Kelsey Grammer to play Beast in X3 (in a major role!)

basketkase543

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
IGN reports that Kelsey Grammer has been signed on to play Beast in the upcoming X-men movie sequel tentatively titled X3. He will not be CG; instead they will use a combination of make-up and prosthetics to bring the furry hero to life.

Here is the link to the interview:

http://filmforce.ign.com/x-men/articles/615/615829p1.html

What does everyone think? I thought the first x film was a good introduction to the mutant world but pretty flawed in the second half of the movie. The sequel was better in so many ways. However now that Bryan Singer (director of first two x films) is gone to direct Superman, I can't help but be a bit skeptical about the new film. This news definately gets me interested again.

All they need to do is make the storyine "Days of Future Past"..the 2 episode comic from issues 140 and 141 or something like that, the best xmen ever.

I think it sounds pretty cool. He's already proven he pull off the intellectual voice as Sideshow Bob. One of the problems i see with him as Beast, however, is I just can't picture him being heroic. I've never seen him do a serious role before so I'm not sure if he's capable of it.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Sure. Beast=Smart
Grammer= Speaks Smart[/QUOTE]

I know that. If the role was just for Dr. Hank McCoy, that'd be wonderful, but they're going to want him to play the big blue guy as well..

[quote name='bobo2k4']What the fuck?

I was actually wanted them to use Michael Chiklis .[/QUOTE]

Character-wise Kelsey Grammer is a perfect choice to play Beast. Chicklis, while more believable as someone capable of doing action, would be a horrible choice for the type of character Beast is.

I do echo someone elses concerns about Grammer being able to handle the action Beast will no doubt have to perform in the movie, however. Perhaps they should employ a mix of CG and live action for anything really physical Beast will be called upon to do.

Sounds like a fine choice to me, as long as they give him some hair.;)

[quote name='BIG5']Beast is gay now?[/QUOTE]

who ever said he straight in the first place?:D

[quote name='BIG5']Beast is gay now?[/QUOTE]

His superpowers have been changed to drinking vast quantities of sherry and bitching about the quality of "modern opera"

There are so many other actors though who can still appear masculine while also sounding educated. Lawrence Fishburn comes immediately to mind. If he were still alive, I would nominate Gregory Peck.

There's many different "Beasts" that he could play. Up until a little bit ago Beast was largely a sideline, support character which would fit Kelsey Grammar perfect. Beast, now, is moving back toward where he began as an action character which I don't think would fit Kelsey Grammar very well.

[quote name='Ledhed']There are so many other actors though who can still appear masculine while also sounding educated. Lawrence Fishburn comes immediately to mind. If he were still alive, I would nominate Gregory Peck.[/QUOTE]

It's more than affecting an intellectual tone. That is inherent on Hank McCoy and a masterstroke in comics history. (To the best of my knowledge Beast was the first character to be both the muscles and brains of a superteam.) Where the going gets more difficult is the snappy patter Beast is famous for, with the occasional affectation of pompousity to unnerve enemies. The best examples of this weren't in X-men but during his time as an Avenger.

I forget which writer decided to drag him from obscurity after his solo run in Amazing Adventures, where he first became furry, but that writer also really created the character as most came to know him.

http://www.plexico.net/avengers/covers/a131.html

Ah, Steve Englehart. I should have remembered. (He gets special credit for having also worked as a video game designer back when extremely few could make that claim.) Englehart created a character who like Spider-man could render opponents confused by his ceaseless talking but Beast had a whimsical quality very different from Peter Parker. I can see how Kelsey Grammer could bring that to life but I have to wonder if he isn't too old for some of the physical duties. Obviously he wouldn't do serious stunts but there has to be a fair amount of action from the Beast.

[quote name='Gameboy415']Maybe they'll get the guy who played Niles on Frasier to be Gambit too!

*sigh*[/QUOTE]

I wish they'd cast me as Gambit

[quote name='Ledhed']There are so many other actors though who can still appear masculine while also sounding educated. Lawrence Fishburn comes immediately to mind. If he were still alive, I would nominate Gregory Peck.[/QUOTE]

Laurence Fishburne would be cool as Beast IMO.

bread's done
Back