Killzone 2 or Resident Evil 5 - which to choose?

chrisnsally

CAGiversary!
Feedback
114 (100%)
Okay - limited budget, have a gift card to EB (ick) with $64 left on it. Which game would YOU get - Killzone 2 or RE5? I'm more into single-player than multi-player, and loved RE4, but COD4 and Vegas 6-2 were awesome as well...

Suggestions? Reasons why?

[quote name='chrisnsally']Okay - limited budget, have a gift card to EB (ick) with $64 left on it. Which game would YOU get - Killzone 2 or RE5? I'm more into single-player than multi-player, and loved RE4, but COD4 and Vegas 6-2 were awesome as well...

Suggestions? Reasons why?[/quote]
Based on the bolded I would lean towards RE5.

But... there's no way I wouldn't get both games on Day 1.

I'd think Killzone will see a price drop first so I'd go with RE5. I'd definitely try the demos if they are available. Also, I'd read some reviews before deciding. Even if they are both good, one of them might be early GotY candidate and I'd just get the one everyone likes best.

[quote name='javeryh']I'd think Killzone will see a price drop first so I'd go with RE5.[/QUOTE]

First-party price drop over a surefire multi-million seller? No way, Jose. Where's Uncharted or Heavenly Sword GH?

RE5 is most likely going to have a more substantial single-player experience, since that's all it has.

Killzone 2, however, may have a bit more longevity/replayability with you if you end up enjoying the multi-player.

I'm personally buying Killzone 2. I believe that more people will end up finishing RE5 and then trading it in than Killzone 2, thus cheaper to get in the after-market.

RE5 if you are more of the single-player game person. Or maybe get Killzone 2, beat the single player and sell/trade it and than get RE5.

Both will have excellent single player games, but only one will have the multiplayer longevity. I would buy killzone 2 and rent RE5. RE5 will be cheap quick, killzone 2 has 0 chance of that happening anytime soon. As previously mentioned, 1st party major ps3 titles are for the most part still full msrp over a year after release.

Isn't RE5 intended to be played as Co-op? I didn't love RE 4 (it was alright), so my views are skewed, but by far the worst part about RE games for me are when you have a second person to help so if they designed it for co-op and the other person is AI when you play alone I'd be scared.

If my impressions are wrong let me know, as I said I'm not that interested in RE 5 so I haven't been following it closely.

fuck RE5, I know its going to be good, but its still just another RE5. I think that Killzone is going to be something special. My wife already bought me so much for Chrismas and B-day, I hate to go back to the well, for another game, for Anniversary and Valentines... fuck it I'm worth it! lol

If i had to pick 1 game for the time being..

I would based my choices on pasts games in the series... Resident evil has always been AAA & RE5 won't be no average game... Well 1st Killzone game was a big let down for me, total crap IMO & wasn't the Halo killer, that sony claimed.

I would get RE5 1st.

but I would get the other in time.. After price.. drop..

if your more into single players games go with RE5
personally i am much more into multiplayer games and find that i get a lot more replay value out of them.
so i am getting killzone 2 on launch date but will probably pick up RE5 later

I was in the multi-player beta for K2, and I was simply blown away graphically. It was fun, too - but I guess I'm wondering just how substantial is the single-player experience for K2...they seem to have spent a LOT of time w/ the multiplayer...did they do the same for single?

RE4 was incredible, IMO. Reviews on it tend to agree. Does that setup 5 to be a letdown? Or raise the bar to make it even better? And how did somebody play the demo? Is there one out there?!?!?

Get Burnout Paradise for $20-$30, wait until the other two drop in price. :)

Personally, I would wait since they both supposedly have a decent single player, and RE5 is tying the multiplayer thing for the first time. That, and I've read that RE5 is like RE4, but better graphics. If you didn't care much for RE4, maybe you won't want to get it. If you have to have one of them and it has to be day 1, go with RE5.

If Killzone 2 is a hit like everyone predicts than you should be able to find it used for around $35 a couple of months after release (similar to Halo, GTAIV, Gears, Resistance, etc). RE5 will be great but for the most part it's a game you'll beat a couple of times before being done with it.

I would recommend getting RE5, by the time you're done/tired of it Killzone 2 should be around $35 used. So essentially you are swapping RE5 for Killzone 2 give or take a few bucks. Thus getting the most bang for your buck.

I don't see why you wouldn't find RE5 for the same price as KZ2 used in a few months (if not cheaper than KZ2). Honestly it is a hard choice between the two because they should both be great games, but I think that Killzone 2 will retain its new value longer than RE5, IMO. So really I personally would go with Killzone 2.

Resident 4 was my favorite game from the last gen, but I would say go with Killzone 2. It is going to be the showpiece for the ps3 until Turismo and Final Fantasy come out. As much as I want Resident 5, I don't see it being better than killzone 2.

[quote name='silent h3ro']I don't see why you wouldn't find RE5 for the same price as KZ2 used in a few months (if not cheaper than KZ2). Honestly it is a hard choice between the two because they should both be great games, but I think that Killzone 2 will retain its new value longer than RE5, IMO. So really I personally would go with Killzone 2.[/QUOTE]

Because Killzone 2 ships two weeks before RE5 and like it or not most people get tired of FPS fairly quickly, especially when the game is extremely popular. Assuming Killzone 2 is a hit you're bound to find a few used copies by the time you're done with RE5.

Yah, i dont see how this is really hard to see, Killzone 2 will have a amazing single player campaign along with a robust online that everyone who plays it loves more then any other FPS theyve ever played. RE5 will be awesome, but it has no longevity unless you plan on playing the game multiple times over and over.

btw, this is the major problem with this gen of gaming, the FPS games have such longevity, it hurts the sales of the single player games (even tho it is co-op, its still the same campaign).

Go with KZ2.. the strength will be the MP and you'll want to get in on it while its hot. There won't be another RE game for years and fans of the series will always be playing it at any given time.

My money is on RE5 because like on the demo, they are going to have co-op play on- and offline. I wasn't a big fan like my friends, but I grew into it. And besides RE5 has really good graphics...

I say wait. Get both the demos and see what one you like. Find a friend to share the Killzone 2 demo with you. Both demos come out in 2 weeks anyway should be on the 5th. Or if you can't find a friend put down 5$ at gamestop get the demo. If you hate the demo put the 5$ towards RE5

Played the demo last night....I know it was the case in RE4, but what's with not being able to move while you aim? Anyone else find that annoying? Especially after playing Gears 2 and other over-the-shoulder games...

[quote name='Poor2More']uhh Killzone 1 was horrible....yea thats a no brainer.

RE5[/quote]

I think you're hating on Killzone 2 and recommending RE5 because you don't have a PS3 and are bitter.

I didn't like RE4 but finished it just to see what the fuss was about. I have a huge backlog, so I'll probably get both many months afer they're released and only for their single player modes.

I've just tried RE5 demo on 360 and I gotta tell you. It's impressive. Though I won't say which one is better but IMO RE5 is a gotta have game of the year for me. You really can't decide till they both come out with at least demos. Hopefully Killzone 2 public demo will be out soon or Pre-order demo.

I would wait on both, and then when a 20% off PS3 game coupon hits... grab them both for ~42 each used. That's what I did for fallout 3 and resistance 2. I dont regret it one bit.

If you HAVE to pick one...it's Killzone 2. I had a ball playing the beta...loved the hell out of it. Unlocked the Scout, almost all the ribbons/badges.

RE5 pending how much you love RE. Both games can be beaten in 10 hours...but Killzone 2 has the competitive multilayer.

Killzone 2.

You will be able to find RE5 used easily a week or two after launch. Games without competitive online usually are sold fast and if they're popular then the price will be driven down.

Recent Examples: Fallout 3 and Fable 2. Was able to find both for around $40 each, a week or two after launch on eBay.

Got Force Unleashed two weeks after release, for PS3, for $14.

Yah, I have to agree... Killzone 2. With the competive multiplayer, it will have a lot more replay value. I've already got my reserved from Gamestop so I have early access to the demo. And not being able to shoot and move at the same time... That's a Resident Evil staple. :)

You should listen to the new 1up yours (Listenup) they talk about both. Killzone they say is mainly single player, RE5 coop. They also have very strong opinions concerning both.

They love killzone, and hate RE5

I would say Killzone 2. Also, because it's a Sony 1st-party title which generally take more than a year to officially drop from the $60 price point (I'm looking at you Uncharted and R&C). Chances are much higher that you will see RE5 come on sale within a few months of it's release.

Although since you are using a giftcard to GS as others have said you may be better off waiting for a used copy and overlapping deals (20% coupon). The coupons may cycle through soon after those games are released.

[quote name='happy']You should listen to the new 1up yours (Listenup) they talk about both. Killzone they say is mainly single player, RE5 coop. They also have very strong opinions concerning both.

They love killzone, and hate RE5
[/QUOTE]

they're on crack, Play the demos, decide for yourself.

I'd go with RE5 simply because there are arguably better multiplayer experiences for FPS games. Plus, imho, the online functionality of the PS3 is still lacking. It is still lagging behind the 360 and because of that I'd be concerned that the multiplayer integration might be lacking in some respects. If Killzone2 was a multiplatform game my decision would probably be different.

[quote name='ivanctorres']I'd go with RE5 simply because there are arguably better multiplayer experiences for FPS games. Plus, imho, the online functionality of the PS3 is still lacking. It is still lagging behind the 360 and because of that I'd be concerned that the multiplayer integration might be lacking in some respects. If Killzone2 was a multiplatform game my decision would probably be different.[/quote]

In other words, Halo rulez!!!!!!!!!1one!:roll:

I'm in the same boat as you, I only have enough to get 1 game. But so far I'm leaning towards RE5.

And if the aiming without moving bothers you, maybe you should just get Killzone 2.

bread's done
Back