Kerig's OXM Premium Theme Disc 4-pack Passaround Two

Hey Kerig, since I missed the initial round, can I get in on this one? Please lemme know if you are still adding anybody. Thanks.

You're both in. So long as there are empty slots in the Contestants List (2nd post) signups are still available.

give you guys an update...

Good News...I have the next persons address

Bad News...there is a slip in my mailbox to pick up front the front desk, but the front desk is closed and I do no know what time I will be able to get to it tomorrow...

...so looking like a Saturday or Monday latest send out

[quote name='CaptainKirk']give you guys an update...

Good News...I have the next persons address

Bad News...there is a slip in my mailbox to pick up front the front desk, but the front desk is closed and I do no know what time I will be able to get to it tomorrow...

...so looking like a Saturday or Monday latest send out[/QUOTE]

The dreaded package slip. I hated that when I was in college. Added another day onto getting whatever you were waiting for. I went to Western Maryland College, btw, which is not nearly as much western Maryland as where you are at, but I've partied at your place a few times. (Western Maryland is now known as McDaniel College, if you hadn't heard the name before.)

I've been looking everywhere for the L4d one for a very long time. As soon as I saw this thread I couldn't believe it. I have to give you HUGE props on organizing this whole thing, I think it's really neat. Honestly I don't really post much on CAG but you do have my word I will stay up to date and make sure I send it out quickly if I get to be on the list. So if I may with your permission and approval, can I take part and join the train, I really want in :) I'll ship out to the next person after I just want to finally get these themes.

Alright, semi-noobs: urine. Barely squeaked by.

Hey Cap'n, remember this?:

[quote name='CaptainKirk']god its only 20 people right?

20 * (Est 4 day shipping time) = 80 days

I hope it doesnt take that long for them...

...I mean all someone has to do is rotate 4 discs in and out and ship next day lol :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Now you know. :)

What's that in your naked hand? A special VIP Pass? Alright, seems legit to me.

I think next run I'll reserve the back 5 seats as the Nooboose. Rather than reluctantly include or turn anyone away, they can fill up the rear and hope for the best.

Hahah thanks kirk! I'm probably the only one in the world without an iphone 4, I would totally use it but my buddy has one so imma regift :)!!!

[quote name='Tsel']Just an update, I have NOT received anything yet.[/QUOTE]

Woa wth...I just checked the tracking number and it somehow is in Jacksonville, Florida...I shipped it out nearly a week ago.

Tracking number 0310 3490 0001 9874 4902 via www.USPS.com

Expected delivery by November 7th. It's the 10th and I still haven't received anything. It finally made it to Chicago last night, so it should be here either tomorrow or the next day.

No idea why it decided to go from California to Florida.

EDIT: Sort of bad news, at least for me. I'm in the Xbox Live Dashboard update beta and apparently premium themes no longer work. =/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tsel'] apparently premium themes no longer work. =/[/QUOTE]

There's been speculation about that, but it was mostly concerned chatter. I'll wait and see when it goes live before officially stomping my feet. They may have different setting options for the final version.

What about the friends list unique background? That's the most important part of Premium Themes for me.

I'm currently in the MS/EA FIFA Beta, where they steal all of your points then tell you to stop playing for 25+ days if you want them back.

Still no discs. I tried using Premium Themes last night and as expected, they don't work on the new dash. I'm just hoping they add in this option later. What about all the ones still on the marketplace? I highly doubt they'll just pull all premium themes from there?

Got the discs today! Thanks for the bonuses, BuDdyLe, at least I'm assuming you put those in there. If it wasn't Saturday, I would have had these shipped out already. Will send them out on Monday.

At this point, I'm waiting for Blank Earth to PM his address.

EDIT: Sent this morning. 9101 1288 8230 0948 6421 56 via USPS.

Received the discs today. Thanks for the freebie! Sent jimmayhorn a PM to get mailing info. I'll edit my post after I ship.

EDIT: Created a shipping label and will be dropping off at the post office after work. DC# will be 9101 1501 3471 1020 5274 51.

Thanks a lot, Blank Earth. Received today. Will try to ship tomorrow. I'll use same packaging.

PM will be sent to next in line to obtain address.

[quote name='jimmayhorn']Thanks a lot, Blank Earth. Received today. Will try to ship tomorrow. I'll use same packaging.

PM will be sent to next in line to obtain address.[/QUOTE]

Responded to PM

[quote name='paintballers']Responded to PM[/QUOTE]

I PM'ed you back. I'll stop by the PO tomorrow after work. Thanks. I'll update this post when shipped with shipping information. Thank you very much OP.

*Update: I just shipped them First-Class USPS. I'll give you an update later. (11/23 4:34 pm Eastern)

i just got off the phone with mircosoft after my dashboard preview screwed up, they said its very highly unlikey these premium themes will carry over just a heads up thought

[quote name='Mr Maverick X']i just got off the phone with mircosoft after my dashboard preview screwed up, they said its very highly unlikey these premium themes will carry over just a heads up thought[/QUOTE]

I read a similar thought. No proof but we'll see I guess. Would be very upsetting to many. Guess they don't care as long as we buy more themes. :roll:

Still chugging along.

Re: The new dash: It's already been confirmed by people who have it in beta that Premium Themes do work, but they're not much better than non-premium now. Someone mentioned the only way to see the friend's background (best part of the Ptheme) is by actually clicking on a friend.

TL;DR: Premium Themes won't be disabled, just severely handicapped. Which until two seconds ago, I thought was the same thing.

You can just download these premium themes on the 'net and use a program (also downloadable for free) to put them on a properly formatted USB stick...then from there pop the USB drive in your xbox and copy/move the themes to the HDD. Simple.

I got all 4 of those themes (Borderlands, RE5, Left4Dead and Lost Planet) a while back simply by googling them and downloading them (then transferring them to a USB stick that was previously formatted on my xbox). No need to mail discs back and fourth. Very simple and easy. There are also quite a few other premium themes you can nab for free this way.

Google is your friend...

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']You can just download these premium themes on the 'net and use a program (also downloadable for free) to put them on a properly formatted USB stick...then from there pop the USB drive in your xbox and copy/move the themes to the HDD. Simple.

I got all 4 of those themes (Borderlands, RE5, Left4Dead and Lost Planet) a while back simply by googling them and downloading them (then transferring them to a USB stick that was previously formatted on my xbox). No need to mail discs back and fourth. Very simple and easy. There are also quite a few other premium themes you can nab for free this way.

Google is your friend...[/QUOTE]

...Google can get you banned

[quote name='CaptainKirk']...Google can get you banned[/QUOTE]

Sorry, not going to happen. Since the themes are not copy protected/locked to an account, there is no way to detect a copy from an original (especially when they are mass-produced OXM discs - there are probably hundreds of thousands of copies, if not millions, of the same themes). Those themes were intentionally made without copy protection for OXM so that they could be copied and used on any xbox 360.

Do some homework before you make yourself look stupid... I would love to see anyone get banned for copying a free premium theme. Sorry, but you are just being dumb and argumentative. I call it like I see it. Was just trying to give people a heads up. Didnt mean to sh!t on your disc mailing train.

EDIT: The worst that could possibly happen is that the program you use to transfer the themes to a USB stick (I think its called xtaf explorer, or just xtaf, or something like that) may accidentally corrupt the files if you arent careful (which is why I tell people to use a newly formatted USB stick and NOT a transfer cable to their HDD). If that happens, just pop the USB in your xbox and reformat it and try again. Its pretty easy once you learn how to use the program...and all you use it for is to copy files to a USB stick, so nothing else is altered or changed in any way. Just put 'em on a USB and then use the USB on your xbox to copy the themes to the HDD. Simple simple.

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']Sorry, not going to happen. Since the themes are not copy protected/locked to an account, there is no way to detect a copy from an original (especially when they are mass-produced OXM discs - there are probably hundreds of thousands of copies, if not millions, of the same themes). Those themes were intentionally made without copy protection for OXM so that they could be copied and used on any xbox 360.

Do some homework before you make yourself look stupid... I would love to see anyone get banned for copying a free premium theme. Sorry, but you are just being dumb and argumentative. I call it like I see it. Was just trying to give people a heads up. Didnt mean to sh!t on your disc mailing train.[/QUOTE]

^Dislike this asshole ruining a fun experience

[quote name='Mr Maverick X']^Dislike this asshole ruining a fun experience[/QUOTE]

LOL! Dont shoot the messenger! :p

As I said, I didnt mean to sh!t on your guys parade. Just trying to give people a heads up is all. Seems silly to mail around discs when all you need is a USB stick. *shrug*

You can still mail them around if you want...lol. (I felt obligated to say something after reading about the sad tale of the first passaround. :p)

No thanks, RROD. When I see keywords that include: Google, download, copy, & corrupt I'll pass every time.

My only comment about your method is this: You're copying someone else's installed version of it. With the OXM discs, you're actually installing the themes. Will you get in trouble from MS? No. Are both methods the exact same? Nope.

Anyhow, good news about the new dash + Premium Themes:

From the XBLA Sales thread:
[quote name='linkinprime']They didn't at first, but they just fixed them. When you get the new update it'll be good. The only difference is that when you look at the friends, they're more close together and the images behind them are about every 2-3 friends instead of one behind each friend. Still looks cool though.[/quote]

So there you have it. End of discussion re: the "premium themes are worthless come next month" scare.

[quote name='CaptainKirk']checking in, how'd this go after I sent the train on?[/QUOTE]

Here is the latest update after me:

Detailed Results:

Acceptance, November 23, 2011, 3:33 pm, CHARLOTTE, NC 28269
Delivered (to paintballers), November 25, 2011, 11:39 am, ELMHURST, NY 11373

[quote name='Kerig']No thanks, RROD. When I see keywords that include: Google, download, copy, & corrupt I'll pass every time.

My only comment about your method is this: You're copying someone else's installed version of it. With the OXM discs, you're actually installing the themes. Will you get in trouble from MS? No. Are both methods the exact same? Nope.

Anyhow, good news about the new dash + Premium Themes:

From the XBLA Sales thread:

So there you have it. End of discussion re: the "premium themes are worthless come next month" scare.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when you download program>>>open to edit data>>>Microsoft will find out>>>will ban you>>>1 year later guy who proposed idea enters thread>>>YO WHY THEY BAN ME SON!!!??

Received my themes and already PM'ed Maverick for his/her address. Will try to ship out Monday and provide DC# when I ship. Thanks everyone!!

[quote name='Solid Scarecrow']Kerig, you said one disc had Dash of Destruction. Is it downloadable or play on disc only?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kerig']If it works like most demo discs, you'll have to play it from the disc (I was able to D/L it when it was still available on XBLA). It's a fun little game, but it only takes about 15-20 minutes to beat the game and another 5-10 minutes to get the local multi-player achievements.[/QUOTE]

(My post from your Dash of Destruction thread from 5 days ago :) )

It's on #96 with the Lost Planet Theme. Adding that tidbit to the OP.

I'm kinda excited to finally get the L4D one when it comes to my turn...I've gotten tired of the old Fallout 3 & Halo premium ones I came across years ago.

Recieved them today pmed static x for his address will have it sent it out tomorrow providing i get a pm back with his details

edit shipped today with usps

dc# 0311 2550 0002 2649 5687

bread's done
Back