Killzone 2 - $54.99 AC shipped @ Amazon

dallow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
EDIT2: Release date delivery has been added as an option! Free for Prime members, $5.98 for regular customers.

EDIT: Looks as though Amazon has raised the price on the game to $59.99, with the coupon, it would now be $54.99 shipped.

(credit to Guled)
Coupon: KZ2SAVE5

http://www.amazon.com/Killzone-2-Pl..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1233257919&sr=8-1

It's a good game this time (if you hated the first one):

IGN USA: 9.4
Eurogamer: 9/10
IGN UK: 9.4
IGN AU: 9.0
Gamepro 5/5
Gamereactor 10
Meristation: 9.5
Eurogamer.pt 10
Eurogamer.es 10
Gameplayer: 9.5
Empire: 4/5
Vandal 9.6
PSLife (denmark) 9.5
Gamepro (spanish) 10
Inside Gamer (dutch) 9.5
Konsolifin (finnish) 5/5
jeuxvideo.com 17/20
play3-live.com 19/20
Gamereactor (denmark): 9/10 - Second Opinion: 8/10
GamePlay (croatia): 20/20
576Kbyte (hungary): 9.7

Sorry if old. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='help1']Any people with super saver get shipping notices?[/quote]
Nope. I'm assuming they will start shipping those tomorrow. It makes sense.

I paid for the release date delivery (not prime) and still haven't gotten a shipping confirmation. If it ships tomorrow and doesn't get here until Monday/Tuesday, I'm going to be kind of upset that I paid $6 for shipping.

Well I waited until 2/6 to order (the date they announced Release Date Delivery), and my copy still hasn't shipped; it's still pending. Of the hundreds of orders I've placed with Amazon, I've never had a "shipping soon" item not ship on that same day, but I'm starting to get worried now.

[quote name='dallow']Got the shipping notice a few hours ago, I was a little afraid too.[/quote]

When did you place your order?

edit: My copy just shipped!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bmachine']Got mine, too! The UPS dude better be here nice and early! :applause:[/quote]I'm always one of the last houses on my UPS guy's shift. :cry: I got confirmation too btw. I'm so fricking excited!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Mine shipped too.

BTW: Next Day Air shipping is delivery by 10:30am IIRC[/quote]I hope you're right. That would make my day. :D That would be my day. lol

[quote name='TwinTurboJosh']When did you place your order?[/quote]
Just before I made this thread. ;)

Dang, I can't believe people didn't get their shipping notice today.
Did your cards get charged?

Mine was shipped Next Day Air SAVER, which guarantees delivery by 4:30pm.

If your email from Amazon just says "Next Day Air", you should have it by 10:30.

woohoo! mine's in my area and out for delivery already...and with next day air, hopefully i get it in the next hour or so.

[quote name='amazon.com']Delivery of your package has been delayed due to extreme weather conditions or an unforeseen natural event. UPS will deliver the package as soon as possible. We apologize for this unavoidable delay and appreciate your patience. The items listed below are included in this shipment (Tracking Id 'XXXXXXXXXXX'):

"Killzone 2"[/quote]

Ah, crap. Well, at least it's double XP weekend for COD4, that should hold me over until Monday.

[quote name='ma']Ah, crap. Well, at least it's double XP weekend for COD4, that should hold me over until Monday.[/QUOTE]

I got the same thing, but if you pull up the tracking it still shows that it is out for delivery in my area. You may want to check that.

Mine is Out for Delivery but UPS around by me always delivers to me really late (sometimes as late as 7pm) hopefully they dont suck today since the weather is not bad.

BTW for those of you looking at the "Next Day Air SAVER" and "Next Day Air" differences unless you live at a commercial address (i.e. business address) the package is only guaranteed by the end of the business day not by 3:00/4:30 and 10:30/12:00 respectively.

Here are the Next Day Air SAVER guidelines that explain both.
http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/time/service/next_day_saver.html

[quote name='panasonic']mine was shipped from Kentucky i hope its not fucked. (thats the bad shipping center right?)[/quote]
Actually, no it's not. Lived down there for a few years so I can vouch. EDIT: You mean amazon's shipping center?, sorry. The shipping center/HUB for mail down there is speedy as hell though.

My package was shipped from IN, down to KY, and back up here to WI where "Delivery of your package has been delayed due to extreme weather conditions or an unforeseen natural event" ...Lovely!!! Better be here tonight when I get home from work with my bud light!!!!

[quote name='NJMane']Mine is Out for Delivery but UPS around by me always delivers to me really late (sometimes as late as 7pm) hopefully they dont suck today since the weather is not bad.

BTW for those of you looking at the "Next Day Air SAVER" and "Next Day Air" differences unless you live at a commercial address (i.e. business address) the package is only guaranteed by the end of the business day not by 3:00/4:30 and 10:30/12:00 respectively.

Here are the Next Day Air SAVER guidelines that explain both.
http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/time/service/next_day_saver.html[/quote]
My UPS guy delivers pretty late to me too. I hope I get it a decent time tonight, I wanna play it as soon as possible.

[quote name='shadowkast']
My package was shipped from IN, down to KY, and back up here to WI where "Delivery of your package has been delayed due to extreme weather conditions or an unforeseen natural event" ...Lovely!!! Better be here tonight when I get home from work with my bud light!!!![/QUOTE]

I got the same email,a bout weather, but mine is out for delivery as of 7:30. So should be here later this afternoon

Damn I got the weather delay email as well. According to the tracking it looks like it is still on track to be delivered today though so who knows.

Hmmm...mine is still "In Transit". The last update was at 3:43AM in Latham, NY, which is about 2 hours north of me.

I wonder why it's not "Out for Delivery". :cry:

[quote name='bmachine']Hmmm...mine is still "In Transit". The last update was at 3:43AM in Latham, NY, which is about 2 hours north of me.

I wonder why it's not "Out for Delivery". :cry:[/quote]

Check your tracking number against iship.com...sometimes they have more detail than UPS.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Check your tracking number against iship.com...sometimes they have more detail than UPS.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip. They had a little more info but it still says that my copy is in Latham. Both sites say that it's expected to be delivered today, though. I'm not sure WTF is going on.

It's only 12:30 and it's supposed to be delivered by 4:30. Guess I won't start freaking out just yet. ;)

Mine was just dropped off. The tracking progress didn't even get to "out for delivery" as I was worried that the inclement weather might have delayed delivery until Monday. Hooray for release date delivery.

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF delayed due to weather (barely drizzling outside) -- tracking shows it as just sitting in the warehouse since 7am, there goes my weekend :cry:

[quote name='JaTaN']WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF delayed due to weather (barely drizzling outside) -- tracking shows it as just sitting in the warehouse since 7am, there goes my weekend :cry:[/quote]

Call the UPS center...sometimes they let you go in to pick it up.

It's in my PS3 and I can't play it because I have to go get somebody. But it's here, that's all that counts!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Call the UPS center...sometimes they let you go in to pick it up.[/quote]
Its 15 miles away from me and the warehouse is crappy (I live on northside of Chicago and the warehouse is in the burbs) http://local.yahoo.com/info-30151080-ups-customer-center-franklin-park

In the past I would tell them to leave it at the warehouse and not redeliver, I go try and pick it up and they tell me they cant find it and it might be out for delivery. After 3 attempts the notice says to go pick it up, I go the next evening and they cant find it so I had to drive back there the following evening. The UPS drivers are cool, but I rather not deal with the warehouse =P

[quote name='JaTaN']Its 15 miles away from me and the warehouse is crappy (I live on northside of Chicago and the warehouse is in the burbs) http://local.yahoo.com/info-30151080-ups-customer-center-franklin-park

In the past I would tell them to leave it at the warehouse and not redeliver, I go try and pick it up and they tell me they cant find it and it might be out for delivery. After 3 attempts the notice says to go pick it up, I go the next evening and they cant find it so I had to drive back there the following evening. The UPS drivers are cool, but I rather not deal with the warehouse =P[/quote]

That's a bummer dude...there's always the alternative of buying it in-store and returning the Amazon sealed copy to whatever store you buy it from once you receive it.

Mine copy is out for delivery I'll probably get it around 6pm which is usually when he swings by my place. It was in Kentucky around 1am this morning so I was a bit concerned of it even getting here.

I was getting worried why it wasn't here yet but just got it a minute ago (6 PM EST). Amazon and UPS pull through.

bread's done
Back