Killzone 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info

If anyone wants to get the pistol achievement easy, then send me an invite. I had all the classes unlocked, and a good portion of the ribbons, then my g/f accidentally deleted my account instead of her old one, so I'm having to start all over, and I'm just now at medic.

[quote name='hone']Hours!? The standard is 3 maps for 1 campaign unless the server changed it around or the permanent stat servers that were out there. iirc, there were only 4 ranks per "area". Light weapons, Combat Sense, Class speciality, and heavy weapons?[/quote]
:lol:
Yeah, one time I stayed up all night playing it.
It was years ago... and, keep in mind, it was one of the first FPS I played online, so I wasn't that used to playing against people. Previously I only did some "one on one" UT and bot games. I think I logged a total of 20 hours playing it, so I never got that good at it. I really enjoyed the game though, but the constant reset of stats got annoying after a while.
I think the server I usually played on kept stats for as long as you were online + an hour or two of offline, after that it reset it. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure that's what they considered "permanent." And it had extra maps apparently, the whole rotation thing was about 10+ maps I think.
And now that you mention it, I think there were more areas to rank up... for some reason I only remembered the class area at first. I do remember I never got fully ranked up in any class and I don't think I got fully ranked up in any "area" either. I liked playing the "field ops" and throwing down ammo packs and air striking areas. :lol:

[quote name='mguiddy']:lol:
Yeah, one time I stayed up all night playing it.
It was years ago... and, keep in mind, it was one of the first FPS I played online, so I wasn't that used to playing against people. Previously I only did some "one on one" UT and bot games. I think I logged a total of 20 hours playing it, so I never got that good at it. I really enjoyed the game though, but the constant reset of stats got annoying after a while.
I think the server I usually played on kept stats for as long as you were online + an hour or two of offline, after that it reset it. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure that's what they considered "permanent." And it had extra maps apparently, the whole rotation thing was about 10+ maps I think.
And now that you mention it, I think there were more areas to rank up... for some reason I only remembered the class area at first. I do remember I never got fully ranked up in any class and I don't think I got fully ranked up in any "area" either. I liked playing the "field ops" and throwing down ammo packs and air striking areas. :lol:[/quote]

the reset was to keep things balanced, so people weren't OP because Lvl 3 medic had full revive which is way too powerful.

I hated playing W:ET on a server that reset the XP every map/campaign. I loved W:ET when the XP saved for a whole week on a server. Tough to find a server like that, when I got banned from that I stopped playing W:ET since every other server were running lame mods and I don't get why the Unreal Tournament commentator is so damn popular in every online FPS on PC!

[quote name='primetime']Man, scout is so much fun.

Now, the thing for me is trying to find new ways to help out the team since I used to just be a medic right in the thick of it all. Now, I've gotta try to do stuff like get in a good position to kill assassination targets, propaganda carriers, people setting S&D charges, etc. Plus, after I unlock all of the scout medals, I'll be able to pick up other guns and hop in when I need it or be able to throw health packs or something. Don't automatically assume that snipers aren't helping the team ;)[/QUOTE]

I unlocked this over the weekend as well.

Are you invidible forever, until you are seen taking a shot, or what?

I cant really tell how long the invisibility lasts. I know that the screen changes color, but how long does this last?

Well I finally finish the game. Got a bit annoying at the end with the seemingly endless spawns of enemies. I didn't enjoy this as much as Resistance 2, the characters seem to lack any kind of development. Overall the campaign was a 7/10.

[quote name='Thongsy']Well I finally finish the game. Got a bit annoying at the end with the seemingly endless spawns of enemies. I didn't enjoy this as much as Resistance 2, the characters seem to lack any kind of development. Overall the campaign was a 7/10.[/quote]
I finally beat single player last night too. I was getting frustrated on the last campaign/level. I really wish I had time in my life to invest in multiplayer since that is where it's at, but I'm getting old (work, family, etc.)

[quote name='shadowkast']I finally beat single player last night too. I was getting frustrated on the last campaign/level. I really wish I had time in my life to invest in multiplayer since that is where it's at, but I'm getting old (work, family, etc.)[/QUOTE]

I can say dont do it...

I bought the game 10 days ago and have worked 7 of those 10. I have sunk 22+ hours into multiplayer so far... enough that the wife is getting annoyed and asked for a HDTV for the bedroom so she can go watch TV while I play...

I do think that I am getting a bit bored with the multiplayer though... now that almost all the people I come against are leveled it becomes a rocket fest, or a snipe fest with two spawn points directly next to each other and grenades being dropped over and over again..

I am frequently jumping out of games that I get bored in and moving to something else... its become less about points and more about fun for me. I seem to like matches of no more than 16-20, 8-10 per side.

[quote name='Thongsy']Well I finally finish the game. Got a bit annoying at the end with the seemingly endless spawns of enemies. I didn't enjoy this as much as Resistance 2, the characters seem to lack any kind of development. Overall the campaign was a 7/10.[/quote]
Isn't it actually endless?

I'm not sure if it's endless or not. I think I played that part over a dozen times since I kept on dying. I'm not sure if there is a limited number of enemies or if it depends on how much damage you do to Radec.

was playing online for the 3rd time today and it was an assasination I was picked as the target and my whole team just took off.

seriously..wtf..I managed to stay alive for like half the itme needed by hiding with shottie behind a corner but eventually got swarmed.

[quote name='Thongsy']I'm not sure if it's endless or not. I think I played that part over a dozen times since I kept on dying. I'm not sure if there is a limited number of enemies or if it depends on how much damage you do to Radec.[/quote]
Oh... that part... Yeah, those had to be limited cause I didn't attack Radec until the end.

I thought you meant the part outside. I'm pretty sure that part is endless until you advance.

Well outside was tough, and did seem to be kind of endless. Though not as bad as inside since I never knew how much longer I had to keep fighting which was annoying, since I wasn't sure if I needed to already be trying to attack Radec or just fend off the goons that he sends.

[quote name='HowStern']was playing online for the 3rd time today and it was an assasination I was picked as the target and my whole team just took off.

seriously..wtf..I managed to stay alive for like half the itme needed by hiding with shottie behind a corner but eventually got swarmed.[/quote]

Once I went after an assassination target that was a cloaked scout. He hid pretty well under a ramp with his buddies massed right above him and I boosted past him before I figured it. I took him out, but his defenders nailed me. I must say it had the workings of a good tactic. Scout + Boost might be really good for Assassination, boost to escape from attacks(and heal bonus) and cloak to hide while recharging boost.

^nice yeah that sounds like a perfect way to go.
I've only played online 3x and thus far have unlocked spawning with more grenades(from a medal), more points per kill(from a medal), shottie, and smg(from ranking up to sgt or whatever). I need to get some of the cool stuff lol

Last night I just logged in and got the valor top 6% from last week, whats that all about?

I earned a trophy, but I am guessing the ribbon moves from top 6 % group to group each week correct?

Its just that simple right?

[quote name='Snake2715']Last night I just logged in and got the valor top 6% from last week, whats that all about?

I earned a trophy, but I am guessing the ribbon moves from top 6 % group to group each week correct?

Its just that simple right?[/quote]

Got the same thing 2 days ago.. it just popped outta nowhere. :applause:

/EDIT

I'm pretty sure the trophy stays. I'll check in about 1 hr when I get home .

Well I just checked out the Killzone storyline on Killzone.com and it's made me want to play the other 2 games. Kinda interesting stuff there.

[quote name='Snake2715']Tenchi,

Yeah I am sure you hold a few of these.

Does the trophy stay, or does it go as well?[/QUOTE]

You get a new one each week according to your stats. I don't know if how many of each you've gotten are saved somewhere.

Just unlocked technician.
Pretty awesome setting up turrets at the enemys delivery point and sitting back to watch them run in with a propaganda speaker only to get torn up.

I was wondering though, is there a quick way to take down turrets when you're done with them aside from blasting them with the shotgun a couple times?

[quote name='HowStern']Just unlocked technician.
Pretty awesome setting up turrets at the enemys delivery point and sitting back to watch them run in with a propaganda speaker only to get torn up.

I was wondering though, is there a quick way to take down turrets when you're done with them aside from blasting them with the shotgun a couple times?[/quote]

read my blog for help:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=7313

ie. Toss a grenade then take one shot at the turret, kills it in less than 1.5 secs.

Seb from Guerrilla shared some info on the upcoming patch this morning:

[FONT=andale mono,times]Hi All,[/FONT]

[FONT=andale mono,times]I am back, if briefly, www.killzone.com is up and seems stable right now, so that is good news. Also I advise you check out the Billinghurst article on the site toda, here. I like it a lot. Also check out the second part of the Killzone Chronicals, where take a look back at the early development time. part 1 is here. There is more content in those links than you can shake a dirty stick at.[/FONT]

[FONT=andale mono,times]Anyway, down to business. Pending any unforseen problems, early next week patch 1.21 will be released. I'll confirm the timings on Monday. The patch includes the following:[/FONT]

[FONT=andale mono,times]Increase of the standard points settings for Bodycount. Should ensure longer mode on heavily populated games.[/FONT]
[FONT=andale mono,times]The return of Online Bots. Adding bots to an online game renders it ‘unranked’.[/FONT]
[FONT=andale mono,times]The option to create unranked games. Players will be made aware that a game is unranked upon joining.[/FONT]
[FONT=andale mono,times]Fix to Game Search functionality so correct maps are displayed.[/FONT]
[FONT=andale mono,times]Standardization of the Y-Axis controls on the HGH Scout when zoomed with the Sniper Rifle.[/FONT]
[FONT=andale mono,times]Fix to Sensitivity setting where the weapon animation did not follow the reticule correctly.[/FONT]
[FONT=andale mono,times]Fix for auto-aim exploit when rapidly tapping zoom/fire.[/FONT]
[FONT=andale mono,times]Fix to infrequent collision issues with C4 Proximity mines.[/FONT]
[FONT=andale mono,times]Fix to list of games displayed on search.[/FONT]
[FONT=andale mono,times]Stability fix relating to disconnect.[/FONT]
[FONT=andale mono,times]Fix to ‘Clan’ button functionality in custom game creation settings.[/FONT]

[FONT=andale mono,times]We are also working on the next updates and here are some of the areas we are exploring and investigating for the future patches:[/FONT]

• [FONT=andale mono,times]Controls. Seeing about giving more options.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=andale mono,times]Expanding on Join Game searches and options.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=andale mono,times]Improving game and network stability.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=andale mono,times]Collision exploits on maps.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=andale mono,times]Improvements to help play with friends.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=andale mono,times]More game creation options.[/FONT]
  • More game options for clans.
  • [FONT=andale mono,times]Fixes to Clans unexpectadly losing tournament rounds.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=andale mono,times]Other minor fixes.[/FONT]

[FONT=andale mono,times]Now the above does not include the DLC updates that we are working on and they wont all come straight away, but I wanted to give you an idea of the areas we are exploring. If anything else pops up we will of course add that too More on future updates soon.[/FONT]

[FONT=andale mono,times]All the best and will be in touch Monday. have a nice weekend.[/FONT]

[FONT=andale mono,times]Seb[/FONT]

Seb Downie - Producer - Guerrilla Games

What are some good spots for the turret location. mine keep getting blown up before getting any kills it seems like. I put them in corridors and high traffic areas so that the turret isn't having to turn and look all over. I donno. maybe just keep practicing.

[quote name='Pan1c42']What are some good spots for the turret location. mine keep getting blown up before getting any kills it seems like. I put them in corridors and high traffic areas so that the turret isn't having to turn and look all over. I donno. maybe just keep practicing.[/QUOTE]

Read Rolento's blog about using turrets. It's pretty thorough and useful. Basically, you want to to fire into high traffic areas not be IN them because once spotted, it can be taken out pretty easy. I also make it a habit to hunt down and take out turrets so that may be why your turrets keep getting blown up if you're playing cag night games :)

Oh, man, technician sucks if you are on a team of noobs. Either

1)They set up turrets in crappy locations 1a) They then don't destroy them after.

2)This one happened to me today. I was in a hall setting up a turret by an enemy teams smoke nade spawn point, when a teammate tried to run by. He interrupts my build meter so I'm like "chill out I'm putting up a turret" he then tries to go by me again interrupting my build again. Then he starts melleing and shooting me to get me to move. Then some enemies spawn from the smoke and we get killed with no turret getting built. :(

3)they shoot your turrets to get by them...:facepalm: this happened today too and the teammate even blew himself up when doing it...

I did manage to completely keep myself alive using only my own turrets when I was an assassination target. I hid in a corner against on a wall on the very outside of the green area. Everyone kept running in the other hall thinking I was in there. I couldn't move an inch or I would step outside the green zone. It was a good time.

[quote name='zenprime']Well I just checked out the Killzone storyline on Killzone.com and it's made me want to play the other 2 games. Kinda interesting stuff there.[/quote]

all that back story is awesome, unfortunately you wont see it in-game lol. but for a fps i think kz has a very interesting universe.

[quote name='Maklershed']
I'm interested to know more about this[/QUOTE]
Hopefully they streamline the warzone menus so your friends and clan aren't on separate menus. A party/invite system is needed as well.

[quote name='Maklershed']
I'm interested to know more about this[/quote]

it's nothing great. Just adds the ability to hold hands while playing.

Was in a room called "pistol wars" trying to get sidearm ribbons and saw someone from on here I think. they had the cag clan tag their name was blackeyedsniper or something like that. small world!

managed to grab like 5 sidearm ribbons and 5 spawn ribbons in an hour and a half.

I think I might be done playing multiplayer without fellow Beta clan members or on CAG nights because of what just happened pissed me off so much. My team is protecting the bomb sites and I'm playing saboteur. I put one c4 right on the bomb site and around the doorways, a teammate comes up and starts shooting at my c4. I get confused, maybe its a fellow saboteur, run up to him, hes on my team. He throws a grenade, blows up my c4 and then throws down 3 of his own. I just left the game right then and there realizing that people play to get stats and not to win.

^somebody did that to my turret the other day. They blew up my turret and put their own there. Shit was lame. He did it right in front of me, too. As soon as he walked away I blew his up and put mine back.
This wasn't a CAG game just some random game.

[quote name='MisterBee']I think I might be done playing multiplayer without fellow Beta clan members or on CAG nights because of what just happened pissed me off so much. My team is protecting the bomb sites and I'm playing saboteur. I put one c4 right on the bomb site and around the doorways, a teammate comes up and starts shooting at my c4. I get confused, maybe its a fellow saboteur, run up to him, hes on my team. He throws a grenade, blows up my c4 and then throws down 3 of his own. I just left the game right then and there realizing that people play to get stats and not to win.[/quote]

My frustration lately has stemmed more from people a) not attempting to complete the objectives b) not being a tactician c) being a tactician but putting the spawn in insanely stupid spots.

[quote name='HowStern']^somebody did that to my turret the other day. They blew up my turret and put their own there. Shit was lame. He did it right in front of me, too. As soon as he walked away I blew his up and put mine back.
This wasn't a CAG game just some random game.[/quote]

Same thing happened to me the other day and I utilized the same remedy as you. :lol:

^Especially at visaris hammer people ignore objectives. Since the 2 spawn points have that connecting window. A lot of time people get caught up trying to rack up kills by camping in the windows instead of doing objectives.
I actually managed to get a turret in the other teams stairwell there while everyone was up at that window.

And yeah I turned my mic on earlier just for the sole purpose of bitching at somone because they were throwing spawn nades 2 feet from our default spawn position. Everytime I would go to throw one by an objective there wouldn't be any left.

:lol: was screwing around in some warzone last night and the room had friendly fire on... it was really silly when I started getting headshots on myself after a while, not from the enemy but teamates. I wasn't surprised at all that we lost most rounds.

I hate friendly-fire! I've never felt as dumb as when I sniped my own teammate, haha. I also really wish the mic aspect worked differently. It's crazy that the two teams are able to basically communicate with each other, which leads to absolutely no team work.

When I signed on today I got a valor citation for being in the top 10% of players last week. I thought that was cool considering I just bought the game last week :p

Unlocked assault and the M4 in the same round last night in a pistol only room and went batshit with it the next round. Boost in a pistol only room is pretty unstoppable.

[quote name='MisterBee']I think I might be done playing multiplayer without fellow Beta clan members or on CAG nights because of what just happened pissed me off so much. My team is protecting the bomb sites and I'm playing saboteur. I put one c4 right on the bomb site and around the doorways, a teammate comes up and starts shooting at my c4. I get confused, maybe its a fellow saboteur, run up to him, hes on my team. He throws a grenade, blows up my c4 and then throws down 3 of his own. I just left the game right then and there realizing that people play to get stats and not to win.[/QUOTE]

Stuff like this is what really turns me off on multiplayer achievements, trophies, ribbons, etc. in team based games.

Well, I finally beat KZ2. I will admit I struggled to play through the game, but once I got to the 8th mission, things really picked up and I was enjoying it. I especially love
Mission 9, the barrens, because I like mech style action games. I wanted to play that level over and over again and wishes Guerrilla made a game like that.

Overall, the game started out slow, but picked up later. I give the single player a low 8/10 (I did prefer R2 single player in the end). Next up I want the Gold Trophy for General. I doubt I'll go back through single player picking up other trophies.

bread's done
Back