Killzone 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Richlough']The save doesn't copy , looks like I have to start over on my Slim .[/QUOTE]

Protected saves like KZ2 can only be moved 2 ways.

1 - If its the same PS3, a backup/restore will work with a usb hard drive.

2- If its a all new PS3, you need the network transfer feature that was added in 3.15 firmware. It MOVES the save from the old ps3 to the new one, signing the save to the new hardware. This involves having both ps3s in working order obviously.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Protected saves like KZ2 can only be moved 2 ways.

1 - If its the same PS3, a backup/restore will work with a usb hard drive.

2- If its a all new PS3, you need the network transfer feature that was added in 3.15 firmware. It MOVES the save from the old ps3 to the new one, signing the save to the new hardware. This involves having both ps3s in working order obviously.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to try the network method .

My 60 GB still works all but BDs .

Thanks .

[quote name='mykevermin']I'm getting back into MP, but I'm terrible and have few of the unlocks.

I'm looking for someone to help me boost some of the mission/turret ribbons so that I can have access to the weapons everyone else seems to be kicking my ass with (like the revolver).

PM me if you want some help, or send me a PSN message.[/QUOTE]

I'm a decent player who prefers just playing the game properly, but there are just some ribbons (especially mission specific ribbons) that require a good amount of luck such as the assassination survival ribbon. it's random who the target is, and if you're on a team of 16 players, you have a 1/16 chance of getting picked, and then you have to survive after that. I think I have ONE of those ribbons, after playing the game in MP for 10hr.

if you're up for ribbon boosting or just want to play with a fellow CAG, please give me a pm. PSN ID is NiGhTHaWk830.

[quote name='Richlough']I'll have to try the network method .

My 60 GB still works all but BDs .

Thanks .[/QUOTE]

put a new laser in and resurrect that bad boy

[quote name='rpnguyen']I'm a decent player who prefers just playing the game properly, but there are just some ribbons (especially mission specific ribbons) that require a good amount of luck such as the assassination survival ribbon. it's random who the target is, and if you're on a team of 16 players, you have a 1/16 chance of getting picked, and then you have to survive after that. I think I have ONE of those ribbons, after playing the game in MP for 10hr.

if you're up for ribbon boosting or just want to play with a fellow CAG, please give me a pm. PSN ID is NiGhTHaWk830.[/QUOTE]

Right. I've been playing proper for sure - if all goes well, I'll legit earn my Grand Valor Cross trophy later tonight.

I just know some of them are highly bloody unlikely - the capture and hold ribbon = 10 *kills* while defending an area in a round? I'll never get one of those, let alone eight. Add what you said about assassination, and the air turret ribbons (which are simply very hard, and not outright PITA).

I'll add you to my friends list and we'll play sometime.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I set up a 2-player game this past week where I survived my assassination as well as killed him - and he dropped about 45 seconds before the entire game ended. I did not get a ribbon for that. I don't get how that's possible.

[quote name='rpnguyen']I'm a decent player who prefers just playing the game properly, but there are just some ribbons (especially mission specific ribbons) that require a good amount of luck such as the assassination survival ribbon. it's random who the target is, and if you're on a team of 16 players, you have a 1/16 chance of getting picked, and then you have to survive after that. I think I have ONE of those ribbons, after playing the game in MP for 10hr.

if you're up for ribbon boosting or just want to play with a fellow CAG, please give me a pm. PSN ID is NiGhTHaWk830.[/QUOTE]

i didnt get that ribbon till close to 70 hour mark.

I am almost 100% ribboned out @ 100 hours.

What were your settings for X/Y Sensitivity & high precision? No matter what controls I select they all feel a bit floaty and it seriously detracts from the game. If this was playable with mouse and kb it would be so awesome. I found it odd when I heard people using Alternate Setup where you cannot do cover & zoom in simultaneously.

I have not found a "sweet spot" for sensitivity settings, J7. I think it depends on the weapon, really.

Guerilla needs to update some things to balance the game out. So help me god every match I end up in at Radec Academy is a clusterfuck of 10-year olds flinging rocket launchers all over creation. I see something resembling "strategy" in perhaps 1 out of every 50 matches I play.

It has some great potential for multiplayer, and I think the maps are well designed. But I also think that Killzone has been dropped off the radar by Guerilla/Sony unless they want to sell us more maps. There are greater issues with the online portion of the game, and it appears Sony's stance with it is the same as it is with MW2: "hey, PSN is free, so we're not fixing shit when it comes to cheats/exploits/glitches."

That's a pretty aggravating mentality.

Guerrilla received losses from KZ2?
I just beat MW2 on Veteran and have to admit that it was much easier than Elite on KZ2. I felt that MW2 was much more unfair though (enemies had 100% accuracy standing a hundred yards away).

I think this game was destroyed by the controls. They suck and seriously ruined the gameplay. I'm finding it hard to even complete this. Edit: not from the difficulty (which is just right on hard) but from aggravation with the controls and the lackluster story & characters.

This is my last ribbon that i need (7/8). Rarely do i get picked and when I do, no body wants to protect me :(

[quote name='asthmatic']This is my last ribbon that i need (7/8). Rarely do i get picked and when I do, no body wants to protect me :([/QUOTE]

If you want to play legitly and get those harder ribbons, play in a lower player amount game. Chances go up when you play in a 7-8 person game. Or even a 4 person game.

I set up a short game w/ 2 players and dueled my way to 8 ribbons. The downside is being patient enough to wait for another player to join.

Just finished all my ribbons a couple hours ago, going to finish up the MP trophies here in a bit (just have the expansion pack ones to go), and then try to weave my way through SP, which I've hardly touched.

I'm going to give it a go on Elite difficulty over the next few days. I hear mixed reports over how difficult it is - but let's be honest: fps titles with health regeneration are rarely difficult, they just vary in how long you have to hide behind cover to avoid being hit.

[quote name='mykevermin']I'm going to give it a go on Elite difficulty over the next few days. I hear mixed reports over how difficult it is - but let's be honest: fps titles with health regeneration are rarely difficult, they just vary in how long you have to hide behind cover to avoid being hit.[/QUOTE]
lol ya - know your cover and you will be fine. There was a few spots that were a PAIN (like the mine train) but you will do it. I just got the plat a few days ago which I never thought I would get when I first got the game.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Is the story from Killzone 1 continued in 2? I own 2 but am hesitant to play it...[/QUOTE]
Yes... but having played the first I'd say you don't need to have played it to get the second.

It's not a direct continuation... more like a plain sequel to a movie... my opinion is that Killzone 1 and 2 is more like Home Alone 1 and 2 (or Harry Potter 1 and 2) than Lord of the Rings 1 and 2. :lol: Some of the faces are the same, similar story line/same general setting (Helghan/ISA war), you may not get some of the conflicts between the characters, that's it.

The story in KZ2 seemed empty to me, as there was little exposition at the start of the game. It felt to me like you missed tons of background narrative if you didn't play KZ1 (or perhaps the PSP game as well).

Don't play this game for the story - it's not there.

[quote name='J7.']The final battle is very easy if you use the flame thrower on him right at the beginning.[/QUOTE]

That wasn't the difficult part - it was the second of the four checkpoints in that area. Good lord, that was hard.

I'd estimate about two dozens tries on the first, 4 tries on the third, and 3 on the final one - and I couldn't even begin to fathom how many #2 took.

[quote name='mykevermin']The story in KZ2 seemed empty to me, as there was little exposition at the start of the game. It felt to me like you missed tons of background narrative if you didn't play KZ1 (or perhaps the PSP game as well).

Don't play this game for the story - it's not there.[/QUOTE]

The Killzone 2 story is the worst videogame story I ever witnessed.

Killzone 1 plot was pretty generic, but it had great characters who were completely revamped or missing in Killzone 2.

I played the hell out of Killzone 1, I disliked Killzone 2 so much that I barely beat campaign mode before I traded it away.

I'm replaying a couple games in my collection this month (Infamous, MGS4, and Killzone 2) and this game in particular stands out as to what a few months of separation can do for a game. When it came out, I kind of liked it, the graphics were good and the online had some nice things about it. Now that I've come back the environments and overall feel of the campaign is terrible. Guerilla seems to be a group of children trying to keep up in an adult's world. The music is out of place, the environments are boring and drab looking, the frame rate can't keep up with the game engine, the guns feel bad (I kind of like the "heaviness" of the guns but it just isn't fun to kill enemies), and the story is totally amateurish. Online was pretty good. I didn't stick around long but the inclusion of having multiple modes per match is brilliant. I get that a lot of people dug the game but this was just a total waste of money for me.

[quote name='sotc1988']I'm replaying a couple games in my collection this month (Infamous, MGS4, and Killzone 2) and this game in particular stands out as to what a few months of separation can do for a game. When it came out, I kind of liked it, the graphics were good and the online had some nice things about it. Now that I've come back the environments and overall feel of the campaign is terrible. Guerilla seems to be a group of children trying to keep up in an adult's world. The music is out of place, the environments are boring and drab looking, the frame rate can't keep up with the game engine, the guns feel bad (I kind of like the "heaviness" of the guns but it just isn't fun to kill enemies), and the story is totally amateurish. Online was pretty good. I didn't stick around long but the inclusion of having multiple modes per match is brilliant. I get that a lot of people dug the game but this was just a total waste of money for me.[/QUOTE]

You nailed it. That was everything I felt and you put it into words perfectly. Since I don't do online, I felt the game was almost a total dud.

bread's done
Back