Killzone 2 $40.99

[quote name='Jodou']Guess this would be a bad time to point out it's gone platinum. . .as in $30 next month.[/QUOTE]

Where are you getting this information?

[quote name='Tech Star']Where are you getting this information?[/QUOTE]
It's all over UK pre-order sites, including Amazon, with a release date of 9/2. I think two others have been announced (Motorstorm 2 and Resistance 2) to go platinum, so it's only a matter of when it comes stateside.

[quote name='distgfx']Currency conversion:

29.99 GBP = 49.2466 USD

Yup, this is indeed a deal, thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Do that currency conversion again, but put in 16.99 GBP.

In short, $27.86 on UK Amazon.

[quote name='lee7sauce']Do that currency conversion again, but put in 16.99 GBP.

In short, $27.86 on UK Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Oh ho! I didn't even bother checking the amazon link, lol.

[quote name='Jodou']Guess this would be a bad time to point out it's gone platinum. . .as in $30 next month.[/QUOTE]
Already?!

I borrowed the copy I sold to my friend and downloaded the latest update with the "precision" aiming. All I can say is, what a moronic decision to not go with this from the start. While not perfect, the controls are so much better and so much more fun to use. I hated the way the aiming was and this was a major improvement. Had they done this from the start, maybe the game wouldnt be dead now.

[quote name='DietPoopSoda']Woah, already platinum. Guess what that means? I will be buying Killzone 2![/QUOTE]

No, this is not confirmed to go Platinum yet, at least in the USA. Sony has added LBP and KZ2 (along with 2 others) to go Platinum Hits in Europe only for now.

[quote name='mtxbass1']No, this is not confirmed to go Platinum yet, at least in the USA. Sony has added LBP and KZ2 (along with 2 others) to go Platinum Hits in Europe only for now.[/QUOTE]
While that's true, I think you'd be silly to pay more than $30 for now.

[quote name='Duke']Luckily I traded my copy in to Bestbuy about 2 weeks ago for $25. That's a win in my book![/QUOTE]
Yeah, mine became fodder for a $30 amazon coupon. That's the last time I buy a game on hyped graphics. What rubbish.

i loved KZ2 it was a blast.

However its long gone now... I think most people mixed the online peak and that is killing their experience.

So just to be perfectly clear, KZ2 online is dead? lol

no but seriously, i wanted this on the day it came out and i remember a friend telling me how awesome online was. Said it was as good as COD and was very populated.

But now its dead? like not worth buying to play online dead?

No idea about online, I couldn't even make it through the boring SP. The AI was so bad you could literally run around and one-shot knife kill everything but bosses.

[quote name='Jodou']No idea about online, I couldn't even make it through the boring SP. The AI was so bad you could literally run around and one-shot knife kill everything but bosses.[/QUOTE]

Hahah, try that on Elite. It doesn't count if you're playing on the easiest setting.

This game is the best FPS I've ever played.

[quote name='Noogums']So just to be perfectly clear, KZ2 online is dead? lol

no but seriously, i wanted this on the day it came out and i remember a friend telling me how awesome online was. Said it was as good as COD and was very populated.

But now its dead? like not worth buying to play online dead?[/QUOTE]

I hoenstly dont know. I doubt it is.

The problem with all the new shooters is the ranking system. You are starting off a few months after release. Most online people are ranked up and your not.

The CAG clan is done, but I highly doubt the online community is. I never had trouble finding a game at any time of the day.

Online is a blast. I bought KZ2 as filler and put it in and jumped online. I was literally hooked for weeks. It was probably at least 3-4 weeks in before I even played the single player. I turned around and sold SFIV and had not looked back.

I tend to burn through a game and sell it off. I have been bouncing around the idea of rebuying this one as the online portion is so fun.

bread's done
Back