharted 3. I actually bought Ass Creed, Uncharted, and Dirt 3 from Bestbuy yesterday afternoon. Today I just went there to see what left. By the way, the Batman I got still have the Robin code.

Used the coupon on Batman AC, Battlefield and Assassin's Creed: Revelations and got AC free. Spent an hour in BB looking for the games in the morning yesterday, wanted Battlefield 3 Limited Edition, Batman, and Uncharted 3 and only found the regular Battlefield, the last copy of Batman and AC (Only one there was a bunch of). Just realized today when I was about to open my games that Batman has a rip in it like someone poked it so will try and exchange it for a new one tomorrow since it is still sealed.

Is it sad that I just realized that one could have conceivably gotten Uncharted 3 (or any other sub-$40 game on BF, for that matter) for $10 if two copies of Other M were scanned before it and the B2G1 coupon was used? :shock:

Ah well, I'm content with having gotten U3 and AC:R for a net total of about $31 after the $32.40 Amazon credit from the PS3 copy of RAGE I sent in. :cool:

I've been unlocked since September and never received these coupons. Can someone PM the sku so I can try my luck? Or point me to where it is listed? Thanks for all the useful BF info I've already used.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']If I buy 3 games not on sale will it still take off the most expensive game if it's rung up last? Would like to get the most of this coupon.[/QUOTE]It should, as long as all three games are $39.99 or less.

Just got the email stating that I am now an unlocked member after 2 months, signed up in sepember. Like a lot of people here, I didn't receive the coupons in time to use for black Friday, hopefully they send these out to us in time for Christmas since I know most games will be 39.99. Still sour about not having it for black Friday and made me didn't buy that many games..

Has anybody received their December magazine yet?

I got the coupons but not the magazine. Called a couple of weeks ago and was told that my subscription starts December.

[quote name='CAG90210']Has anybody received their December magazine yet?

I got the coupons but not the magazine. Called a couple of weeks ago and was told that my subscription starts December.[/QUOTE]

I had the same issue as you. I didn't receive my magazine for the first 2 or 3 months, and now magically I just received my first magazine in the mail in December. I would suggest to call them and let them know what's going on, but I was too lazy to call.

Have not received coupons nor this month's issue.

Been unlocked since September. So many issues with my RZ since September.

[quote name='CAG90210']Has anybody received their December magazine yet?

I got the coupons but not the magazine. Called a couple of weeks ago and was told that my subscription starts December.[/QUOTE]

I thought I saw something last week that the mags will be mailed out today (28th). So unless you're near the shipping center, we won't see them until a bit later this week.

Some of these Best Buy deals have been pretty amazing. I may sign up for a GZ Unlocked membership in the future (probably some time before Black Friday next year).

bread's done
Back