Keiji Inafune's Mighty No. 9 for PC, 360, PS3, Wii U, PS4, XBOne, Vita, 3DS

This is such a ripoff of Mega Man it's not even funny. Like, everything's exactly the same except the characters' names.

That said, it does look fun and I backed it. But if Capcom challenged this legally I can't say I'd blame them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another 200k and we in there. I couldn't give a shit about the other goals after 2.2
I don't know. I'm kind of interested in a 3DS version just to see Beck in 3D.

It's not a current goal by the way, in case anyone was wondering. It's not even (supposed to be) a hidden one.

We don't get mega man games they bitch we get mega man games they bitch. I'm not reading that shit

We don't get mega man games they bitch we get mega man games they bitch. I'm not reading that shit
I think people are just trying to vent their frustration over it not being a proper Mega Man game.

While I'm not sympathetic to rich game designers taking over Kickstarter, I still recognize that Mega Man, by any other name, is just as awesome.

$2,580,000+ raise so far (including PayPal). That means an extra end stage and boss have been unlocked.

25260334a1ffabb97b87f5d22a53f144_large.jpg

$2,580,000+ raise so far (including PayPal). That means an extra end stage and boss have been unlocked.
I honestly thought it would have hit 3M already, perhaps maybe if all strentch goals were announced from the start. It'll most likely hit 2.75M and maybe hit the 2.9M goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFWrYzUX_wc

I can't believe Inafune lent his games to a friend of his wife only that have them get messed up boxes included!

With less than a day and a half till the kickstarter is over, it's pretty obvious it's not going to meet the Vita/3DS stretch goal. I just wish they would've announced the handheld versions a lot earlier.

And they're cutting it pretty close on the PS4/Xbox One stretch goal too. There's still a little over $235k more to go.

Here's a very short clip of the game running in Unreal Engine, but it also comes with a disclaimer from the kickstarter page:

THE GAME WILL NOT NECESSARILY LOOK LIKE THIS VIDEO, MOVE LIKE THIS VIDEO, OR ACT LIKE THIS VIDEO -- THIS IS A COMPLETELY ROUGH TEST ONLY, MADE IN LITERALLY ONE WEEK, USING ALL PLACEHOLDER ASSETS AND ANIMATION
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UXDiQrgI6M

Here's a very short clip of the game running in Unreal Engine, but it also comes with a disclaimer from the kickstarter page:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UXDiQrgI6M
Wow that is a lot of graphical detail for a Megaman game. I love it. Too bad they won't be pressing retail copies.

Wow that is a lot of graphical detail for a Megaman game. I love it. Too bad they won't be pressing retail copies.
I could see retail copies getting pressed later down the line if the game proves successful enough. Like what was done with The Walking Dead, Journey, or other games.

With less than a day and a half till the kickstarter is over, it's pretty obvious it's not going to meet the Vita/3DS stretch goal. I just wish they would've announced the handheld versions a lot earlier.

And they're cutting it pretty close on the PS4/Xbox One stretch goal too. There's still a little over $235k more to go.
They should have had Vita/3DS before the next gen. Hell I don't even know why they bother with the new consoles. If Microsoft/Sony let xbla/psn games (as in not digital versions of disc games) be transferable or whatever on the new consoles, many projects wouldn't need to bother with this shit.

PS4/Xbox One versions are funded.

At a glance it doesn't look like it with the Kickstarter page reporting $3,197,992 but it was just revealed that there is also an additional $115,000 through Paypal that is not reflected directly in the Kickstarter total.

Personally, I hope this reaches the handheld stretch goal because I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY want this game on 3DS.

:pray: 

EDIT: $185,000 to go as of right now.

3460c4224f8efc625be82f9483a05488_large.jpg

Well I may just have to bite my tongue. With the Paypal donations taken into account, there's only a little over $100,000 left to go. I think it's gonna make it.

Here's to hoping it hits the Vita/3DS goal by the time I wake up in the morning.

Well it didn't quite hit it by morning, but there's less than $10,000 more to go until the Vita/3DS stretch goal is reached.

So now that the funding's over, we can finally play Wheel of Kickstarter. What do you think the wheel will land on: lengthy delay, cut features, mediocre end product, or just plain ol' running out of money?

So now that the funding's over, we can finally play Wheel of Kickstarter. What do you think the wheel will land on: lengthy delay, cut features, mediocre end product, or just plain ol' running out of money?
Get out of here, Capcom.

bread's done
Back