Killzone 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']i want to know now!

chrome201jv1.jpg

supposedly this is from the game too but I have my doubts.[/QUOTE]

I hope not. That screenshot looks like it came out of 2004.

It's happening at the Sushi Roku Resturant down in Santa Monica. Me wonders if cheapy got invited. I hear it's VERY limited.

[quote name='Zoglog']It's happening at the Sushi Roku Resturant down in Santa Monica. Me wonders if cheapy got invited. I hear it's VERY limited.[/QUOTE]

He was not unless something changed. He said on the latest CAGcast that he was not invited.

[quote name='rodeojones903']He was not unless something changed. He said on the latest CAGcast that he was not invited.[/QUOTE]

not too surprising, seems only the big media people who are pretty well known get to go all the way up to the more popular blogs like kotaku and Joystiq.

I wonder if they put a embargo on releasing anything from that party

[quote name='Zoglog']not too surprising, seems only the big media people who are pretty well known get to go all the way up to the more popular blogs like kotaku and Joystiq.

I wonder if they put a embargo on releasing anything from that party[/quote]

If info I had is correct it is over in about 15 minutes. If there is no embargo I guess we'll see post some time after that... Though I am seeing mention of it being in place until AFTER Sony's main conferance show but we'll see.

I'm almost tempted to drive by like paparazzi and take pics ;)
Sounds like a sweet party though, lots of free sushi and alcohol and a first peek at Killzone 2.

Sony wants to steal some of MS's, specifically Halo 3's thunder. So we'll likely see some news about Killzone beforehand.

That, or they just want to make sure these news sites have stories prepared for the exact moment they show Killzone 2 at the main press conference.

Some early impressions say that it isn't a straight up shooter, and that you have teammates of some sort. It'll be on Helghast, and there was a blurb about Helghans manipulating the weather against the invasion.

Look at the lovely comments Harrison made after the Killzone event:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=26600

High bar set at E3 2005 "was not accidental", and Sony aims to clear it

Phil Harrison has told GamesIndustry.biz that Sony intended to set expectations incredibly high with its controversial E3 2005 trailer for Killzone 2 - and plans to exceed them with the finished product.

"It's a very important game because the anticipation was set so high, which we were conscious of - it was not accidental," Harrison told gi.biz following a presentation of the game in Santa Monica.

"It was important to demonstrate clearly that we have a real-time playable game that exceeds the expectations that we set for it."

Harrison said that Killzone 2 conveyed "the technical capability of the platform and the creative capability of the platform", and paid tribute to developer Guerrilla Games' "incredible skill and talent".

Killzone 2 would, he said, "deliver their original vision" when it launched exclusively on PlayStation 3. "For many reasons, it's an important product for us," he concluded.

The game, whose first in-game screenshot generated enormous interest when it was unveiled today, casts the player into a non-stop war against the semi-human Helghast, with Guerrilla telling journalists that the demo shown on Tuesday evening drew upon virtually all of the PS3's many important capabilities - including Blu-ray discs, which it said were necessary for the game to offer visual detail in depth.

[quote name='dallow']5 mins....

Why do I feel we're only going to get impressions and not screens or video?[/QUOTE]
I think the event was eyes-only, so yeah, impressions.

For now.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I accepted. I see you on my friends list.[/QUOTE]

Weird, I guess my eyes were playing tricks on me :lol: I only looked real quick, that must be why.

And I don't mind it's impression only...because one thing matter to me, does it look as good as the concept video.

Indeed, it's quickly apparent that Guerilla has come much closer to the original trailer than most anyone thought possible. It's not 100% identical to be sure, but there are times (quite often) when it's really, really damn close.

Surprising.

[quote name='dallow']::sigh of major relief::

It is good.
It is good.

Let's hold hands PS3 brothers.

They did good.[/QUOTE]

wow I feel like I'm in a weird cult now, and it's comforting :)

one thing that made me happy was the cover system and the dash system.

In KZ1 I loved the dash (L3) as it saved your ass alot, as well as the heavy emphasis on using cover when reloading.

[quote name='dallow']http://media.insidegamer.nl/screenshots/public/3631/105730.jpg[/QUOTE]

wow smeggin nice!

there's more screens from that NL site, but it seems to be bogged down.

hmmmmmm

man you can tell that IGN article was rushed out lol, some of the paragraphs contradict each other and you see repeating phrases.

Want to see the game for yourself? Head to the PlayStation Network at 3pm PST on Wednesday and you'll find a brand-spanking-new trailer waiting there for you.

woot

Now we just have to wait and see how good the gameplay is because the nay-sayers, that is all they have left... Until they move on to attacking the multiplayer aspects.

>>PS, you guys should post links and not embed all the images to help out.

just concept art, but still nice... seems this officially proves it's called Killzone 2

105732.jpg

man it's gonna be fun to use helghast rifles again, those machine guns/shotguns kicked ass.

I'd really like to see them have an asymmetrical online team game, Helghast vs. ISA, maybe classes.

If they can nail the multiplayer beyond just simple deathmatch, TDM, and CTF variants they can secure playtime on PS3s for a long time.

Wanna see more weapons in general, but for them not to get too weird with them. The best thing about Killzone 2 were the plausible feel of the weapons.

Not sure how good the shotgun was on the Helghan assault rifle though. It'd be nice to see some other shotgun round types for it.

bread's done
Back